[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm endelson/2017/07/16/box-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 10

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/16/box-office-spider-man-homecoming-suffers-mcus-worst-second-weekend-drop-ever/#2fffe66135fb

>>Spider-Man Homecoming has the worst second week drop off of the entire MCU

SPIDER-FAGS BTFO

>>Sony's Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't remotely a flop. Yet the $175 million-budgeted Marvel Cinematic Universe entry earned another $45.2m in its second weekend of release and has now earned $208.27m in ten days. But the film did drop 61% in its second weekend, identical to the second-weekend drops for Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And that $45m weekend figure, from a $117m opening weekend, is identical to the $45m third weekend of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man (in 2002) and the second weekend of Spider-Man 2 (coming off an $88m Fri-Sun/$180m Wed-Mon debut in 2004).

>>So, barring some catch-up legs over the next month (and that's not remotely out of the question), we're looking at an identical multiplier to Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($202 million/$91m) and Spider-Man 3 ($336m/$151m). That will lead to a domestic total almost identical to the $262m cume of The Amazing Spider-Man (from a $137m Tues-Sun debut) back in 2012. And adjusted for inflation, it will be noticeably fewer tickets sold than that 2012 reboot. And if the second-weekend figure holds up, the 61.3% drop will be the worst ever for a Marvel Cinematic Universe title.
>>
>>93921564
just goes to show that "diversity" is a weakness and not a strength
>>
>>93921602
there are many examples of this, I'm not sure why it takes a movie for people to realize it
>>
>>93921602
Or the fact that they rebooted Spider-Man after 3 years again.
>>
They'll find a way to blame it on racism.
>>
>>93921602

>Identical to the less diverse Spider-Mans 3 and Amazing 2's weekend 2 drop-offs.

You're retarded.

I think it goes more to show that the people who want to see Spider-Man WANT TO SEE SPIDERMAN and do so aggressively, and the folks that don't just don't.

I went to a 4pm showing on a sunday last week and it was packed. I think it's more probable that most of the people who were really clamoring to see it already saw it, and a certain subset of the audience legitimately does of Spider-Fatigue.
>>
People aren't going to go to a spider-man movie to see iron-man. Kevin Feige totally missed the boat on this one.
>>
>>93921564
Maybe they should have called it Iron Man 4.
>>
>>93921651

Adding to this: The movies in competition with this at the theater I went to were Wonder-Woman, Transformers, Despicable Me, and Cars 2. There's a lot out there for a family to go to right now.
>>
I'm not surprised. All the shitty Spider-man movies before this one has made people sick of the character.
>>
>>93921564

This is all pretty much being discussed in the other Homecoming thread (although no one has referenced this specific article as of yet, albeit they have referenced the drop):
>the stupidly baited console war 'will we make another billion bros'
>>
>>93921564
based marvel breaking records again
>>
>>93921694
>All the shitty Spider-man movies before this one has made people sick of the character
I took one look at those trailers and realized Spiderboy was going to be shit, and swore off the character forever. At least BP looks good.
>>
>>93921651
well I wanted to see spiderman, I wish I got to see him in this movie

it was basically just star kid with him trying to clumsily figure out how all the gadgets in his AI integrated battle suit work
>>
>>93921694
Isn't this the 6th spider-man movie in like 15 years. At some point people get tired of a character.
>>
File: ohwelles.jpg (89KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
ohwelles.jpg
89KB, 500x617px
>drones said it would beat the raimi trilogy
>barely outscores Average Woman
>gets destroyed by apes a week later

The city of mousecuckdelphia
>>
agentof_marvel or everything but DC

Also may be BreakingGarrick from reddit, Andrew
>>
>>93921764
I think so. He also doesn't have a super popular rogue gallery like Batman.
>>
I think people are getting sick of superhero films. At least, in my personal life, everyone I talk to is sick of them.
>>
>>93921602
I think the fact that the film was kind of weak has more to do with it. It felt too long and the plot didn't really hit home. You didn't really want to see Spider-Man take on Vulture by the end.

