[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollywood Reporter: Ben Affleck's Batman Future in Doubt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 20

File: ben_0.png (434KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
ben_0.png
434KB, 768x433px
>Ben Affleck is heading to Comic-Con this weekend to promote Warner Bros.’ upcoming Justice League movie, set for a Nov. 17 release. But how many more times is he likely to put on the Batsuit? Probably not many, if ever again.

>Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

>Exactly when and how that might happen has yet to be determined, but it would be wise to bet against Affleck starring in The Batman. Already he has stepped away from directing the film and Reeves is dropping the script that Affleck wrote with D.C. Entertainment’s Geoff Johns.

>Reeves also has acknowledged that he has a Batman trilogy rolling around in his head, and given his success making two-thirds of a trilogy out of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes, it seems fair to anticipate that Warners will want him to realize his vision.

>In addition, Affleck will turn 45 in August, so he would be pushing 50 before The Batman arrives in theaters. If Reeves makes a trilogy, Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.
>>
>>94040370
>And while male stars have been able to stretch their action-film relevance further in an age when there are fewer bankable young stars (Robert Downey, Jr. is 52 and going strong as Iron Man), studios favor the fresh-faced — look what happened with Spider-Man, successfully rebooted with 21-year-old Tom Holland. (Affleck also just dropped out of the Netflix project Triple Frontier, and it’s not clear what his next movie will be. His reps declined to comment.)

>Warners could hypothetically create dual Batmen, keeping Affleck in the role for a planned Justice League follow-up while letting Reeves cast his movie with a different star. But that hardly seems likely. The first Justice League already is at an inflection point: Director Zack Snyder has stepped away in mid-production and his successor, Joss Whedon, is said to be doing extensive reshoots. (Note that Justice League member Superman is played by Henry Cavill, 34, The Flash is Ezra Miller, 24, Aquaman is Jason Momoa, 37, and Wonder Woman is 32-year-old Gal Gadot.) And a second Justice League movie would be years down the road. THR reported Thursday that Shazam!, with a yet-to-be-cast title star, will be the next DC movie to shoot.

>Of course, Batman transitions have happened before. Starting in 1989, Warners has made films with Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale and Affleck. As a source with ties to the situation observes, there is precedent in the Batman comics for Bruce Wayne handing off the mantle to others, and even for two different Batmen cleaning up the streets of Gotham simultaneously.
>>
>>94040370
AND WONDER WOMAN PRODUCTION IS A MESS!
>>
>>94040395
>The landmark 1993 Knightfall storyline left Wayne temporarily paralyzed, leading him to appoint a vigilante called Azrael as his Batman replacement. When Azrael went rogue, Wayne came out of retirement to stop him and then swiftly retired once more, appointing Dick Grayson (AKA Robin) as the new Batman. That was so successful that when Wayne was assumed dead in 2009, Grayson took on the cowl for a second time. (Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises even went this route, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's John Blake getting the keys to the Batcave after Bale's Bruce Wayne was presumed dead.)

>In the comics, Grayson stayed on as Batman even when Wayne returned to work as The Dark Knight, with the two different Batmen splitting appearances between the various comic books. Bruce Wayne took Batman Inc. and Batman and Robin, while Grayson's stories ran in Batman and Detective Comics. Grayson also appeared monthly in the Justice League of America series during this period, arguably making him the more high-profile of the two characters.

>Warner Bros. could even go with the Batman Beyond approach. The fan-favorite animated series (1999-2001) saw an elderly Bruce Wayne train a young man called Terry McGinnis as his apprentice, with Wayne teaching him to take over the role as Batman. Of course, there's a downside to the passing-the-torch scenarios: It's hard to imagine fans or Reeves being excited about following someone who is not Bruce Wayne for a Batman trilogy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-afflecks-batman-future-doubt-as-warner-bros-plots-franchise-future-1023296
>>
Another step closer to the DCEU crashing and burning...
>>
>>94040370
>look what happened with Spider-Man, successfully rebooted with 21-year-old Tom Holland

THR outing themselves as brainless.
>>
>>94040406

>AND WONDER WOMAN PRODUCTION IS A MESS!

