[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney gives reason to why Steve Whitmire got fired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 67

File: IMG_2435.jpg (111KB, 780x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2435.jpg
111KB, 780x488px
http://www.toughpigs.com/disney-statement/

>The role of Kermit the Frog is an iconic one that is beloved by fans and we take our responsibility to protect the integrity of that character very seriously. We raised concerns about Steve’s repeated unacceptable business conduct over a period of many years and he consistently failed to address the feedback. The decision to part ways was a difficult one which was made in consultation with the Henson family and has their full support.

As well as the reasons why he was fired:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-says-fired-kermit-frog-actor-unacceptable-business-conduct-1021701

>In a Monday interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Whitmire explained that he was let go by Disney in October. He was given two reasons: unwanted notes during the short-lived Muppets reboot on ABC and a union disagreement. News of his termination has since come to light after months of being told he was going to be "honored for his contributions" to the Muppets and the hope of working out issues with Disney brass.
>>
So, in more explicit wording, Whitmire acted like a bitch who couldn't handle criticism and got his shit canned and kicked to the road.
>>
File: steve-whitmire-fired-in-2016.jpg (67KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
steve-whitmire-fired-in-2016.jpg
67KB, 940x545px
>>93946285
>>93946383
>"Whitmire, who was asked to take over Kermit by Henson's family after the creator's untimely death in 1990, said that an instance of a note was over a script for the new ABC series, canceled last year, in which Kermit lied to his nephew, Robin, about his breakup with Miss Piggy.

>"I don't think Kermit would lie to him," Whitmire explained. "I think that is Robin came to Kermit he would say 'things happen, people go their separate ways, but that doesn't mean we don't care about you.' Kermit is too compassionate to lie to him to spare his feelings."

>He continued, "We have been doing these characters for a long, long time and we know them better than anybody. I thought I was aiding to keep it on track and I think a big reason why the show was canceled (after one season last fall) was because that didn't happen. I am not saying my notes would have saved it, but I think had they listened more to all of the performers, it would have made a really big difference.'"
>>
>>93946380
Quite literally

>We have no absolutely no legitimate reason to fire you
>So just make something up
>>
>>93946383
t. Disney executive
>>
Honestly fuck the people involved with writing that ABC show. Those hacks were about 10 years too late to the Office style mockumentary gimmick
>>
>>93946285
>unwanted notes during the short-lived Muppets reboot on ABC

Sounds like what Disney wants is an interchangeable workman who'll read the lines he's told and clockout for the day; no passion or input in his performance or the character.

Business is just easier that way, I guess.
>>
File: robin.jpg (105KB, 1200x951px) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
105KB, 1200x951px
>>93946434
>Kermit
>Ever lying to Robin

>>93946483
It was a very mediocre show, the showrunner was sacked halfway into the season and they're now blaming Steve for its failure.
>>
>>93946383
Other way around, really. Disney couldn't handle Whitmire's criticisms so they shit canned him.
>>
File: Patsy_Need_Alcohol.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Patsy_Need_Alcohol.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>93946285
TFW Disney
>>
>Cheryl Henson kicking Steve while he's down.

Fuck the Henson Company, they were miserable failing to get any sort of project off the ground for decades and only sold The Muppets as a last ditch effort to save themselves. Even today there's countless of announced project after announced project they did fuck all with, Jim Henson company has so many announced projects it isn't funny.

>A Pinocchio stop motion animated movie directed by Guillermo Del Toro in 2011
>A Fraggle Rock movie/reboot has been announced several times
>‘The Happytime Murders’ announced in 2010 and was to be directed by Brian Henson that was basically a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"-type thing but with puppets

>An untitled Fraggle Rock movie has been in development by The Jim Henson Company since 2005.

2008/2009
>The Weinstein Company formerly partnered with the Henson Company to produce and distribute the film. Cory Edwards, the writer and director of the 2005 animated film Hoodwinked!, was announced as the writer and director for the Fraggle Rock film in May 2008. Edwards kept a blog about the process, and began writing about his frustrations with the project in mid-2009.
2010/2011
>In June 2010, Edwards announced that the Weinstein Company is looking for a replacement screenwriter, claiming that he's been told that his script is "not edgy enough." In 2011, the deal fell through with Weinstein.
>In May 2012, new writers for the project were announced.
>After nearly two years of inactivity, Brian Henson briefly talked about the film's progress in a March 2014 Variety interview:
>“Fraggle Rock” is still in development, but the development is looking very strong, where “Dark Crystal” is mostly developed. “Fraggle Rock” might go faster because it’s not as big an undertaking.
MARCH 19, 2015
>Joseph Gordon-Levitt will produce and star in the live-action “Fraggle Rock” movie

Like most announced Henson projects that Fraggle Rock movie was never heard from since.
>>
File: Fraggle Rock.jpg (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fraggle Rock.jpg
274KB, 1280x720px
>>93947491
Just leave them be
>>
If the notes during the ABC Muppets show were bad enough to be considered a reason to fire Steve, I hate to imagine what the "union disagreement" was.
>>
>>93946383
Whitmire couldn't handle criticism? It was the other way around. He criticised them so they fired him

How did you see it from your point of view
>>
>>93947491
Does she seriously not understand that Steve had absolutely nothing to do with scripts that were written for him and were just as displeased with Kermit's characterization as she was? Now that Disney has one of their drones as Kermit, he's just going to stray even farther from what he used to be.
>>
>>93947491
She acts like steve writes the lines
>>
File: kermitfollowup-5-600x500.jpg (62KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
kermitfollowup-5-600x500.jpg
62KB, 600x500px
>>93947582
Whitmire, who was asked to take over Kermit by Henson's family after the creator's untimely death in 1990, said that an instance of a note was over a script for the new ABC series, canceled last year, in which Kermit lied to his nephew, Robin, about his breakup with Miss Piggy.

"I don't think Kermit would lie to him," Whitmire explained. "I think that as Robin came to Kermit, he would say 'things happen, people go their separate ways, but that doesn't mean we don't care about you.' Kermit is too compassionate to lie to him to spare his feelings."

He continued, "We have been doing these characters for a long, long time and we know them better than anybody. I thought I was aiding to keep it on track, and I think a big reason why the show was canceled (after one season last fall) was because that didn't happen. I am not saying my notes would have saved it, but I think had they listened more to all of the performers, it would have made a really big difference."

The second issue Whitmire says he was given concerning his termination was a union issue.

"The second issue was framed as 'refusing to work on a particular project’ some 15 months earlier," Whitmire explained. "I happened to get caught in the middle of a dispute on a contract classification between SAG-AFTRA and Disney Labor Relations, which occurred while I was in-flight to work on the project and the associated commercial. I did in fact shoot the commercial, but was unable to shoot the material for the project in order to comply with my obligations to the guild. Ironically, in that situation, my rep had negotiated a special deal with the guild so that we could do the work within the budget parameters for the project."

>Try to do what's right by Jim's vision and the characters he created
>Gets fired by Disney & stabbed in the back by Henson's daughter
>>
(((Disney))) needs to fuck off
>>
>>93946434
Kermit would absolutely lie. He's Muppet Show Kermit, not Sesame Street Kermit.

>Steve’s repeated unacceptable business conduct over a period of many years

So he was selling unlicensed shit and thought he'd get away with it forever.
>>
>>93947743
>he was selling unlicensed shit
proof?
>>
>>93947769
This retard read "business conduct" as "conducting business" and interpreted that to mean "bootlegging." Or he's just a Mouse shill.
>>
>>93947769
It's a joke
>>
>>93947491
me thinks that Cheryl wants a Disney job.
>>
>>93947690
So Disney tried to stiff SAG-AFTRA, the union wasn't having it, and Steve got caught in the middle? Bummer.
>>
>>93946285
>>93946434
That settles it then: Disney needs their shit kicked in. Any ideas?
>>
>>93947743
>Kermit ever lying to his nephew Robin
Absolutely not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipe14_yCL_g
>>
>>93947833
According to Muppet fansites Disney already delayed the Muppet Youtube channel video Thought of the Week with Vogel as Kermit to this Thursday. Probably in anticipation of people mass downvoting it.
>>
>>93947833
gipsy curses
>>
>>93947892
>people mass downvoting it.
I really want to when it comes out because Disney needs to know that shit is not acceptable, but then again I don't want Matt Vogel to think that people are protesting him personally.
>>
>>93947833
Winnie the Pooh has been censored and blacklisted in China due to "comparisons of President Xi Jinping and the chubby fictional bear, which ended up going viral." This will be a particularly harrowing concept to Disney as they have a "Winnie The Pooh" film in the works; if the blacklisting extends to the release of the film, Disney will lose out on potential millions through the Chinese market alone.

As such, it becomes apparent that the easiest way to ruin a company such as Disney is to have every upcoming property memed into denouncing the Chinese government, thus having those properties blacklisted in China and prevented from being discussed and, most importantly, screened in theaters.
>>
File: Gypsy_violin.jpg (66KB, 648x503px) Image search: [Google]
Gypsy_violin.jpg
66KB, 648x503px
>>93947947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCDMT0mkEo
>>
>>93947987
Chinas a shit market though that doesn't even respect copyright
>>
>>93947833
Mass hack Sony style? But then again we already know that Disney does dirty shit under the table.
>>
>>93947491
>WOOOOW HE'S LIKE, MAKING MY FATHER'S CHARACTER ACT LIKE A JERK!

How fucking stupid do you have to be to fail to remember there are writers when making up bullshit excuses for why a man should be vilified?
>>
>>93948027
Perhaps, but even if that's the case then that's money that bypasses Disney's pockets.
>>
>>93947954
I say fuck Vogel. He needs to know he's not wanted.
>>
File: The-Happytime-Murders_header.jpg (158KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
The-Happytime-Murders_header.jpg
158KB, 600x400px
>>93947491
I was really looking forward to The Happytime Murders. The production art and concept were pretty enticing
>>
>>93946383
you fucking mouseketeers would watch your mothers get raped and cry for your dad to watch i swear to shit.
>>
File: b6b22-kermitthefrog.jpg (28KB, 224x299px) Image search: [Google]
b6b22-kermitthefrog.jpg
28KB, 224x299px
>>93947954
It would show a clear sign to Disney though I'm sure they'll anticipate it and turn off likes.

It's not Matt Vogel's fault in the slightest, he's got it rough too with suddenly losing a colleague and long time friend, having suddenly Kermit thrust into his lap by Disney execs while already juggling Sesame Street (Big Bird, Count von Count) and in turn he was handpicked by Jerry Nelson to do his Muppet characters as well (Floyd Pepper, Uncle Deadly, Robin and Lew Zealand).
>>
>>93947954
When it's that many people in a situation like this, actors know man. They know.
>>
>>93948098
They're still filming it now, but they just announced an August 2018 release date a few days ago.
>>
>>93948098
Yeah and that was seven fucking years ago.
>>
>>93946383
oh hello mouse nigger. upset about Homeflopping getting APED?
>>
It seems as though the rest of Steve's characters are going to Peter Linz.

