[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Aang didn't run away and get frozen in an iceberg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Air.jpg (14KB, 273x275px) Image search: [Google]
Air.jpg
14KB, 273x275px
What if Aang didn't run away and get frozen in an iceberg? Could Aang have saved the Air Nomads if he had stayed?
>>
>>94054717
Maybe, but I wouldn't put my bets on it.
>>
He could have certainly saved a lot of the earth nation and southern water tribe.
I don't quite recall what the time-table on the destruction of the Air Nomads was though. Did they do that all during the first Sozin's comet?
>>
Nah, he would have died.
>>
>>94054717
No he would have jobbed to Sozin.
>>
>>94055045
Nah they continued hunting down the leftovers afterwards. Some of the comics dealt with one of those old 'air nation remains'. Which was actually some of their old stuff used as bait to lure in air nomads.

Of course it doesn't explain why none of them went to Ba sing Se or anywhere else unconquered by the fire nation.
>>
>>94054717
Nah, his teacher was a much better airbender and even he got destroyed.
>>
>>94054717
No. He would have died.
>>
>>94054717
No.

His ass would have died.

Potentially going into the avatar state he could have saved a couple of them, but he should have still either been seriously wounded, killed, or forced to flee.
>>
>>94054717
No. Aang had no training, and Sozin had the element of surprise, and all his troops were powered up by the Comet.

Worst case scenario: Aang goes Avatar state, but Sozin kills him anyway.
>>
>>94056870
How was he in any better shape a 100 years later?

He'd still have the short period of time to master the elements before the comet, and at worst he'd still have to face a comet powered firelord, just like he does in the show.
>>
>>94056870
That's assuming that Sozin was at the right Air Temple to find Aang. There was a 1 in 4 chance Sozin would be there to kill the Avatar himself
>>
Everyone is saying no, but we don't know how long after he got frozen the attack was. It may have been years.
>>
>>94056939
He had just gone through 4 seasons worth of training and character development.

>>94057007
Was the Avatar's identity anonymous? The White Lotus weren't really a thing back then, and everyone on the Southern Air Temple seemed to know that Aang was the Avatar. I find it hard to immagine that Sozin didn't have spies in any of the Air Temples.
>>
>>94054717
>Could Aang have saved the Air Nomads if he had stayed
against a comet-powered army? no.

Most likely they would kill him in the avatar state. Best case scenario, they capture him.
>>
>>94056870
>>94057260
>>94056737
>>94055094
> and all his troops were powered up by the Comet.
The boost from the comet is overrated. The top firebenders get impressive powerups, but the average firebender just gets marginally bigger flames.

Everyone also seems to underrate the Avatar State as well because of Azula's plot armor.
>>
>>94057075
It may have been the same day.
>>
>>94057281
>the average firebender just gets marginally bigger flames
The ones in the zeppelins were burning quite a lot. Considering they were losing to fucking Sokka in close combat, i doubt they are That impressive.
>>
>>94057232
>He had just gone through 4 seasons worth of training and character development.

And what's to stop him from getting 4 seasons of training back then? Unless the comet showed up on, like, the exact same day that Aang ran away and got frozen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.