[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY [GREEN GOBLIN], WE'RE NEW YORKERS! YOU MESS WITH ONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170719-210804.png (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-210804.png
473KB, 1920x1080px
HEY [GREEN GOBLIN], WE'RE NEW YORKERS! YOU MESS WITH ONE OF US YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US!!!
>>
Prime example of good idea that fit the character well that had a terrible execution
>>
>>94064795
HEY ASSHOLE! GET BACK IN YOUR CAR AND MOVE IT EH! IM TRY'N TO GET TO WORK! GO MOUTH OFF TO YOUR GREEN BOYFRIEND SOMEWHERES ELSE!!!
>>
>>94064795
As a New Yorker, I can confirm that this, in fact, is not at all how it works.
>>
HEY, I'M WALKING HERE!
>>
Cringy as fuck even at the time
>>
The Northeast is a hellhole.
>>
>>94064795
I guess it was added post-911 to the script
>>
>>94064795
Which is worse, this or the scene in ASM1 with all the crane operators?
>>
File: spidermanrealparadise.png (41KB, 608x878px) Image search: [Google]
spidermanrealparadise.png
41KB, 608x878px
>>94066148

This at least seems organic. I can buy that some people would throw trash at a bad guy during a super hero fight. It's like something out of a wrestling match. The mess with one of us thing is a product of it's time.

The crane scene has no excuse. It's confusing. I actually brought it up with my friends after seeing Homecoming and my friends thought I was making it up.
>>
>>94066215
It seems like everyone who liked ASM1 completely forgot about that scene and how retarded it is. Still not as dumb as even half the shit in ASM2 though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170527-094247.jpg (59KB, 317x780px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170527-094247.jpg
59KB, 317x780px
>>94064795
Let us break down this scene

As you can clearly see the Green Goblin is a metaphor of Donald Trump and his Muslim ban all across America but also particularly in New York.

When this character yells out "you mess with one of us you mess with all of us" well he's implying when he says "one of us" is singular but also plural. Someone cannot be simply "one" if they belong to "us". Because irregardless of someone's nationality, Heritage, ethnicity, sexuality, or religion, New York city has been a mixed bowl of cultures. People in their communities see muslamic folks in the everyday lives, it is normal. And to see a fellow New Yorker being attacked by the president and his administration is simply unjustly. So just like the protests on the Muslim ban happened throughout the night this scene takes place at night time. With New Yorkers fighting for their fellow man. Because that is the type of overarching culture that a Multicultural Society such as New York has brought up. Hence the quote "all of us".

Bravo raimi, mixing action adventure seamlessly with political commentary.
>>
>>94066148

For as dumb as this scene is, it makes sense in a historical context. It came out right after 9/11, and Raimi is a very earnest, cornball filmmaker so I get why he thought a "NEW YORK FUCK YEAH" moment seemed like a good idea at the time.

ASM1 is the exact same scene but ten times more retarded and ten years later. Why the fuck would you do that AGAIN? Webb is no Raimi, it never feels honest.
>>
EY GREEN GOBLIN I'M WALKIN HERE
>>
>>94065906
Superman did it good
>>
>>94066817
Within the context of the narrative, it was both the confirmation of the importance of Uncle Ben's philosophy and Spider-Man being embraced by New York City after being treated as a criminal throughout the movie.

I liked it. It was a more emotionally satisfying moment than anything in "Spider-Man: Homecoming".
>>
>>94067123

Wait, did you like the Raimi-Man version or the ASM1 version?
>>
>>94066009
I never understood why Osborne didn't just shoot him.
>>
>>94067361
ASM1. Raimi is a hack
>>
>>94067772

Raimi is an artist, even if you don't like his art.

Webb is a hack fraud who was only picked to direct because of his last name.
>>
>>94067361
Both, but I was referring to the ASM-verse.
>>
>>94067802
>Webb is a hack fraud who was only picked to direct because of his last name.

Why spread lies?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.