[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The show that SJWs worship the most stars a straight cis white

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 1454870852726.jpg (53KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1454870852726.jpg
53KB, 422x422px
The show that SJWs worship the most stars a straight cis white male in a borderline messianic role.

And the irony is completely lost on them.

This is why I can't hate SU. It always felt more like it was milking the SJWs for ratings and merchandise shekels than anything else. Which is almost admirable.
>>
It's an SJW show because it's incredibly delicate and sanitized.

What I mean by this is that despite the characters constantly sobbing and "drama" being injected into each episode, the show itself is very bland and refuses to experiment with anything that would actually challenge the status quo of modern era cartooning. The jokes are easy. The characters are easy. The plot is easy. It's all easy and shit we've seen before, yet it tries to imply it's more than that.

What do shows like Ren & Stimpy, Avatar, Invader Zim, Powerpuff Girls and Spongebob have in common? They tried new shit. Whether it was subtle adult jokes for parents or animation techniques, they actually put in the effort to differentiate themselves from the competition. Steven Universe and the line-up of curved line, inoffensive trite garbage try absolutely nothing and still fail. They're all the exact same in pretty much every way, or they're trying to do things those cartoons already accomplished and imply it makes them stand out.
>>
>>93966139
>What do shows like Ren & Stimpy, Avatar, Invader Zim, Powerpuff Girls and Spongebob have in common? They tried new shit.

I was with you up until this part. This is just nostalgiafaggotry.
>>
>>93966111
Stop feeding the Jew in (((sugar)))
>>
>>93966159
>Muh nostalgia ruins everything

It's like music; you begin to feel sympathy for the older stuff when the newer material is garbage. SU does jack Shit in humor and action, and rather be a "emotional" crying festival with "DEEP" plotlines. It does absolutely nothing else to help its characters. They're all made to appeal to the tumblr retards that think diversity makes something good.

Remember that one tumblr artwork which was representing KLK? That's how this show is: A train wreck
>>
>>93966159
Ren & Stimpy

Other than introducing a totally new style of animation, it introduced a more edgy style of telling jokes and resurrected an older era of writing or 'skits.'

>Invader Zim

Similar to Ren & Stimpy, providing a unique art style simply not seen before and wasn't afraid to be morbid, dismal or even outright scary.

>Powerpuff Girls

One of the pillar examples of a girl-centric cartoon, in that people who weren't little girls could appreciate egalitarian writing and sly jabs at adult audiences hidden cleverly in ordinary dialogue kids still understood.

>Avatar

Obviously, the first western attempt at an anime-style overarching plot and dramatic storytelling. Ironically did this better than most anime despite being aimed at children and young teens.

>Spongebob

Transferred sitcom-style writing to a cartoon format for the sake of telling jokes. Also introduced 'waterpaint gags,' something you didn't see prior.
>>
File: bob3.png (185KB, 295x384px) Image search: [Google]
bob3.png
185KB, 295x384px
>>93966111
I don't really give a shit about what people think when I say "I like SU"
I've been watching it since Episode 1 and I've loved it so far. Except a lot of episodes from S4 and the fact that it IS flawed. I try to stay out of the fandom as much as I can (while still being a member of it, it's confusing).

When the show ends, I'll look back to all the bait threads, shitstorms and overall faggotry of the hatebase, for it is much more gold than the fandom. The endless tries to get newfags to not enjoy the show bring a smile to my face. It's kind of pathetic, really.
>>
>>93966239
>Steven Universe
Combined progressive-leaning slice-of-life tone with classic hero's journey. Resurrected non-cringe insert songs. Presents a male hero who is empathic and curious, first and foremost, rather than brash and violent. Resurrected meticulously painted backgrounds. Carried forward Avatar's loose narrative storytelling style.

