[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT times a hero's "no kill" rule went straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: 1500075392256.png (2MB, 1721x824px) Image search: [Google]
1500075392256.png
2MB, 1721x824px
>>
>>93919659
The time Norman Osborn became the leader of SHIELD instead of serving out multiple death penalties
>>
>>93919659
It's retarded because brainiac isnt a real living thing. And Superman usually doesnt have problem killings alien creatures that can't be reasoned with.
>>
>>93919724
Yes he is. He's an alien. Maybe you're talking about the animated series version.
>>
>>93919724
I think it's just Parademons he's willing to mow down, recently in Action Comics (or maybe it was Superman, I don't remember), he refused to kill this huge alien monster thing that was attacking Hamilton, so Superboy put it down. Then I think I missed an issue because everyone was aliens and Manchester Black was the head nigga in charge

Also Brainiac is an alien, he's just a cyborg and sometimes uses drones
>>
>>93919750
I don't give a fuck about Johns biological bullshit, Brainiac is no more alive that the parademons.
>>
>>93919800
#Parademonlivesmatter
>>
>>93919724
Brainiac is a living Coluan, no less alive than Superman or other sapient aliens in the setting. He's just an asshole.
>>
>>93919659
That bit in Arkham Origins where Joker gets blasted off a building by Bane and Batman juuuuuuuust has to save him
>>
>>93919832
Why are they so eager to kill Parademons anyway, including the ones who moralfag over killing alien monsters or mass murdering irredeemable psychopaths like Joker? I haven't seen evidence that Parademons aren't sapient.
>>
>>Avengers Undercover.
>>Arcade just tortured and killed a couple teen heroes.
>>They find him
>>They kill him
>>SHIELD then arrests the kids for killing Arcade

I can't think of a bigger form of bullshit than that.
>>
>>93919800
>Johns

What the fuck? Brainiac ALWAYS has been an alien in the comics since the fucking Silver Age.
>>
That time in Gotham Central where the Joker kills a bunch of cops and is subsequently shot at least six times centre-mass by Maggie Sawyer. Somehow the fucker still survived and was quickly rushed to a hospital because some paramedic thought that saving his life was remotely worht consideration when the floor was slick with the blood of cops and civilians. Instead of some cop walking over the bodies of his dead colleagues making sure by putting another six in his head.
>>
>>93919895
But there's nothing weird about that.

The retarded thing is how literally noone, not even the Avengers or Captain Britain's academy gave any fucks about what Arcade did, leaving a bunch of traumatized C-Listers to do hunt him down.
>>
File: Super-Powers-Brainiac-Card-A.jpg (588KB, 1077x1693px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Powers-Brainiac-Card-A.jpg
588KB, 1077x1693px
>>93920002
Sometimes he's a robot. Or just a computer program.
>>
>>93920106
First he was an (organic) alien scientist. Then he was retconned into being an android made to think he was an organic alien. Then he ditched the android deal and just became a computer program inhabiting various bodies, most prominently a Skelebot. Then he was retconned into an alien scientist again post-Crisis. Then that alien scientist somehow transferred his consciousness across the universe and took control of a powerful metahuman on Earth. Then the metahuman was killed by Superman so his body-jacked Doomsday. Then he got booted out of Doomsday so he built himself various robot bodies including a swarm of nanites, so he's like a computer program again, but like, organic in nature. Then some time travel bullshit happened and he's a robot again. Then 2008 happened and all previous versions are revealed to be synthetic drones created by the real Brainiac, who is again an organic alien scientist, except this time unlike the original organic alien scientist he's a roided up cyborg who's stronger than Superman.

That's just comics continuity, his various adaptations in TV shows, straight-to-DVD movies, video games, books, and other such pieces is even more convoluted.
>>
>>93919693
Norman Osborn did literally nothing wrong!
>>
>>93920330
>t. Marvel citizen
>>
File: 1498226890561.png (283KB, 430x357px) Image search: [Google]
1498226890561.png
283KB, 430x357px
A lot of shit that happens in comics is mind numbingly dumb when morals are involved. But that's comics, baby. If you don't love it, go back to Philly where you came from.
>>
>>93919659
Does anyone have scans from Imperiex War? That's where I first saw how retarded writers can get with that rule.
>>
The ending of Carnage U.S.A., especially when the sheriff (who Spidey just stopped from killing Cletus) reveals that Carnage apparently ate one of his children.
>>
>>93920923
what happened?
>>
>>93919659
>Kills Zod
>Doesn't let Zod kill Brainiac
>Even in the movies he kills Zod

