[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why this is episode was so hated? Also, who were in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why this is episode was so hated? Also, who were in the right, Zhang or Gan Jin?
>>
>>93988978
The one with the might was right.
>>
>>93988978
It's irrelevant.

There, answered both questions.
>>
File: 89778657.jpg (25KB, 300x346px) Image search: [Google]
89778657.jpg
25KB, 300x346px
>>93988978
It was kind of a generic plot for the show really, and it ends with Aang lying for basically no reason.
>>
It was hated because both tribes were tedious shit, and the resolution was retarded. In real life when you get those kinds of tribal spats, they will have stories about why the other side is wrong and evil, but the real conflict is usually about territorial disputes, money, or some other long-standing issue that can't be quickly or easily resolved.

"Hey guys, they were babies playing a ball game lol" wouldn't make all that go away. The Zhangs and Gan Jins had probably murdered members of each others tribes and stupefying one ancient story of bad blood would never bury the hatchet.
>>
They were both jackasses who didn't deserve the effort Aang put into helping their stupid asses survive.

This episode is hated because it's a stock Star Trek plot used as filler and brings basically nothing to the table beyond its dumb premise.
>>
>>93988978
>Also, who were in the right, Zhang or Gan Jin?

Neither. Both were total fucking idiots that would have all gotten themselves killed if the Gaang hadn't interfered.
>>
>>93988978
It serves no purpose in terms of character building, arc progression, or story overview.

It wasn't funny, it wasn't entertaining, it was just awkwardly there

Personally, I hate the Swamp more. The Momo/Appa side story was boring, and the visions were awful forced drama but at least it added to the capabilities of a bending style and expanded the avatar universe doing so I could see why others would like even this awful ep more
>>
>>93989717
The Swamp is a great episode. (And Avatar Day is even better.)
>>
>>93988978
Teel whatever you want about the tribes, but I loved their designs. Specially the barbarian ones.
>>
>>93989807
The designs for the canyon crawlers were pretty awesome too.
>>
>>93988978
White is always right
>>
>>93989592
>two ethnicities about to cleanse each other out
>over something that literally doesnt matter
Gee, why would he lie and stop a mutual genocide?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.