[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Eddy didn't exist? How would the lives of Ed, Double

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: Ed 'n Edd.png (8KB, 148x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ed 'n Edd.png
8KB, 148x180px
What if Eddy didn't exist? How would the lives of Ed, Double D, and the entire Cul De Sac be affected if Eddy was never born?
>>
For Ed and Edd, Probably best friends in a weak smart guy- strong dumb guy type relationship like rocky and mugsy from loonytunes or George and Lennie from Of Mice and Men. Some indication exist that Ed and Edd like to hang out with each other without eddy and they have been shown doing as such a few times. They'd probably be outcast like Johnny but not quite as bad as they are with Ed. The Cul De Sac dynamic wouldn't be different minus their interactions with the Eds.
>>
I think the rest of the kids would like and have no problem with Ed and Edd. Double D already seems to be the most liked in the show already, and Ed is... Ed, it's just Eddy's scams and stuff that caused them to be outcasts. Without Eddy, I think Ed and Edd would be semi-popular with the others, and well liked.
>>
Tl;dr Eddy is an asshole, but gets a god tier redemption
>>
Followers need a leader, they'd help Rolf with the farm, tool up bikes with Kevin, get stuck as serfs of Sara, etc.
>>
>>93919440
Rolf and Jonny liked Ed. Hell, Rolf even employed the two of them for his farm. The only issues that emerged with Rolf was when Eddy either scammed him, damaged is property, or insulted his customs. Kevin would seem like the one who would still dislike Double D and Ed.
>>
>>93919868
Kevin was actually on good terms with Double D.
>>
>>93919920
Really? I must have misremembered
>>
>>93919868
Kevin was on good terms with Double D. It's only because of Eddy that that would be ruined, and it's because of Eddy that all three Eds get hit the "Dork" label.

Kevin treating the Eds like that, to me, seems to be primarily because Kevin is the type of guy that cares about justice and protecting others and stuff, and the Eds are "bad news" in his eyes, because of Eddy's scams and stuff. If Eddy didn't exist, Kevin would have no reason to treat Ed and Edd badly at all, and would probably get along just fine with them.

Ed and Edd were only dorks by association, Eddy was the REAL dork before his redemption in the movie.
>>
>>93919868
Kevin was pretty chill with Double D and could converse with him about tools and other shit.

I bet they'd collaborate on modding his bike and enter races.
>>
>>93920009
no kevin is a greaser jock, hes sown multiple tomes to put his bike above the other kids. He is also no bullshit which is why he always fucks with the eds
>>
>>93919440
Without Eddy, they'd probably still hang out with each other, but might not get along as well. They'd still be loners, no doubt, but they wouldn't have Eddy's outgoing personality to hold them together.

The other kids would certainly not be more accepting of them. Edd would still be outcast because of his being a brainiac and a neat freak (Dim Lit Ed), and Ed would be outcast for being a complete idiot (It Came from Outer Ed). Yes, Edd and Ed are on good terms with some of the kids on occasion, but it's often fleeting.

All the Eds are social outcasts, which is why they stick together. We see in the movie how important that dynamic is. They may sometimes get along with the other kids, but they are given nowhere near the amount of friendship or acceptance.
>>
>>93920226
But based on what we see in the show, the only reason that the Eds were ever hated and treated so badly, is because of Eddy's scams. Without Eddy, Ed and Edd wouldn't be that unpopular with everyone. Ed would be friends with Rolf, and Edd would be friends with Kevin, and through that, they'd be friends with everyone else. Ed and Edd being outcasts makes some sense to a degree, but if anything they'd only be close to Jonny's level.
>>
>>93920387
>they'd only be on the level of the guy who talks to a piece of wood because no one else wants to spend time with him
>>
>>93920454
Well, not really on his level. Ed and Edd would most likely be above Jonny & Plank, by a large margin.

