[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come comics and cartoons aren't as popular with girls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1500181062538.jpg (259KB, 540x835px) Image search: [Google]
1500181062538.jpg
259KB, 540x835px
How come comics and cartoons aren't as popular with girls as anime&manga?
I mean there's Saga but that's pretty much it.

What gives?
>>
>>93966415
Cartoons are extremely popular with girls, especially the tumblr legbeard hamplanet crowd.
Comics are not pretty enough.
>>
>>93966415
boys react better to visual stimuli while women are better at grasping abstracts. It's why women tend to learn better in classroom setting while men learn better in hands-on settings.

Why do more women tend to read novels than men? Same principle.
>>
>>93966415
Anime/manga has way more genres and shows made specifically with teen to young adult women in mind as the target audience, while most comics and cartoons are aimed at younger males and the ones aimed at females are aimed at very young girls, like age ten or under.
>>
>>93966415
Capeshit isn't popupar with anyone, Anon. It's literally being kept alive by US copyright laws and a monopoly that's sucking cash outta rubes running comic stores.

Comics do reasonably well.
>>
Comics are one of the most horribly squandered industries in the world, and would do much better in the US with all demographics if comic shops died out.
>>
>>93966415
manga is free on the internet and there are genres tailored towards female audiences
>>
Because no one cares about comics period. It's an incredibly niche hobby that is dying out by the day.

Why do you think the biggest two comic book companies were bought out just so they could implement these character in other mediums that aren't comic books instead?
>>
>>93966415
There aren't a lot of comics made to appeal to girls, though graphic novels seem to be gaining popularity among female audiences nowadays. when I was a younger girl I never wanted to get into comics because all I ever saw for sale was cape comics, which didn't appeal to me. I got into anime/manga because I liked the art styles better, and I had more genres to choose from.
Even going beyond capeshit, there's hardly any western comics about romance or other traditionally feminine themes. There's no comic equivalent to Twilight or The Fault in Our Stars, outside of some shoujo manga and webcomics. Even with female superheroes, there's basically no major comics made to appeal especially to women, so thus fewer women get into comics.
>>
>>93966415
>all that pleb taste in that room
>>
Cartoons are very popular with girls, where do you think all the gay fanart comes from?
>>
>>93967560
gay men?
>>
>>93966415
Because they aren't as good as anime & manga.
>>
File: comicbookguy.jpg (59KB, 650x391px) Image search: [Google]
comicbookguy.jpg
59KB, 650x391px
because the average comic book fan is literally pic related
>>
>>93968294
Didn't he marry a cute weeb girl recently?
>>
>>93969249
Can a Japanese girl be a weeb?
>>
>>93969632
They're weebs by default
>>
>>93966415
>shonen shit
>all entry level normie garbage
>>
>>93968247
Slash tends to be more emotional and usually towards prettyboys. If you look at fiction written/drawn by gay men the men tend to be more muscular and...bear(?)like.
>>
Because when comics are made that appeal to girls, guys throw an absolute shitfit even though they don't have to read it.
>>
>>93970785
Most women are casuals
>>
>>93971423
If girls read comics it wouldn't matter
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.