It's not even that diverse desu. Most of the important characters are white males. People are just pissed that there was an annoying brown girl called MJ.
>>
This wouldn't have happened if we got the Miles movie everyone wanted.
You'll see that when his movie does better than this racist trite.
>>
>>93921564
Its just reboot fatigue.
>>
>>93921881
Too much style over substance will do that.
>>
It's because they kept the white boi in the cast.
>>
Couple of things happened.

1) This is the 6th Spider-Man film, and 2nd reboot. It's incredibly annoying to start the character over again (which Spider-Man fans seem to be so insistent on)

2) Though funny, there is no real emotional heart to the film outside the collapse warehouse scene. The first half of the film is pretty aimless.

3) There are no amazing action sequences in the film. It's all really tame stuff.

Like, it was a good first step, but an amazing film it was not.
>>
File: Suicide Squad OSCARS.jpg (205KB, 655x365px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad OSCARS.jpg
205KB, 655x365px
>>93921564
I TORTURE UUUU
>>
>black sensitive Spiderman gets killed by monkeys

Insert racist joke here
>>
>>93921986
This Joker will actually do fine with dudes like Burton, Jenkins or Schumacher.
Ayer was just too much dude bro for shit like this. That's why Croc, El Diablo and Boomer (Jay Cortney's one of best role in general) were best characters in Skwad.
>>
>>93921564
SPIDER

SHIT

APES

GOOD
>>
>>93921564
How long until people start blaming Sony?
>>
>>93921564
I'm gonna be honest, I love Marvel but I hate what Disney has done with it so despite if the movie is good or not I wait for DVD.

People are just sick of the "formula" the MCU has. If you've seen one you've seen them all.
>>
It's kind of hard to talk to normies about this film because they always go "Another Spider-Man film?"
>>
>>93921651
>I went to a 4pm showing on a sunday last week and it was packed. I think it's more probable that most of the people who were really clamoring to see it already saw it, and a certain subset of the audience legitimately does of Spider-Fatigue.
yeah I´m the retard and not you the giant men baby. jesus dude get your priories straight and you might not stay a virgin forever
>>
>>93921646
>>93921651
those two other movies didn´t have Iron Man in it and a direct link to the rest of the MCU.
this is just an terrible performance if you consider those two factors
>>
>>93921564
Because the last decent Spiderman movie was 13 years ago and everything since then was trash?
>>
>>93921564
doesn´t surprise me at all.
every person I know didn´t want to see it because of all the none white people.
one guy even said "is that supposed to take place in new york or the middle east?"
>>
>>93921929
It wouldn't even be number 1 opening week. Get fucking real.
>>
>>93922577
Witnessed
Your friend sounds like a moron desu
>>
>>93921564
I don't really care about box office gross, I enjoyed the movie. I've enjoyed all the cape movies that have come out this year.

But, none of them, not even Logan, hold a candle to Apes.
>>
>>93922484
Thing is, we got so used to those two characters being overexposed everywhere, it really didn't look like the film was going to offer us anything that game changing.
>>
>>93922617
nah he is cool.
he just isn´t a liberal faggot like you
>>
>>93921980

The consequences in this movie seemed really uneven too.

Like, Liz was disappointed that Peter bailed on their competition, yet she still immediately agreed to go to homecoming with him even though we never see a glimpse of what she likes about him.

Then he gets detention for skipping school, but he skips out of detention and nothing happens?
>>
>>93921564
This is really bad though they went the Ghostbusters route with the promo so the money spent could be something like 400m
>>
File: 1668769-spider_boy_01.jpg (645KB, 793x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1668769-spider_boy_01.jpg
645KB, 793x1010px
>>93921733
Hey Spiderboy could have been fantastic, if it was the REAL spiderboy
>>
>>93922713

>Liz was disappointed that Peter bailed on their competition and then immediately agreed to go to homecoming with him

But you skipped over the part where

>after the competition she nearly died and explicitly says the competition doesn't seem like a big deal in the wake of that near death experience.

