[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of Joker cutting off his face when it would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: face.jpg (52KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
52KB, 600x386px
What was the point of Joker cutting off his face when it would be magically restored during the next story arc?
>>
>>93982255
Because it was edgy as fuck. Personally, i love deformed characters because i think body horror is cool, but it was totally unnecessary from a storytelling standpoint and reaked of bad writing. They should did a redesign where the joker looked more acid burnt and gory from his dip in a vat of chemicals if they really needed him to look disgusting.
>>
>>93982255
There wasn't, the writer of The Dark Knight, the worst New52 Bat ongoing(not Snyder before you all jump down his throat), just wanted a shock moment.
>>
>>93982255
This was just Tony Daniel being a gorefag.

>Made the Joker cut off his own face (something that never had a resolution since editorial cut him off the book).
>Planned to cut off Superbros arm (editorial cut him off the book BEFORE the gore could happen this time).
>>
>>93982315
One thing that got me was the lack of motivation. Why would joker cut off his own face, an act that would literally make him never smile again. Its so fucking stupud.
>>
>>93982325
>>93982255

It really was a wasted opportunity to not have a new villain that wore Joker's face as a cover.

Basically things would be the same, but readers could say that this guy is darker and more violent because he is a psychopath that is using a slice of flesh like a totem.
>>
>>93982315
I love Tony Daniel's art, but holy fuck, he should not be allowed to write.
>>
>>93982541
literally what Duella Dent did
>>
>>93982255
Money. D'uh.
>>
>>93982255
Because there was an interesting implication that followed it during Endgame, when reader was made to question whether Joker is actually an immortal regenerating entity or was he simply restored due to the dyonesium lake. Because if the first option was correct, it means that in order to keep everyone from knowing his secret before he was ready to reveal it, Joker had to contiually cut off his own face after Dollamker did it, due to it regenerating.
>>
File: 1356240797050.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1356240797050.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>93982604
>Duella Dent
you had to remind me didn't you
fuck you
>>
>>93982285
>>93982315
Snyder told Daniels to do that.
>>
>>93982255
>What was the point of Joker cutting off his face

He didn't cut out his face idiot, a B- villain made it so he could sell it as a trophy for rich mobsters
>>
>>93982898

This could have been a amazing arc with good writing, Joker trolling Batman into thinking that he was a imortal demon just to mess with him was the most Joker thing he did in the last years
>>
>>93982325
>>93983861
>>
>>93982255
>>93983861
>>93982325

>/co/ still read comics
>>
>>93982315
>Planned to cut off Superbros arm (editorial cut him off the book BEFORE the gore could happen this time).
No, that was Andy Diggle, the writer, that's why he left Action Comics after 3 issues... not because they wouldn't let him cut the arm, but because they told him he could do it, then changed their mind at the last moment... New 52 editorial must've been a bitch to work with.
>>
>>93983118
Source?
>>
>>93983986

>Liesforidiots.com
>>
>>93983980
I'm surprised they let Daniels do what he did. That seems like the kind of decision that needs the ok from the main bat writer and all relevant editorial.
>>
>>93982255

Better than Capullos shitty Hitler youth hairstyle that he gives everyone because he's awful
>>
Snyder is a horror movie fan and wanted Joker to look like Michael Myers for one arc. White mask, stolen garage uniform.
>>
>>93982255
What is the point of anything when it is magically restored during the next story arc? they throw shit at the wall and keep what gets popular
>>
>>93984401
But the reason why Michael Myers' design works is the fact that his creepy, blank and emotionless mask is a perfect representation of his sociopathic personality.
What the fuck was Joker's "mask" supposed to represent?
>>
>>93985616
Edge
>>
>>93982255
>hey, remember when TDK Joker had those scars on his mouth and everyone loved them ?
>well what if we did that, TO HIS WHOLE FACE ?
>>
>>93986298
How did he get those scars anyway?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.