>implying that third act fight wasn't a clear post-hoc addition to fit with the DCEU aesthetic of a bad God of War cutscene

You can see the exact second the movie goes from pretty damn good to DCEU trash.
>>
>>94040406
Comparing
>Sasha Perl-Raver of the #SchmoesKnow podcast, her DC insider and friend said that she was able to get a first hand look at Princess Diana's upcoming movie. Long story short, Wonder Woman is (apparently) another DC disaster waiting to happen.

to a major Hollywood trade.
>>
File: 1435162873758.png (353KB, 850x455px) Image search: [Google]
1435162873758.png
353KB, 850x455px
I'm really wondering how Ben's doing lately.
>>
File: batman.jpg (40KB, 750x749px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
40KB, 750x749px
>>94040370
>>In addition, Affleck will turn 45 in August, so he would be pushing 50 before The Batman arrives in theaters. If Reeves makes a trilogy, Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.

Don't you dare recast him. What the fuck.
>>
I'd actually be cool with Affleck being Batman for the MoS-BvS-JL series and going with a new, younger Batman around Cavill and Gadot's ages for subsequent films. It'd be a nice way to close out Affleck's Batman and let the guy have some personal time to get his life in order with his divorce and new girlfriend.
>>
>>94040572

>Live By Night bombed and panned

>Straddled to the DCEU and having so many issues with them that you step down as director

tossed salad and scrambled eggs
>>
>>94040606
This.
It'll also make ignoring the Snyder trilogy as canon that much easier.
>>
>>94040370
Have Bruce retire and support the League. Bring in Dick and have him wear the cowl. Or at worst Azrael or Lucius' son.
>>
I love Ben as Batman but i always thought it was a mistake to cast an old as fuck batman in shared universe setting. Hes expected to be in all these movies and hes old as fuck.
>>
File: yes.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
yes.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>Exactly when and how that might happen has yet to be determined, but it would be wise to bet against Affleck starring in The Batman.

Holy shit. Is Snyder fucking off? Is there hope for the future?
>>
>>94040588
I love how they basically just say "He's 45 now, so Batman can't possibly be made in 5 years, so he'll basically be 50 when that comes out and they want to do a trilogy."

Realistically 2 of 3 movies in a trilogy could be out by the time he's 50. Which perfectly sets up for a knightfall third installment (or even to end the second with him returning to beat Az at the end of 3) for one more triumphant moment. Then his wounds have caught up to him and he must train a successor. Which, if they have a Robin (IT BETTER BE FUCKING DICK), he could easily be amalgamated with Terry's story to create the next Bat.

But this is the same article that used Holland as a symbol of successful casting returns at the BO.
>>
iron man is 52 and has like 16 more MCU movies to be in.

>implying old batman isn't a thing
>>
>>94040395
>Joss Whedon, is said to be doing extensive reshoots
But that's wrong.
>>
>>94040370
Gotta love a source that says Affleck - who has made no indication he'll retire from the role - is aching to get out of it, but RDJ - who constantly talks about wanting to retire - is 'going strong' as Iron Man.
>>
I doubt Affleck will drop out before "The Batman", but afterwards I could see him being gone.
>>
>>94040742
Literally almost everything in this article is bullshit or an assumption the likes of which I would expect to read on /co/. Not a site which seems to consider itself to be "serious".
>>
He is not going anywhere. He is a huge Batman fan, everybody loves his Batman/Bruce and they hired Matt Reeves for wrting and directing.
>>
>>94040465
Normies love holland as Spidey, is just 4chan that hates the new movie
>>
>>94040653
kek this 100%
>>
>>94040791
>Affleck - who has made no indication he'll retire from the role

Grow up anon. This is Hollywood, look at what people do not what they say.
>>
>>94040370
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

PAJEET SYNDERFAGS BTFO!!!
>>
>5 years into the DCEU and there still isn't a Batman movie

What the fuck
>>
>>94040606
only if the new batman is Dick or Terry.
>>
>>94040824

Not really m8. Homecoming has been a modest success by MCU standards. Spider-Man is the face of the Marvel Universe and by normie standards he's nowhere close to RDJ Stark or Evans Cap.