He REALLY hates the guy, doesn't he?
>>
File: IMG_4959.jpg (186KB, 752x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4959.jpg
186KB, 752x719px
>>
>>93919659
Oboy. What's the justification on this one?
>>
>>93921038
Superman just felt like it because he can.
Look how fucking smug he is. What is Zod going to do about it? Jack shit.
>>
>>93921038
He says it in the panel: "it's not right." That's it. He offers no other justification. Even though Brainiac just broke out of prison last time Superman (barely) beat him, came back even more powerful and would've killed/collected everyone if not for the last second betrayal of Lex Luthor, and proceeds to break out of prison again right after this and take over Colu.

He doesn't have the excuse of Injustice!Batman about wanting to interrogate Brainiac to restore the thousands of collected civilizations on his ship. Brainiac's ship just got blown up. That's the whole reason they're in this situation.
>>
>>93921019
Brainiac killed his dad too. I guess he just really fucking hates Zod.
>>
>>93920966
I read it a long time ago but basically it's like this: Imperiex was going to destroy the universe, Superman didn't want to kill him. Everyone yelled at him about it. Brainiac stole Imperiex's power and was going to take over the universe, Superman refused to kill him.

A third option appeared that let Superman beat them both without killing them, and later I'm sure all the dead were brought back by the popularity angels.
>>
File: 1499658015922.jpg (762KB, 1280x1958px) Image search: [Google]
1499658015922.jpg
762KB, 1280x1958px
>>
File: 1361761639579.png (24KB, 324x377px) Image search: [Google]
1361761639579.png
24KB, 324x377px
>>93919895
The sad thing is it could have led to a good Punisher story have the kid contact Frank and let him know what happend, then let Frank get to work.
>>
>>93921236
Is that Our Worlds At War? I remember trying to read some 1990s Wonder Woman, then that event came out of nowhere and killed Lyta.
>>
>>93920951
What i hate most about that is it led to agent venom stopping Kaine from just straight up killing him
>>
>>93921236
I mean, technically he condemned them to have their consciousness spread across the entire universe without being able to pull themselves back together. They were pretty much physically dead.
>>
>>93922865
I always wanted Frank to be the underground vigilante heroes call in to deal with villains who do the most heinous crimes to the hero community.

Someone in the hero community gets raped by a couple of baddies? Call in Frank to deep fry their dicks

Some villains experimenting on kidnapped alien children for genetic testing? Call in Frank

A couple of unknown z list heroes decide to go Mark Miller in New York only to get captured by police? Have Frank break them out only to hand them over the the victims family who're armed.

I wonder what Frank Castle is going to do with the War Machine armor. I really hope he gets some more interesting stories from it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (495KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
495KB, 988x1500px
>>93919659
I will give an example, where a hero acts correct regards to the no kill rule:
>>
File: 2.jpg (499KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
499KB, 988x1500px
>>93923804
>>
File: 3.jpg (535KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
535KB, 988x1500px
>>93923834
>>
File: 4.jpg (458KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
458KB, 988x1500px
>>93923862
This was a great scene because I we got to see that Iron Man was definitely NOT Captain America or Spider-Man when it came to morality, but that it still didn't make him 'evil'. The Ghost had been trying to destroy some generator for Stark Enterprises, since SE's entire future depended on it, destroying it would cause the company to go under. However, being close to the generator was screwing with the Ghost's gear, and Iron Man was worried that if the Ghost got much closer, he'd kill himself. Iron Man had the option of shutting down the generator and saving the Ghost's life . . . but chose not to. He knew that if he turned the generator off, the Ghost would immediately blow it up, probably before Tony could stop him. And if he did that, then not only would Tony lose everything, but every employee he had would be out of a job as well. He finally decided that his obligation to his company and his employees was more important than any obligation to the Ghost, and that the Ghost was a grown man who could make his own decisions. So he let the Ghost continue to march towards the generator, only for the Ghost's gear to finally go haywire and he phased out through the floor.