Here he is as Statler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26rg-N0V7M

and Ernie (even though Billy Barkhurst had previously replaced Steve as Ernie in 2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLVCNuSyxRxghb84koPGUB_orr0-1rW-bz&v=-WL0eMf5VhU
>>
>>93948221
I didn't notice a difference in Statler, but it's pretty obvious with Ernie.
>>
>>93946285
I thought it was a union thing and the poor guy was caught in the middle of it
Fuck disney and fuck unions
>>
>>93947491
what a fucking bitch
>>
File: Kermit.png (262KB, 489x633px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit.png
262KB, 489x633px
Joel did you download cartoon boobs on /co/ again Joel?
>>
File: BabyJoel.jpg (6KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
BabyJoel.jpg
6KB, 210x230px
>>93948498
"n- no dad"
>>
I'm beyond pissed, what can we do about this? Is there a petition we can sign? Videos to down vote?
>>
>>93948585
>Is there a petition we can sign?
https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-make-steve-whitmire-a-muppet-again
>>
>>93948585
I say just let them burn. Even Walt knew bad acting could screw one over. Time they get bit hard including the Henson company which seems to have lost its way.
>>
File: 604.png (22KB, 381x205px) Image search: [Google]
604.png
22KB, 381x205px
>yfw you actually liked the NUppets
>>
>>93947491
Descendents are fucking awful and usually greedy i.e. Kirby's, Siegel and Shuster's, the estate of Arthur Conan Doyle, etc.
>>
>>93948902
You liked THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BetgJuD1NA
>>
>>93946616
Damn Pat's was a wreck but I still found her irresistible as a child...
>>
>>93948994
>Kirby's
Kirby's actual children sure, but his grandson is pretty cool.
>>
>>93948994
Reason Batman and Superman are kinda piecemeal in some ways nowadays.
>>
>>93949010
yes, uncle deadly had some hilarious jokes
I'll admit some characters were pretty much out of character, also the focus was all over the place but it had some pretty great moments nonetheless
>>
>>93949141
One character with good jokes does not a good show make.
>>
>>93949173
not saying its a good show, but its enjoyable enough for people to like it
you try watching paul gauntlet and tell me there's people that would like that, now that, that is a godawfully unlikeable show
>>
>>93949244
>its enjoyable enough for people to like it

Is that why it hemorrhaged viewers to the point of cancellation? It was a mediocre at best show, the showrunner was sacked halfway into the season and their replacement tried to salvage things but it was already too late by then.
>>
>>93949366
they just asked me a question and I answered it, don't know what else you want here lol
>>
>>93948994
>Descendents are fucking awful and usually greedy
Two words: Brian Herbert
>>
>the muppets struggle this hard to be new and fresh

They're classic characters but they just don't fit with anything anymore.

This idea sounds good on paper but it's kind of cringeworthy. I did always like people taking them seriously like individuals though
>>
>>93946448

That's 100% a sign it was something personal and they needed an excuse. Normies do this all the time. They make up rules as they go along that never applies to themselves and only works that one time getting rid of that one person.

I hope this guy sues the shit of them.
>>
>>93949467
>Normies do this all the time
>Normies
You are fucking ADORABLE!
>>
>>93949467
>suing Disney
>>
>>93948397
>both sides are equally bad!
I guarantee he was in the union, there was no "middle" for him.
>>
>>93949467
Maybe SAG-AFTRA will do something (I hope)?
>>
>>93948397
Yeah fuck workers for having protection! Disney wanting to force Steve to record overtime for less pay is just as bad as not wanting to do that!

An upboat for you, my redpilled 'pede sir!
>>
File: brianhenson-092316.jpg (1MB, 2071x3304px) Image search: [Google]
brianhenson-092316.jpg
1MB, 2071x3304px
>>93947491
The Henson family is dead to me, I hope all their future projects fail. Fuck em.

Reposting this from the other thread.

Things have taken a turn for the worse, Brian actually joined in the shitflinging and has thrown Steve under the bus as well. How big a cheque did Disney give them, holy shit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/arts/television/kermit-the-frog-disney-firing.html

>“He played brinkmanship very aggressively in contract negotiations,” said Lisa Henson, president of the Jim Henson Company, and Jim Henson’s daughter, in a telephone interview.

>Ms. Henson said Mr. Whitmire was adamantly opposed to having an understudy for his role, which presented problems when it came to what she called “B-level performances, such as a ribbon-cutting.” She said he was unwilling to appear on some of these occasions but also refused to develop an understudy and that he “blackballed young performers” by refusing to appear on the show with them.

>Brian Henson, the company’s chairman and Jim Henson’s son, said that while Mr. Whitmire’s Kermit was “sometimes excellent, and always pretty good,” things changed when he was off set.

>“He’d send emails and letters attacking everyone, attacking the writing and attacking the director,” he said. .”

>In a reflection of Disney’s determination to undercut Mr. Whitmire, executives there also arranged an interview for a Times reporter with a producer on a Muppets-related project who expressed the same criticisms as the Henson family. The producer declined to speak for attribution, however.

For Mr. Whitmire, who didn’t respond to the criticisms leveled by the Hensons or Disney, this is the end of a professional journey that has occupied his entire adult life. His bond with the Muppets began when, at age 10, he wrote a letter to Mr. Henson asking questions about puppetry around the same time “Sesame Street” had its premiere.
>>
>>93950233
>that pic
Oh my god, Jim Henson's alive?!
>>
>>93950233
FUCK! Not Brian too...
>>
File: landed nobles.jpg (30KB, 300x337px) Image search: [Google]
landed nobles.jpg
30KB, 300x337px
>>93948994
>Landed nobles are fucking awful and usually greedy
fixed that for you

The copyright and patent system was created to prevent this new form of lowbrow aristocracy from being created!
>>
>>93950233
>Stabbed in the back by even Brian Henson

Something is real fishy about this and it's not Lew Zealand's boomerang fish, did Disney promise they'd fund and distribute a Fraggle Rock movie for them to turn their backs on Steve like that? Real disappointing and I didn't expect Brian to drop this low.
>>
>>93950233
The Disney propaganda machine is all fired up to slander Steve. The sheer venom and hatred from Disney towards everyone who they feel like they own is disgusting to see.
>>
>>93950233
It does seem like they are trying to paint him the worst human being alive, if it were the case of them firing him legit they wouldn't even say a word about it, let him have his say or whatever and move on but the fact that they are pushing for this so hard just gives more credit-ability towards Steve Whitmire.
>>
https://youtu.be/PXBJIZ1NXFU

This story just makes me think of the last few minutes of this damn video.
>>
Steve speaks to Inside Edition:
>http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/24509-kermit-the-frog-voice-actor-abruptly-axed-after-27-years-so-much-hope-is-gone
>>
>>93950233
They are really trying to make him look bad, but the things they are saying... "He refused to open shitty stores at malls and he just constantly attacked our shitty writers!!"

What the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>93950887
What a cunt for not training his own replacement, right?
>>
>>93950870
Holy shit that part with Lisa Henson, what a cold hearted cunt.

"It was a long time coming"
>>
>>93947491

>he had not been not funny

...so he was funny?
>>
>>93946483
Honestly the mockumentary format wasn't even the worst part. The characters just became assholes for no reason.
>>
>>93948902
Your not alone anon.

I mean they'd have to try really hard to make me not enjoy the Muppets, though this situation might just do it.
>>
>>93950990
EXACTLY! "This cunt just wouldn't make things easier for us to replace him. How dare him?!?"
>>
>>93950233
Cheryl, Brian and Lisa all stabbed him in the back. >>93950870 "He had it a long time coming" She said while stuffing her wallet with Disney dollars. This is beyond ridiculous, Steve was only sticking up for what Jim stood for and those three sold his vision and characters out by actually selling out.
>>
>>93951195
>The characters just became assholes for no reason.
That was my biggest problem with it, that and it was missing a little silliness.
There is a noticeable improvement after they changed the showrunner.
>>
>>93950510
At this point, I'm wondering who else is going to join the Steve Slander Train. The Hensons and Disney seem poised to run him out of town. Would they try to convince the other puppeteers to turn on him, or would they refuse?

Hell, with Disney like this, I worry they might try it with other actors or properties.
>>
>>93951389
Frank Oz will stay out of this I'm sure, he blames the original Disney deal for wearing Jim down and being a large contributor to his death.
>>
>>93950233
At this point I just feel for Whitmire.

>get job from hero
>spend all adult life doing it
>be autistic about muppets from age 10, know everything you can
>watch characters get derailed
>try to fix, if autistically
>whatareyoudoingtomylife.jpg
>btfo
>stabbed in the back like ceasar by everyone

feels really bad man.
>>
File: 1419917349566.jpg (13KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1419917349566.jpg
13KB, 242x208px
>>93946285
>I’m actually responsible for Matt having become a part of the Disney Muppets," Whitmire said. "The performers are my brothers, my family of choice. That includes Matt, and the hardest part of this is knowing we probably will never work together again. He’s very talented with the Muppets; he is already performing and he was chosen by Jerry Nelson prior to his death to carry Jerry’s characters forward.

>The hardest part is that I genuinely like both of the executives who chose this action, and that makes this all the more disappointing," he said. "My sadness is over knowing how important it is for the success of the Muppets to have the characters remain consistent and seeing the value of that ignored."

I never thought I'd see the day where the Muppets left me feeling so blue.
>>
>>93950666
>checked
>EL DIABLO!!!!!
trips of truth of the devil. that vid wayyy to real anon.
>>
>>93946285
>and we take our responsibility to protect the integrity of that character very seriously

nigga quit lying the only integrity you care about is how much green that green motherfucker can make you you got antsy because he made fun of the role and all you care about is paper

if all you care about is money at least be honest about who you are that's all i ask
>>
>>93947812
hey, Disney needs a Henson to basically say that they're not fucking up her father's vision, its exactly what they wanted. She'll make a killing. Like when they drag a minority person onto stage and say its the film is wonderful for that minoirty whenever they want to make movie with exotic waifus
>>
>>93947491
>>93946133
Well, we now know who was one of the people asking to fire Whitman.

She probably had a bone to pick with him for a while and jumped at the opportunity with the whole ABC thing

>>93947907
I doubt Disney cares. Their approach to their franchises seems pretty hands off.
>>
>>93951710
Yeah, but all three of them? There must have been some 6-7 figure account to turn all of them against Steve.
>>
>>93948652
>Give Kermit his voice back or I'm sure the fans will speak for him.
Damn.
>>
File: Autistic screaming.jpg (245KB, 1023x540px) Image search: [Google]
Autistic screaming.jpg
245KB, 1023x540px
>>93947491
This actually hurts it's like all justice in the world is gone
>>
>>93947987
okay /co/ this is our chance. /pol/ proved all the fags wrong and memed their god emperor into office. Now its turn. We need to meme Disney out of China by getting their movies blacklisted. Just have Mickey be tank man
>>
>>93951788
Or just a very persuasive discussion.

Major entertainment conglomerates have people on payroll entirely to turn people against one another in content acquisition disputes like this, I'm pretty sure. It's probably cheaper to hire one charismatic dude with no morals to poison the conversation than to bribe everyone.
>>
>>93950233
See now I'm actually kind of glad Creature Shop Challenge didn't get renewed. I liked the show but fuck Brian.
>>
It's not like it really makes a difference, honestly. Disney clearly has no idea what to do with the Muppets and with or without Steve or any of the other veterans Disney's just going to continue struggling to figure out how to use them. They already blew all the goodwill they earned from the 2011 movie, the ABC show pretty much proved to everyone that Disney doesn't understand this franchise. The Muppets are fucked with or without Steve.
>>
>>93951819
I can dig, what you thinking, I don't keep up with Disney shit
>>
>>93951819
That's the thing: we don't have the power /pol/ has. But if we could convince the guys who meme'd a President into office to help get revenge for Disney firing a guy who plays with puppets, then we might have a chance. But good luck convincing them.
>>
File: muppets.jpg (70KB, 381x450px) Image search: [Google]
muppets.jpg
70KB, 381x450px
>>93948902
It wasn't amazing, but, had good moments, like the Testing of the Cannon for The Great Gonzo.

But the show itself made no sense. Piggy has a late night show, everyone, but Kermit and Scooter, and the Band are writers for the show... The fuck.. No... Bring back a show like The Muppet Show, or Muppets Tonight. Where each character has their chance to be themselves.
>>
>>93952109
I mean its China. For all I know there are official pictures of Mickey holding a Taiwanese flag. If Mickey isn't allowed in China, its game over.

Walt Disney was a passionate anti-communist. I doubt China would be particularly happy about that.
>>
>>93950990
>>93951325
It's amazing they would even bring that up, considering the ease with which they replaced him. It'd be different if they were still searching for a replacement, but they fired him back in October and we're just now hearing about it.

