[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard good things about X-men Evolution. Is it possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: standard_fantastic.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
standard_fantastic.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
I've heard good things about X-men Evolution. Is it possible to get past how cringey the premise of X-men in high school is?
>>
>>93955802
Yes. The highschool stuff is cheesy, but it does develop the cast well. And by season 3 its more traditional X-men fair.
>>
My dad is a Claremontfag and he still watched with us when it was first airing. So even discounting for parents suffering through stupid shit for their kids, I imagine it was probably ok.

Haven't rewatched it yet though.
>>
>>93955852
What did he think of it?
>>
>>93955958
I think he generally enjoyed it but he did bitch a little that the ages were "wrong" as one might expect.
>>
it's a good show, but you're going to have to muscle through typical High School tropes and get over the fact that some X-Men are teenagers while others are more loyal to their comic counterpart's age
>>
the charater designs were SSS+ tier
>>
>>93955802
First season is alright.

Then the second season has a Sentinel prototype come close to soloing the entire cast, both heroes and villains.
>>
>>93955802
Spyke was shit

otherwise it was fine. If you hate Wolvie x Jean X Scott love triangle BS, then this is the X cartoon for you
>>
I never got the whole "teen" complaint. Scott, Jean, Bobby were teens when they first showed up. Kurt while he didn't first appear as a teen, he was still a very young man. Probably in his early 20s, and would have been the same age as the aforementioned o5. Then of course Kitty and the New Mutants whole shtick is that they are teenage mutants throughout all mediums.

Logan is like over a century old, so its understandable he's older than the rest. Plus it eliminated the X-triangle that has become infamous among the fandom, by changing the dynamics between the 3 characters, and having most of Wolverine's character interactions be with Charles and Kitty along with X-23. And it had my favorite version of several of the brotherhood characters, such as Avalanche, and Toad who were no one's favorite before. And Hank is always great as the jovial teacher figure.

I think it helped retrofit the characters in roles that best suited them for the most part. My only problem was how under utilized Storm was in favor of her shit nephew.
>>
>>93955802
First season is kind of scrappy as they try to figure out what they're doing. Second season is better and it only keeps improving from there.

>>93959133
Well to be fair, it's not just teen characters, there are some weird things, like the characters going to regular high school on top of being at Xavier's, Kelly and Mystique being school principle for some fucking reason. Shit like that.Thankfully this stuff mostly ceases over time.
>>
>>93955802
>>93958756
Yeah.

I enjoyed the series but it was also my first exposure to xmen as a kid so I might have a strong bias for enjoying it.
>>
>>93955802
I couldn't get into the show for years then I powered through it on Hulu and became a big fan. I wish Marvel aimed to make all of their shows look as good.

I don't hate Spike but I wish he was written more consistently. I don't buy the episodes where he's angry and antisocial after they constantly show him as a friendly idiot otherwise. It's dumb that they have to be in public school but they used the setting better as the show continued. I have nitpicks like wishing the new Mutants had more substantial things to do or that Mystique had a clearer goal but I find the show so enjoyable either way.
>>
It's more interesting than TAS imo because TAS was just repeating the comics storylines. Evolution was more unique and had bold changes to characters/their relationships.
>>
I liked it. It was an interesting twist on X-men.
>>
>>93955802
>cringey the premise

Stop being such a fucking wad.
>>
Where can I watch it for Free.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.