[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For all its faults, I'll give the MCU one thing: they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 10

File: MCU.jpg (175KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
MCU.jpg
175KB, 1200x600px
For all its faults, I'll give the MCU one thing: they don't pander to sjw garbage like the comics.

Marvel comics has made all its most popular characters either female or colored for the sake of pandering. I say this as a person of color: this is retarded.

If done right, it's welcome (see: Miles Morales). But Marvel comics is shoving their propaganda down everyone's throats.
>>
>>93941168
>they don't pander to sjw garbage like the comics.
Except there are characters whose only characters trait is "being a stronk independent womyn"? (Black Widow in IM 2 and Avengers, Hope in Ant-Man, Gamora in first GotG)
>>
Remember to sage and report these shit bait threads.
>>
>Homecoming
>Black Panther
And soon:
>Captain Marvel
>>
File: a better MCU.png (41KB, 522x554px) Image search: [Google]
a better MCU.png
41KB, 522x554px
What Marvel Studios realizes is that it needs to make these films appeal massively and not just be patting themselves on the back for making a diverse character. SJW's have a problem that they think a character being better than everyone else = a better character, which is ironic when they say Superman is boring. Like, through the MCU, they know that the heroes need to get their shit punched in now and again to make you realize they are relatable. The SJW's though don't see the stories, they just see it as "My favorite character needs to be treated the best"
>>
>>93941192
Of course when they try to give them personalities beyond that, SJWs get mad (see Black Widow in Age of Ultron)
>>
>>93941192
But even then, they are showed with flaws as well. Granted I think Gamora is the flattest of the three you listed.
>>
I'm so glad the Midwest is dying out. This country gives too much attention to retards like the OP.

In about 20 years they will be finished for good.
>>
>>93941279
In 20 years all of western civilization will be finished for good.
>>
>>93941229
>Black Panther
>SJW

Stop.
>>
>>93941168
>For all its faults, I'll give the MCU one thing: they don't pander to sjw garbage like the comics.
>Nick Fury Jr.
>Ant-Man's entire supporting cast
>Ancient One
>Homecoming
>Black Panther
>Captain Marvel
I could keep going, but those are the ones just on the top of my head.
>>
>>93941302
>>Nick Fury Jr.
Sam Jackson kills it though.
>>Ant-Man's entire supporting cast
Minorities being thieves is good representation?
>>Ancient One
Changed cause Tibet and China
>>Homecoming
Eh, I thought the cast they had was great, outside Michelle.
>>Black Panther
Which looks great
>>Captain Marvel
I'm hopeful
>>
>>93941302
Let's be fair, they changed Ancient One because of China, not SJWs.
>>
>>93941302
Ant Man's supporting cast are literally all criminals. Making a non-white person a criminal is as anti-SJW as you can get.
>>
>>93941279
t.hipsterfaggot
>>
>>93941297
But iBlack Panther hella diverse, anon.
>>
>>93941168
Don't jinx it you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>93941297
>most advanced country on earth
>fully black, preserving african culture
>not sjw
The character itself is sjw, created to make blacks feel good about something that will never happen in real life, a rich country with only blacks that still follow their old culture
>>
>>93941409
Nothing that happened in comics will ever happen in real life.
That's the laughable part of representation.
No, just because you are white, you are not Captain America.
Just because you are black, you are not Black Panther, and just because you are a woman you are not Scarlet Witch, you are just some bored nobody reading a fucking comic or watching a blockbuster movie.
>>
>>93941168
SLAVES BUILT THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT
>>
What was the point of making Flash a Pajeet in Homecoming?
>>
>>93941514
>What was the point of making Flash a Pajeet in Homecoming?

They didn't make him a pajeet though. They made him a wetback.
>>
>>93941607
No that was MJ
>>
>>93941168
>I say this as a person of color
Only a white person would use this term. Go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>93941490
I mean, yeah. But I think this misses part of the whole point of fantasy. Just because you're not Captain America doesn't mean you can't see yourself in him. Super heroes are, typically, inspirational figures, carrying certain positive qualities that people want to attain taken to an extreme, and seeing someone who has the same skin color as you or is the same gender as you helps with that identification.
>>
>>93941728
>Just because you're not Captain America doesn't mean you can't see yourself in him
But I can't, nobody can, he's a supersoldier, unless you are a soldier yourself, no one is similar at all to Captain America.
That's why the concept of representation is fucking retarded.
Would love to see media where not a single character is human, just to filter out all that stupidity.
>>
>>93941746
>But I can't, nobody can, he's a supersoldier, unless you are a soldier yourself, no one is similar at all to Captain America.