Ed and Edd are both kind and compassionate individuals, so them being well liked is a very strong possibility. It's only Eddy being a huge jerk (because of his older brother) that got in the way of that.
>>
>>93919570
>or George and Lennie from Of Mice and Men.
>Tell me about the chickens, Double D
>>93919865
That sounds really fun.
>Ed going horror movie fan on the farm while Edd tries to get work done neatly
>Edd devising technowonders in Kevin's garage while Ed creates Frankenstein's bike
>>
>>93919440
If Eddy didn't exist, Ed would be Sarah and Jimmy's plaything even more than he already is, and Edd would spend all of his time alone in his room studying his ants and shit like that. Eddy helps the two of them get out and live life and, good intentions or not, without him the cul-de-sac would be fucking boring.
>>
>>93919440
They'd be pretty boring desu. Ed would probably be Sarah's lackey and Double D would be the neighborhood Chad's nerd friend. I guess that could be interesting, but not nearly as much as with Eddy around.
>>
>>93920009
>Kevin is the type of guy that cares about justice and protecting others and stuff
No, Kevin just doesn't like Eddy. He's like True Neutral except when it comes to Eddy. The best example of this is when Kevin actively antagonizes him over his middle name. No one was being protected because of that, Kevin was just being a dick.
>>
I feel like in the case of FusionFall, Ed and Edd would both be incredibly useful while for Eddy I couldn't really think of anything. Ed would know all about alien invasions and the kind of aliens/monsters that the Fusions are and is incredibly strong, and Edd would know all the real scientific facts and stuff behind it and has all sorts of technological and organizational skills and stuff, and between the two of them, they'd know exactly what to do during an alien invasion. But what could Eddy contribute to that?
>>
>>93921705
The reason I said that is because, in certain situations, Kevin usually becomes like a leader figure for everyone, rallying them all together against who he sees is the enemy.
>>
>>93920387
>>93920454
Edd and Ed get shat on all the time, independent of Eddy's scams. Besides, Edd is frequently shown to harbor a disdain for the neighborhood kids. Ed himself is the ultimate outcast, and is only consistently tolerated by Edd and Eddy.

The three of them balance each other out. >>93921493 and >>93921612 get it.

If the assertion here is that Ed and Edd would be better off without Eddy, than that couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
>>93921705
> He's like True Neutral except when it comes to Eddy

Hardly. He picks on both Edd and Ed as well. Not to mention openly ridiculing Jimmy and Johnny. Kevin's an all around asshole.

While he does dislike Eddy the most, he is far from neutral with the other kids. In fact, the openly person he's consistently nice to is Nazz.
>>
>>93921778
It's actually a difficult thing to pin down exactly how things would be without Eddy, because Eddy has such a huge influence in the cul-de-sac. Yeah, the kids shit on the Eds when Eddy is included, but who knows how they'd behave if there was never an Eddy to begin with? Who knows how many personalities were shaped in part by Eddy's existence? Honestly there are a million different ways this could go.
>>
Wow...Eddy really is the main character of the show.
>>
>>93922071
this.
the whole plot rests over the speculations about the life of the big brother of eddy.
>>
>>93919570
>that episode where they played X's and O's and Ed kept cheating

Comfy af.
>>
I was just thinking that if Eddy didn't exist, Ed and Edd would be friends with the other kids and wouldn't be "outcasts" due to the lack of a scheming selfish Eddy.

But... removing Eddy from existence is like removing Batman from the entire Batman side of the DC Universe. I never realized how important Eddy himself was to everything... Oh my gosh.
>>
Why are we making a wonderful life episode?
>>
>>93921778
>instantly gives up the jawbreakers for his friends
What a fucking bro.
>>
>>93919440
What would a 4th Ed's personality be tho?

>2 is a couple
>3 is company
>4 is a party
>>
>>93922885
The near-opposite of Eddy, just like Ed and Edd are near-opposites.
>>
What would you do if you lived in their neighborhood? Considering we're all adults I'd personally every now and then throw the Eds a bone and buy em some jawbreakers with my own cash.
>>
>>93924200
Apathetic and indifferent?
>>
>>93924941
Being a young single male with no kids I would probably not get involved in the affairs of the neighborhood children.
>>
>>93919570
>George and Lennie from Of Mice and Men.
>>93921367
>>Tell me about the chickens, Double D
Surprised there isn't a drawing of that.
>>
File: Double D the Vampire Hunter.jpg (762KB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Double D the Vampire Hunter.jpg
762KB, 2550x1650px
>>93919967
He consulted him for help with his bike in the episode when Double D was blown the fuck out from working on a model all night and basically a sleep zombie. Then another time when Double D was being asked to get info from Kevin, the two somewhat bonded over Double D recognizing Kevin's tools for his bike.
>>
>>93922885
4th Ed would probably be a completely mute kid who always resorts to violence. He'd be tiny but rough, like the enforcer of the group, but because he's small he always winds up getting his ass kicked.
>>
>>93922885
They all are exaggerated ends of a spectrum