Not really going to argue with the "don't really get what she sees in him" unless she correctly (and reasonably) identified him as spidey given Pete went missing in Washington and Spidey showed up to save them. And also being they're in a prestigious, gifted highschool, it might have been enough that he seemed intelligent.
>>
>>93922577
Has that person never seen a public school in Manhattan before? Browner than the streets of India. You can be mad about the movie all you want but claiming the racial diversity is inaccurate is laughable.
>>
>>93922457

What?
>>
>>93922830
>with the promo

That shit was covered by all the companies they advertised with. Remember the Turkish Airlines ads with BvS? That i noticed HC had a computers company ad, the NBA ad, and even an ad with Tim of all things, the one where he's dancing because that's their gimmick this year
>>
>>93922926

Another thing I didn't mention that kind of plays into that, is the movie seems really undecided on whether Peter and Ned are outcasts or not. There are scenes that make it look like they have no friends, and scenes that make it look like they fit in and are well liked.

The only thing we know about Peter and Liz's relationship is that she really wanted him at the competition and he didn't show up. And if she realized he was Spider-Man I don't see why she'd be throwing her dad all those obvious hints the way she did.
>>
>>93921564
oh boy we got a rebel. watch out!
>>
>>93923069

I don't think she did, because I think we'd have been given a firmer indicator if that was the intention, but given everything else, she should have been able to figure it out and also, there was no reason for her to believe her dad was a super-villain/her boyfriends arch-enemy.
>>
>>93923209
>there was no reason for her to believe her dad was a super-villain/her boyfriends arch-enemy.

so? Why would you want your parents to know your homecoming date is a masked menace?
>>
>>93921564
B-B-BUT MUH F-F-F-FUN!!!!!!
>>
>>93923308
>Menace.

Also, again, there's no reason for her to assume her dad would make those logical leaps. He was in a very specific position that and was asking all the right questions because of it.
>>
>>93923399
>there's no reason for her to assume her dad would make those logical leaps

If she knew he was Spider-Man, there was. What I'm saying is the scene makes more sense if she doesn't know it, and therefore she lists off things that mean nothing to her but her dad puts together.
>>
>>93921647

Might as well. I'm definitely not paying to see to see forced "diversity" shitshow.
>>
>>93921647

They can blame it on Racism all they want.

But eventually they're going to his this wall where they're losing money, or not making enough money to keep their mouseketeer overloads happy, because they keep trying to push these things to people who don't traditionally buy them.
>>
>>93923910
Good, Spiderman has to die already.
>>
File: bokime-woodbine-shocker.jpg (34KB, 723x466px) Image search: [Google]
bokime-woodbine-shocker.jpg
34KB, 723x466px
>>93921987
>black sensitive
>>
>>93921647
They have some fuel for that narrative >>93922577
>>
>>93921564
>galgadotsimlingwithherhandoversadtomhollandshoulder.jpg
>>
>>93921602
That has nothing to do with it. There's just been too many Spidey reboots. People don't care anymore.
>>
>>93921602

Diversity had almost nothing to do with it, guaranteed.

People just don't care about seeing ANOTHER Spider-Man (semi) origin movie.
>>
>>93924251
>>93924267
Diversity may have something to do with it. It's conventional Hollywood wisdom that having too many black people in a movie turns into a "black movie" which results in white people not wanting to see it. Black Panther will be the true test.
>>
>>93921881

>t-t-the bubble!

And yet they still rake in hundreds of millions of dollars, billions when you factor in merchandise. Manchildren may be getting sick of them, but the people who actually matter to the Mouse and the people the movies are actually for, that being children who will beg for toys and games and shit, still eat them up.
>>
>>93922942
Get out of your ghetto and face reality
>>
>>93921647
>>93923519
>>93923910
>>93922577
I don't even know why i bother checking these threads as if I'm gonna find normal discussion
>>
Every person outside of /co/ I've heard talk about this movie had about the same thought, which was something along the lines of "ANOTHER Spider-Man movie? Didn't we JUST have one not too long ago?"
>>
>>93924319
>It's conventional Hollywood wisdom that having too many black people in a movie turns into a "black movie" which results in white people not wanting to see it.
Except that Eddie Murphy always did that and never had this problem.
>>
>>93921564
>>
>>93924420
Eddie Murphy's career was never quite the same after The Adventures of Pluto Nash cost 100 million to make and only brought in 7 million.
>>
>>93921602
>diverse
Have you never been to New York? The movie looks like actual New York and not my Southern Indiana Hick High School
>>
>>93924356
But anon is talking about the ghetto and reality.
>>
>>93923399
Is it wrong if I get Liz Allen mixed up with Lily Hollister sometimes?
>>
>>93921564
Yeah...I guess we keeping FF and Xmen..forever. Thanks.
Terveisin, Fox Studios
>>
>>93922942
A school in Queens.
Which is even more diverse than Manhattan.
>>
>>93924572
haunted mansion didnt exactly help either
>>
>>93921980
>Though funny, there is no real emotional heart to the film outside the collapse warehouse scene. The first half of the film is pretty aimless.