I would say that maybe you don't get it because SU's innovations traditionally appeal more to girls than boys, except boys love it too. Maybe you just have shit taste.
>>
>>93966247
I've never liked it at all. Once it switched the art styles from the pilot and went to a story based plot, it turned to shit. Not to mention the endless idiots who shill for this show, the fanbase almost killing a person just because of artwork, countless idiots screaming at (((sugar))) because of certain things done, and the endless pandering to "diversity"

I'll look back at it as a show that was a liberal fantasy, and one that never broke boundaries except when it wanted cookies for diversity
>>
>>93966239
>Avatar

Obviously, the first western attempt at an anime-style overarching plot and dramatic storytelling. Ironically did this better than most anime despite being aimed at children and young teens.

Bullshit to this older cartoons like Teddy Ruxpin, Transformers, G.I Joe, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Adventures of The Galaxy Rangers, Inhumanoids, Jem, ThunderCats (both versions) , DuckTales, and then later with shows such The Legend of Prince Valiant, Invasion America, Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders, X-Men, Spiderman, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, Double Dragon, King Arthur and The Knights of Justice, Shadow Raiders, The Pirates of Dark Water, Conan the Adventurer, Exosquad, Phantom 2040, Beast Wars, Gargoyles, Reboot, Superman TAS, Silver Surfer, Batman Beyond, Xyber 9: New Dawn, Redwall, XMen Evolution, As Told By Ginger, TMNT (later 1987 series episodes and 2003 series), He-Man (both 1983 and 2002 versions), Jackie Chan Adventures, Static Shock, Justice League/Unlimited, Argai: The Prophecy, Chris Colorado, WITCH, Xiaolin Showdown, Danny Phantom, Codename Kids Next Door, Teen Titans, American Dragon (Season 2), Kim Possible (Season 4), Transformers Animated, Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2003 and 2008 series)/Rebels, Ben 10 (OS and UAF), The Batman, Legion of Superheros, Total Drama, Speed Racer The Next Generation, Wolverine and The X-Men, Spectacular Spiderman, Iron Man: Armored Adventures have definite continuity and a story that moves forward. You would never understand future episodes without watching older ones.
>>
>>93966247
>Then the show ends, I'll look back to all the bait threads, shitstorms and overall faggotry
Aaay, this anon knows where it's at. I quit SU a while back but nothing warms my heart as much as going to tumblr, search the SU Critical tag and watching people kill and be horrible to each other.
>>
File: dean.gif (829KB, 1363x5954px) Image search: [Google]
dean.gif
829KB, 1363x5954px
>>93966111
>>
>>93966378
This as well. Those idiots eat each other alive if they disagree with each other. It's like fight club, but instead of you voluntary doing it, you are forced in if you disgrace one thing on the show
>>
Steven Universe is barely show that is daring at all, but then again most cartoons today aren't
>>
>>93966559
We are in a more daring time in some ways
>more adult cartoons
>more gay shit on screen
>more story driven cartoons
>different types of adult jokes
Back in the 90s you were either a comedy or a superhero show.
>>
>>93966582
So cartoons have caught up with basic storytelling then?

Fuck, even I Love Lucy had arcs where the characters would spend five or so episodes in California or on vacation. You really think somehow AT having "bomb arcs" like that is new in anyway? In fact, action cartoons with continuity were more prevalent in the early 2000's than now. Xiaolin Showdown, Jackie Chan Adventures, Avatar, Danny Phantom, Static Shock, Jake Long.

It's not even like we have "more" lore shows compared to before, because 90% of cartoons that air are still episodic comedies. The only thing we have more of are non-comedic confirmed gay characters, and that's only really Steven Universe and Loud House. And that isn't going to hold the test of time in daring just like how the novelty of The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son featuring a black family has worn off, especially when better things have come along like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. In a decade, Steven Universe is going to get its ass kicked by a better show with the same themes.

