[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue Beetle question, hope this doesn't get buried. 2006

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1496619852549.png (76KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
1496619852549.png
76KB, 198x198px
Blue Beetle question, hope this doesn't get buried.

2006 series is one of my favorite runs. I picked up the New52 series, but dropped it when it became apparent they had lost the spirit of the original.

I haven't even bothered to check out the Rebirth series, but I just heard from a friend that the Scarab is now retconned to be magic again after all? Like, no Reach? Is this for real?
>>
welp, bump
>>
Yeah, it's magic, which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>93955701
>>93956193
Actually, what Fate tells Ted is that is not just science, but also magic, iirc.
>>
Giffen retcon it to be magic but they never explained the scarab's new lore.
>>
>>93955701
Rebirth Blu Beetle is awesome because its Jaime AND Ted, plus Doctor Fate, OMAC, and a couple of characters from JL3000/3001, it's seriously become one of my favorite Rebirth books.
>>
>>93956312
it's made of THE METAL
>>
>>93956371
Sounds good. I'll check it out.
>>
I honestly don't know Giffen's end game, making the scarab magic mean's it lost all it's lore with the lanterns.
>>
>>93955701
new bb series is.. ok. they kinda decimated ted's character, erased his entire history and ruined his relationship with dan garrett, but I'm hoping that they will at least reconnected him with his friends (most importantly, booster) SOMETIME soon.

the fact that bb is only once a month makes for very slow reveal of information and i've been itching for ted content since booster's vol 2 run, so it's been.. frustrating

jaime however is pretty good in this run and his relationship as the 'mentee' of ted is pretty cute. just wish they wouldn't isolate them both into this tiny series and have them expand a little
>>
>>93959852
ok nvm, 'decimated' is kinda a strong word, i just meant that ted has always been best in group scenarios and all of his relationships he's had over the years have now never happened, so a lot of his personality has been reduced to 'makes bad jokes sometimes' which, admittedly, was a big part of his character, but he lacks the emotional moments he gets from being around people he cares about that really help flush out his character.

it's the main reason why ted's solo run got cancelled and he was kinda shoved into different groups (jli, jla, superbuddies, bop) until his death. he just is a better character when he gets to bring out the more lighthearted side in other people.
>>
>>93956973
I'm just wondering what happens when the new writer comes on board.
>>
>>93959893
>>93955701
i also realise that you meant more about jaime probably because you said the 2006 series, but you used a ted picture so i got confused

jaime seems ok in this series. kinda an angsty teen but i guess it makes sense given his situation. the real problem with bb rebirth is that it's mono-monthly which means that giffen tries to cram way too much story into too few pages because he has to keep people interested with much less overall content. it really needs to be bi-monthly to succeed, imo.
>>
>>93959896
there's going to be a new writer? when? also, who?
>>
Blue Beetle sales this year:
Jan: 18,104
Feb: 15,906
Mar: 14,690
Apr: 13,406
May: 12,939
June: 12,399

I REALLY hope it doesn't get cancelled. They gotta bring in some new talent (like.. a better artist please..) or switch it to bi-monthly or /something/, because their current plan for bb just isn't working :(
>>
>>93956371
Don't listen to this anon. It's thrash.
>>
>>93955701
i think the only way to save bb rebirth is to get rid of all the extra bullshit, pull in booster gold and have booster & ted take jaime on adventures. it's the only way.
>>
>>93955701
>Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
>-A.C. Clarke
>>
>>93959958
You mean thrash? illiterate fuck...

Rebirth series stars pretty rough, only gets good after several issues.
>>
Start with #14. It's getting a new creative team.
>>
>>93959921
According to the solicitations in https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/17/fdc-comics-solicitations-october-2017-olivier-coipel-bengal-scott-snyder-batman-lost/

it's Christopher Sebela.
>>
>>93959952
They're getting a new creative team in October

Loveness/Perez on the book is still my dream
>>
>>93960216
How is he?
>>
>>93956371
It's sounds like it would be good, OP, but it's not. The dialogue is forced, every character comes off as a smarmy douche, and a lot of stuff feels like you need to know everything from previous stories first.
>>
>>93960338
His indie work is great.
>>
>>93960216
>no mention of Ted
JUST
PUT
HIM
IN
HIS
SUIT

THE LAST COUPLE OF ISSUES SHOW HE'S STILL PERFECTLY CAPABLE HEROING
FUCK, DON'T BLUE BALL THIS SHIT
>>
>>93960370
If Ted, Captain Atom and Question aren't somehow relevant in Doomsday Clock I'll be annoyed.

BB has been so disconnected from every other Rebirth book so far, because it's been Giffens containment but BB works best as part of the overall DCU as opposed to their own corner.
>>
File: familiar faces worn out faces.jpg (213KB, 583x981px) Image search: [Google]
familiar faces worn out faces.jpg
213KB, 583x981px
>>93956415
>>
Sebelas on for 5 issues
https://twitter.com/xtop/status/887058222871232513
>>
>>93955701
What happened to Scott Kolins’s art?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.