Yes. That is how I felt. The movie was entertaining like watching a decent commercial for something else. It wasn't until Tony took the suit that the movie finally came together. The twist was good. That scene in the car and then in the warehouse were the best in the movie. Tension, clear stakes.
>>
>>93924791
like Sony was ever going to let Spider-Man out of their greedy little grasp. Everyone knew no matter how good Homecoming might be, it was still too soon for a reboot and Sony went ahead anyway.
>>
>>93925592
Just saw it, pretty good movie. Cons are improve the action sequences, Michelle I really couldn't give a damn about, and more spider sense involvement though I heard about the IW trailer.
>>
>>93925592
You know, the first half did feel like a long superbowl ad
>>
>>93924389
The question is now, will the same fate happen to Matt Reeves Batman solo-flick?
Or has the Bat-god a spray against any signs of fatigue?
>>
>>93926105
>>93925592

It's called "building character, tone and world". You do it on the first part of movies.
>>
>>93921564
900 million and you know it
>>
>>93921564
It's a great feeling knowing every single cent of lost will punish 100% Sony and not Marvel in the slightest.
>>
>>93926118
Batman has been memed into badassery. He's dark and troubled making him appealing to normal folk. Spider-Man went from all-ages, to teen hipster, to kiddie movies.
Batman in't super kiddie like Iron Man: Homecoming, so people don't get tired of the character.
>>
>>93926337
>Super kiddie
>>
>>93921564
To be fair, the last three Spider-Man movies were shit and damaged the brand.

This wasn't suppose to make billions. It was suppose to help fix the brand's rep and put it in the right direction. Heck, Spider-Man 3 made the most money because it was coming off of SPM1&2.
>>
>>93924594
This.
Queen's resident here, born and raised in NYC (Bronx childhood, Manhattan teenage years, Queens adulthood right now where I pay $1,800 for a one bedroom). White people are the MINORITY in NYC.
>>
>>93926398
>implying Homecoming wasn't an unabashedly kiddie movie.
It's specifically geared for kids, it goes in the same category as Trollz. This severely limits its broad appeal.
>>
>>93926232
Character, tone and world can be established in one scene when you do it right. The story felt like they had set pieces and wrote the story trying to fit them in.
>>
>>93926491
Explain.
>>
>>93926491
>Trollz

Really?
>>
>>93926491
That movie was not little kids. It was a family movie. I'd say it was aimed at people in high school today. Kids don't care about romance.
>>
I went today and walked out. Every scene and line for the first hour is a joke. And only a few were funny. And Peter was way too much of a tool.
>>
>>93926491
>Put the word troll in troll post
Jesus Christ /tv/.
>>
>>93926516
>>93926533
>>93926534
Are you kidding, (no pun intended)? It's that obvious "kids can be grown ups too" stuff that children's movies are full of. It's got zero stakes and the characters are just one note caricatures with one joke each. Tony is just there because "Kids like Iron Man" and Keaton plays a threatening villain, but he lacks menace because the entire movie is so soft and sterile Peter never feels like he's in danger.
>>
>>93921874

He does, it's just that they choose to use villains that have never been used before. Joker, Two Face, Bane and Catwoman were all used twice
>>
>>93926643
He wants to be a hero not a grown up. The stakes are getting killed by vulture multiple times. He pulled a gun on a high school kid. Yes people like Ironman. Other superheroes will always show up in these movies.
>>
>>93926534