Naturally, when you dumb down a character to nothing but power sets.

Thankfully most people dont't. White or otherwise.
>>
>>93941794
But without powers superheroes have nothing.
That's the thing about them, to do what they do they rely on something nobody has.
>>
>>93941240
>Unless integral to the ongoing story - why? Look at the notable characters who died in "Logan" and how long their funerals were. Or "Harry Potter". It's not a film about her.

>This actually would have made sense, although the way presented here seems like pandering to SJWs. That being said, her role in Tony's life should have been established beforehand - just because she worked with his father doesn't mean Tony has any relationship with her. Eulogies should be by close friends, not celebrities.

>I think everyone found it a bit weird - not because Peggy was recently buried but because of the family ties.

>Sure, this is actually a pretty solid point.

>This would be material for a Black Widow film, not a significant portion of a Captain America film. So far this is entering Suicide Squad territory with too many characters fighting for center stage.

>Sure, tell that to Paltrow - the reason she wasn't in it is because the actress didn't want to do it, not because she wasn't written in.

>Marvel movies in general suffer from a lack of emotional consistency. Thor is a notable example and they tried to make up for it by turning it into a gag in Thor 2.

>Jesus Christ, this is fucking dumb. She's not a major character.
>>
>>93941805
>>93941746
Either you're trolling or you're genuinely missing a huge reason why people like these characters.
>>
>>93941746
>he's a supersoldier
That's not the part of him you're supposed to be able to relate to. You, just like diversity/representationfags, are only looking at the visible attributes.

Steve is a man out of time. Things around him are alien, but he understands that he has to adapt to survive. He doesn't like bullies. He fights for the underdog, and for the civil liberties of the people. He has heart. He's willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. He always will be that scrawny kid from Brooklyn who just wants to help people.
>>
>>93941168

>"if done right"
>Miles Morales

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>93941856
>Things around him are alien
That makes him even less relatable.

And what Captain America taught, is that without the supersoldier serum, he would always be a scrawny kid incapable of beating even some random street thug.
>>
>>93941168
Moves are apolitical. Comics always been leftist. The majority of the worldwide movie audience don't want to see lead females and gays.
>>
>>93941192
No female has a solo movie coming but Carol. Token female lead.
>>
File: 1500159882913.jpg (20KB, 343x347px) Image search: [Google]
1500159882913.jpg
20KB, 343x347px
>control F "Heimdall"
>0 results
>>
>>93941901
>That makes him even less relatable.
You've never been to a new place or a new school or a new town where everything feels different and a little scary, but you have to get used to the idea of being there permanently?

Or do you just stay inside all day? In that case, it would make sense why you can't relate.
>>
>>93941168

OP - I'm not sure how to break this to you, but Marvel Comics knows it's now primarily in the business of producing new IP for the film division.

Today's sjw Marvel comic is tomorrow's sjw MCU blockbuster. Which characters do you think they'll be focussing on from Phase 4 onwards?
>>
>>93941168
>See : Miles Morales
Fuck you
>>
>>93941490
This changes nothing of my post, Black Panther was created to promote black pride with their little black cultural utopia, is not just an advanced country is THE MOST advanced country in the world.
>>
>>93941636
i also thought he was a poo in loo but i looked it up after i saw the movie and it turns out he is a mexican.
retarded casting, no one would get bullied by fucking pete pajeet.
>>
>>93941990
The movie mndustry is not like the comic industry. They can't afford to go full SJW like America "Slay the Patriarchy" Chavez, because Hollywood needs to satisfy the broadest audience possible. Hollywood invests billions of dollars into this shit. They have to make sure they can get the most money back they can.
>>
>>93942043
>They can't afford to go full SJW like America "Slay the Patriarchy" Chavez
>What is Fembusters?
>>
>>93942115
>>What is Fembusters?
A huge flop that lost Sony a fuck tonne of money.
>>
File: america.jpg (97KB, 674x1024px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
97KB, 674x1024px
>>93941168
I agree. America Chávez is the worst offender. The worst thing is that she is exactly for my demographic, I am millenial, latin american, feminist and pro-queer people in comics. But this is the worst shit I have ever read. I can't believe how it actually manages to be offensive while attempting the same thing I am rooting for, and with a character I fell in love with in The Ultimates.
It feels extremely forced, with one of the worst cases of hypocritical self-aware Mary Sue protagonists I have ever seen, she has literally no personality besides her being a brown queer flying brick. At the end of every issue I just think "What the fuck was the point of this?". She fights with her girlfriend about her not wanting to move to another dimensions for her to go to college WHILE SHE CAN JUST FUCKING TELEPORT, HOW THE FUCK IS DISTANCE AN ISSUE WITH HER?
>>
>>93941240
>Black Widow would have gotten her own movie by now

