[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are his best comics? I've only read his novels and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: warren ellis.jpg (240KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
warren ellis.jpg
240KB, 1000x1000px
what are his best comics? I've only read his novels and seen castlevania

is his current output decent?
>>
I like Transmetropolitan, never got into his cape stuff.

I prefer Millar Authority
>>
Nextwave.

And some people think some indie comic he did called "Transmetropolitan" is also good.

But yeah, Nextwave.
>>
I really liked Planetary
>>
Hellstorm was great.
>>
his run on Astonishing X-men was good if you want a cape book
>>
>>94027669
Do you like lame dialogue full of the same type edgy jokes every few panels?
Do you enjoy gore for no real story purposes?
Do you like clique plots that try too hard with the ending?
Do you like it when someone tries to 'dismantle' capeshit and try too hard to make them 'real'?

Then read anything by him.
>>
he's good at genre deconstruction and appropriating tropes but his characters all fit into 2 or 3 types
>>
Stormwatch/Authority
>>
Besides what these anons have said, I like Injection a fucking ton so far.
>>
>>94029313
I feel like Injection is super underrated and doesn't get enough love on here. It'll stand in the pantheon of his best works.

I like the headland arc the best so far, but I'm waiting for the Morel ghost hunter arc because I'm a sucker for the magic/occult/wizard character in a sea of science-y and logical characters doing his thing- thing
>>
desolation jones
>>
His Moon Knight run is the pinnacle of capekoмикc
>>
>>94027669
Nextwave

How was his James Bond stuff?
>>
Solar, Man of the Atom
>>
Yes. One of the best writers out there.

Best comics off the top of my head
Trees (not complete yet)
Transmetropolitan
Karnak
Moon Knight
Authority

Decent mentions:
Thunderbolts run
Xmen Xenogenesis
xmen anime show
Black Summer
>>
>>94029443
He is building up the hype for Robin so hard. And I feel like it will be the last or second to last arc because he's probably going to turn him into and antagonist to Maria in the next one, or so it seems to me at least. I cannor wait.

Goddamn Morrel is Constantine again, and I'm a sucker for that awful wizard.

And yes. Even if Ellis is just recycling old ideas in Intection, he's doing a damn good job at it. He's clicling all my tastes and offering a well plane, focused storyline. I wish more people were reading it.
>>
>>94030663
I hate my phone, guys. I hate it, really.
>>
>>94029825
I fucking loved his James Bond stuff. It's the way a Bond adaptation should feel: Different enough to be its own thing, but still extremely true to what makes Bond fun. Also the action is great.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.