The romance was the weakest element of it. Wall-E had a bigger romance plot. Spider-man is a kids movie for sure.
>>
I blame Michelle
>>
File: Wonder_Woman__Large.jpg.jpg (79KB, 638x366px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman__Large.jpg.jpg
79KB, 638x366px
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/16/box-office-wonder-woman-is-going-to-be-the-biggest-domestic-hit-of-the-summer/#3cc4556b5233

WELL WELL WELL
>>
>>93926643
He was actually thinking of dropping out and wanting to be Spider-Man 24/7. That's not kids can be grown ups in anyway. That's letting all the excitement of being a hero get in your head.
>>
>>93921881
Fuck, can I say it? I am too
Theyre all feeling the same now, especially noticible in Doctor Strange and Spiderman. They should really have distinctive voices but they were so homogenised.

I think were hitting a point where we really need them to start standing out. How about ones with a distinctive cinemgraphic style? Why not really tone one down, or tone another up? How about a superhero story without CGI or a villain?
Edgar Wright wanted Ant Man to have big sound effects fly across the screen ala Scott Pilgram, let him do it!

I think part of why Deadpool and Logan got so much buzz recently was cause of how damn refreshing they were.
>>
>>93926310
>the asshurt from mousekeeters
>>
>>93926917
>domestic
>>
>>93926995
He is literally a superhuman genius. There is zero reason for him to stay in school unless he wants to get a normal 9 to 5 job for peasants. He could work directly for Stark and make millions with no formal education, and even if he had a falling out with Stark that would look a lot better on his resume than "graduated from le high school lmao". Did this dumbass movie for retards actually portray dropping out as an unreasonable decision?
>>
>>93926995
Sounds like a moral to a kids movie to me, where everything works out after the protagonist learns it.
>>93926773
Of course there's "danger" but none of it feels threatening. Spider-Man dodges bullets, we know that and besides he's got Iron Man on speed dial, and everyone in his life is willing to ignore his obvious negligence and no one except FLASH of all people gets upset with his bullshit and yet HE is portrayed as in the wrong. Not "precious cinnamon roll Peter." Tony also calls him out on his shit, and Peter acts like a brat and the movie tries to make Tony the "big bad adult who just doesn't get it"
>>
>>93926337
Something's just come to mind: how did The Lego Batman Movie do in comparison to this? Probably better but how much better?
>>
>>93927212
Except toomes stated that the school they attended is basically a sure fire way to a successful career. And stark was in no way going to let peter do any of that at the age of 15 since he is still a kid in highschool and he's letting the thrill of Spider-Man guide his actions which had pros and cons.

>>93927347
Flash called him out because he was second to peter on the decathlon team. Even the teacher knew Parker had more upside to Flash.
>>
>>93927490
What do you mean, better in what field?
>>
>>93927347
He can't Dodge bullets, no spider sense yet. He doesn't have Ironman on speed dial only happy. Can't even get him to show up until the suit hack. They only let Peter back in for the quiz because he's smarter than flash not because they like him. He doesn't act like a brat he acted like someone desperately trying to impress another superhero only to realize that he needs to be his own person.
>>
>>93925592
>>93921980
>there is no real emotional heart to the film
Welcome to capeshit, every single superhero movie made is a cold and soulless attempt at making some easy money.
The only good thing these movies can do is just die.
>>
>>93927594
Money-wise and plot-wise. Admittedly I haven't seen it yet and I'm wondering if I'd like it better than Homecoming, which was a 4/10 for me.
>>
>>93921914
>You didn't really want to see Spider-Man take on Vulture by the end.