Eddy: scammer, thief, untrustworthy, extrovert
Ed: dumb, non-caring, outcast
Edd: smart, resourceful, hesitant

so i assume a 4th would be exactly like Jimmy, since he's the exact opposite of Eddy.
>>
File: IMG_2411.jpg (105KB, 1140x822px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2411.jpg
105KB, 1140x822px
>>93922885
You can't just add a forth Ed. That's like adding a forth Stooge. Moe, Larry and Curly are all you need

Speaking of, how would life be if Edd never existed, and it was just Ed and Eddy?
>>
>>93919440
They kind of make up for one another faults, but at the same time make them worse. Like real friends.
>>
>>93925781
Actually, it probably wouldn't change that much. Since most of their plans end in failure anyway, this would just be par for the course. Except without Edd, many of their plans wouldn't even get off the ground.
>>
File: Ed goes beyond big trouble.png (1MB, 1150x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Ed goes beyond big trouble.png
1MB, 1150x1150px
>>
What if Ed Edd n Eddy had superpowers?
>>
Does Sarah have a chin? Or does she lack it, like her brother?
>>
>>93927155
Why is there a wood chip on his mouth? Did he eat Plank?
>>
>>93928718
It's a chip, like a Dorito or whatever.
>>
>>93928816
>>
>>93928348
They already do.
Ed - super strength and endurance
Edd - boy genius, able to make anything out of 2x4 junk
Eddy - Hyper yelling just like Black Canary and Banshee
>>
>>93929013
You forgot Toon Physics and Reality Warping. And Eddy's very fast, and has his "Ray of Riches".

Anyways, anyone ever heard of a canon-compliant superhero fanfiction called "Trial By Ed"? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7291857/1/Trial-By-Ed
>>
>>93921707
Eddy could scam the aliens
>>
>>93925067
Double D wouldn't be the George and Lennie comparison.

It'd be Eddy, and Ed.
>>
>>93920387
>Ed would be friends with Rolf
Ed would fuck that up quickly. Rolf is quick to get angry over something not being done right, and Ed would just try and help, mess something on the farm up, and send Ed to the old country.

Double D would be friends with Kevin, though Kevin would more or less just be using Double D for his intelligence, and since Double D is usually silent and used to be pushed around, he'd just take it.
>>
>>93925872
I feel like Eddy would eventually bulk up a bit himself, and use Ed as kind of an enforcer kid and they'd end up the school bullies and steal quarters for jawbreakers and etc just like Eddy's brother was before him without Edd around to ground them.
>>
>>93919440
Ed and Double D will be friends from start.
Double D will practically be the most friendly towards the kids in Cul de sac, Not to mention Nazz, Marie and Sara has a crush on him.

Ed is just a strong, Loves horror films and probably inflict massive pain during Halloween, Really defensive when his sister is endangered.

They're better off without Eddy
>>
worth mentioning that in an Eddyless world, that Jimmy wouldn't need headgear, his teeth only got messed up because of one of Eddy's schemes

also I like the idea of Edd & Kevin being close friends in this AU, I imagine Kevin would probably encourage Edd to be a bit less of a wimp overall(and unlike Eddy's attempts to do so in canon, would actually know what he's doing so would probably have some success)

also I could see Edd and Sarah becoming a thing since without Eddy to antagonize her, Sarah would probably take notice of Edd sooner(and without Eddy, Edd would probably give in to her affections eventually)

lastly I just realized what would probably be the biggest change caused by Eddy's absence; the Kanker Sisters, there not being three Eds around might shift things around quite a bit for them
>>
File: 1478056553977.png (420KB, 829x711px) Image search: [Google]
1478056553977.png
420KB, 829x711px
>>93930021
>Kankers
They're... They aren't here are they....?
>>
So does Eddy's brother still exist? His parents? Or his the house Eddy's family lives in just unoccupied all these years?

AU where Eddy ended up stillborn,
>>
>>93930740
It's just Eddy that doesn't exist.

A different scenario is what if Eddy's Older Brother didn't exist instead?
>>
>>93931195
In that case Eddy isn't a scammer. How it manifest itself idk, but his core personality probably isn't THAT different. I imagine he'd still clash with Kevin.
>>
>>93929800
I guess that'd make Double D Slim?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.