[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 HOURS UNTIL SPAWN MOVIE REVEAL >THIS KILLS THE DKEKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: ebin movie.png (118KB, 505x429px) Image search: [Google]
ebin movie.png
118KB, 505x429px
3 HOURS UNTIL SPAWN MOVIE REVEAL

>THIS KILLS THE DKEKS / MARLELKEKS
>>
>>94042876
No, it really does not. You can be hyped for it sure, but no reason to assume fans of other franchises are worried about it. It is just a movie, calm down.
>>
>>94042876
DChumps were dead LOOOOOOOONG before this
>>
>I'm happy to announce that we've got some great ideas for a Spawn movie, please call me, studios!
>>
File: INB4 it flops.png (108KB, 483x377px) Image search: [Google]
INB4 it flops.png
108KB, 483x377px
>>
I love McFarlane's style, love Spawn as a concept (and design) and think McFarlane has directed some amazing music videos...

But it sounds like we will barely SEE Spawn in the film. I like Spawn as a human trapped in a dead body, living in the alleys with bums and fighting angels and demons. Every5thing this film won't be.

While the best Spawn stuff writing-wise was Spawn as a boogieman who only showed up once per issue to kill some unlucky person, that is not what made me love the character per se. I WANT superhero Spawn with cool cape and chains moping in the alley, not some shape in the background killing a random junkie who raped his GF...
>>
>>94042921
This, or "it's going to be CGI since live action is too expensive".
>>
>>94043178
Or the news is going to be that the film will be funded through Kickstarter.
>>
>>94043172
>I WANT superhero Spawn with cool cape and chains moping in the alley, not some shape in the background killing a random junkie who raped his GF...
Kill yourself pleb. The HBO show was great because it did the later. And frankly did the whole first 30 issues of Spawn much better than the comic book.

Sam and Twitch book was also great.
>>
I'll get excited when I see a poster in a movie theater. Spawn is pretty much a dead IP
>>
where's my Youngblood movie Liefeld?!
>>
>>94043532
My fellow anonymous. Sam & Twitch indeed are good. They should get another run, IMO.

On a side note, I've been a Spawn reader since the beginning.
>let's not mention the whole Jim Downing thing.
>>
SOo, uh, what was the announcement?
>>
>Kevin smith
>>
>>94044146
>I'll get excited when I see a poster in a movie theater.
This.
>>
Didn't he announced something like this a couple years ago? Like a scrip almost done or in development?

So the script is ready or a movie will happen?
>>
The news is he signed on with Blumhouse to make the movie and it's going into production
>>
>>94046320
>Blumhouse
It's that Paranormal Activity company, right? They have some solid stuff under their belt, like Whiplash, Get Out, Oculus and some other stuff. Eh, it's one thing more than last time.
>>
>>94046320
So, maybe a year or two until we actually see something, right?
>>
MOOOOVIE
>>
>>94042876
I'm personally hoping for an HBO kind of affair.
>>
>>94042876

Does it have Keith David? It better have Keith David.
>>
Why don't people like the movie with Michael Jai White? As a total Spawn noob I enjoyed it when it came out, the story was straightforward and the visuals were mostly good, only the CGI was dated in hindsight but was otherworldly enough to get by

This was hype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1SBy4HeJmM
>>
>>94043172
needs both
>>
>>94047539
>Why don't people like the movie with Michael Jai White

i did. i always did
>>
>>94042876
It's been 3 hours.
>>
Watch it be a Netflix animated movie
>>
File: spaceghost-wolverine-feminism.jpg (629KB, 880x4792px) Image search: [Google]
spaceghost-wolverine-feminism.jpg
629KB, 880x4792px
>>94042876

Do you think spawn will be a lady in the new movie?
>>
>>94043172
Spawn's at its best when it's action-horror rather than pure horror.

>>94043532
The animated series was great because it managed to blend both Spawn's dilemma with the current happenings with the world. Todd's statements about the film makes Al sound like a non-character. Ultimately Spawn is about a man trying desperately to move on, which is what made the first season finale so GOAT. With that human element removed Spawn loses a lot of its narrative appeal (or at least what little there was).
>>
>>94042876

>>hey guys I'm making a Spawn movie
>>but without Spawn because that would be lame
>>wouldn't want to actually show the only reason any of you are interested in this
>>
>>94047539
I still own the VHS extended cut, if I'm not wrong. I would like to see Sam and Twitch on the new movie.
>>
>>94046320
They're gonna cast David Kaluuya as Al Simmons, I'm willing to bet on it.
>>
>>94049025
Could've picked a better target for this as Laura doesn't act like the other diversity hires.
>>
>>94042876
>Blumhouse will be the main producer
>McFarlane finished the first draft of the new Spawn movie's screenplay
And that's it for the SDCC Spawn movie announcement.
>>
>>94052483
That wraps it up. Couldn't add more cuz there's nothing more to add.
>>
>>94047539
>Schizophrenic tone
>Watered down and half-assed action scenes to accommodate the PG-13 rating
>Clown trying way too hard to be funny
>Sam and Twitch relegated to a blink and you'll miss it cameo
>Needless changes such as changing adding in Jessica Priest...only for her to die unceremoniously because her sub-plot was cut out

Overall it captured the WORST aspects of the source material while adding almost nothing new. That being said it's good way to introduce younger audiences to Spawn, but otherwise the HBO show is a better adaptation in almost every other way.
>>
>>94047539
i just fucking remembered how 90's that soundtrack was
>>
>>94053928
>CAN'T YOU
>CAN'T YOU
>TRIP LIKE I DO....
>>
>>94053928
Last decade of good music until the sounds of robots fucking, mumbling rap lyrics and fucking lame ass bass drops and corporate created pop became trendy.
>>
>>94042876
Well, is there a movie or nah?
>>
>>94053026
>>Clown trying way too hard to be funny
so, he was true to the source.
>>
>>94055967
Like I said, all the worst elements of the comic.
>>
>>94042876
About 18 years too late there Toddy boi.
>>
I just got home from work.

so the spawn movie announcement was that theres a spawn movie?
what the fuck? thats it?
>>
>>94058469
and it's coming back in Pog form
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.