These Disney spokesmen are shooting themselves in the foot with every new piece of slander.
>>
File: IMG_0994.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0994.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>93952181
A lot of that comes from stirring the pot in Facebook and Twitter: think up a trendy hashtag and spam it in Twitter to get the normal people aware and angry. Meme warfare is real and it works but it needs a little push and a lot of OC to get going. Co-opting existing memes helps a lot.
>>
>>93952238
Kermit dumping piggy for a new fling
>>
>>93952238
Yolanda was probably the best 'new' character developed on that show (despite being introduced in Muppets Take Manhatten). I really liked her and she was consistently funny.
>>
>>93952304
twitter isn't in China though. Its all Weibo
>>
>>93952181
it's not about individual board power. it's about getting the meme's out there.

make some memes of disney stuff mocking the fuck out of china, post on facebook, twitter, etc. make it funny, spam it everywhere you can. people will pick it up and carry it.
>>
>>93952387
what would be amazing is if we memed Mickey out of China and they were forced to fall back to Oswald as their mascot
>>
File: f46awt.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
f46awt.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>93950233
>>
>>93952442
Then we'd be living in the best of worlds. Ar least in relation to Disney.
>>
>>93952321
Yeah, that was all kinds of fucked up. Not just as an out of character moment, but the idea of being shit on for something he was more than well within his right to do.
>>
>>93952661
It brought out the worst in both characters too. Especially Piggy, since she was always a stuck up diva but she did have humanizing moments that cracked her diva exterior, and Kermit was usually at the center of those moments. The breakup turned her into an insufferable bitch.
>>
File: KermitSteveMeme.jpg (58KB, 500x980px) Image search: [Google]
KermitSteveMeme.jpg
58KB, 500x980px
>>93952387
Here have a new meme to spread. May not be pretty (or about China), but a meme nonetheless.
>>
>>93947987
Do the same thing but with Muppets, see if it catches on with Weibo
>>
>>93952778
aww
>>
File: 1500337252956.jpg (43KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1500337252956.jpg
43KB, 506x556px
>>93946383
>calls out Disney on their bullshit creative decisions
>gets canned immediately

Oy vey
>>
>>93947987
Meme it as anthro porn and South Korea will ban it
>>
>>93946434
They fired him because he disagreed with a line in the script
Holy shit
>>
>>93952387
You need some slightly racist Disney cartoons making fun of the chinese to meme? I got you, /co/. Behold the 1962 classic: A Symposium on Popular Songs (skip to 2:02):
>https://youtu.be/gMpgIYH_kJA?t=2m2s
>>
>>93952994
really? SK doesn't like furries? When Japan invades them it will cause some problems
>>
File: 1500340305347.jpg (46KB, 206x227px) Image search: [Google]
1500340305347.jpg
46KB, 206x227px
>ANOTHER fucking Muppets thread

Fuck you mods I am phoneposting for the rest of my life

The fucking dogshit I have to see here everyday
>>
>>93952778
das bretty gud
>>
>>93953011
that'll just piss off tumblr. We need something like Mickey standing up to the Tank in Tiananman Square
>>
>>93953084
this will be on the front page of reddit tomorrow sadly
>>
>>93947491
She's not completly wrong but to say that is steves fault is retarded.
>>
>>93953126
Anon who made it here: I don't mind as long as it gets spread.
>>
>>93953011
well, that was certainly something
>>
>>93953183
I mean, it's something, I guess. Disney only did really racist stuff during the war, but even then it was against the Germans and the Japanese.
>>
>>93953106
The best part of that would be micky has in fact been to the square before. I think they sent a bunch of men in suits over there once.
>>
File: 1sntjo.jpg (71KB, 647x500px) Image search: [Google]
1sntjo.jpg
71KB, 647x500px
>>93952778
Another dumb one.
>>
>>93952321
And she was hotter.
>>
>>93953251
honestly, it wasn't that racist. that's probably how it looked to an outsider viewing Chinese immigrant culture.

it's just that the modern descendants of said Chinese are really embarrassed and thus try to hide it by calling it "racism."
>>
>>93953481
I'm going to have to ask you to stop doing these in about four or five more
>>
>>93946434
sounds more like whomever was directing/writing the shitty ABC show was the whiny bitch, not Whitmire.
>>
>>93953548
I requested the tank man in the draw thread
>>
>>93947491
It's shitty that a woman says "stop with the pity party!!" when it's happening to a guy who got assroasted by the changing times and lost his decades old job, but then she wants a pity party because she feels what happened is wrong and is trying to get everything back what she wants it to be and is acting dramatic

fucking cunt
>>
>>93953481
9/10 kek
>>
File: 1snuaa.jpg (97KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1snuaa.jpg
97KB, 500x666px
>>93953567
You're not my mom!
>>
>>93947802
I hope not. That would just be too sad for words.
>>
>>93953888
The absolute madman
>>
File: w0uI.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
w0uI.gif
613KB, 498x498px
Reminder if you're going to make OC in the likes of the Winnie the Pooh China ban wagon, make it have the official style. Make Mickey appear as though it was made by Disney, don't get all I'M A FUCKING ARTIST with massive shading and artistic liberties.

The pooh pics appear legit, but even if that's not the main factor, you need to keep the EXACT SAME FORMULA that was used to ban the bear in china.

Also Disney is fucking huge if they fall we might get boned in hell and everything will fuck up, but I think it's time we let it happen.
>>
File: 1snv7f.jpg (86KB, 644x470px) Image search: [Google]
1snv7f.jpg
86KB, 644x470px
>>93953888
I was going to keep these memes clean, but then I ran out of fucks to give
>>
File: ChinesePuppets.jpg (297KB, 1019x706px) Image search: [Google]
ChinesePuppets.jpg
297KB, 1019x706px
>>93951819
>>93952109
>>93952181
>>93952786
>>93952994
That's the secret to meme magic: Any dumb bloke can do it. All you have to do is make it and put it out there.
>>
>>93954444
Nice now replace Xi Jinping with Mickey or Kermit.
>>
>>93954444
Oh, hey, I got quads. Nice, nice; praise Kek and all that jazz.

>>93954514
It's not as simple as replacing people with Disney characters. It helps to have somebody else to compare with one person, like the first images with Xi Jinping and Barack Obama as Winnie The Pooh and Tigger too.
>>
>>93947491
>Implying Steve wrote the scripts
>Implying that Brian asking Steve isn't based on a decision by Jim

Wow, why is she such a cunt?
>>
File: tumblr_men4drfXRu1qe5icro1_400.gif (386KB, 400x493px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_men4drfXRu1qe5icro1_400.gif
386KB, 400x493px
Where did the Pooh pics originate? Who posted them? What site? Where are the images linked to when articles talk about the Chinese seeing them?

Recreate the Pooh Bear event but with Mickey. In case China isn't completely sure on banning such a huge icon, or Disney starts bribing them or negotiating, have about 40% of the OC have both Mickey and a lesser icon like Pooh is involved in the pics.

We have to do it right on the first chance, don't let this shit seep out of 4chan without having the plan ready.
>>
>>93946285
Who cares? He's a fucking puppet voice actor, he's replaceable. Sounds like he couldn't or wouldn't do the job, so they booted him. That's what happens when a someone who's replacable gets uppity, they get replaced.
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: KermitCheryl.png (676KB, 541x1198px) Image search: [Google]
KermitCheryl.png
676KB, 541x1198px
>>93954358
>>
>>93954639
You're thinking too hard, mate. /pol/ didn't have a plan when they memed Trump into office. You try to stick too hard to a plan and you find yourself panicking when it doesn't go as you desired.

Just start making memes and spread them around however you feel.
>>
>>93947690
Actors aren't writers. Writers write the script, actors read it. Thats' their job.Sounds like he got fired for not doing his job.
>>
File: e6hcmxq.jpg (9KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
e6hcmxq.jpg
9KB, 350x350px
>>93954566
>>93954639
http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/03/this-was-the-most-censored-image-in-china-in-2015-5598708/

>It turns out the photo was posted in reference to this 2015 picture of Chinese President Xi Jinping inspecting the troops
>>
File: kermkerm.png (165KB, 299x465px) Image search: [Google]
kermkerm.png
165KB, 299x465px
>>93954713
You're right, but that's because the Trump thing was a unique, new, original vision. We already have a formula out there that has been confirmed to get bans in China, we didn't do that and whoever did already did the "just for funsies" heavy lifting.

If we stray we might fuck up, and if we try to get back on the ball again after the fuck up, the chinese might see it's to GET him banned and that might change their view on the subject.

I'd say give the formula a chance, it's the safest test rather than if we just had fun with it to have the "natural" feel, it might just seem like we're trying to reference the event to be funny rather than it being it's own thing that follows the same coordinates.
>>
>>93947833
How about you look in the mirror, realise how pathetic you are, and stop having delusions of grandeur.
Protip: you are incapable of harming the massive corporation.
>>
File: 1361669713484.png (145KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1361669713484.png
145KB, 300x300px
>>93954694
>>93954701
A double blast of /co/ getting BTFO
>>
>>93954844
You're still putting too much thought into it. Let me repeat myself:

Step one: Create with the intention to destroy.
Step two: Release your creation into the ether.
Step three: Repeat until you either get results or have a different idea.

You don't need anything more strict or specific than that.
>>
>>93954713
/pol/ had shit all to do with Trump, mate. They just like to think they did.
>>
>>93954837
>they have banned memes relating to the president
Great, this makes it so much more simple.

Find a Mickey Mouse OFFICIAL media picture (from a series or movie or a toy) that appears just like an image of their president. Post it as a comparison on Weibo and watch the waters break
>>
>>93954928
Prove that they had nothing to do with Trump. You can't.
>>
>>93954923
>Let me repeat myself:
You don't have to, it was clear you have a laid back view on how to get things done and I have an autistically coordinated view

and that's fine, neither of us are going to be the leaders in this, just pawns

but if either of us were, i'm sure both would have an equal chance, since the world is unpredictable
>>
>>93947650
She may not understand how any of this works.
>>
>>93954872
>How about you look in the mirror, realise how pathetic you are, and stop having delusions of grandeur.
And yet here you are, making fun of people on the internet and thinking you're better than them for being redpilled.
>>
>>93954936
>>93954980
You appear to be retarded, so I'll at least tell you this: Don't bother trying to tear down the Mouse. It won't work. Mickey Mouse is too generic to ever really get banned; Chinese bootleggers will just create new Mickeys.

If you want to fuck with Disney by getting them banned from China, use this wall of upcoming releases as a starting point. But don't say anything unless you have something to actually contribute other than text in a box.
>>
File: DEj8H1aXsAE8HAs.jpg (184KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEj8H1aXsAE8HAs.jpg
184KB, 1080x1080px
>>93954694
>>
>>93954639
I thought we were doing it with kermit
>>
>>93955040
>You appear to be retarded
why the sudden hostility? also this entire thread devolved into EVERYONE doing this, not just me

cunt
>>
>>93955067
Is it the beard? It's the beard, isn't it.
>>
>>93955087
This.
The fuck is the point of getting micky mouse banned.
This should be a show of disaproval for what they did to steve
>>
>>93955121
It's the hands

>>93955142
The people after Mickey being banned are wanted Disney to lose a big market of their money as payback, that'd do more than just the muppets, Mickey is their symbol
>>
>>93955120
>why the sudden hostility?
Because you're being retarded about this. You're also not even contributing to the overall cause other than telling other people that you want things done your way (which you feel is "the right way") because if it ends up being successful then you can brag to all your friends in your Skype chat and/or Discord server that you were a part of the effort despite never actually having done anything yourself.

I shouldn't have used the word "retarded"; you're just a faggot.
>>
>>93955142
Getting shit banned in China is revenge, but it doesn't fix anything. Kermit memes probably won't fix shit, but at least they'll make the public aware of the questionable circumstances of Whitmire's termination.
>>
>>93955142
Mickey would be too difficult, I agree.

