[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Steve Hillenburg is back directing SpongeBob Is the new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>Steve Hillenburg is back directing SpongeBob

Is the new season any good? Watching Code Yellow right now and it doesn't seem awful but I'm not laughing. What does /co/ think?
>>
It's good enough to make me laugh a few times, but seeing how the irreversible damage the past seasons have done to it's reputation, I think it will take a while to recover.

Keep the constant references to the older references to a very minimum, and if by god there is a miracle, Tom Kenny tones down the voice and it will be somewhat solid.
>>
>>94016301
*crap. Should be "constant references to older seasons"
>>
>>94016301
Yeah, I noticed that. Less yelling and overall the cast seemed to be smarter again. Patrick was less of an ass too in the next episode I saw.

They still have that boner for hurting Squidward though. Both episodes I watched heavily featured him getting injured, maimed, tortured, etc.
>>
>watching new spongebob
here, let me explain to you the correct way to watch spongebob:

>marathon the first 3 seasons, skipping band geeks
>watch band geeks last
>watch the 1st movie
>after the credits, go "wow, what an amazing series, it's a good thing it ended on such a high note"
>>
>>94015991
Life Insurance, minues the octopus mutilation, feels like one of the earlier Squidward episodes. It's like they went back in time to 2000, asked the early writers how to write…good, then mixed it up with what the chart says kids'll like. Not a perfect blend, and still around the same quality as S4, but I think it's perfectly fine at the mo.
>>
>>94015991
You should've watched the episode that preceded "Code Yellow" titled, "Unreal Estate".

The tone and humor was much closer to the pre-movie seasons than most current episodes.
>>
>>94015991
he's not directing, he's just a bit more involved than he was on post movie

the showrunners also changed (now it's post-movie creative director Vincent Waller and former late-post movie and uncle grandpa boarder Marc Ceccarelli), though Tibbitt's still slated to direct the third movie

the show's also changed from board-driven to script driven (outside of one confirmed upcoming episode)
>>
File: Let me see.png (398KB, 447x420px) Image search: [Google]
Let me see.png
398KB, 447x420px
>>94015991
It alright
>>
>>94016344

>They still have that boner for hurting Squidward though.

The show has always had a boner for hurting Squidward.
>>
>>94016989
I saw the ending of it. Missed the first few minutes. It was alright
>>
>>94017026
post yfw the board-driven episode is made by one of Vincent Waller's friends.

post yfw it's boarded by John K.
>>
File: 1500553027994.jpg (64KB, 500x680px)
1500553027994.jpg
64KB, 500x680px
>>94019164
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.