Larson's Captain Marvel will get a harder push I'm betting.
>>
>>94040742
It isn't, bro.
>>
>>94040791
>RDJ constantly talks about wanting to retire

Wrong.
>>
>>94040406
Not saying it must've been true, but it wouldn't be the first time a good movie came out of a troubled production. Iron Man literally didn't have a finalized script during photography and many scenes had to be improvised by RDJ and the others, not to mention some producers panicking because they feared his fallen-star status would affect the movie; Rhodes' first actor was picked because they thought he would be the one to attract the public (which is why in the sequel he expected to get paid more than the lead)
>>
>>94040884
In current Marvel and the MCU Iron Man is the face of Marvel.

Spiderman hasn't filled that role in a decade

The movie didn't bomb, the critis and normies loved it, but it was never gonna pull a billion, we're not talking about the Avengers, that's like saying people hate Antman and Hulk just because their characters don't sell as much as Iron Man and Captain America anymore
>>
>>94040884
Every review I've read or seen, even if it bashes the movie, the one thing in common is that they ALL loved Holland as Spidey. Only trolling contrarians don't.

This really isn't up to debate.
>>
>>94040433
HOW MANY MORE STEPS IS THIS GONNA TAKE?!

WHY CAN'T IT JUST END IN NOVEMBER LIKE IT SHOULD
>>
>>94040880
What if the new Batman came to a showdown between Terry and Damian? An older Damian of course.
>>
>>94040791
Chris Evans is the one that wants to retire. RDJ loves playing Iron Man. He lobbied hard and won to get bigger roles in Civil War and Homecoming.
>>
>>94040824
I can't prove or disprove that. And you can't either. We'd both end up posting unverifiable social media screen shots.

What we can look at is performance. The statement Ms. Masters made was in reference to Holland being a boon for them. And it wasn't. It was at best a push, more cynically a failure. They expected a massive draw and the haven't gotten it.

>>94040896
Prove it. Shouldn't be difficult.
>>
>>94040884
>Homecoming has been a modest success by MCU standards.

$485 million worldwide after two weeks and without China and Japan is pretty above average. People did cool themselves into believing it'd make $500 million on the first weekend and shit, but it's performing solid given the reboot fatigue.
>>
File: DShit reboot.png (571KB, 595x648px) Image search: [Google]
DShit reboot.png
571KB, 595x648px
>>94040876
2 more and there won't be an DCEU

hopefully
>>
>>94041008
no.

it has to be Dick or Terry.
>>
>>94040965
>Isn't up for debate because I say so

Okay, little boy.

>>94040971
Many more. Because JL is going to do well. Which I can't wait to see your response to. I'm assuming, already, it'll be added to the group of screenshots I have ready to post when it comes out.
>>
These guys are absolutely retarded. They let Snyder run with his "vision" in the beginning when the foundation of cinematic universe were formulated and now they see all these problems?
>>
I said this since Ben Affleck was cast as Batman.

Why the fuck do you want an old Batman when the Justice League is BARELY happening? It doesn't make sense! We want our heroes to be together for a long time, but now since Batman is freaking old he is already out the door. There can be no JL without Batman just like there can be no JL without Superman or Wonder Woman etc.