It would be much easier to sour China on the Muppets, anyone know if the ABC show aired there? Because that would do the trick.
>>
>>93950233
Jim probably would've destroyed his own company rather than sell if he were still alive, just to spite Disney.
>>
>>93955178

It's not like getting Mickey banned would mean all future movies get banned. You'd probably hit them harder if you got Frozen or something banned instead.
>>
>>93955230
Wasn't Jim working heavily with Disney towards the end of his life? I don't entirely remember, but I think that Jim Henson biography said something about it.
>>
>>93955181
>You're also not even contributing to the overall cause
I'm helping with ideas, like others have been that aren't posting OC but saying what we should do

>which you feel is "the right way"
I just said what I was thinking, later when another person said their way I said that'd work just the same

Also you're blowing this way out of proportion thinking I'd do the skype shit

I can't tell where you decided I'm this thread's designated hitler but it's fine, just ignore me? it was 2 fucking posts, and i was being directly nice in the 2nd and called my self autistic and the other guy laid back, because that's how it was

eat shit if you want to make me the bad guy just because
>>
>>93955225
That would be pointless, though. There are no new Muppets releases, so there's no reason for Disney to give a shit about a ban on their merch.
>>
>>93950233
That sounds insanely set up. Disney knew they had to defend themselves, and this sounds like minor complaints brought up ten notches. Some that doesn't even sound legit.

I'm not saying he's a saint, but it sounds like Whitmire had a craw against the way the Muppets were being written, and Disney wants the machine smooth.
>>
>>93955225
Dohoho
>>93955279
It's a joke about that show being terrible.
>>
File: eat the inside.png (131KB, 498x317px) Image search: [Google]
eat the inside.png
131KB, 498x317px
>>93955181
>being this assblasted because someone said "we should do this, not that"
hey disney, are you going to fire him too?
>>
>>93947743
>Implying Muppet Show Kermit wasn't a genuine dude who was just jaded about running such a crazy show
>>
>>93955230
>>93955260
Yeah, Jim's goal was to sell the company to DIsney (except for Sesame, which would go fully to CTW) and take the burden of running the business side of things off his shoulders and free him to get back to more creative endeavors. And not just doing more puppetry stuff: Jim was going to be involved in the creative side of things across the company. Be Disney's new Walt.

Deal fell apart after his death and Eisner was really annoyed that the Hensons were trying to keep Sesame out of his grubby hands.
>>
>>93955040
>>93955181
You're being the dick here
>>
Get a Chinese speaking anon to make fake subtitles on screenshots taken from a random episode, make it look like Kermit is mocking their president. Post on weibo and that's that.
>>
What the hell did the guy do?
Start a Union and ask for more money for all Disney employees?
>>
>>93955181
You're triggered, anon. Go to bed.
>>
>>93955403
I don't know what it is with you absolute retards but stop over thinking it, make a damn meme picture and that's it

but you're retarded anyway for thinking anything can hurt disney
>>
File: ha_ha.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
ha_ha.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
>Challenge the Mouse
>Get canned
>Get reputation torched
>Will likely never work in entertainment again
>>
>>93955260

They were going to merge with Disney in 1990; until Jim's death, it was such a done deal that they made a special for Magical World of Disney about it. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_JRKsJ_pg

One of the last times Jim played his characters since he died ten days after this aired.
>>
>>93955277
We don't need an ideas guy. You don't become a chaos magician telling people what to do. It's impossible to learn how to plow by reading books. Et cetera.

>>93955312
It's not that it's because he said "we should do this, not that", it's that he says we should do this and not that without putting anything out there to show for it.

>>93955421
I don't think I'm the one who's triggered: >>93955439
>>
>>93955448
To be honest I'm expecting an Illuminati shakedown on the guy

He's in too dep
>>
>>93955461
>We don't need an ideas guy.
Yea fuck him for just putting thoughts down
>it's that he says we should do this and not that without putting anything out there to show for it.
Yea fuck him for having an idea but not immediately giving the OC
>I don't think I'm the one who's triggered
More than one cunt can exist at the same time, and that second post is just a shorter version of what you said before, it seems
>>
>>93955461
>We don't need an ideas guy.
That's your opinion and you're the one saying that it isn't needed but that your opinion is fact.

I said both the ideas were fine and even put myself down just to show I was trying to be chill.

There's no reason to cut my dick off.
>>
>>93955524
>More than one cunt can exist at the same time
Cuntum Physics
>>
You want to harm Disney? Stop going to their shitty cape movies. But you won't do that, you bunch of man babies.

You'll watch Marvel capeshit garbage, you'll go to Star Wars premieres, and you'll watch garbage animated films meant for children and love every second of it.

Enjoy that mouse cock.
>>
>>93947491
>Family and money never end up good together
>>
>>93955597
I watch by the internet
>>
>>93955524
>>93955565
All I want is for you to take a step back, take a deep breath, and make something. Don't say something, make something.

>>93955597
To be fair, Disney has their hands in everything. That's what happens when you're a conglomerate.
We should be glad they haven't extended their reach into the meat production industry.
>>
>>93951374
> in an alternate reality...
a few eps in to season two they camera team stumbled in on them all hanging out and getting along like usual,
They're having their weekly private cast meeting just like they e been doing through the first season.
There they are, calmly planning increasingly stupidly cuntish stuff to do to each other cause they know how reality tv fans get their rocks off and they're scared of losing ratings.
They don't know how much longer they can keep it up, the strain is showing.
Miss piggy is starting to overeat.
Fuzzy is losing his fur.
But they just can't be cancelled again!
>>
>>93946383
You need to be fucking killed.
>>
>Family left behind by boomer generation is bitter that Muppets fizzled on ABC takes it out on "DEPRESSED KERMIT"
>>
>>93955652
So now you're telling me what to do because I said something you personally don't agree with despite you saying that' what I was doing when I even said I was fine with anything in the end.

I can't believe you're this pissed that I said "maybe try--" and didn't do it myself. This is a fucking thread thing with people thinking and doing, but you're telling the thinkers to eat shit and die because they're going to take credit in the end

despite the fact i literally never said anything of the nature or implied i was a leader, i even said the e x a c t opposite
>>
>>93955652
>We should be glad they haven't extended their reach into the meat production industry.
Don't give them ideas.
>>
>>93955709
This would have been hilariously meta; an Office style show where you catch the cast breaking the 4th wall of the already 4th wall broken show.
>>
>>93948902
I watched it, but it felt off the whole time. I actually liked the format, they just needed to stick to the characters better.
>>
>>93955709
>>93955889
Wasn't the show supposed to shift from being a mockumentary style show after the showrunner got dropped?
>>
>>93955597

Hey, I wait for shit to pop up on the internet. Tell it to everyone else.
>>
I don't understand why Disney made the Muppets such jerks, wouldn't it be Disney fashion to keep it safe and cutesy?

The Muppets aren't flexible, they can be for skits but not a revisioning. They're fucking muppets.
>>
>>93956220
>wouldn't it be Disney fashion to keep it safe and cutesy
they greenlit gravity falls and star vs just up and murdered a guy while smiling
walt ain't running the joint no more
>>
>>93947491
>>93951762
>She probably had a bone to pick with him for a while and jumped at the opportunity with the whole ABC thing

Shes been criticizing his Kermit publicly for years.

I remember this old 2008 Youtube video where she really went into it, and sounded almost bitter about it, but it has since been taken down do to a Disney copyright claim. The only thing I could find thats still up where shes talked about his Kermit is this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75XK9Yw06xU

Just skip to 6:50
>>
>>93956516
"Steve could never molest me the way Jim did"
>>
>>93956502
>star vs just up and murdered a guy while smiling
i saw this and god that was obnoxious

>all that "DDAAAYYUUMM STAR! STRAIGHT UP ICE COLD" reception
fans of SU and Star always do that

also Alex said Disney didn't let him do dark shit and what we got was via loopholes, not face value
>>
>>93956579
>i saw this and god that was obnoxious
it's like you hate fun
>>
>>93956592
Don't do that, you fags always do it wrong too

>a """"dramatic"""" killing is fun
and yes, i do hate some kinds of fun if it's retarded
>>
>>93956516
From the PBS special I watched about Henson I wouldn't be surprised if she and the other kids both hate the Muppets and their dad's colleagues since Jim would spend nearly all his time working on his properties in Muppets/Sesame than be home. Jim probably saw his coworkers more than his family and it burns the kids chops when people who worked (and took) all the time their father had claim to have more of Jim's vision in mind than them. The fact Jim died while continuing to work himself over the Muppets also likely didn't help much either, but they got a shit ton of cash from his legacy thanks to an untimely death.

So it's a choice between guy who spent more time with your dad than you versus company that makes you rich off your dad's life passion.
>>
>>93956624
That's what I'm thinking, if they could sack Steve, who's to say they won't go more powermad and sack the others too?
>>
>>93955020
No, he's right. You're the pathetic piece of shit trying to take down a massive corporation with angry words on an anonymous anime message board.

Grow the fuck up.
>>
Remember that embarrassingly bad "adult muppets" show last year
>>
>>93956624
Brian and Lisa got more involved in the business though. Shoot, selling off the Muppets to Disney, but wanting to still stay independent was all about them wanting to do more artsy or adult puppetry stuff that Disney would never let them do under their watch, but those things either ended up being small scale projects that never got anywhere big because of the stigma of puppetry being seen as just for kids and how CG killed off puppetry for years and we're only now seeing a small resurgence in practical stuff.
>>
>>93956773
No, that's why no one is talking about it in this thread
>>
>>93947833

Honestly I can't blame Disney as a whole, only the jerks who were in charge of firing him.
>>
>>93956624
>Jim probably saw his coworkers more than his family
well look what little shits they turned out to be, can you blame him
>>
I don't normally abide such things, but this is as good a thread theme as any:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU
>>
>>93956624
Well when you put it like that I can kind of understand why they did it.
>>
>>93954778
That's not how the Henson puppeteers do it though. Those characters, from the voice and way they talk to their mannerisms, ARE the puppeteer.
>>
File: elmodie.jpg (95KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
elmodie.jpg
95KB, 600x612px
Reading all of this makes me really want to watch a movie where it's muppets playing corporate goons who argue about the future of their puppet franchise of actual Hollywood A-listers. Shit would be great.
>>
File: jimandkermit.jpg (106KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
jimandkermit.jpg
106KB, 500x636px
stan lee took his soul

walt disney took his dreams

he has nothing left for us to remember him by
>>
>>93957512
muh feelings im a poor woman with daddy issues time to fire the guy who my dad worked with by choice and ruin any future he may have in the industry he loves so much

but im not gonna stop there, im gonna bitch moan and slam my feet and go eve further and insult him personally and make up shit, while in the process get money from disney and aid in their fight
>>
File: 1318131034601.jpg (266KB, 604x527px) Image search: [Google]
1318131034601.jpg
266KB, 604x527px
>>93948144
>>93948220
These comments tho.
>>
>>93946285
>(((unnacceptable business conduct)))
>unions
>>
>>93959566
>These comments tho.
grow up kid
>>
>>93954444
>>93954566
>Quads
>Then Dubs

Thou art the Avatar of His Power.
>>
>>93956220
>Muppets are for kids

No, they were for everyone but mainly an adult audience their first pilot was even called Sex and Violence
>>
>>93960053
>>Muppets are for kids
i didn't say that
>>
>>93960109
Disney just went into extremes with the movies being too cutesy and then the show being too crass, the Muppets should have wit to them and banter as opposed to just snark.

