[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Batman wants to scare criminals why doesn't he just use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: scarecrow.png (166KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
scarecrow.png
166KB, 640x449px
If Batman wants to scare criminals why doesn't he just use fear toxin like Scarecrow? Non-lethal and it'd have a more lasting crime deterrence impact.
>>
>scar them for life and give them horrible PTSD just because they were short on change and stole someone's purse
Honestly you are right Batman would do something like that.
>>
It's pretty immoral.
>>
Crime goes down, mental wards fill up with blabbering goons afraid of their own shadow
>>
I feel like he has totally used Crane's fear-gas before although I can't exactly recall if it was in the comics or an adaption or what
>>
>>93975185
Isn't this the ending to Arkham Knight?
>>
>>93975245
Isn't it just a more effective way of doing what Batman already does? His whole gimmick is trying to scare criminals.
>>
File: jonathan_crane__justice__002.jpg (54KB, 296x596px) Image search: [Google]
jonathan_crane__justice__002.jpg
54KB, 296x596px
>>93975185
If Scarecrow wants to study fear why doesn't he become a vigilante? Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.
>>
>>93975252
He uses it in Arkham Knight
>>
>>93975450
I would read a comic about Scarecrow being a good guy desu.
>>
File: SWAMP THING 007 026.jpg (674KB, 1280x2010px) Image search: [Google]
SWAMP THING 007 026.jpg
674KB, 1280x2010px
>>93975185
He would rather beat on desperate thugs than actually prevent crime. He is a jackass who should be stopped.
>>
>>93975444
It's not that effective, there's no way of controlling people's reaction to the gas.
>>
>>93975245
So's using kids in your crusade against crime. So's using excessive force like putting them in full body casts. So's giving them brain damage from beating the shit out of them with your fists.

So's not killing the Joker but GCPD and that incompetent fuck Gordon share the blame there.
>>
File: 1461898170536.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461898170536.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>The dangerous super-ninja in an armored fursuit that beats the shit out of people in dark alleys at night uses "fear" as an unreliable placebo for lethal force
>the gangly, bookish professor in a raggedy burlap costume uses a non-lethal chemical aerosol to artificially induce the experience of fear for his own personal gain
I feel they'd both benefit from swapping M.O's. Batman would cut out most of the inherent risk factor of accidentally killing some mook (or crippling them for life) because he'd at least have enough compassion to try avoiding those circumstances, whereas Crane could give a fuck if those Chads who picked on him in high school could ever walk again as long as they're shit-their-pants afraid of him for life.

I wonder how an Elseworld's story handling that idea would go. Crane gets /fit/ off of Bane's venom or some shit and becomes a belligerently volatile Anti-Batman, while Bruce himself becomes more of a stealth-centric vigilante, depending on theatrics and fear toxin to terrorize the underworld like some silver-screen horror villain.
>>
File: hypnotizes a nazi.png (2MB, 632x1716px) Image search: [Google]
hypnotizes a nazi.png
2MB, 632x1716px
>>93975450
I've been saying this for years: Scarecrow desperately needs a revamp and better motivation and the best way to do is to turn him into a vigilante. Or at least a neutral character.
Someone who's perfectly willing to go after criminals and see what makes them tick and even willing to cooperate with Batman or the police on really hard cases. He is still pure evil, he is just slightly more competent at it since he's mixing up his game and working with the forces of good to get shit done.
Essentially, make him like The Shadow, only instead of guns and Tibetan mysticism, he uses chemical weapons and death traps.

It would make his stories a lot less repetitive and The Scarecrow far more interesting to watch since he could be genuinely unpredictable.
Crane is a anti-social genius bookworm obsessed with research. He should have figured out by now how to play by the hero's rules while getting what he wants.
>>
File: smilebats.jpg (27KB, 455x392px) Image search: [Google]
smilebats.jpg
27KB, 455x392px
>>93976404
>>93976092
Oh boy, it's another "/co/ should never write Batman" thread.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.