[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, let's not fucking kid ourselves here. We all know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Nostalgia.jpg (82KB, 353x451px) Image search: [Google]
Nostalgia.jpg
82KB, 353x451px
Alright, let's not fucking kid ourselves here. We all know that comics are a shit art medium, with kitsch accumulating at an unprecedented rate in other art mediums (except for, maybe, movies).

Is Watchmen the Evangelion of comics? Is Watchmen comickino? Is it the apotheosis of the medium? It is impossible to surpass, literally prove me wrong.
>>
Fuck you.
>>
>>94028267
It's a reactive story about stories, anon.
The fact that comics are trash and lack respectable boundaries is their greatest strength, but suburbinites with liberal arts BAs need to gentrify everything they touch in their pathetic desire for validation.
So, yeah, it's "kino" faggot, and you're totally the smartest faggot ever for reading it and cutting through the bs of comics and seeing how awesome it is, and by extension how awesome YOU are.
You awesome faggot.
You should totally read Blankets next.
>>
>>94028461
>suburbanite
I don't know why more people have taken to using this word as an "insult." It adds nothing to your point.

>The fact that comics are trash and lack respectable boundaries is their greatest strength
I dare you to elucidate. You'll either backtrack and say you exaggerated (because you are now realizing how untenable you made your argument sound) or you'll just pull shit out of your ass.
>>
File: firefly-pics2.jpg (99KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
firefly-pics2.jpg
99KB, 500x359px
Watchmen and Evangelion are the same in the sense that they are both intensely overrated pastiches of other stories the creators love, Watchmen being the Charleston characters and Eva being Ultraman

Not that they're bad but jesus you'd think these guys never read a serious story with some thought behind it before the way they get fawned over
>>
>>94028760
i prefer stories like astro city and gurren lagann over watchmen or EVA

they seem more like celebrations rather than some cynical deconstructions, reminding us why we love these stories so much instead of just drilling in a reaction to prevailing trends
>>
File: prison-mickey.jpg (86KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
prison-mickey.jpg
86KB, 900x674px
>>94028267
At least stuff like Watchmen CAN be made for comics. Both comics and cartoons got shackled in the 50's, but only comics got unchained to produce stuff like that. There is no cartoon equivalent of Watchmen, just a bunch of equivalents of Youngblood.

Though I guess Samurai Jack would be a Dark Knight Returns equivalent...
>>
File: 1477269368485.png (250KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477269368485.png
250KB, 600x400px
It's starting to feel like 90% of /co/ posts and threads are just attempts to piss someone else off. When did /co/ get so goddamn miserable?
>>
>>94028267
>Is Watchmen the Evangelion of comics? Is Watchmen comickino? Is it the apotheosis of the medium? It is impossible to surpass, literally prove me wrong.
Prove your point first. You're just asking questions and then assuming all you asked has an affirmative answer.
>>
>>94028760
Oh look at you, how smart you are. Of course they are!

You know what? Every modern thing is a ripoff of The Odyssey and Beowulf, and King Lear, and Gilgamesh, and Chinese fables and shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.