I mean fuck, Courage has constant themes about love and bravery and does it ten times better than SU and they don't need the novelty of "half our cast is gay" to stay relevant.
>>
>>93966582
>More story driven cartoons

We've barely had any that have been good in a sense. Only AT and regular show nailed it, and the rest have either failed or became a pile of shit
>>
File: IMG_1216.jpg (164KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.jpg
164KB, 861x889px
>>93966111
The anount of effort people on /co/ put into shitting on SU offseason is absurd. The second episodes start airing it goes back to sucking Sugar's 9 inch, but when the show's off its everything wrong with America.
The sheer amount of focus put on a show about gay space rocks crying a lot is ridiculous.
>>
>>93966247
almost dropped the entire show from steven's constant yelling in season 1 alone. it's actually pretty nice, though many concepts go terribly unused or underdeveloped.
since the budget is two limes and a dime, I don't expect an action-packed shounen battle for the finale, which is both a dissapointment and mystery for how it'd really end, assuming it doesn't cop out like a bitch.

desu I think sugar is extremely creative, especially to work out so many concepts over so many shows
>>
>>93966630
The show should have ended at least two years ago. Now, it's a decaying mess of crying lesbian rocks fighting an evil lesbian yellow rock. Also, our """protagonist""" cannot stop crying
>>
File: hall12-aku.jpg (27KB, 502x371px) Image search: [Google]
hall12-aku.jpg
27KB, 502x371px
>>93966156
NO!
>>
>>93966111
>>93966425
>a-a-actually, most people who enjoy the show are too stupid to understand that it aligns with MY political values, instead of theirs. Only I am intelligent enough to enjoy Steven Universe the correct way.
>>
>>93966609
Yeah by 2025 cartoon will start to have more open lgbt characters, even as a main character, SU will look outated
>>
>>93966678
And this warrants perma bait threads?
>>
They headcanon Steven as trans because he crossdressed once.
>>
>>93966698
refute the points
>>
>>93966825
I have never been so pissed while watching a show. What's next? Ru Paul being a guest appearance and crossdressing and making a message that drag is okay?
>>
>>93966111
>Straight
He's gay as fuck
>>
>>93966874
I thought it was a bit cringy but I didn't care that much.
>>
>>93966874
he did it to spare his friend getting on stage in a time of crisis
cross-dressing is hardly anything new. actually, it's surprising gumball didn't didn't more flack or headcanon for it since he did just for kicks
>>
File: 1498323034686.jpg (138KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
1498323034686.jpg
138KB, 807x861px
>>93966111
I don't like Steven Universe simply because Steven is fat. Not even kidding, I fucking hate fat people in my media. I haven't even watched a second of this series, it's just that every time I see his lard ass in the catalog, or in commercial, or anywhere fucking else, I wonder why he doesn't lose some fucking weight. Also I really hate his hairstyle.
>>
>>93966923
That's because it was out of delusion and you could laugh at how ridiculous it was. This scenario, on the other hand, was ridiculous and could have been avoided if Sadie wasnt a fucking incompetent bitch
>>
File: 1480356839184.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1480356839184.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>93966861
Steven is based on Rebecca Sugar's little brother. They're Jewish.
>>
>>93966964
>That's because it was out of delusion
?

>This scenario, on the other hand, was ridiculous and could have been avoided if Sadie wasnt a fucking incompetent bitch
not really revelvant and disagree. it's her mom for being such a pushy autist
>>
>>93966964
I feel like you care way more about this minute long scene way more than anyone from the show, anyone making the show, 99% of people watching the show, or most people in general would.

Steven's a flamming faggot. Okay. So what? I'd care way more about what TTG, which airs at basically all times, teaches kids than Gay Space Rocks, which says nothing (((they))) aren't already blaring through every other existing avenue.
>>
>>93966111
What does being a SJW mean to you?
>>
File: IMG_1428.jpg (147KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1428.jpg
147KB, 1024x702px
>>93967032
TTG is shit anyway. You don't show your kids that shit because it's toxic. But then again, people thought spongebob made you dumber and that was disproven. There's a fine line between watching a show and taking the shit in that show seriously

>>93967006
Who would have known?
>>
>straight

faggiest show evee
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.