Whatever Piggy would dish out Kermit would fire back with great banter and Piggy would knock it off with a well placed karate chop, their dynamic was based off Jim and Frank Oz they could sometimes be at each other throats but still loved the shit out of each other.
>>
>>93960158
It comes from a place of not understanding the characters Jim created, which is the same thing he faced when he was first pitching the Muppet Show in America. Nobody would have it, who would want a more adult oriented variety show with puppets from the guy that made Sesame Street and it wasn't until Jim went to the UK to meet with Lew Grade that it was even picked up.
>>
File: steve5-300x246.jpg (17KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
steve5-300x246.jpg
17KB, 300x246px
>>93950233
It just dawned on me, with the way the Henson's threw Steve under the bus that would mean they'd recast him as Wembley as well then.
>>
>>93947987
All right, first thing's first. We need a translator.
>>
File: muppets31.jpg (591KB, 2434x1622px) Image search: [Google]
muppets31.jpg
591KB, 2434x1622px
>>93946434
the abc muppets show was comfy comedy kino, i miss it every fucking day
>>
>>93961288
>kino
of course you'd like it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIVEiALFXq4
>>
>>93954975
>P-prove the negative
Go back to summer school retard.

or better yet, Prove that they did. You can't.
>>
File: rip.jpg (63KB, 335x499px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
63KB, 335x499px
>>93947491

pretty crazy how the disney mob can turn people against you so easily
>>
>>93961630
https://youtu.be/CTqCVJW2qOw

"I love you."
>>
>edgy anti-cap jerkoff session #999
>>
>>93962290
Wut?
>>
>>93962428
>a bloo bloo bloo muh artists do no wrong muh ebil corporations FUCK DISNEY
>>
>>93962447
How is it edgy to criticize a corporation if you think that they're taking actions you find unethical?
>>
>>93962485
because when every action is considered unethical, none of them are
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (76KB, 1902x812px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
76KB, 1902x812px
>>93954778
Actors, especially ones who have played their character before and so can demonstrate a potentially greater understanding of the role than the writer, have always given suggestions during production. These are collaborative works.
>>
>>93956516

So, she is just bitter about her father's death, and views Steve as the person who stole his image. Her hate could have been for anybody taking the part, because this happened during a time associated with his death and became a psychological wound for her. I get losing a loved one, but she is being childish emotionally living in the past concerning business. She will never escape her demons like that.
>>
>my brother chose him
>president of the company at the time

Sounds legit to me. If she wants to heal she needs to give Steve a public apology, and maybe work on a project with him as Kermit in honor of her father. She has to realize that Steve isn't replacing her father, but honoring his memory through his actions. She has no criticism with his performance as much as she is suffering from loss that created a psychological schism in her.
>>
>>93962556
>Actors, especially ones who have played their character before and so can demonstrate a potentially greater understanding of the role than the writer

this is what people who are not actors actually believe

>guy reading lines understands the character more than the guy who MADE THE CHARACTER
>>
>>93962695

She didn't make the character, and her own brother who was the president chose this guy. It's safe to say her brother has as much experience with her father as she does.
>>
>>93962495
But I don't consider every action unethical
>>
>>93962713
4chan anticaps consider every action they don't like to be unethical
>>
>>93962695
>>guy reading lines understands the character more than the guy who MADE THE CHARACTER
But in the case of the Muppets show and my pic related the writer didn't make the character. Film and television are a director's medium, and if an actor suggest something that the director likes better than what's in the script, it happens. Not to pretend that actors do most of the writing or anything, and it obviously depends on the setting how much this is acceptable, but to say that an actor attempting to rewrite lines is is them not doing their job is just ignorant.
>>
>the only Henson kid that could stick up for Steve is John and he died of a fucking heart attack
>>
>>93961735
It would make for one hell of a book
>>
>>93954872

t. bob iger
>>
File: 1495587664850.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495587664850.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
>you don't live in the timeline where Jim Henson saw the doctor a week earlier
>you don't live in the timeline where the Muppets were gracefully retired rather than get turned into twisted extensions of the Mouse

As sad as I am that they're treating people of integrity like shit, I'm more sad that we just expect there to be more Muppets all the time.

I don't want annual iterations of Muppet movies, and if the ABC show is the best they could do, I don't want more of that either.
>>
>>93960722
At the Puppets for Puppetry event, Wembley was performed by Kevin Clash, so he's probably Steve's replacement.
>>
File: p249w.gif (1006KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
p249w.gif
1006KB, 360x202px
>>93963224
>>
>>93963314
>Stan Lee hasn't died yet
WHY
>>
>>93963059
Who says he wouldn't say the same shit as his siblings?
>>
File: 1458780768199.jpg (27KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
1458780768199.jpg
27KB, 592x448px
>Jim was a huge advocate for love and peace, along with creativity
>His kids are fucking faggots that squeeze the Muppets for everything they're worth with no regards to their father's legacy
>>
File: 1491067987836.png (18KB, 560x645px) Image search: [Google]
1491067987836.png
18KB, 560x645px
>>93964125
Christian Scientists, bro. Some of the finest people in the world with some of the worst kids.

t. my dad is a Christian Scientist
>>
>>93955185
Getting Marvel movies banned in China would be a way to keep them from changing crap just so their movies would be allowed in China.
Well also revenge, and all of this kinda funny in general. I mean "Look, their president resembles Pooh!" "Not cool, your chalacter is BANNED flom China!"
>>
Still waiting on a bunch of edgy comics of Mickey doing something horrible to Kermit.
>>
>>93964205
requesting Mickey choking Kermit with a shoestring, killing his voice
>>
The only way disney could do the muppets justice now is to kill off kermit and make a sobering movie about the muppets reacting to kermits death and breaking up for the 7th and final time.

Or they could bring steve back and uncancel the show except good this time.
>>
>>93963305
>actual disgraced puppeteer is back at work
>Steve got sacked for disagreeing where the characters were headed and getting stuck in the middle of union bullshit
>>
>Making Kermit cry

What happened to America? You turned so cold.
>>
>>93964603
The Muppets has been a few years of good spirits punctuated by genuine tragedy for years now.

People think it's been downhill since Jim died. They haven't seen Muppets from Space recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7MifCUPOsY
>>
>>93964639
Muppets from Space was mediocre, the opening scene was the only good part of it.
>>
>>93961630
Yeah, they really made Kermit so cynical and angry, didn't they.
>>
>>93964677
They did on the ABC show
>>
>>93964669
Its built around the weakest but most common type of story these days, where you take a character with a vague background and actually address the vague background.

We always knew Gonzo was a freak from nowhere. Actually saying "lol he's an alien" because the X-Files were big at the time just makes all the other stuff less interesting in retrospect.

Can't wait for that Han Solo movie though.
>>
>>93964677
>Steve Whitmire takes his Kermit puppet out to greet kids
>hey little guy, have you ever read any Bukowski?
>here, have a cigarette, I'm gonna go get a drink
>lets talk about the lie we call society later
>>
>>93964707
The writers did. That's what baffles me about it. Like, didn't Steve have a problem with that? Shouldn't he and the Henson kids be on the same page about this?
>>
It always feels like the Muppets could be making a real comeback and making something great but they always get stuck with shitty writers.
>>
>>93964851
Read over what was posted in this thread, that's exactly what Steve tried going up against >>93946434 >>93947690 and it cost him his job and ABC a show that nobody wanted to watch.
>>
>>93964851
Steve did have a problem with it, and his regular complaints added to Disney dropping him.

Brian Henson hasn't commented yet, Cheryl has her own position and seems to see him as an interloper in the family business, and John died a few years ago. King Lear, man, the kids aren't all going to have the same idea of how to honor their father's legacy and keep the business going.
>>
>>93964793
>Someone gets fired
>lol whatever

>Disney fires someone
>Next 15 years will be plagued by endless WHERES KERMIT???
>>
>>93964951
Brian did comment though >>93950233 and he threw Steve under the bus.

This is a pretty basic smear campaign. Think about it. If you are an underdog company like Henson, what would you do? Side with an employee, or a potential collaborator and employer with billions of dollars? It's no secret that the Henson Company is a sinking ship. Of course they're not going to take Whitmire's side.
>>
>>93964951
>>93964950
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It seems really fishy, doesn't seem to add up. Why are they attacking Steve for something he himself is against? Do they not understand how WRITERS work?
>>
It's a fucking puppet, dude. You didn't make the puppet. Stop being an autist and train a replacement, you're getting old and when your voice goes it will just be sad.
>>
>>93965015
Muppets should just die instead of being driven to the ground by Disney.
>>
>>93964964
Disney is a business and their business decisions tend to be anti-creator. They want people to treat their movies and shows as just another product, because it shields them from criticism when they people like disposable assets rather than important parts of the creative process.

Personally I think the Henson brand needs to either reinvent itself or retire. Jim was always introducing new concepts and trying new things, but for the last 25 years the model has been to continue or reboot existing Henson properties. It's basically just going to be cycles of new Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal and Muppets from now on because they can't afford to take risks without a visionary in charge.

I mean shit, most of us are adult-ass men.
>>
>>93964964
Please, this will be forgotten about in 5 weeks.
>>
>>93965030
>Disney is a business and their business decisions tend to be anti-creator

Nonsense, they even gave Andrew Stanton another chance despite John Carter being the single most expensive marketing disaster on the planet.
>>
>>93965054
Until a new Muppet project comes out and is inevitably greasy and badly conceived. Then people will ask "why aren't the Muppets good anymore" and the answer will come down to "because they got rid of anyone who had a personal investment in them".

Disney would have fired Mark Hamill after his shit if they could have gotten away with it. They'd rather have a stable full of interchangeable workers than a few artists, because then shit like this doesn't happen.
>>
File: IMG_2456.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2456.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
http://io9.gizmodo.com/no-one-looks-good-in-the-ugly-drama-surrounding-kermit-1797013930

>Two sources with knowledge of the situation described a very different Steve Whitmire to Gizmodo, one who thought of himself as untouchable, invaluable, and the only one able to channel the spirit of Jim Henson.

>“He’s saying he’s been trying to give advice to Disney for years, but on more than one occasion—even once to me personally—he’s said the last few years have felt like the good old days again. So either he’s exaggerating the truth now, or he lied then,” one source told Gizmodo over Skype. “People think he left Sesame Street to focus on The Muppets. He was actually fired for demanding too much money.”

>In the past, some of Whitmire’s demands have allegedly included higher pay than the other performers, first-class flights to and from his home in Atlanta, and a puppeteer’s salary for his wife who acts as his manager, according to one source. Potentially for these reasons, Muppets Studio later amended its initial comments to the press with a second statement, writing, “We raised concerns about Steve’s repeated unacceptable business conduct over a period of many years and he consistently failed to address the feedback.”
>>
>>93946434
>Hey. Can you guys not fuck with the Muppet formula with a shitty cashin on the mockumentary stuff like The Office and Parks and Rec. I've been doing this since the show started a long before your company acquired it. It's not gonna work

>How dare you tell us what to do with the property we bought solely to make money off of. Clearly you don't understand how things work and need to be fired. We know what we're doing because the charts say mockumentary shows and nostalgia are hip with the millennials. So combining both will surely bring in more viewers

>Show is a big flop and quickly canceled because no one gives a shit a mockumentary style Muppet show where the Muppets deal with "real life situations."
>>
>>93956769
Lol shut the fuck up loser
>>
>>93965101
Because Andrew Stanton wasn't in charge of marketing. The blame was compartmentalized to individual departments.

If he'd gone on Twitter and shit all over everyone involved, he'd be gone in a minute. Look at Trank after Fantastic Four.

I don't want to be cynical, it's that business model that made Disney the most powerful company in the industry. Not everyone can be Laika.
>>
>>93954778
You do know that actors can also bring in insight since they're, you know, portraying the character.
>>
>>93965111
What'd Mark Hamill do?
>>
>>93965125
>and the only one able to channel the spirit of Jim Henson.

Given how the other writers seemed to treat the materiel, I can see where he got the idea.

Leave it to Disney to flood the discussion with people saying "lol no one's the good guy" though.
>>
>>93965172
Said some shit about how Episode VIII was treating Luke, and he was kind of open about VII feeling pretty compromised.

