[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when /co/ was under the idea this was gonna be good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 61040._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (43KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
61040._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
43KB, 360x360px
Remember when /co/ was under the idea this was gonna be good and that would save Johns run?

How can anyone have high hopes for doomsday clock when. We already know Johns can't handle the justice league and that the whole thing is just a corporate mandate? He fucked up with the new gods and the JL, how can you believe he can handle watchmen?
>>
>>94037911
>>
>>94037911
Man was that decompressed garbage.

I'm hoping Doomsday Clock is better paced.
>>
well he's had a more than a year break from comics to plan out and make this story one of his best. He generally has had a decent handle on event comics. yes darkseid war and forever evil weren't that great, but Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night were all entertaining when they were coming out. I attribute the problem of the first two to the fact that his justice league run was rather directionless and seemingly cut short (the evidence is there: dropped storylines [especially in the lex luthor portion] planned for a lengthier run, character setups that only somewhat played out, etc. I think helping set up the tv shows at the time hindered his ability to write comics

I have faith simply because he has time to craft something again and to put his johnsian spin on things. The man has a deep love for all of DC, which is why he's in the position he's in
>>
>>94038458
He had 4 years to plan Darkseid war and 11 issues.
>>
>>94038891
I doubt it was in planning stages right from the beginning of his run
>>
>>94038458

Johns with time isn't any better than Johns on a deadline. Flash Rebirth and Green Lantern Rebirth (the arcs that brought back Barry and Hal) are perfect example of that.

Even if you want to argue that it's not the Cereal King's fault that he seeded things that "corporate" or "suits" or "editorial" set aside (or whatever type of apologist Johns position you want to take), if he didn't have a conversation with the editors of the ongoings or with the EIC or the publishers about this (and/or the editors of the GL and Flash series didn't discuss it with him), that points to problems with Johns (who should know better) and to what most of us already know are some issues between the direct editors of series, the group editorial people and the EIC of DC.

Nevertheless, since 2011, Johns has been part of the corporate administration at DC and has had enough sway (especially since the current Rebirth initiative) to push forth and/or defend his visions and it still comes to a lot of garbage that ends up not changing anything.
>>
>>94037911
Doomsday Clock is just Superman and Manhattan, though
>>
Why didn't they try to get Dave Gibbons on art for Doomsday Clock? Gibbons probably would have done it. Him being apart of it would have instilled more hope and excitement into the series. Gary Frank is great but seeing Gibbsons on a big character book again would have been boss.
>>
>>94040984
Compare pax Americana. There you had a while deal with the grid and was putting watchmen ideas on movement. For Johns and his team it's just 3x3, it's superficial.
>>
>>94040984
has Gibbons even done anything since The Secret Service? He might be retired, he's getting up there in years.
>>
>>94040984
>>94041095
>>94041275

Isn't Gibbons the one who complained most apparently about the Before Watchman stuff? Didn't he also say something about working with DC in the future (that he wouldn't)?
>>
>>94041275
I remember he did some action comics covers a couple years ago, he also did fill in art one a couple issues of Green Lantern during Sinestro Corps War. Plus I don't think he minds doing more Watchmen stuff. He was hanging out on the set of the movie and seemed very enthusiastic about it.
>>
>>94042928
>SCW
that was 10 years ago
>>
>>94042928
Sure with Gaiman or Morrison or anyone on that level, not with fucking Johns. I have no issue with watchmen stories, and most people that hate this shit don't have a problem either, the problem is that Johns isn't someone that had the talent or intelligence to justify the use of the characters.
>>
>>94037911
We actually thought it was going to be bad, then thought it was turning out way better than expected, then realized we were right all along that it was going to be bad.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.