I liked that scene because many heroes would have been "I can't let this guy die, even if it ruins me' and opted to save the Ghost, but Tony made a call that, in its own way, was no less moral. It could be argued that it was more selfish, that Stark was rationalizing because he didn't want to lose his company again, but it could also be argued that Tony made the best choice for the people working for him, and allowed the Ghost to make his own decisions, good or bad, and let him deal with the consequences.
>>
>>93923936
>Captain America
>clearly country-aligned "hero" beating teenaged conscript skulls to pieces on the battlefields of europe
>paragon of morality
War's a crime that taints everyone who is involved in it, but I agree with everything else.
>>
>>93921236
>>93921236
Is that the one where Brainiac was about to destroy the multiverse and Superman was willing to just sit there and watch him do it, so Ultraman had to save the day?
>>
>>93923701
Honestly that's the best way to utilize Frank. Anti-fankfags always complain about him in main universe because they think he'd get caught in no time (which he would) but lets be honest guys like Wolverine, Black Widow, Nick Fury and others would probably approve. The only thing I chance though is keeping the heroes out of actually sending Frank let him find out himself and decide to do what the heroes won't with a bit of help from some of the characters above.
>>
>>93919659
Every single issue of ratman and superboy
>>
>>93923834
*frowns through a titaniun mask*
>>
>>93923936
Ironically now he's nothing but a ghost
>>
>>93923994
>beating teenaged conscript skulls

Average age of a German soldier in WW2 was 26. They were also largely ideologically motivated. They knew what was up.
>>
>>93921249
>let him go
where is the "let's rape him" edit
>>
>>93921033
The fact that Joker actually runs away makes that while thing retarded
>>
>>93924229
Yeah, average is a funny thing in a war that took six years for Germany and led to it being completely blood drained by the point the US actually entered into the war. 44 and 45 was basically scratching the bottom of the barrel already.
>>
File: durrrrrr.png (171KB, 234x248px) Image search: [Google]
durrrrrr.png
171KB, 234x248px
>>93924286
He clearly wasn't in a proper (for him) frame of mind.
>>
>>93924369
In their defense some did turn on their own and others went Red Dawn.

Whining about someone killing during WW2 is hilarious though.
>>
>>93924605
My country, right or wrong. A deserter is still a deserter, no matter what army he deserts. He left his comrades in the dust, weakened and for dead. If an Iraqui told an US soldier that the morally right thing would have been to kill his commanding officer amidst an invasion obviously motivated by monetary gain through oil money he'd be laughed out of the room also, or rather shot immediately.
>>
>>93920099
To be fair the AA crew did contact pym for help who showed up with an armada of heroes to bail them out of trouble.
>>
>>93924698
He should be laughed at. Even if there is a conspiracy, oil is last on the list of reasons.

Intrude, don't intrude, intrude, don't intrude; people are never fucking happy and their mistakes are always your fault.
>>
File: batman vampire slayer.jpg (187KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
batman vampire slayer.jpg
187KB, 500x474px
Does the "No Kill Rule" apply to the undead?
>>
>>93924863
I think dropping a gorrillion bombs and killing half a million people is considerably further up on the scale of "fucked up" than, say, what Germany did and just not got involved in that clusterfuck at all, as can be seen by how great it all worked out and how peaceful the region is now as a result /sarcasm.
>>
>>93923936
And also he brought up that the LAST time he saved him, he just up and killed someone else.
>>
>>93924960
That's such a run-on sentence that I can't tell what it is you're getting at.

Are you criticizing Germany? America? Does the sarcasm tag mean you're praising them both?
>>
>>93920951
It was to save his bullets because you can't Kill Caranage anyway he just comes back stronger.
>>
>>93919659
Brainiac becomes a hero in the future though.

People like OP don't seem to understand the bad is done. There is no undoing it. All you can hope is that person will want to atone and do some good.
>>
>>93921249
>Batman is conflicted because he knows he himself is also insane
>>
>>93919800

Even if Brainiac is entirely mechanical he is obviously a sentient being, being
"alive" isn't really the issue as being "conscious".

Pointless to discuss anyways when the real answer is, comicbook heroes dont kill in order to preserve serialized storytelling.
>>
>>93925418
What about preventing Brainiac from murdering trillions more people as he proceeds to do? Or just being logical and realizing that if he breaks out again and recovers they probably can't stop him again?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.