I don't think he shitposted in everyone's email though. That might be the difference.
>>
>>93965125
>Linking to a Gawker site
>>93964990
>This is a pretty basic smear campaign. Think about it. If you are an underdog company like Henson, what would you do? Side with an employee, or a potential collaborator and employer with billions of dollars? It's no secret that the Henson Company is a sinking ship. Of course they're not going to take Whitmire's side.

And now suddenly there's "sources" knocking on these gossip site doors about him allegedly demanding more money? I'm not buying it, not one bit.
>>
>>93964990
What are the odds we suddenly see a collaboration with Disney on the new Dark Crystal project, or Fraggle Rock on a Disney channel?
>>
>>93965221
>and he was kind of open about VII feeling pretty compromised

I don't understand what this means.
>>
>>93965363
It means he bitched about it being ANH again
>>
>>93965363
He thought it was a lame rehash of existing ideas and was pissed off that Han never saw Luke again.
>>
>>93965397
>>93965401
Still /ourboy/ I see. How can one person be so fucking based?
>>
>>93965172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWSsjhHA0IM
>>
File: ms_mh03.jpg (307KB, 839x664px) Image search: [Google]
ms_mh03.jpg
307KB, 839x664px
>>93965458

>you better watch your ass, Mark
>>
>>93965458
Disney failed. The Expanded universe lives on. They tried to erase it, but it will never be truly gone.

In 10 years, people will be like "force awakens who?" while reading the new Yuuzhan Vong novel.
>>
>>93964205
Well there's Rat-Fink.
>>
>>93965499
Mark has the authority to make people Jedi, right? He should make Kermit a Jedi.
>>
>>93965520
>Yuuzhan Vong novel.
Let's not talk crazy here. Some parts of the EU deserve to erased, the Vong especially.
>>
File: kermie.jpg (21KB, 499x467px) Image search: [Google]
kermie.jpg
21KB, 499x467px
>>93965541
He's too tainted by the dark side.
>>
>>93965499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIP8NsLqo8o
>>
>>93965562
The execution wasn't 10/10 but at least it was something new instead of another superweapon.

I loved the Hellraiser aesthetics too, because it shows how fundamentally different creatures not of the force are.
>>
>>93961724
Not him but I would argue that hundreds of thousands of shitposters from /pol/ and rebbit (the donald) had a lot to do with the spreading of the wikileaks information through the corners of the internet. I would also argue that propaganda and pushing your narrative works to build a network and community. Debating centrists onto why Hillary was worse than Trump (whether you believe that to be true or not), helped win the election. Did /pol/ do all the work? Fuck no. Did they help Trump win? No fucking shit. Just like SJWs who have continuously brought upon their resentment because of continued stupidity and unabashed regressive ideology, any group of people can help push their own narratives into fruition - including meming a president into office.
>>
File: 1305867529696.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1305867529696.gif
1MB, 320x232px
>>93965609
>>93965499
Now I want a proper Star Wars/Muppets crossover.
>>
>>93965101
>they even gave Andrew Stanton another chance despite John Carter being the single most expensive marketing disaster on the planet
The marketing division at Disney cut "of Mars" off the title of the move because when "Mars Needs Moms" bombed spectacularly, the suits' explanation was

get this

"Mars" is a bad word for marketing a movie title

The niggers covered their own asses and doomed a good movie just to push an internal narrative instead of firing the people who greenlit an absolute disaster.

Welcome to Disney where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.
>>
>>93965520
>The Expanded universe lives on.
Wookkiepedia doesn't count.
>>
>>93965699
I thought the title change was more like "We can't have anyone thinking this is a sequel to Mars Needs Moms and people are that stupid"
>>
>>93954872

Oy vey, the disneyshills are out in force
>>
>>93965564
So... I guess this makes him Darth Croak?

I'll see myself out.
>>
>>93965746
No, they literally blamed the name of a planet for MNM's failure and to avoid looking like liars internally, had the only important word in a subsequent movie title removed.

I wish your theory were the actual reason, it's still horrible but marginally more palatable.
>>
>>93965244
I can see it happening
>>
>>93965802
What a bunch of fucking morons
>>
File: Ki_MNM.jpg (71KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
Ki_MNM.jpg
71KB, 640x414px
>>93965802
To be fair, I don't see what else could've caused JESUS CHRIST

OH MY GOD

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE
>>
>>93965125
>lel we have info on what really happened but we're gunna remain anonymous cause lol we might not have been there
Gotta love Disney leeches
>>
>>93965880
Horror has a face. And we must make ma friend of horror.

>>93965863
Executives get their jobs by being connected, not being smart.
>>
>>93948098
just watch The Fuzz TV show from 2014

It's Who Framed Roger Rabbit meets Zootopia but with puppets
>>
>>93965880
Children actually cried at this movie and not from sad parts. It's going to be remembered only in listicles about disasters.

And yeah, someone saved their shitty career by blaming a word.
>>
>>93965880
This is up there with Son of the Mask level of WHAT THE FUCK!
>>
>>93954778
>I don't understand how anything really works
>>
File: son-of-the-mask-19.jpg (94KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
son-of-the-mask-19.jpg
94KB, 432x288px
>>93966315
Son of the what? I don't remember anything wrong about NO

NOOOOOOO

IT LOOKS LIKE EARTHWORM JIM FROM THAT BALLOON LEVEL
>>
green never looked so blue
>>
>>93965125

>Sources with knowledge

There it is.
>>
>>93966576
>io9
>gizmodo
>gawker
>sources with knowledge

Yeah okay
>>
>>93962695
>guy makes character
>guy teaches actor about character so actor understand character and plays them right
>new movie/show, different writter
>actor knew creator, understand character, tries to tell new writer about character
>new writer calls actor an ignorant ass, tells him to play what he writes
>lel, stupid actors, what do they know about characters they've spent years playing?
>>
>>93965125
Everyone shat the bed here albeit not necessarily equally.

Whitmire took his role as a puppeteer and expanded it into defender of the faith, a role that belonged to the Hensons. He refused to train an understudy (which the rest of the puppeteers had done) as though that were job security, made his spouse his manager (CoIs everywhere), and irritated executives who expected him to be an actor, not an IP owner.

The Hensons squandered the chances to keep the Muppets from becoming bland shit and were reactive when they needed to be proactive. Brian (who selected Whitmire to replace his father) had the opportunity to tell Whitmire at the outset that he was a performer and not there to channel Jim, his talent was respected but he could be replaced just like anyone else. They NEVER should have gone public about grievances they had with Whitmire and this has compromised their relationship to the puppeteers they still have as well as what overall perceived professionalism they have. Considering how few successes they've had with original IP, this isn't smart.

Disney did a poor job at the point of acquisition of letting the crew understand what kinds of corporate cultural changes the acquisition brought and that this wasn't Jim's or Brian's shop any more. I say this because no one appears to dispute Whitmire's claim that their two objections hadn't been raised before. They inherited an organization used to thinking of itself as a family and that needed to be ended.

The disgusting part about all of this is that Kermit the Frog was used as a weapon by multiple parties to justify their decisions. The performers who originated their characters are mostly dead or gone and the remainder are passionate but have a less personal stake in what effectively belong to the Hensons and Disney. That's sad but even Jim wanted to sell before he died.
>>
>>93966854
>The disgusting part about all of this is that Kermit the Frog was used as a weapon by multiple parties to justify their decisions.
>>
>>93965172
Mark has always been a big star was fan and was a fan of the EU (I mean, he gets to be head of a Jedi order, have a hot Red head assassin wife, and go on epic adventures and saves the galaxy). When Disney bought Lucasfilm, the agreement was they were going to keep the EU canon and episodes 7,8,9 were going to be based off a script that would work with present canon (hence the 4 billion price tag). Mark signed up to the movies with the understanding that the franchise he loved and the character he played were going to be represented as they were known to millions of fans.

Then Abrams comes on, scraps absolutely everything except the OT, derails every single character from the movies that shows up, and turns Luke from bad ass married father and galactic leader into fuck all failure hermit and doesn't even let him talk in the first movie.

Needless to say, Mark is FUCKING pissed, and after the disaster of a story and deal episode 7 was, he's been less and less willing to hide it.
>>
>>93965458
based mark
>>
>>93965562
now, let's be fair, no one enjoyed New Jedi Order.

but for the time...it did fit. 9/11 just happened, the world was falling apart, and the EU tried to deal with that feeling by having the entire galaxy get btfo'd.

they did take it way too far at some points, but one thing you can't say was it was unoriginal and that it kept the status quo. No franchise I know ever went as far or destructive as the NJO did, and it had lasting consequences for everyone.
>>
>>93962695

Guy who read lines as the character for almost 30 years sure as hell understands it better than some new writer from Disney that had nothing to do with 90 percent of the franchise's history and probably just wants a paycheck from his Mouse overlords.

If he was giving Jim Henson shit about Kermit, then yeah he'd have less of a leg to stand on but that's not the case.
>>
>>93966956
>When Disney bought Lucasfilm, the agreement was they were going to keep the EU canon

Provide a source contradicting every one I've read which says the opposite, because I'd love to believe you but I'm even reading that Lucas was opposed to EU being canon (and if so that probably informed the decision to jettison it).
>>
>>93949440
Never allow your family to carry on your work, have a contest at most between writer picked by your friends and allow them access to your notes.
Or just let everyone have the rights.
>>
>>93967885
>Never allow your family to carry on your work
If they were your apprentices and you saw them embodying your values, make an exception but otherwise get a literary executor you aren't related to.
>>
>>93967885
I dunno man, I've seen Gladiator.
>>
>>93965101
>John Carter being the single most expensive marketing disaster on the planet.
What happened?
>>
>>93964725
>Can't wait for that Han Solo movie though.
Right after killing him off in that bullshit... screw that.
>>
>>93968238
Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote "John Carter of Mars," the seminal "shrewd American becomes fish out of water" story reused many times since, Disney bought the film rights and then marketed it as JOHN CARTER without mentioning the planet once and choppy, worthless trailers that gave no real concept of the story.

Scroll up to see WHY Disney truncated the film's name.
>>
>>93947954
I guess all you can do is let the actor know personally. Twitter or something, whatever he's got.

"It's not you man but this shit ain't right"
>>
File: 1499481953674.jpg (60KB, 346x440px) Image search: [Google]
1499481953674.jpg
60KB, 346x440px
>>93953037
>Like nigga, just close your eyes, just walk away from the screen
>>
>>93954897
T. Mouse shill
>>
>>93963305
>At the Puppets for Puppetry event, Wembley was performed by Kevin Clash, so he's probably Steve's replacement.

Wait, Kevin Clash is still allowed to work on Henson-related stuff? Even after he molested all those kids?
>>
>>93951594
Jesus.

Like, I'm trying my level best to remain objective here, and at least assume that the other side might have some credibility, but it's really hard to read stuff like this and see what the point of any of this was. The comments from the Henson family just make it that much more upsetting. It's hard to look at all this with a clear head.

But mostly
>>93966854
seems to hit closest to the mark from my estimation. There's fault to be shared, I'm sure. There's no paragons and villains to be had here - even Steve said he actually genuinely liked the people who were involved in his removal - but there's a lot of bad behavior and this has the potential to get way out of hand now.
>>
>>93948153
>and in turn he was handpicked by Jerry Nelson to do his Muppet characters as well (Floyd Pepper, Uncle Deadly, Robin and Lew Zealand).
real talk, how often does he have to perform Uncle Deadly or Lew Zealand
>>
>>93969247
>real talk, how often does he have to perform Uncle Deadly or Lew Zealand

Deadly had large roles in the 2012 film and the ABC series. Much bigger parts than he ever had before.

Lew has fallen into obscurity, though.
>>
>>93965111
>Then people will ask "why aren't the Muppets good anymore" and the answer will come down to "because they got rid of anyone who had a personal investment in them".
No the narrative is going to be "they were never going to be good, it was just nostalgia all along".

