[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you think about it Rick and Victor are almost perfect foils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: frankenhole.jpg (90KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
frankenhole.jpg
90KB, 1024x576px
When you think about it Rick and Victor are almost perfect foils of each other.
>Rick can't cure death
>Victor can cure death
>Rick has adventures throughout space
>Victor has adventures throughout time
>Rick wants to be immortal and fails at it
>Victor is immortal
>Rick lost his wife
>Victor still has his wife (kind of)
>Rick's feelings towards his kid is neutral to positive
>Victor's feelings towards his kids are neutral to negative
>Rick bugs Satan
>Victor bugs death
Since Dino and Dan are friends, and Dan even did some work on Frakenhole as voice actor, do you guys think that Dan went out of his way to try and make Rick into an almost perfect opposite of Victor? What do you guys think Rick and Morty would be like if it was made by Dino and Roiland?
>>
I should've put more buzzwords, bitched about reddit, then fabricated a story about Dan and Roiland fighting instead. Discussion threads are worth shit here.
>>
What show are you talking about you fuck nigga
>>
>>94019765
This, I don't even know what show you're talking about >>94018708

It looks neat to say the least. I'm game for a good stop motion show after seeing A Town Called Panic.
>>
>>94020743
File name.
>>
This show was fun.

Until season 2.
>>
Another interesting parallel is that while Rick has done many things in his life that culminated to his misery and depression, Victor has only done one(though permanent) thing to ensure his gloomy fate.

Rick seems to find little to no meaning for his existence, therefore acts very selfishly and actively creates contention of others for himself to basically have something to do. Meanwhile Victor's existence is virtually meaningless since he's immortal, but he still finds enjoyment in his misery because it makes people around him just as miserable.

Simply put, Rick is an active sociopath. Victor is an apathetic anarchist. Both are pretty shitty people.
>>
>>94018708
Stamatopoulos is just a strange guy , but I gota say he is original when it comes to animation.

I mean claymation and paper dolls as a story telling medium is unheard of these days. But he pulled it off both times. I miss moral orel to this day.
>>
You also forgot that Rick and Morty was meant to make fun of sci-fi tropes, while Frankenhole is meant to make fun of horror tropes. Also both shows have a recurring theme of people becoming worse of or traumatized when going to the geniuses help.

I like Victor's character a bit more, if only because the show is unapologetic of how terrible he is, but Rick and Morty basically steals the idea and refines it much more. Like people bitch about rick and Morty Season 2 not being up to par with the first season, but Jesus Christ Frankenhole took an insane nosedive out of nowhere for most of the second season.
>>
>>94018708
>Rick is crack shipped with Pearl
>Victor is crack shipped with ____

I dunno, Uncle Grandpa?
>>
>tfw Dino is done with animation because he's writing music now
>>
>>94023503
on the brightside, Dino's new comic was good
>>
>>94018708
Is this show as depressing as Moral Orel?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-20-20-30-46.png (511KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-20-20-30-46.png
511KB, 1280x720px
>>94025284
Nah Moral is depressing because the townspeople are lying to everyone including themselves; while this show is more about how their trying to fix what they think is fucked up with them all the while not seeing the real problems they have.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.