[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally saw this movie, and I gotta say....it seemed like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: JemAndTheHologram_PosterArt.jpg (29KB, 344x485px) Image search: [Google]
JemAndTheHologram_PosterArt.jpg
29KB, 344x485px
I finally saw this movie, and I gotta say....it seemed like a slightly higher budget Disney Channel Original movie, it was clear the audience this movie was going for was the tween girl crowd NOT the tween girl crowd + fans of the cartoon

That being said, do those kinds of movies even get put in theaters? I mean Transformers kind of made sense, because blockbuster action movies do make money, but do Disney Channel style tween movies? I can't think of any I've heard in theaters, this movie as a whole just baffles me
>>
>>93911923
Too bad even Tweens haged it. But honestly I'm having a hard time visualizing a "tween movie" bedt I can think of is Princess Diaries.
>>
Plus this is 2017, I'm sure the tween little shits would watch the pirated source material before hand and be utter dissappointed with the noob knowledge they obtained
>>
>>93912010
>>93912092
Another thing that baffles me about it is the utter lack of promotion, the way they promoted it seemed to be in a way that only the actual Jem fanbase would even know about, which, is fucking odd considering Jem these days has a pretty niche fanbase seeing as they don't even still put out toys, aside from the odd thing for adult doll collectors

The entire thing just seems of a really odd situation that a company as big as Hasbro surely would have seen as being flawed, I mean the movie got pulled out of theaters in WEEKS, literally nobody went to see it
>>
File: IMG_2101.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2101.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
Was Truly Outrageous sung or performed at any point in the film?
>>
>>93912538
No songs from the original series were, in fact they even punked us by announcing a tribute album was coming out with newer artists playing some of the famous songs from Jem

Turns out they were just original modern pop songs that used the same titles
>>
>>93912010
High school musical
>>
>>93912661
well that's... truly outrageous
>>
>>93912687
Only one of those came out in theaters, and that's after it became something of a phenomenon
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.