This was a retarded creative decision by Warner Bros.
>>
>>94041134
List the problems from the green text above attributable to Snyder.
>>
>>94041076
The Flash movie should be a pseudo Flashpoint adaptation. They could fix a lot of things.
>>
>>94041175
It wouldn't surprise me if it is.
>>
>>94040370
>In addition, Affleck will turn 45 in August, so he would be pushing 50 before The Batman arrives in theaters. If Reeves makes a trilogy, Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.
what are stunt doubles?
>>
>>94040370
>Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role.
>But

stopped reading there
>>
>>94041108
>Okay, little boy.
>>94041108
>it'll be added to the group of screenshots I have ready to post when it comes out.
How mature of you
>>
D I C K B A T 'S
Throw in Damian to have a mini Bruce
>>
File: DC is DEAD.png (309KB, 687x491px) Image search: [Google]
DC is DEAD.png
309KB, 687x491px
Just gets worse and worse for you DC retards
>>
File: king arthur.jpg (667KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
king arthur.jpg
667KB, 1500x1500px
>>94040474
It feels like a lot of movies are doing that nowadays. Like it's become obligatory to include a dramatic battle against a CGI monster even if it has absolutely no place in the movie. Pic related
>>
File: wl83HDb.jpg (45KB, 350x513px) Image search: [Google]
wl83HDb.jpg
45KB, 350x513px
>>94040791
>>94041020
>RDJ loves playing Iron Man. He lobbied hard and won to get bigger roles in Civil War and Homecoming.
Man, I can never wrap my head around that. Imagine hitting the jackpot like that, hey you're going to be paid literal BILLIONS to act like yourself for a little while ever 1-2 years for the next decade or so. You don't even need to work out much.

Do you think RDJ is sick of playing him? Like yeah I have the feeling it's an sorta easy gig for him, but at the same time he might not be able to expand out to new roles without fear of being stuck as a typecast.

I assume it's different for Huge Jackedman but he had to go through hell everytime to get his body fit and he was exhausted from the role.
>>
>>94041312
Forc real? What kind of monster
>>
File: shots fired.jpg (68KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
shots fired.jpg
68KB, 800x450px
>>94040370
>Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.
>>
>>94041257
Never claimed I was being mature, just that you were acting like a child.

I'm guessing you were the genius behind both of those comments since you replied to both halves of my reply separately.

In that case what the fuck does the opinion of someone who classifies Holland as successful matter?
>>
>>94041348
Jude Law turns into an edgy video game boss in the last 10 minutes. Gray skin, skull helmet, flames trailing off his cape, etc.
>>
>>94041297
>don't have a garbage WWF wrestler "acting" in Shazam
>worse

Fucking christ you anti-DC people are crazy. Would losing Will Smith as Deadshot have been a problem too for you?
>>
>>94041297
That sucks but at the same time, would that have been such a good thing?

/co/ and casuals would generalize Adam as another "le hero fights a villain with the same powerset cliche" AGAIN.
>>
>>94041312

> Like it's become obligatory to include a dramatic battle against a CGI monster even if it has absolutely no place in the movie. Pic related

At least that movie set up the creature in the first act, and the movie had a dark/dirty enough look that it kind of fit in a world of giant bats and Celtic war elephants the size of battleships.

>>94041348

Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer.

Not memeing, it's close enough that they must have paid off Frank because he could have sued otherwise.
>>
>>94041312
Why does Hollywood keep pushing Charlie Hunnam? He's a charisma vacuum. There's a reason he got replaced in Pacific Rim 2 and why all of his other movies have bombed. Him and Dane Dehann can fuck off.
>>
>>94041297
we'll never have Shazam Cena fighting Black Rock.
>>
>>94041356
>Never claimed I was being mature, just that you were acting like a child.
Sure
>>94041356
>I'm guessing you were the genius behind both of those comments since you replied to both halves of my reply separately.
Nop
>>94041356
>In that case what the fuck does the opinion of someone who classifies Holland as successful matter?
Okay, little boy.
>>
File: IMG_3438.jpg (128KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3438.jpg
128KB, 250x323px
>>94041297
He's still attached to play Black Adam so we can eliminate that character from appearing in Shazam.

