[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come anybody likes this trash? >main villain's sole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Superman_Earth-One_003.jpg (310KB, 668x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Earth-One_003.jpg
310KB, 668x1024px
How come anybody likes this trash?

>main villain's sole motivation is to... expand the anti-matter universe? Seriously?
>bunch of characters that nobody cares about gets tons of unnecessary protagonism
>75% of the facial expressions are just variants of Munch's The Scream
>The Anti-Monitor needed Psycho Pirate, except he actually didn't
>characters spend a great deal of time explaining on what is happening on the drawings for no need, and have annoying, even cringy internal monologues (although that was common practice on the comics in the 80s, Chris Claremont did a much better job in X-Men)
>that whole scene between Kamandi and Solovar, when Solovar is dying and Kamandi acts like he has been his greatest friend and mentor in his life
>the New Panther subplot

Seriously, that whole thing was a mess. Secret Wars did a much better job. The best things of Crisis On Infinite Earths were Lex Luthor, Brainiac and Darkseid's cameo
>>
I'm sorry you hate fun.
>>
>>94064856
That wasn't fun! 80% of it is mass genocide, and the rest are the heroes crying about ir
>>
Better than Secret Trash or any marvel event.
>>
>>94065145
>dcfag likes edging: the edge
breaking news
>>
Then you got the attention span of a 3 year old kid if you think Secret Wars was any better. SW looks like something made by Michael Bay.

Also, you're seeing it out of the context of it's time.
>>
>not liking George Perez drawing 100 superhero panels
>>
>>94064831
It was the first thing of it's scale attempted and certanily isn'tvwithout issues.
It"s best read digitally, anon, on a tablet, so you can pinch zoom and read it a panel at a time.
A lot of the characters hadn't had panel time in a decade or more and Wolfman didn't want them to be a part of the background, so they got monologues and some dialogue.
Expanding territory is fairly solid motivation, and used to good effect here and, I might add, in Annihilation, as well.
>>94065145
I would have to disagree, AoA and Annihilation Conquest are both superior. At DC, I'd rank DC One Million waay above CoTI.
OG Secret Wars is indeed trash, though, as is most everything woth Shooter's name on it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.