I think that's because of how much of a screw up peter is in this movie. Now he's not a shitty person but based on the movie viewers perspective, the Vulture was professional and wasn't hurting anyone, (accept for Happy but that guy was a shitty person).
>>
>>93927613
Go home /tv/.
>>
>>93927673
Sorry you are in pure denial and have to deal with the fact that capeshit is the bottom of the barrel of cinema.
>>
>>93927694
Don't let me hurt your feelings now.
>>
>>93927632
I don't know what you're expecting, it made around $300million. Worldwide

As for the plot i honestly found it much weaker than Lego movie, it relies too much on the "le angsty Batman" meme and the character's mythos barely play any part into the overall picture since half the movie is about stopping a mix of Lego licensed and general Hollywood monsters like Sauron
>>
>>93927665
Except you know, the whole selling of weaponized alien tech and killing one of his crew.
>>
>>93927046
Deadpool was pretty standard despite the violence. For me it's greatest strength is that it was fairly stand alone. It didn't require you to watch a shit ton of movies before, nor did it waste your time advertising future movies or references that have nothing to do with Deadpool. Logan impressed me with how much I felt for the characters because they WERE characters, not stand up comedians and shit happened to them instead of mowing down faceless mooks without breaking a sweat and a quip at the end.
>>
>>93927738
Wait, Sauron? As in LotR Sauron? In a Batman movie?
>>
>>93921564
I remember people acting like Spiderman would make unfathomable amounts of money. Turns out it does worse than most Marlel movies and they have to share the rights with another company.

Do Spiderfags now understand that nobody gives a fuck about this shitty character anymore?

>>93921602
Nobody gives a fuck about the race of his literal who supporting cast because nobody cares about the characters in the first place. Only Spiderfags know who the fuck Flash Thompson, Liz Allen, or whoever the fuck the fat one is supposed to be are.
>>
>>93921711
Yeah Marvel is always crowing about breaking records like "highest grossing marvel movie starring one character" but they are surprisingly silent on this one.
>>
>>93926731
He does not. You JUST SAID that his villains don't get used in adaptations, so nobody fucking knows who they are.

And most of Spider-man's villains are mediocre street level crooks that you can't make a movie about anyway.
>>
>>93927738
Yeah I liked Lego Batman okay but was really disappointed in the fact that the villains weren't Batman villains.
>>
>>93928355
Yeah it had Daleks, King Kong, Godzilla, Gremlins, and Voldemort too. They were in the Phantom Zone instead of Superman villains. It has references for adults, but it's definitely a kids' movie.
>>
>>93927118
>Caring about pajeet dollars

The absolute state of mouseskeeters
>>
>>93927946
To be fair, he though it was a gravity gun. Also the first shocker was the only other incompetent one in the crew. Why the hell was he dealing weapons so close to Tomes home? Bad plot devise.
>>
>>93926731
Most people might know about Venom, Dr. Octopus, or Green Goblin, but besides those most people don't care about his rogue gallery
>>
>>93928747
And a laser cutter that carved up a building.
>>
>>93928801
This. And nobody really knows anything about those characters or what they do- just their powers.
>>
I almost went to see this because of Keaton. Almost. There was always something else a little bit more novel on theaters now that I had watched all the Spider-Man movies.

>>93927118

America. FIRST.
>>
>>93922917
Looks like Superboy.
Didn't Kirby's original Spider-Man have a gun?
>>
>>93928817
Even when random criminals were using that cutter, they were just robbing ATMs without hurting anyone. It was only until Spidy recklessly intervened that someone almost died. Maybe if they actually showed real casualties from the arms dealers people would care more.
>>
>>93928483
>Most
>Street level crooks

Are you serious with that?
>>
>>93929455
You're right. I should have said "all."
>>
>>93928619

Was Godzilla in there as well? I remember the Kraken but not him.
>>
>>93929443
Are you actually defending crimes? And the tech obviously had destructive capabilities outside of lasering ATMs. And that was the first time Spider-Man dealt with the alien tech as well. Toomes was willing to go to extremes to support his family which while noble to him is a detriment to others.
>>
>>93929501
Would've made your post even stupider than it is already.
>>
>>93924356
We are talking about queens here. Get out your mom's basement and face reality
>>
>>93924389
Most of my friends are somewhat knowledgeable and realized that it is the first MCU spidey.
>>
>>93921564
Author sounds like a severe faggot or shill lol. can't believe even forbes plays the game that obviously.