I hope that means we're getting Dr. Sivana instead
>>
>>94041525
>I hope that means we're getting Dr. Sivana instead
Who the fuck else
>>
>>94041175
Been saying they should do it since BvS.
>>
>>94040791
I think RDJ is done with the solo movies and he's more than happy to be in smaller roles like in Spider-Man.
>>
>>94041108
>picking obvious troll falseflag to screenshots

Exactly what I expected from your kind of autism. I bet that you think that BvS is at leat a decent movie.
>>
>>94041443
He really is terrible.
>>
>>94041442
did they finally make Arthur Welsh in the latest king arthur movie?
>>
>>94041297
The problem i see here is that WB jumped the gun and announced too many movies and details like what actors would lead without actually knowing when or whether they were gonna happen

Not saying they should slow down productions, but announcements, they shouldn't be made until things are clear enough for the people involved, because then you look like a fool when you have to make a dozen statements about how the Rock isn't actually Black Adam, Cyborg isn't actually getting a solo, Deathstroke isn't actually the Batman's villain etc.
>>
They brought this upon themselves. They should never have let Snyder run this franchise to the ground.
>>
>>94041076
>>94041175
>>94041562
>Flashpoint in the DCEU
I fucking hope so.

If Fox could do it with DoFP, so can DC.
>>
>>94040824
>Normies love holland as Spidey

Your other two responders are correct. The fact that Spiderman started with $20M more dollars and ticket sales than WW and is barely keeping up means that AND the evidence of the drops, as well as it's parity with TASM (in almost everything except reviews):

(a) word of mouth was not as good;
(b) repeat viewing is less

Both of these are CLEAR and OBVIOUS EVIDENCE that 'normies' are not "lov[ing]' Holland, at least not with their butts in seats and movie ticket dollars as much as they loved either Raimi #1, or the well received MCU origin movies.

Homecoming is doing better than Thor, Antman and either Hulk, but it's not improving upon Dr. Strange (which is bad, considering we're talking Spider-Man).
>>
>>94041443

>Why does Hollywood keep pushing Charlie Hunnam? He's a charisma vacuum

He's actually pretty good in this

And I say that as someone who dislikes him to the point that I can't watch Sons of Anarchy due to how much of a charisma vacuum he normally is.

>>94041605

>expecting a Guy Ritchie movie to star anything other then a gud London boi who dundu nuffin m8
>>
>>94041297
Makes sense to me, he shouldn't be the first Shazam villain.

Also deconfirms Curse of Shazam! Adaptation
>>
>>94041639
>If Fox could do it with DoFP, so can DC.
Even though Fox squandered the fuck out the the reboot the provided for themselves.
>>
>>94041605
Nope, Londoner.
>>
>>94041667
Doesn't it also deconfirm Superman/Shazam Thunder?
>>
>>94041667
>shouldn't be

Why not?
He's tied to the backstory.
>>
>>94041649
That's literally just wishful thinking, the fact that it's not the hit of the summer does not imply the lead actor was disliked or even hated
>>
>>94041312
Is it just me, or was this two wildly different movies smashed together for no apparent reason? Like someone took a mediocre Guy Ritchie movie and mixed it with a horrifically bad generic fantasy movie.
>>
I always thought this would be the case after his one solo movie, he'd just transition into the background while nightwing replaced him since he has his own movie in the works along with batgirl.

It'd be a shame if he doesn't do the solo movie though, I like batfleck.
>>
>>94041552
>Seven Deadly Enemies of Man
>Mr. Mind and the Monster Society
>Blaze and Satanus

I know it will probably be Sivana but there are other enemies of Captain Marvel.
>>
>source is Kevin Faggy
>>
>>94041465
Real easy way to prove that second point faggot.
>>
>>94041679
True, it became a fucking mess again.