she did it's called Ghost in the Shell

shows Scarjo couldn't carry a good action flick and the Major is a better character than Widow
>>
File: zendaya-isshe.jpg (44KB, 838x467px) Image search: [Google]
zendaya-isshe.jpg
44KB, 838x467px
>>93941168
>I'll give the MCU one thing: they don't pander to sjw garbage like the comics.

Except pic related, right?

>If done right, it's welcome (see: Miles Morales)
>Miles Morales
Oh fuck off. That's one of the worst examples you could possibly use.
>>
>>93941958
>You've never been to a new place or a new school or a new town where everything feels different and a little scary
There's nothing comparable between that and travelling 100 years into the future.

>you have to get used to the idea of being there permanently?
No, because i've always had the choice of going back.
>>
>>93942179
Lucy was also shit. Nobody wants to see a Black Widow movie
>>
>>93941168
>Miles
Except hes fucking shit anon
>>93942192
"MJ" is likely getting a retcon
>>
>>93942192

Did you even watch the movie? She may be MJ but she's not Mary Jane Watson. I wish people would turn their hatred to poo-in-loo Flash instead, HE's the real problem, not this generic slightly annoying Daria OC
>>
>>93942325
Shes meant to replace Mary Jane, or at least was
>>
>>93942133
>A huge flop that lost Sony a fuck tonne of money.
You can just say "A Sony movie" at this point
>>
>>93942262
>"MJ" is likely getting a retcon
And where is your source for that?

>>93942325
>She may be MJ but she's not Mary Jane Watson.
This moronic meme, huh? Still haven't figured out that she's replacing Mary Jane? Must be hard to live life when you're this slow.
>>
>>93942373
Oh speculation really, a lot of people werent happy with her and they seem to be backpedaling in interviews. But thats of course not a guarantee and they may just commit
>>
>>93942373
>Still haven't figured out that she's replacing Mary Jane?
Yes, just like Otto is permanently replacing Peter as Spider-Man.
>>
>>93942262
Miles is cool

He's just not Peter Parker, and therefore he's not, and never will be, Spider-Man
>>
>>93942419
Yeah so Peter will break with her and get a red head model in the same movie? Nope, sjws would bitch about it too much and this movie is pretty much made to please them.
>>
>>93942451
>comics = movies
Sure thing dumbass.
>>
>>93942115
>What is Fembusters?
Yes, that's a great question. What is Fembusters? Because I'm pretty sure it's a flopped and dead franchise that was just an embarrassment for Sony
>>
>>93941996
Which is still a shit country
>coup happens everytime BP steps out
>closed itself off from the rest of the world
>>
>>93941262
Granted her personality in that movie was insufferable
>>
>>93942461
>He's just not Peter Parker
He is, though. He's literally Black Peter Parker. There is nothing to differentiate him at all, outside his skin color and one shotting Venom Blast.
>>
>>93942461
Miles isnt cool. Hes a pushed creation doing a retread of Peter's early years and only got this far because of the brand name, his creator, and his supporting cast
>>
>>93942479
>Break up with her
Hes not even with her. If anything, it will be the same love triangle bullshit we've seen before. And Marvel Studios isnt as easily swayed as Marvel Comics
>>
>>93941240
>A characters backstory should have been told through another character because wimminz

Wut?
>>
>>93941279
And then you starve to death because they produce the majority of food for the US
>>
>>93942219
This. We don't get a solo Black Widow movie because no one gives a fuck about Black Widow
>>
>>93941240
>Black Widow own movie
A generic sexy spy in tights?We're not in 70s anymore.
>>
>>93941290
And?
>>
>Miles

