[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do you continue to support an industry that clearly hates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1500561540268.jpg (745KB, 1988x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1500561540268.jpg
745KB, 1988x2992px
why do you continue to support an industry that clearly hates all of its fans & needs to die?
>>
>>94010297
What exactly is mansplaining? I've been told it's explaining something off of the presumption that someone wouldn't understand it because they're a woman, but how's that any different than just being rude?

Like am I misunderstanding something or do they like to lump actual sexism up with just plain, good ol' rudeness?
>>
>>94010361
mansplaining is just... a man explaining something to a woman that she doesnt need to have explained (especially not from a MAN).

its a moronic term that only serves to discredit men in any context, and it shouldnt be common parlance at all
>>
>>94010361
Mansplaining is rude, but it's also "sexist", so that make it extra bad
Is it dumb? Of course. Welcome to le current year anon, where discussions are dumb everywhere
>>
>>94010297
I would just like to say this is the Lasso of Truth, and as Wonder Woman says it can only compel people to speak the truth. Ergo everything this guy just said was not "mansplaining" but he was simply stating fact, so he's in the right and they're in the wrong. Or are comic fans going to tell me it only makes people speak "subjective" truth and he's only saying what he believes is true.
>>
>>94010297
Lucky thing those powerful WOC were there to help punch that horrible white man.

Dopes support this because they think it makes them above it all. "It's okay ladies, I'm one of the GOOD ONES."
>>
>>94010361
Its talking without giving a woman first chance. Its assumed that you think she is stupid because she's a woman. Not because its human nature to be competitive and get the solution first. Feminism died decades ago when they got equal rights in the west.
>>
>>94010297
Dumb /pol/poster
>>
>>94010297
taste my brown fist white male!
>>
who wrote this? This isn't Rucka. He's usually more subtle.
>>
>>94010732
It's from an Sensational, an online comic with rotating writers.
>>
>>94010782
That explains a lot
>>
>>94010732
It was actually Steve Liebers wife if you can believe it.
>>
>>94010297
Because frankly, I too hate all their fans.

Seriously. Comic book fans are cancer.
>>
>>94010361
Technically, mansplaining doesn't have to be from a man to a woman. It's just explaining something in a condescending way with the pretense that they wouldn't understand it. It's mansplaining because "men do it to women all the time" but it isn't supposed to be inherently gendered and the woman who coined the term has explained this many times.

Of course, I guess that's a bit of a moot point since the fact that it's "man"splaining has led every to think that it has to be a man talking down to a woman and that might as well be the defacto definition. Funny how the meaning of words change through the power of memes. Just like cuck.
>>
>>94010297
Here's a tip for you: don't read it. This applies to all mediums - film, novels, music, etc. Things are rarely made for the sake of it but are funded by somebody and that somebody usually wants to see a return. If something sells, they will continue to produce things which mimic the core elements of it. This is how trends happen. Somebody makes a successful sci-fi film and you'll see a boom in sci-fi films. If people get tired of it and sales drop, the industry latches on to the next thing.

Sure, there are comic books with SJW undertones - if you don't like it, drop the book. If it keeps getting made then there is clearly an audience for it out there but you don't need to be one of them.
>>
>>94010361
That's what it started as, but now it is used to describe any time when a man is correct and a woman is wrong. It makes women feel smug and empowered without actually having to be correct
>>
>>94010297
Because we're not autistic enough to get this triggered off a page from a book we don't read anon. We actually enjoy comic books.
>>
>>94010509

Of course its subjective truth. Otherwise, you could lasso someone and have them divine the answer to any question for you, because any answer they give has to be factually accurate.
>>
>>94011149

Thats because if you remove the implicit sexism, the word loses all purpose. We already have a term for talking down to somelike like they are dumb, its called being Condescending.

So really, the word has no reason to exist.
>>
>>94011513
>synonyms don't exist
>>
>>94010361
Mansplaining would be like talking down to a woman when selling her a car or a television because you assume she doesn't know shit.

But progressives have re-purposed it to basically be any time a man elaborates on anything when consulting or debating a woman.
Because even if he's correct or knows more that shouldn't matter, what matters is he has a systematic advantage and he shouldn't indirectly make her feel inferior just because he's right.
>>
>>94011529

Synonyms largely happen in english as a result of us stealing equivalent words from other languages and attributing them a similar meaning but a unique connotation.

So either mansplaining == condescending, which isnt a good use of language, or mansplaining = condescension with a sexist connotation.
>>
>>94010297
I've seen this page more than any other Wonder Woman thing since the Perez years...
>>
>>94010361
https://youtu.be/TJyQpRfaGnw
>>
>>94011641
>or mansplaining = condescension with a sexist connotation

To be fair, I've met a lot of men who do this. Ironically they tend to be the kind of men who claim this sort of thing never happens.

The problem I have with the term is that it's often just used as a way to excuse ignorance and sidestep solid reasoning by invoking sexism. I don't care if someone accuses a dude of 'mansplaining' if they really are talking down to a girl and ignoring their knowledge of something due to gender. Having a funny word for that isn't really a bad thing - we have plenty of humorous terms for gendered actions. Bitching, for example, is meant to imply complaining in a typically female manner. But I do care when it's used against a sound argument.
>>
>>94010297
>pic unrelated
>>
>>94010297
>I don't like it
>it's wrong

I haven't read and I don't even care what the page says, I just want you to know I'm laughing at your weakness
>>
>>94010297
>I found this year old+ page on /tv/ today and I think all comics are capes and exactly like this so I'm going to ask those silly comic readers why they read comics when this exists which I bet nobody has done before

- you
>>
>>94010297
I'm what most of /co/ would consider very liberal, and I think this is pretty retarded.
>>
>>94011641
>mansplaining = condescension with a sexist connotation.
That's exactly how most people use it, though, regardless of however the person who coined it feels.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.