And you know what, I don't buy that, I don't think that's true. The Muppets always seemed to thrive in a late night TV setting, and those are going stronger than ever these days. If they'd gone with a mock late night talk show instead of that mock The Office deal I bet they could have had a better time of it. Someone said they basically should have just made 30 Rock.
>>
>>93969237
>even Steve said he actually genuinely liked the people who were involved in his removal

On my first reading I assumed he meant some Disney suits, but it's a lot more likely he actually meant Brian and one or more of his sisters. I think Whitmire's got an understandable cognitive dissonance going on where he literally can't bring himself to blame the children of "[his] hero" for anything so he deflects it onto Disney. This could change now that he doesn't work for/with them any more, but for right now he'd rather treat them as shadowy memories of Jim while they pretty clearly don't share that perspective.
>>
File: alien ass.png (224KB, 287x384px) Image search: [Google]
alien ass.png
224KB, 287x384px
>>93965880
Just put a bag over it.
>>
>Tfw you know in your heart of hearts that if Jim Henson had lived a full life he'd be in the same boat as George Lucas these days.

... I guess that it wouldn't be all that different all things considered, though.
>>
Saying goodbye, going away, sometimes goodbye is such a hard thing to say.
>>
I just know that they chose Matt Vogel to take over for Kermit.
This means he's Big Bird, The Count, Floyd, Robin, Uncle Deadly, Constantine, and now Kermit? That's way too much on the fucker's plate. He can't juggle that many roles.
>>
>>93969651
The point of Jim Henson's deal with Disney was for Disney to take in the characters and financial side of things (some of his company employees were exploiting his good will to the point where they'd take vacations in his name and entirely on the company's costs) while Jim would solely create content again, that's what he wanted for the Muppets only the negotiations with Disney were doing his head in and he referred to it as "That God damn deal" which people were taken aback by as Jim would never swear. It's a large part of his health taking a hit as well, he was such a workaholic that he shrugged it off as just a cold.

Thoe deal was shelved with the rights staying with the Henson family, aside from Muppet Vision the Disney Park expansion featuring Muppets was shelved as well.

Without Jim they made two amazing Muppet movies, a late night Muppets Show that actually did well and Jim's concept for Dinosaurs was made into a show. They started failing in the 2000s and weren't able to recover from a rushed production of Muppets from Space, so they saved themselves by selling The Muppets entirely to Disney in 2004.
>>
>>93969924
>It's a large part of his health taking a hit as well, he was such a workaholic that he shrugged it off as just a cold.

Bullshit, man. Jim was raised as a Christian Scientist and refused to ever see a doctor under any circumstances. His death was a result of his own superstition and ignorance.
>>
For the second time in the history of the Muppets, Kermit loses his voice and it'll probably take new blood a good 9 years like Whitmire did to be comfortable preforming the frog.

But we're also losing characters Steve made his own. Lips, who FINALLY fucking got character, is getting recast, OR dropped. Rizzo. Foofoo? Well, Foofoo can easily be recasted.

But then there's Sprocket and Wembley,
>>
>>93965789
Fozzie would be proud.
>>
File: BeanBunny-Portrait.jpg (593KB, 1926x1945px) Image search: [Google]
BeanBunny-Portrait.jpg
593KB, 1926x1945px
>>93969990

Oh no! Whatever will become of Bean Bunny!?!

But for real, I can never forgive Steve for creating this cancer-tier character and then forcing him into every piece of Muppets media imaginable in the late 80s/early 90s. This little fucker is the Scrappy Doo of Muppets and his existence is all Steve's fault.
>>
>>93947556
>Just leave them be

September 20, 2005:
>The company is working to bring back many of the original Fraggle Rock cast and crew for this project. There is no exact information on who is “on board” at this time, however some rumblings say that Jerry Juhl, Jocelyn Stevenson, Brian Henson, Cheryl Henson, Lisa Henson (among others) have met to discuss the project on several occasions.

Jocelyn was exec producing something like 3 series at once for HiT. Jerry was in the final stages of pancreatic cancer, and died from complications 6 days after this announcement. I'm sure they both dropped everything to discuss penning a 90 minute script over linguini for Jim's fuckup kids.
>>
Sounds like Disney wants a line-reader. That sounds about right for them.
>>
>>93969438
>No the narrative is going to be "they were never going to be good, it was just nostalgia all along".

Now you're making me suspicious of all the posts I've seen that say something to that effect of different franchises.
>>
>>93970057
>Jim wrote Bean the Bunny's special
>Jim told Steve to preform him
>Steve finally had another character besides the semi-regular Rizzo to preform

Fuck you. What about Mr. PoodlePants?
>>
>>93969962
That is another factor in the equation leading to his death, Jim was a workaholic first and foremost but even Frank Oz said that had the Disney deal not worn him out so much he would still be alive.
>>
>>93970157
>Disney kills Jim Henson
>>
>>93970057
>>93970127

>Hey, you know what Muppets Tonight needs? BEAN BUNNY!

>What could possibly make our smash hit Muppet Babies better than it already is? BEAN BUNNY!

>So we've got this deal with Disney-MGM for a Muppets theme park attraction. Who should be the starring character? BEAN BUNNY!

Cancer. Pure fucking cancer.
>>
>>93970057
>I can never forgive Steve for creating this cancer-tier character
Jim Henson did and he was explicitly created to be nauseatingly cute and then the butt of jokes.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Bean_Bunny

Seriously are you this intellectually lazy about everything you post
>>
>>93970166
Again, Steve's only other noteable characters at the time were Rizzo, who wasn't Gonzo's sidekick, Foofoo, a dog prop for Miss Piggy to flaunt off, and Lips. Someone who spoke less then fucking Zoot.
>>
>>93970127
>>93970186
>>93970200

>There are people who will defend Bean Bunny

I guess you had to exist somewhere on this planet. And also, even Jim had bad ideas and bad characters. Bean Bunny was one of those.
>>
>>93970235
Where is the defense part, shill?
>>
File: Baby Mayhem.png (325KB, 900x320px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Mayhem.png
325KB, 900x320px
>>93970235
I'm not saying Bean was good. He was literally just Stuffy Nosed Wembly Fraggle. And the only good time Bean ever had was getting beaten. And I totally agree that he ruined Muppet Babies. Hell, we could have had this.
>>
>>93970165
Skip to the 41min mark
https://youtu.be/TlmV2WCNL8E?t=2458
>>
>>93970235
>even Jim had bad ideas

"I don't need to go to the doctor, I can pray the pneumonia away" was probably his worst.
>>
>>93970166

> Bean was active as a major character only until Steve Whitmire took over performing Kermit the Frog (following the death of Jim Henson) while Whitmire's other character Rizzo the Rat gained higher prominence in the next Muppet production The Muppet Christmas Carol. The film was Bean's only significant role in a Muppet movie, appearing in several scenes as a hapless urchin, who on Christmas morning fetches a turkey twice his size for Scrooge.
> In subsequent appearances on Muppets Tonight, Muppets from Space, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, Bean was relegated to the background and became a routine target of Muppet violence, a fact that Brian Henson noted in the Muppet Christmas Carol DVD commentary: "Inside the Muppet Company, we love to hate Bean Bunny."

These sections haven't been meaningfully edited since 2013 or earlier.

> Bean was active as a major character only until Steve Whitmire took over performing Kermit the Frog (following the death of Jim Henson) while Whitmire's other character Rizzo the Rat gained higher prominence in the next Muppet production The Muppet Christmas Carol.

I wonder if one of the other performers added that.
>>
>>93970252
> Janice wasn't even a virgin here
>>
>>93970166
>>So we've got this deal with Disney-MGM for a Muppets theme park attraction. Who should be the starring character? BEAN BUNNY!

I can't stand Muppet-Vision 3D because the two star characters are the fucking worst characters in the Muppets roster. Seriously, whose bright idea was it to make the headliners Bean and that shitty CGI thing, Waldo?

It reeks of that really bad era of the Muppets in the early 90s when they were pushing all these shitty new characters nobody wanted and nobody liked.
>>
>>93970320
Again, Jim probably wanted to give Steve something to do, and they couldn't use Wembly Fraggle or Sprocket.
>>
>>93970278
fwiw literally everyone in his family insisted he hadn't practiced CS since his 20s and this wasn't a factor in a fast-killing medical condition usually associated with not changing your fucking tampon.
>>
>>93970320
That was Jim just experimenting with 3D animation and puppetry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHogxr6qVzw

https://youtu.be/bwrUbsomzwE
>>
>>93947987
Zootopia almost ran into this problem as its success drew the attention of conspiracy theorists about the film being anti-Chinese propaganda.

A kid knocked over a sweet lego Nick because of it.
>>
>>93964153
Jim wasn't a Christian Scientist. Stop spreading this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HAfszHYao
>>
I liked ABC's Muppets,
I've always thought the Muppets, while always kid friendly, were supposed to appeal to adults. That's why I wasn't bothered by them trying to sex it up a bit.

It wasn't the best show but it wasn't a trainwreck
>>
>>93949440
Fucking. This.
I tried reading his continuation of the Dune Chronicles. After the first book, I couldn't keep going. I can't believe with any sense of rational thought that this chucklefuck keeps finding a plethora of his dad's notes to misread and butcher. It was all his greedy fanfic bullshit to keep Dune money rolling in, and it damn near killed the series.
>>
>Jim Henson dies
>Jane Henson dies
>Richard Hunt dies
>Jerry Nelson dies
>Frank Oz retires
>Fran Brill retires
>Carol Spinney is getting too old to play Big Bird
>Brian Henson quit to focus more on the company.
>Kevin Clash is fired
>Steve Whitmire is fired
>Kathy Mullen barely does anything
>Loise Gold barely does anything
>Karen Prell barely does anything

The only OG from the original line up still around is Dave Goelz.
>>
Why is China as an institution the way it is

It's governed like some kind of alien planet or machine empire
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtWpX9RwrVU
>>
>>93970482
>Be a CS
>Still advertise headache pills back in the 60s (see Bufferin - Jim Henson & Raymond Scott).
>>
hi me stev whitmere pls ask me questin
>>
>>93970971
how sweaty does your hand get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdJjv4ZJ9wc
>>
>>93970969
> I found a contradiction, I'm special, let me share it!

what do you want to be if you grow up
>>
>>93971032
it dosnt get sweaty anymore
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4rKZrlv90
Of all the puppeteers featured in this video, only Dave Goelz is still active.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGGR3biM_LU
I haven't even gotten to Steve taking over for Kermit and Beaker yet.
>>
File: 1495427830102.gif (2MB, 350x221px) Image search: [Google]
1495427830102.gif
2MB, 350x221px
As Beaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAtBki0PsC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT7pT6zCcA

As Kermit with Pictures in my Head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEfELVFsrHw
>>
>>93950510
well just maybe Steve was the fucking douchebag every is claiming he is?
>>
>>93971324
The most douchest thing I heard of Steve Whitmire doing was covering Dave Goelz's entire car in hotsauce bottles as a prank war between them went on.
>>
>>93970917
Keeps the population happy by only letting them see approved propaganda. Most of them don't care that the internet is censored over there if you believe the polls they do.
>>
>>93971047
Applying for the Civil Service m8. Gonna try a get a job working for the CNRD.
>>
How come no one has gotten Kermit's opinion on this?
>>
>>93947833
Bring up the fact they sued a daycare at any opportunity, just because the owner painted Mickey Mouse on their walls.
>>
>>93971355
>Tfw America's on the fast track to this state, except that it'll be corporations instead of the government.