>welcome

No one likes Miles
>>
>>93942783
>not wanting to see a sexy spy in tight

u gay?
>>
>>93941229
>>93941302
I don't understand. If they do anything with anyone not white, you guys will bitch that it is pandering. One movie with a woman lead and one movie with a black man as the lead compared to how many movies with white people? The comics is legit pandering. They are killing off or forgetting about every main hero and replacing them with every other race that isn't white and women heroes.
>>
>>93942192
>>93942325
I still don't understand. Is she or is she not mj?
>>
>>93942519
But Peter Parker already exists in that universe

so he isn't Peter Parker, he's a copy of Peter Parker
>>
>>93941514
>>93941607
>>93942011
Dude every Indian kid that I knew in high school was a stuck up rich kid. Indian kids I knew in high school had porsches , mustangs and audis. I will never understand why every indian family is so rich. Middle eastern families are the same way.
>>
>>93942847
Yes, she is MJ.
>>
>>93942847
She's "MJ" in the same way "Robin" was "Robin" in the Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>93942885
Except she isn't

that's the problem, she doesn't look like MJ and doesn't act like MJ, her name isn't even "Mary Jane"

One of the great things about the MCU is that they've always done a good job with drawing the line between faith to the comics and new material, but Homecoming crosses it, there's far too much stuff that wasn't in the comics and not enough that was, the most recogniseable points of Spider Man aside from Peter himself aren't there.

Oh well, Toomes was good
>>
>>93942986
>Except she isn't
She literally is. Did you even see the movie? She literally says, "My friends call me MJ."
>>
>>93941168
This reads like a false flag 101 post.
>>
>>93941240
>And it would've ruined the the flow of the movie. The scene itself was fine anyways.

>I don't remember any of this from the movies besides her being Howard's colleague. If it was established, I would agree.

>The only point I honestly agree with.

>I don't think the character would work as a lead character, but I do think that if there was a movie, SJWs will find something to complain about anyways.

>I think it's better not knowing about Bucky's Winter Soldier time, it gives it more mystery.

>Paltrow's fault, she didn't want to be in the movie.

>Maybe a little, but Civil War took place a year after Age of Ultron. Also, a woman being sad for most of the movie won't bode well for some SJWs.

>She was a minor character within an all-star cast. I guess she's getting what she wants considering the actress is coming back for Black Panther.
>>
>>93943009

She "literally" is, but figuratively isn't

She has none of the recogniseable character traits that make Mary Jane Watson who she is, they could have called her Betty Brant and it would have made absolutely no difference
>>
>>93943085
I don't disagree. My point is, though, that because of Michelle's existence and the fact that they made a scene solely to reveal her "MJ" moniker, this is the only MJ we are ever getting in the MCU. Mary Jane is never going to appear in a future movie.
>>
>>93942986
>there's far too much stuff that wasn't in the comics and not enough that was,
They had a lot of callbacks to the comics man. The thing that most people are missing is that there is a lot of references to Ultimate compared to the 616. This spider-man is based off the ultimate spider-man.
>>
>>93943109
Maybe

They did leave it fortunately open by not actually calling her "Mary-Jane" considering how poorly she's been received, so if they want, they could introduce actual Mary-Jane and fix that problem

But, well, with any luck, even if they want her to be their "MJ", they'll realise she sucks and use a different Spider-Man love interest, heaven knows he's not short on those
>>
>>93942869
Because pajeets, like other asian minorities, actually make careers for themselves instead of begging for welfare like spics and niggers. And often in high paying fields like medicine or engineering.
>>
>>93941168
>black widow is still an avenger
Why? She's a normal person with 2 guns. Atleast hawkeye has those specialized arrows, but even then, how are they logically able to keep up with iron man and thor?
>>
>>93943139
then why is Ganke called "Ned"

don't get me wrong, the character is portrayed well, but why is he called "Ned"?
>>
>>93942869
You didn't go to high school in India, that's why every Indian family seems so rich

You only saw those rich enough to leave India
>>
>>93943169
How does Iron Man keep up considering his armor breaks down if you sneeze at it hard enough i n the movies
>>
>>93943206
Well yeah. I'm just saying that flash's character as a stuck up indian kid is not so far fetched.
>>
>>93943160
Poor indians go to Europe where they can live of welfare, Rich Indians go to US where they can improve their business and put their kids in good schools
>>
>>93943158
>they'll realise she sucks and use a different Spider-Man love interest, heaven knows he's not short on those

YFW Cissy Ironwood is in the next movie.
>>
>>93943229
It's not really "Flash" though is it?