But honestly in 2014 when it came out, I remember walking out of the theatre full of hope and excitement to see where they were going to take this (reboot/retcon?) clean slate, you know?
>>
>>94041802
>using Mr. Mind in the first movie
>>
>>94041763

I dunno, the Ritchie-isms were some of the ebst parts.

>relegating his childhood and the training to a Richie quick-cut flurry montage
>>
>>94041833
>I remember walking out of the theatre full of hope and excitement to see where they were going to take this (reboot/retcon?) clean slate, you know?
100% IKTF, breh.
>>
>>94041339
Are those shoes real? Wow RJ really has a lot of confidence to go around wearing those. Props to the guy
>>
>>94041830
Please do.
>>
>>94041525
aren't they getting a little ahead of themselves? An unproven IP and they are going full on trilogy and spinoff?
>>
>>94041297
Just you wait till tomorrow, Marvelfag, you'll be sorry
>>
File: msg-13669208029.jpg (73KB, 450x681px) Image search: [Google]
msg-13669208029.jpg
73KB, 450x681px
>>94042002
>Are those shoes real?
oh yeah
>>
>>94042039
>aren't they getting a little ahead of themselves?

Welcome to Warner Bros.

The very first Flash movie is apparently already tackling Flashpoint.
>>
>>94042047
>you'll be sorry
yeah I'll be sorry

sorry for you morons who wasted your time on this pile of shit

every single thing these retards will announce will be forgotten a few hours later when we announce things people ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT

but hey at least you have Shazam so it's 3 movies before DC dies instead of just 2
>>
>>94042039
Definitely, I would've preferred the Rock being Black Adam in the Shazam movie but for some reason they really want a solo Black Adam that explains his origin.

The Rock clearly loves the character given long he's been attached to portray him, they just do it already.
>>
File: Captain_Nippon.png (259KB, 316x317px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Nippon.png
259KB, 316x317px
>>94041552
>>
>>94042083
>The very first Flash movie is apparently already tackling Flashpoint.

Lies
>>
>>94040736
Naw, RDJ's contract is up after IW. And he's been Iron Man for almost a decade by now.
>>
>>94042162
Yup. Giving Black Adam his own movie is in my opinion a terrible idea and not having him in the Shazam movie won't help it's box office.
>>
>>94042229
>>94041076
>>
File: black adam face.jpg (170KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
black adam face.jpg
170KB, 1280x1024px
>>94042211
>>
>>94042039
That'd actually have been a good thing for them, all they have is a list of things they want but there's nothing concrete. Literally the only thing we know of the DCEU is that there's a Justice League movie that's in post and Aquaman currently shooting. There's over a year between JL and Aquaman, then there's literally nothing confirmed for 2019 and there's 2 dates reserved in 2020.
>>
>>94042243
>And he will have been Iron Man for almost a decade by then.
FTFY
>>
>>94042298
remember that time mayimbe claimed that deadpool would be in logan then both actors took a shit on him on twitter
>>
>>94042243
All contracts run out. It ran out after IM3 already. Holland's runs out after Avengers 4 and we already know the Spider-Man sequel is after that. The question is wether he wants to renew it or not

