[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is up with the Venture Bros and cigarettes? Is there some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

What is up with the Venture Bros and cigarettes? Is there some symbolism with cigarettes/cigars that I don't get? They appear constantly and are the focus of many jokes.
>>
>>93911973
What's there to get? Lots of things are the subjects of jokes.
>>
>>93912000
>>93912000
I just was thinking about how often they are made the center of attention in the show

Pic related, monarch getting pissy over Girlfriend having a cigarette, Brock constantly smoking (even remember him being given a cigarette with chloroform or something in it), just off the top of my head. And then there's shit like the gag with monstroso constantly offering the Monarch a cigar during their conversation makes me think that's some kind of meta joke with tobacco.
>>
>>93912033
It's a show made by an old guy for other old guys

Tobacco used to be not only common, but seen as classy, manly, badass, blah blah blah

The whole show is basically a nod to things of the past, I'm guessing you're pretty young so think of it this way, I'm 27 years old, and even I remember times when you could still smoke inside clubs and restaurants, hell I was old enough to do it in my state by the time I was 18
>>
File: freud.jpg (636KB, 1412x2000px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
636KB, 1412x2000px
>>93911973
They are just cigars. Don't overthink it.
>>
>>93912063
Guess I can't disagree with that
>>
>>93912063
Hell I'm still 20 and I remember that
>>
>>93912175
Im 22 I do too but I was so young it didn't matter, I'm assuming he means he was able to participate in it
>>
>>93912033
There's also the bit with Monarch getting King Gorilla a carton of cigarettes at his release party, plus all the references to Girlfriend/Mrs. The Monarch being an incredibly heavy smoker back in the day, though those are more to do with her voice
>>
I remember some people in the fanbase reacting with minor outrage over Brock smoking an e-cig when he was on JJ's space station during an undercover mission.

Which is silly because the reason for him using one would be the fact they are... on a space station.
>>
>>93912213
One of the iterations of Hank and Dean were also killed by a single cigarette.
>>
>>93911973
Because both Chris McCulloch and Doc Hammer are avid smokers?
>>
>>93912255
Is that why the series take so long to come out? They keep stopping for Smoke Breaks?
>>
File: Mollysaslut.jpg (662KB, 1612x1838px) Image search: [Google]
Mollysaslut.jpg
662KB, 1612x1838px
New season when ?
>>
>>93912319
Trying to get yourself banned?
>>
>>93912319
This is from the Drawn Together Movie, not Venture Bros.
>>
>>93912335

no, but I lurk 99,9% of the time so whatever
>>
>>93911973
Cigarettes are called faggots, creators think David Bowie is a faggot, do the math, fag.
>>
>>93912347
>this is from the Drawn Together Movie

Might want to check it (I know it's shit, but still)
>>
>>93912667
RIP Sovereign

Too kino for this world
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.