[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The date is July 16th, 1945, and on a lonely plain near Alamogordo,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1472857096327.png (137KB, 464x406px) Image search: [Google]
1472857096327.png
137KB, 464x406px
The date is July 16th, 1945, and on a lonely plain near Alamogordo, New Mexico, a blinding light marks the start of the Atomic Age.

Unbeknownst to the observers, however, more than an atomic explosion has occurred. A chain reaction has been set off, as more than just radiation spreads outward from the blast.

Scientists theorized that the testing of an atomic weapon could set the very sky ablaze, yet took the risk anyway as pioneers. Had they known what was to come, they might have left Pandora's Box unopened. It was on that sunny day in July that the Atomic Age began, and it is in that age which we currently live.

For many years afterward the world proceeded unchanged. Following successful tests, the newfound power was used many times. It ended the war with Imperial Japan. It gave rise to national superpowers, as nuclear proliferation drove the march of progress. While in the very genes of babes born after that fateful day at Alamogordo, nature's newest surprise percolated. Yet even then, those first born were no different from their fellow man, save for minor things.

No, it was the generation that saw Chernobyl that everything changed, as the tree of life of our planet finally bore its hellish fruit in a violent spasm, and the Children of the Atom were forever transformed.

The release of a fresh source of raw power into the skies brought about changes in the adolescents growing up so changed. Strange powers, and even stranger appearances began to pop up, coinciding with puberty. And so it was that the world became a lot stranger.

I'm sorry /co/, I felt like rambling to work out a superhero setting. tl;dr is "atomic tests at alamogordo set off a chain reaction, children two generations later start being born with super powers.". So first the US sees a huge spike, then Japan and so on following the timeline of nuclear tests. And that's as far as I've gotten. I'm also drunk. Please help.
>>
>>93956856
Flag on the moon.

How did it get there?
>>
>>93956856
It's okay, anon.
keep going, this could be rather amusing,
>>
>>93956883
The same as our Earth's history, via the space race. Nothing significantly changes until after Chernobyl.

>>93956892
I'm getting a headache and I need to pee, keep asking questions that I can think about.
>>
Have you been watching the new season of Twin Peaks?

It's heavily implied that the great evil in the series was birthed in the unprecedented destruction of the world's first atomic detonation. The "White Lodge," the force for good, releases a golden soul unto the world to one day be reborn as Laura Palmer, the monkey wrench (for lack of a better analogy) destined to ruin the works of that great evil.

Also drunk. Have a good night OP
>>
>>93956856
this is literally what the new season of twin peaks is about. not powers but creatures with powers entering our world, because of that exact nuke test, sorry anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IKUeIEdRMY
>>
>>93957077
>>93956984
I have never watched Twin Peaks, either the old series or the new.
>>
>>93957102

several people will tell you to watch the old series before the new. but i disagree, because the tone and characters are very different.

twin peaks is a catch all type show. mundane combined with extraordinary. it is a show about everything. soap opera, mystery, sci-fi, comedy, parody, horror, etc.

in twin peaks lore, there are other dimensions that interact with ours. they took notice of us because of that nuke test. one of these dimensions possesses us and gets us to do evil things so it van feed on the sorrow of our victims. the other helps us out, and gives us clues on how to stop the evil dimension creatures.
>>
what is this
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.