>Isn't remotely a flop
>complete bullshit not remotely out of the question
>worse than the worst spider-man movies
>worst MCU performance ever

can this thing do any worse

I personally think the MJ garbage hit this movie right in the PR dick. Along with them getting the "not muh accurate" crowd pissed for other reasons like shitting on Uncle Ben's non-memory, flash being a poo, most of his tech shit being from stark, peter being fucking Happy's bitch essentially the entire time, Tomei going on Conan and bringing the dinner scene which is quite literally the very worst scene of the movie since she's arguably the very worst part of the entire ill-conceived casting kerfuffle, Tom and Keaton being really the only good things, I mean I could go on.

When this shit became the topis among my casual friends and co-workers hype tanked for this movie. Spider-man is one of those characters most casuals think they know well enough (like Batman) to have a "not muh" image of them. You can't fuck with things so brazenly (like BvS and the complaints about bats being a murderer). This movie just seemed intent on trying to being everything but a Spider-Man movie with the names and costumes sprinkled in "for the real mCU nerdburgers XD"

And the trailers and commercials didn't help in any way shape or form.
>>
>>93928910
He's half Superboy, half Spider-Man. As you can see, his enemy up there, Bizarnage, is Bizzaro + Carnage.
>>
>>93921564
SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-FLOP
>>
>>93926232
Which was good, but it did feel like a series of gags. Like, it really did feel like a long Superbowl ad.
>>
>>93922926
pretty sure she thought that peter got ahold of spider-man and believed his "friends" story

thus she doesn't think peter is spider-man but still credits him with round-about saving her life

plus girls just dig guys that have the balls to ask them out, cause very very very very few of us ever do
>>
>>93921564
I'm sure they're crying into their $120m opening weekend after that 61% drop
>>
>>93925592
I with the stupid
Keaton in the car stole the show
But Peter don't have enough emotional range
Isn't so poor
Not so science curious
Not enough acrobatic
Even the spider Sense was nerfed
Sure no the worst but more meh than Garfield
>>
>>93930166
That third green text is where I stopped reading.
>>
>>93930836
Did you miss the part with him developing his own web formula and examining the alien tech in class?

And the thing with the spider sense is that it's still developing.
>>
>>93927212
It's because kids only can have drama in highschool
>>
>>93921564

>Marvels biggest gun is going to lose to Wonder Woman

So what happened? Did this really under perform or did Wonder Woman massively over perform?
>>
Any wallpapers from this come out yet?
>>
>>93921564

It failed because it looked cheap. I know there's a lot of Autism about "muh colors" but this was so bright it looked like a Disney Channel original
>>
>>93930960
A bit of both no doubt. Homecomming is a terrible film by /co/ standards that tramples all over it's heritage and it's another reboot after just coming off a reboot so people just aren't interested in this nonsense, on the flip side I've seen WW touted as THE feminist movie so it's protected by all the associated bullshit yet apparently it's not terrible either.
>>
>>93921881
>I think people are getting sick of superhero films.

Yeah that must be why GOTG2 and Wonder Woman failed so horribly
>>
>>93930960
MonKino happened.

And with WW I think the positive word of mouth really helped that movie out along with the fact that it's a Wonder Woman movie after so many Spidey flicks.
>>
>>93930960
Well, you got the sixth Spider-man film, that says the last five don't matter, compared to the first big female superhero film in over a decade. Sure, WW was mediocre with a clunky ending, but it still felt fresh compared to Spider-Man and Tony show.
>>
>>93930566
>I'm sure they're crying into their $120m opening weekend

117 and 72% drop
>>
>>93921602
This triggers the /co/blr.
>>
>>93921602
>>93924251
you all told me Spiderman is super popular than even Batman tho. what the fuck?
>>
>watching Iron Man 7: Spider-Man Homecoming

no thanks
>>
>>93931428
Being popular just means the standards are higher. No one is going to settle for average on them. That's why BvS did poorly too relative to character popularity.
>>
>>93931428
>you all told me Spiderman is super popular than even Batman tho

Who told you that? The idiots who post that mis leading sales chart from 2014? Think about it. TV, cartoons, comics, video games and films . Batman has Spider-Man beat in every area.
>>
>>93931063
True, but I get this feeling people are becoming increasingly fed up with them when I talk to them in real life.
>>
>>93923519
Have you ever actually been to New York? It's pretty fucking diverse. Would be weird if all the characters were white.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.