>>94042229
The show did it already. Time-traveling shenanigans have stained Flash forever
>>
>>94042034
>still doesn't post the screen shot
>>
File: who is the real Ant Man.jpg (166KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
who is the real Ant Man.jpg
166KB, 500x641px
>>94042002
RDJ is kind of a small guy. He wears platforms when portraying Tony Stark.
>>
>>94042357
Gonzalez is usually on the money about DC-related scoops and he shills for them often.
>>
>>94042379
So you can cry it's shooped? I'm done trying to argue with your immature ass.
>>
>>94041020
He just recently did an interview talking about retiring for the whole thing gets embarrassing for him. He's been talking about retirement since Iron Man 2.
>>
>>94042528
Okay little boy.
>>
File: Robert_Downey_Jr_Shoes.jpg (121KB, 571x852px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Downey_Jr_Shoes.jpg
121KB, 571x852px
>>94042451
>He wears platforms ALL THE TIME.
fixed
>>
>>94042451
Yeah i know but what he is using here >>94041339 is too much. He obviously knows everyone already noticed but he doesn't care. He has the same height as Hawkeye and Banner. Oh and Steve is using them too
>>
>>94042600
Red carpet events are also part of his 'portraying Tony Stark' gig.
>>
File: 2314341132.gif (636KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
2314341132.gif
636KB, 245x220px
>>94042654
>He has the same height as Hawkeye and Banner
Yeah, but Iron Man isn't allowed to be shorter than his girlfriend (Paltrow is a tower of a woman)

I always thought it was a shame they didn't make the lifts canon to MCU Tony, it's such a fitting character trait. .
>>
>>94040370

WHAT HAVE I BECOME
>>
>>94040370
>spiderman underperforming
>it could not get release in china aka flopping
>people laughing at shithumans
>BOYOHBOY TOTES LEGIT WB EX-EMPLOYEE MR FAKENEWSBERG HAS JUICY NEWS FOR YA!
Hmmm...
>>
>>94040370
DC is finally dead

As if this day couldn't get any better
>>
>>94042853
>it could not get release in china aka flopping

It is being released in China.
>>
>>94042925
When?

Not that anon but isn't China not allowing foreign (maybe just Hollywood) releases in the Summer months?
>>
>>94040406
This
/thread.
>>
>125 posts
>45 IPs
Let me guess, DC is over, WB faked the Wonder Woman box office and she didn't BTFO most of the MCU, Suicide Squad flopped despite doing better than a bunch of Marvel movies that didn't flop, oscars are shit but rotten tomatoes are the voice of god except when it's not and shit like that.

How did I do?
>>
>>94043084
>How did I do?
Pretty damn far. Most of the discussion has been pretty civil.
>>
>>94042962
September or October, I think.

It also hasn't come out in Japan where Spider-Man and Iron Man are huge draws.
>>
>>94043024
See
>>94040483
>>
>>94040880
>Terry

pls leave
>>
>>94043152
>anonymous source
Same shit. These guys said Suicide Squad needed $800M to break even and then it was confirmed to be bullshit. They'll have to change Batman someday but Reeves and WB have been clear on Affleck being Batman in their movie
>>
>>94043190
Not him but if it isn't Dick it damn well better be the Batman Beyond route.

I'm mad enough we don't know if there's a grayson but we know there's a dead jason todd.
>>
>>94043084

Actually you're pretty much the biggest shitposter in the thread so how about killing yourself
>>
>>94042002
He wears them because he has no confidence, not because he has any.
>>
>>94040674
>approaching 50
>old as fuck

Do you know how I can tell you are either under age or clearly remember your first beer?
>>
File: Harley v Joker Dawn of Puddin.png (407KB, 603x598px) Image search: [Google]
Harley v Joker Dawn of Puddin.png
407KB, 603x598px
WELCOME TO THE HQCU
>>
>>94042039
Thats what Sony has planned for The Dark Tower too. Franchise and a tv spinoff.
>>
>>94040721

I have been suspecting that, should the DCEU do well enough (and thanks to WW, it's at least bought itself another three or four films), Afleck's age would become an issue. I mean, not yet, fuck, I want to see 60 year old Batfleck developing his DCAU heart issues.

Then they either go Dickbats, or do a DKR3 and have Superman (or Wonder Woman) drop a dying Bruce into a lazarous pit.

