[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/21/ bleedingcool-archie-comi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 382498237928472.jpg (159KB, 859x633px) Image search: [Google]
382498237928472.jpg
159KB, 859x633px
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/21/bleedingcool-archie-comics-wont-show-face-at-sdcc-after-public-breakup-with-sega/

How does this story keep getting better?
Archie is a fucking laughing stock.
>>
>>94032049
>Riverdale a gigantic success
>archie a laughinstock
??
>>
>>94032049

They know they don't have long left
>>
All that would happen if they went is wave after wave of Sanic spergs begging or threatening them to somehow change Sega's mind.

You can't pay someone enough to put up with that shit.
>>
>>94032049
>Lost a lawsuit to literal man-child
>>
>>94032049
So why did Sega break up with Archie?
>>
>>94032137
They kept losing lawsuits to an autist. And then that autist told his friend to sue Archie/SEGA. SEGA got fed up with Archie and their lawsuits and pulled the license.
>>
File: IMG_3984.jpg (42KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3984.jpg
42KB, 290x200px
>>94032049
I was the glue between them lol buy my comics
>>
>Archie sinks a ton of money into scooping up mainstream talent for the New Riverdale reboot
>launches a kickstarter because oh shit we don't have the money to do this on our own
>cancel the kickstarter after massive backlash
>cancel Mega Man
>cancel Jughead
>pull a lame publicity stunt to try to get people to read the flagship Archie book (which didn't even make news in the mainstream comics press)
>Sega breaks up with Archie while Archie buries its head in the sand
>the flagship Archie book isn't even solicited for the month of October
>all the while mired in years of legal trouble thanks to their own incompetence concerning work-fore-hire contracts

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>94032049
Sega are still a thing?
>>
>>94032303
Who was the autist?
>>
>>94032444
Penders
>>
>>94032390
>>94032049
How long til IDW or someone else buys them out?
>>
>>94032303
how poorly drawn up were those contracts?
>>
>>94032058
>Riverdale a gigantic success

It's not the worst-rated show on the CW, that's about it.
>>
File: cheryl stretch.webm (2MB, 1350x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cheryl stretch.webm
2MB, 1350x1080px
>>94032578
Compared with the comics, that's a gigantic success.
>>
>>94032468
What's he suing them for? And how is he winning?
>>
>>94032689
His OC donuts of steel, yes those contracts were very poorly made
>>
Waid literately killed Archie comics
>>
>>94032728
Based
>>
>>94032575
The contracts were legit lost in a fire. Archie lost the lawsuit because the court wouldn't accept a photocopy.
>>
>>94033039
that's bullshit.
>>
>>94033062
have fun telling a judge that some day
>>
Yeah but Riverdale is tight though.
>>
>>94033797
Riverdale is for teenage girls and homosexuals.

Which one are you?
>>
>>94032638
wow
>>
>>94032638
The Marvel movies may be a bigger success (by a lot), but at least Marvel still publishes comics.
Archie meanwhile is cancelling damn near everything that isn't Archie and Riverdale.
>>
>>94032728
if only he could do the same with marvel
>>
>>94032126
this

having several dozen autists in blue body-paint screaming at you doesn't sound like fun
they'll wait till next year when those freaks are distracted by something else like sonic boom's leg colour or some shit
>>
>>94032049
>Penders thinks Sega and Archie will even reprint the works he sued over.

>He thinks he didn't burn any bridges because "I don't have hard feelings."

How the fuck do you get that delusional?
>>
>>94034178
>>94032126
>Sonic fans will be pissed at them
So? It's Archie's dumbass decision making that killed the comic in the first place
>>
>>94032049
I don't think losing a couple of die-hard autists would do much to Archie right now. Plus it was totally incompatible with their new focus.
>>
>>94034248
To be fair, it's not like Archie's in a position where they can afford to lose anyone willing to spend money on them.
>>
>>94032575
As bad as Penders draws.
>>
>>94032512
>DC buys them
>we get the Dark Circle characters back
>>
>>94033888
he has the lowest selling Avengers title since the 80s and Champions sells like shit compared to any actual successful teen team series in comic history
>>
>>94034200
Total lack of guilt.
>>
>>94032049
Fucking trash doesn't deserve to be a part of sdcc. Don't forget that if Sega didn't announce the cancellation themselves, archie would've kept quiet for the rest of the year, just so they could avoid the bad PR and people asking for refunds on their subscriptions.