Flash wasn't a dick because he was rich, he was a dick because he was big enough that he could win basically any fight he got into
>>
>>93941168
>Don't pander

Did you watch homecoming?
>>
>>93943206
You do realise how hard it is for people like me to immigrate to the US right? You basically have to be highly skilled/educated or need to be investing millions of dollars in the US to even have a chance of getting a long term US visa.
>>93943233
>poor indians
>going to europe.
They move to cities in India hoping to make it big. Don't talk about shit you don't know.
>>
>>93943262
>changing the race of a side character
vs
>the comics, which change main avengers races and gender
Yeah no.
>>
>>93943270
Most of USA immigration is brown. JFK reduced white immigration.
>>
>>93943251
No it isn't, it's just a change after seeing Spider-man get his second reboot in the past 15 years. Flash isn't going to matter in the MCU to be honest.
>>
>>93943332
Browns aren't a single nationality. Right now it would be easier for a pajeet to move to somewhere in africa, get an african citizenship and then move to the US with a long term visa and get a greencard than applying directly for the US greencard.
>>
>>93943332
Not john, it was Ted and another Jew congressman who passed the 1965 immigration act to allow more immigration from Africa, Asia, and the middle east. They managed to pass it by promising that it wouldn't lead to lower white population values yet here we are today, with lower white population values while an influx of the brown horde continues to pour in
>>
>>93943419
Probably because europe isn't a burned out crater from two back to back world wars.
>>
>>93942768
The majority of food in the US is produced by a handful of wealthy businessmen who make up less than 1% of the population (total of the population employed in agriculture), and their migrant workers. Midwestniggers for the most part don't grow shit.
>>
>>93942768
because they are subsidised by tax dollars.
>>
>>93943467
No it was because a Jew specifically wanted to make it easier for niggers, kebabs, spics, and pajeets to enter the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Celler

>Celler was born in Brooklyn, the son of Josephine (née Müller) and Henry H. Celler. All of his grandparents immigrated from Germany; his paternal grandparents and maternal grandmother were Jewish
>>
>>93943578
You mean to say a country that went around the world blowing the trumpet of liberty and opportunity actually changed it's immigration policy in line with its rhetoric.
>>
>>93943488
Clearly those businessman run the farms that food is grown on. Retarded lib, you faggots don't even cover the county's landmass. When your faggot city dies, the rest of us will still be growing our own food and living off the land
>>
>>93943624
>he thinks that he will be able to grow crops without petroleum products.
>>
File: spider-man-homecoming-workshop.png (348KB, 670x276px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-homecoming-workshop.png
348KB, 670x276px
>>93941168
Theres Homecoming with all the diversity cast. Not that im complaining because thats how life is, i mean who here has never had a fat friend?
>>
>>93943622
You retarded faggot, all of that bullshit was made by Jews. Statue of Liberty poem was a Jew woman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Lazarus

>Lazarus was born into a large Sephardic-Ashkenazi Jewish family

The "melting pot" shit was a Jew too

>The Melting Pot is a play by Israel Zangwill, first staged in 1908.
>>
>>93943721
So I guess everthing about burgerland that it propagates throughout the world is a jewish conspiracy.
Good, figured that americans would have no culture of their own.
>>
>>93943622
In no universe has America made these claims. Americans have despised immigration for centuries except for the rich Jew businessmen who wanted cheap labor
>>
>>93943776
>no universe.
I guess all the bullshit they show at US embassies and consulates on TV aren't reflective values of america.
>>
>>93943749
Stop using internet

Stop using PC

Both are american culture you use everyday
>>
>>93943804
>internet
The WWW was made by a brit
>stop using PC
made in the PRC.
>>
>>93943794
The shit you see now has come about due to Jew bullshit in the early 20th century and what you see in the embassy is in no way reflective of how actual Americans will treat you. Dems love immigration because that's they voting base because most Americans won't vote for the party trying to actively destroy them
>>
>>93943839
>the world wide web is the same thing as internet

Kys
>>
File: 1500281866151.jpg (205KB, 642x874px) Image search: [Google]
1500281866151.jpg
205KB, 642x874px
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male

Overall a pretty fun movie
>>
File: y8Ea8jB[1].gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
y8Ea8jB[1].gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>93943721
>>93943864
>>
>>93941339

and it worked too, the movie made huge numbers world wide
>>
>>93941240
To be fair, I'd have liked to see Bucky operating in a Black Widow flashback.
>>
File: 1499510174557.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499510174557.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>93944192
>stop exposing me to the historically verifiable truth!!!1
>there has to be something wrong with you to be doing that!one11!
>>
>>93944308
>actual historical truth is that the Joos destroyed white america and everything about american "culture" is a jewish invention.
>true US culture consists of drinking moonshine and waiting for the rapture.
>>
File: 1483248019418.png (76KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483248019418.png
76KB, 240x240px
>>93941168
Black people are ugly and don't sell, that's just the reality of movies.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.