I mean, that's actually best end for a trinity focused setting anyway. No way would Clark and Diana let their Bruce die old and bitter, leaving the world without The Batman.
>>
>>94043565
Ayyy WB finally is realizing Harley/Ivy is God's path
>>
>>94043468
Yeah but you need to have balls to wear them when you know everyone knows about your secret
>>
>>94043487
Stay mad grandpa
>>
>>94043277
>Same shit
Except for the fact THR's sources are always correct yeah they're pretty much the same....
>>
>>94043586
I get the lazarus idea, and I like it to a point, but that leaves them with the difficulty of either trying to cast someone that looks like Ben or just having the audience bitch about the difference for a movie before getting over it.

Though Cavill and Gadot aren't going to be able to do this for more than 8 years looking the way they do. oddly enough Batfleck being old would at least be something you could plot. Two nigh immortal (in terms of age at least) beings aging visibly could be tough to write away with throwaway dialogue.
>>
>>94043731
People think "an anonymous source" means the publication doesn't know who they are, rather than them protecting their sources.
>>
>>94043731
>Except for the fact THR's sources are always correct
LOL
>>
>>94041173
Using the dark knight returns, which is a possible ending story, as the starting point for a connected universe. Next question
>>
>>94041175
Snyder fags will claim it was the plan the whole time...
>>
>>94040425
GIMME DAT McGUINNESS AND JUSTICE LORDS
>>
Best part about this is that when Affleck confirms that he'll do Batman as we all know he will because he has nothing else going on, /co/ will deny everything said in this thread. It's like looking at the Wonder Woman disaster from the sweet months before it happened
>>
>>94040791
Ever notice how every time something big happens they go back to "Affleck is leaving!" panic mode? Didn't this happens last year too? I wonder if that was before Comic Con as well.
>>
>>94044327
I think the last year's pre Comic Con fake news was James Wan dropping out, I could be wrong though
>>
>>94041297
>Black Adam origin
>Shazam origin
>Shazam vs. Black Adam

But wait the same people who said "BvS was rushed" are going to complain that they took too long for this one, right? Typical.
>>
>>94043084
>Oscar for make up means the movie was good
>>
>>94044118
>Taking an hour and fourty two minutes to think of a way to say "all of it".

You sure you're ready for the "next question" (note: there was no first question) or do you need some rest before exerting that much effort again?
>>
>>94044327
They always do this when DC has something coming out. Just earlier this week they ran a story about him being homophobic because of something 20 years that Kevin Smaith said he said.
>>
>>94044574
>>94044400
>>94044327
And all they had to do was set up a few thousand social media zombie accounts to comment about DC fans being crazy for thinking the coverage is at least conscious if not coordinated.

Costs a couple grand at most.
>>
>>94043720
>implying I'm not 29, but just tired of this meme that anyone over the age of 40 suddenly becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>94043823

Eh, I reckon both can pull off another decade, maybe even fifteen years, with work and hours in makeup. And it's not like they won't just pull a Flashpoint eventually. Odds are cape flicks will have been run well into the ground by then anyway. Even releasing slower than MCU flicks, we'll still be on like MoS4, WW6, and JL5
>>
>>94044452
Good God you people are detestable. I can't wait to watch you cry when this finishes crashing and burning
>>
>>94041443
He's hot
>>
>>94041443
Not sure about him but I read something that explained that Dane Dehaan is basically a trust fund kiddy who gets his roles because money and connections
>>
>>94040370
>Introduce an older Batman that has 10+ years of unshown history
>Throw him the fuck out 3 movies in
Brava Dc, brava.
>>
>>94045668
Like Kate Mara? Or Amy Schumer? Or Anderson Cooper? Or almost any celebrity or person on television in the last 50 years? Even athletes are plants.
>>
>>94040370
Yessss....That's it, Warner Bros.. Bring the DCEU closer to ruin.
>>
>>94040370
lol
>>
>>94041552
>>
>>94041442
Frazetta is dead, anon
>>
>>94041175
Also get Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan back before they're too old.

Fuck it, Cohan would be the best Joker in the DCEU by default
>>
This has as much chance of being true as the "Wonder Woman is totally a mess guys!" bullshit.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.