>>94034200
It's been clear for a long time that Penders is genuinely autistic.
>>
>>94032390
As much as I'd like to fully blame Penders for everything bad happening to Archie, it's also Archie's fault they're down in the first place.

Let's be honest here - any competent comics publisher wouldn't hire Penders from the beginning. And even if they did, they would have stopped afterwords when seeing what he was doing.

Also, I still believe that Archie could have made a Sega/Capcom Presents... monthly with stories from all different games and it would have done well.
>>
>>94034680
Do you figure he's like, patient zero for the Sonic related autism epidemic?
>>
>>94032049
And what Penders is doing with his victory is just confusing. Like how does a professional adult even do that?
>>
File: the death pender.jpg (144KB, 800x1226px) Image search: [Google]
the death pender.jpg
144KB, 800x1226px
>>94034870
Archie is just as much to blame. This whole thing has shown just how incompetent they are.

>>94034889
If you think about it like that, it's possible. He's definitely the one that's had the single biggest impact on the entire franchise, unfortunately.
>>
>>94033824
a teenage homosexual
>>
>>94034400
but that has only helped murder some legacy characters and make some see the light of how horrible its trying to make everything ms marvel.

at the price of murdering ms marvel!
which sucks.
>>
File: PendersVSArchie&Sega.png (18KB, 963x417px) Image search: [Google]
PendersVSArchie&Sega.png
18KB, 963x417px
>>94032689
>>
>>94033878
>Marvel still publishes comics
is that what you call them?
>>
>>94032390
>pull a lame publicity stunt to try to get people to read the flagship Archie book
What did they do?
>>
>>94035046
you should kill yourself
>>
>>94032578
It's floating on Netflixbux since it's an international hit. I wouldn't be surprised if it moves to Netflix after this season since it's one of the CW's lowest rated shows
>>
>>94035022
>>professional
>>adult
Penders is neither of those
>>
>>94036186
It's still aimed at teenagers, so I doubt it
>>
>>94034248
>Their new focus.
Failing?
>>
>>94035988
How can you legally own something derivative?

if I make a pone in the pone universe it's not mine.
>>
>>94034870
Archie were not in the wrong at all for keeping a cheap no-name who writes AND draws doing their shitty licensed kids comic that people buy primarily for the license.

Everyone knows Penders is weird now, but back when he was doing the comic, nobody gave a shit. The people who actually bought Sonic comics either a) didn't care what was in it because Sonic or b) actually liked it because it appealed to their Sonic recolor-loving autistic selves.

It's not like they were getting complaints from readers or something.

The only thing they did wrong was lose the original version of the contract, and even that is kind of bullshit because they had a dated copy and major companies lose originals all the time without a problem. They got unlucky on the judge.

Penders had no legal leg to stand on and got an incredibly lucky break. The fucking Seigel and Kirby estates had more legal standing and it took them millions of dollars and multiple decades to get a cent out of Marvel/DC, yet some schlub like Penders rolled a natural 20 and got a settlement in like two years.
>>
I kind of feel bad for Archie for the whole Ken Penders thing. I hope he dies of malignant AIDS cancer.
>>
>>94037330
No, but if you are paid officially by pone company llc to create a pone in their official pone universe, your work isn't derivative since it's an official part of the original work.

Which is why 99.99999999% of the time you have to sign a contract saying anything you create for the company belongs to the company and not you.

This is completely standard practice, and Penders even signed one of those contracts, and Archie had a copy proving it, yet for some inexplicable reason the judge decided that if they could not provide the ORIGINAL copy of the contract then it didn't count.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.