>>93971424
He's not saying much these days.
>>
>Took over for Kermit
>Took over for Beaker
>Took over for Statler
>Took over for the Newsman
>Took over for Link Hogthrob
>Took over for Ernie
>Had Foofoo, Rizzo, Bean, Wembley, Sprocket, Marlon, Mew, Lips, Mr. Poodlepants and Andy Pig
>Left Sesame Street to be with Disney full time.
>Some left handed freak takes over for Ernie who sounds like he downed a bottle of riddalin
>Goes to be Kermit and others full time with Disney.
>"Nah mate, you're fired"
>>
>>93970902
Karen Prell works for Valve
>>
>>93971491
Can you believe he wanted to be paid more money for all that shit? It's just puppets, man. How hard could it be? Jeff Dunham does it every day.
>>
>>93969217
Firstly, he just resigned from working on Sesame Street, but has still been involved in other Henson projects.
Secondly, he was cleared of all charges.
>>
>>93971527
More like one source of his income Sesame Street Workshop, isn't paying him for anything anymore, cause he chose to focus mainly on Rizzo and Kermit, Beaker and Statler, and then when he decides to ask for a bit more dough, Disney shitcanned him. He can't even go back to Sesame Street anymore cause Ernie's been recasted, and I STILL HATE THE RECAST
Compare for yourself.
First, here's Jim Henson's Ernie singing Imagine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7lKcoF5rwg

Now here's Steve Whitmire's singing 'I wonder'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwAd8QZb9Ok

And here's the new Ernie, preformed by Billy Barkhurst singing 'Change the Plan'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqp188Gx9Kw

Now, Steve sounds a lot more like Henson, don't he?
>>
>>93971666
Ernie has been recast, Peter Linz will be playing him but you won't see it this season yet. Only this car ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6omo5aKR70
>>
>>93971780
Oh wow, they gave Billy the boot? Damn. Now Ernie sounds old as shit.
>>
>>93971780
>>93971836
Jesus, why is it so hard for people to play ernie
>>
>>93972530
Whitmire did it right, man I hope there's at least a place for him at Sesame.
>>
>>93972745
Doesn't HBO own Sesame Street now? Does that make it separate from the Muppets such that that could happen? Somehow?
>>
>>93971527
in b4 Disney shitcans Matt Zobel and hires Jeff Dunham to portray Kermit
>>
>>93972803
Sesame Studios had always been its own independent thing, HBO owns the show and the episodes will still air on PBS just later.
>>
Reminder that The Muppets (2011) almost had Michael Cera as Walter (he would just do a voice over of the puppeteers performance) and Steve Whitmire fought to have an actual puppeteer play Walter and not just have it a celebrity role they would never be able to reprise for the show due to costing too much.
>>
>>93973240
Well, good, since they barely use Walter anymore.
>>
>>93971124

Well, that was made almost a third of a century ago.
>>
>>93970057

Beans was his era's Walter.
>>
>>93973483
>Beans could have just had Walter's role in the movie
>we never needed an awkward one-movie-only humanoid muppet
>>
>>93973537

They could have just used Chip.

Imagine The Muppets with Chip and his creepy TV show personality in the place of Walter.
>>
>>93973483
>>93973537
I think the worst about Walter is how inoffensive and bland he is when placed next to the other Muppets. Mainstays seem to be that way because of strong personalities or fun dynamic between personalities (Kermit and Fozzie, Gonzo and Rizzo). Kermit is supposed to be the straight man of the group already, it's redundant to have Walter as some overly saccharine cheerleader who does nothing except be a watered down version of a super fan.

Hell if they wanted him to be interesting they really should have cranked that up and had someone like GONZO call him a weirdo.
>>
>>93973723
>>93973240
Walter was Jason Segel's childhood OC donut steel Muppet character. No one requested his presence and only Jason thought it was brilliant to finally put him into a movie.
>>
File: IMG_2463.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2463.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
More shitslinging

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/jim-hensons-son-explains-why-kermit-actor-was-replaced-character-could-use-change-1022041
>>
>>93970902
You forgot
>Jerry Juhl dies
>>
>>93973537
>>Beans could have just had Walter's role in the movie

If that had happened I'd have never watched Muppets 2012. Bad as Walter was, he was nowhere near as annoying as Bean.
>>
>>93971666
Damn. That Ernie sounds like a bad Kermit impression.
>>
>>93971836
>>93972530
I don't what video you guys are watching, but to my ears this is way, way closer to Henson than the last guy got.
>>
>>93975341
I'm just annoyed at how they went through three ernies within 4 years

Peter Linz's Ernie seems way better than Steve's or Billy's
>>
>>93975488
Peter's sounds like he's in his thirties.
Steve's was just Kermit with more goof. Which is what Jim's Ernie was.
Billy's sound like he downed a bottle of aderal.
>>
>Brian Henson on the subject
>about a company he fucking abandoned when they needed a leader most.
>To make le edgy Avenue Q's line is it anyways
>>
>>93948994
Not /co/ but Dweezil Zappa is pretty great at least.
>>
>>93975958
>Not /co/ but Dweezil Zappa is pretty great at least.

Too bad Moon Unit's a raging cunt.
>>
>>93975990
like mother like daughter
>>
>>93975614
It's been said already ITT but never trust your legacy to your family unless they demonstrably earned it. If you let them grow up more comfortable than you did, they didn't earn it.

Henson, Zappa, Charlemagne, it doesn't matter, the kids will squabble and fuck everything to pieces.
>>
>>93976207

Best example I can think of are the children of Martin Luthor King Jr.

Legitimate pieces of dog shit, every one of them.
>>
>>93966956
You're blatantly making shit up.
>>
>>93976299
>Martin Luthor King Jr
I HAVE A DREAM THAT LITTLE WHITE BOYS AND LITTLE BLACK BOYS WILL COME TOGETHER SOME DAY AND KILL SUPERMAN
>>
>>93975958
Hey. Dweezil Zappa is plenty /co/. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8449GMAuUw
>>
>>93971498
And Valve doesn't do much of worth these days either.
>>
>>93969924
Why couldn't Jim just hire managers to run the company for him?
>>
what does this mean for The Dark Krystal on netflix?
>>
>>93971638
If Kevin Clash is still doing Muppets stuff, why isn't Clayton more present?
>>
>>93977603
Clayton?
>>
>>93977631
I think anon means Clifford.
>>
>>93947491
She's like the retarded customer in retail stores that gets angry at the cashier for the prices of things.
>>
>>93975958

I saw him a few months ago; he dedicated a song to his siblings: Cosmik Debris.

So there's some bitterness there.
>>
>>93974151
Fuck Brian
>>
File: 98e.gif (547KB, 639x516px) Image search: [Google]
98e.gif
547KB, 639x516px
>>
>>93977588
Secret cash injection from mysterious mouse eared benefactor
>>
>>93951195

>"The characters just became assholes for no reason"

And this is why Whitmire was sending those notes. He was fighting for something he loved and believed in, and now he's being viciously slandered.
>>
YAMETE
>>
>>93955040
Mulan would be a good starting point. It's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
>>
>>93966576

Despite this being a meme on /pol/, it's true.

Any "News" organization can write an article and back it up by saying they had "sources with knowledge", and there's fuckall we can do to know if it's legit, or they're bullshitting.
>>
>>93979439
Yeah, they don't blame the writers, just the guy preforming a fucking puppet frog. If you see Kermit off the fucking ABC muppet show, he's happy as shit.
>>
>>93957860
Jim needed a Roy. In the immediate aftermath of Walt Disney's death, Roy was the one who steered the ship and made sure that Disney World would still be completed on time and that movies would continue to be made. (which is ironic, considering he was the cynical one of the pair, always encouraging Walt to get out of the picture business).

I guess Jane tried to be that for Jim, but she ultimately didn't do enough to save the company.
>>
>>93955067
Everyone and their brother can do a kermit the frog voice and it doesn't take much effort to wiggle around a little thing like kermit either. I genuinely don't see the big deal. There are plenty of replacements out there.
>>
>>93980941
>thinks muppeteering doesn't require much effort
>doesn't see the big deal
Either you've never watched a behind the scenes video of Sesame Street or anything Muppet related, or you're a Disney troll. The value of someone personally trained by Jim Henson who has performed Muppet characters since The Muppet Show is just not that hard to understand.
>>
Does Steve's replacement even know the discreet and secret hand maneuver that will deploy Kermit's coarse felt cock?
>>
>>93981006
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to speak a funny voice and fling a tiny felt frog around you geek
>>
>>93981107
>>93980941
t. Disney shill
>>
>>93981107
You are certifiably autistic if you think performing the role of Kermit is as simple just "fling[ing] a tiny felt frog around" and doing an impression. Hell, you're autistic if you think replacing anyone in any role is that easy.
>>
>>93981140
>>93981181
I get that the truth hurts but the fact of that matter is this dude is easily replaceable and anyone can fill his shoes with minimal training. Sorry that you let nostalgia cloud your vision so much. It's flapping a puppet around and screeching. A trained monkey could do it lol
>>
>>93981236
Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRkmhJRl0Ec and never reproduce.
>>
File: Oh no.png (3KB, 171x66px) Image search: [Google]
Oh no.png
3KB, 171x66px
>>
>>93981282
Typical puppetfag evasion tactics.
>>
File: 1491022312753.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491022312753.gif
1MB, 360x270px
This all is a real bummer.

Even if he's kicked from Disney and Henson's stuff in general I hope Steve can strike out and do something. Even if nothing works out I'm sure at least there's probably universities who'd throw money at him to teach puppeting in the fine or performing arts divisions.
>>
>>93969217
>Wait, Kevin Clash is still allowed to work on Henson-related stuff? Even after he molested all those kids?

He was never even accused of molesting kids, he was accused of fucking male prostitutes in their late teens, and the charges were dismissed.

I'm really happy to hear he is back at work, he's a great talent and has his heart in the right place.
>>
>>93981236
>I get that the truth hurts

Obviously. it's why you're so upset.
>>
>>93957864
Sure it might not be acceptable but it would explain it
>>
>>93949467
>normies

Actually it's more of an OCD thing
>>
>>93946285
>>93946434

I think him being retirement age is a factor.

Whatever the real reason it's clear it was a dick move.
>>
>>93976299
>>93976458
Is there a story I'm missing, or are you just exaggerating for fun?
>>
>>93982423

They spoke in support of BLM

After all the riots.
>>
>>93982423
>Martin Luther King Jr.
>Lex Luthor
>>
>>93982400
Dave Goelz still does Gonzo and he's 70
>>
>>93982941
Your mom still does Gonzo and he's a fucking puppet.
>>
File: (you).jpg (42KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
42KB, 400x366px
>>93984202
>>
>>93982941
I wonder what he thinks about all of this, close to retiring anyways might as well go out with a bang slamming Disney's treatment of the characters.
>>
>>93986209

Goelz probably wants one last big sendoff performance for Gonzo and is clinging to the hope that Disney will give him his final spotlight. Probably still pinning his dreams on The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, which was supposed to be a Gonzo-centric film.

Sadly, he'll probably be "let go" unceremoniously by Disney and fade away as a voice actor takes over Gonzo while a slew of nameless nobody puppeteers pass the part around between gigs.
>>
>>93981469
He can always move to LA or NY and do voice acting
>>
>>93986402
>as a voice actor takes over
Ridiculously impractical since having the puppeteer voice the character ensures synch
>>
>>93981469
>at least there's probably universities who'd throw money at him to teach puppeting in the fine or performing arts divisions
Performing. Fine's circling the drain in a lot of places, and I don't recall anyone talking about Whitmire's skill as a designer or sculptor. To put it more bluntly all his roles were characters other puppeteers built for him.
>>
>>93986767

Puppeteer does a voice over while performing not meant to be recorded or broadcast, VA dubs over the footage at a later date.

They've been doing that since the beginning, like when two Oz or Henson characters appear on screen at once or when the dedicated performer was absent and had to record the dialogue over someone else's performance later.

Not some unheard of thing. And having a VA that dubs over disposable puppeteers' performances would make things much easier for Disney in keeping the puppeteers' egos in check.
>>
>>93986982
>Who cares about work ethic or pride in your work be a mindless corporate drone.
disney is one of the worst things to be born out of this industry.
>>
>>93987073
The new thread pretty much confirms that >>93988042
Thread posts: 502
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.