[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, alright, alright. What the fuck is the Anti-Life equation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 2sdwsxxxx.jpg (190KB, 655x397px) Image search: [Google]
2sdwsxxxx.jpg
190KB, 655x397px
Alright, alright, alright.

What the fuck is the Anti-Life equation? I know it has something to do with free-will, but other than that I'm fucking blasted
>>
>>93993485
It gets rid of a sentient beings right to choose, that's why Darkseid wants it, complete and utter dominion of whatever or whoever he wants.

It's called anti-life because Kirby didn't see the opposite of life as death, he was the opposite of life as the inability to choose
>>
>>93994186
The right or the ability to choose?
>>
>>93993485

Anti-Life is a perversion of several different Christian theological concepts related to faith, hope and salvation.

Christian faith is in a loving God who provides the generative grace that has created the universe and continues to sustain it out of love.

Now strip the God out of it and leave a gaping hole where that grace should go, where all of creation strives for and desires to be fulfilled by something that is a fundamental void. Literal annihilation - to become nothing.

Submission to Darkseid sounds better than facing that void, doesn't it?
>>
>>93994250
Probably both desu, he probably thought about it as the right given that he fought in WW2 and was against dictatorships etc, but in-universe it's the ability you lose
>>
File: NewGods1-09.jpg (438KB, 1269x1881px) Image search: [Google]
NewGods1-09.jpg
438KB, 1269x1881px
Originally it was this: >>93994186

Later it was made into a magic formula which can alter reality, and even into a being unto itself.
>>
>>93994270

Are you a Christian, anon?

Because the King was a Jew.

....As Christians, indeed, believe.
>>
There was some hypercrisis screencap about how the Anti-Life equation was essentially mathematical proof that you weren't real, that you were a fictional character written by a writer and drawn by an artist. Therefore, your life is meaningless and you should die for Darkseid.
>>
>>93994270
Kirby was Jewish, but it's not about religion but the right to choose in life, Kirby fought in WW2 and would have seen what it was like to have that right stripped away from you
>>
File: Hypercrisis thread.png (1MB, 1338x4386px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis thread.png
1MB, 1338x4386px
>>93994373

Sorry, should've put "Judeo-Christian" there instead.

>>93994397
Right here, anon
>>
>>93993485
>Alright, alright, alright.

I didn't know Matthew McCounaghey posted on /co/
>>
>>93994461
You know, I'd actually believe that.
>>
File: Almighty Darkseid.jpg (868KB, 935x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Almighty Darkseid.jpg
868KB, 935x1695px
DARKSEID IS
>>
>>93994397
So what made Darkseid immune to it then?
>>
>>93993485
It's the realization that you are a comic book character and thusly free will is an illusion.
>>
>>93994327
Wasn't it also implied to be sentient?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.