[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have to read issues before Alan Moore's run (1-19#)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2197869-28.jpg (125KB, 600x932px) Image search: [Google]
2197869-28.jpg
125KB, 600x932px
Do I have to read issues before Alan Moore's run (1-19#) or can I already start from issue 20 ? I have read 1 to 10# of Berni Wrightson by now
>>
You don't need to read them. They're pretty pedestrian fare and Moore completely starts from scratch anyway.
>>
>>94048788
You don’t, but might as well continue if you’ve already started.
>>
>>94048925
>the crow
>Abby
>his old motivation

Ignore this guy. Yes, you should read the issues before his run, and ideally, volume 1, too, which was very short.

It's possible to just start with Moore, but I think you're better served reading what came before him, as well, which isn't particularly long and does have some important establishing characters and characterization for post-Moore ST.
>>
You don't really have to read them but I thought they were nice and fun
>>
File: 51WJwR8QmnL.jpg (50KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
51WJwR8QmnL.jpg
50KB, 350x500px
>>94049041
Are they gathered in any paperback ? I just bought this, thinking that the story is complete
>>
The first issue of Moore's run is called Loose Ends and deals with all that stuff. You're good starting with Moore
>>
>>94048788
You really don't NEED to read anything before Moore's run.
>>
>>94049234
I don't think the first issues (not Moore) are collected in paperback yet. There is an omnibus coming out soon.
>>
So I just finished the first volume of Moore's run and I have to ask: where does the modern interpretation of swamp thing come from? Everything I've read said Moore's run is who they base the current ST on, but he seems completely different to modern interpretation.

Moore's ST seems to be more interested in being a mediator between human and plant, and like he genuinely wants to see the world get better.
It seems like the modern ST is just a grumpy asshole who will let people die because "lol u aren't thuh green"
Does he become that sort of character as the run goes on our do people really not get what he was going for?
>>
Oh okay. I have no choice but start Moore's run and read the first issues when the omnibus is available. Thanks guys
>>
>>94049588

the second one and people don't wanna imitate moore too much bc you can't top it
>>
>>94048788
What everyone else said. You don't NEED to, but you might as well.

>>94049588
Dunno exactly which modern run you're talking of, but it's entirely possible it deals with an entirely different Swamp Thing, not the reanimated plant ghoul Moore comes up with.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.