[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are their Hanna-Barbera parodies/homages so good? >Space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: adultswim.jpg (34KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
adultswim.jpg
34KB, 1600x900px
Why are their Hanna-Barbera parodies/homages so good?
>Space Ghost Coast to Coast
>Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
>Venture Bros.
>Mike Tyson Mysteries
>Sealab 2021
>>
>>93900976
Hanna Barbera were the greatest cartoons in history, it make sense anything based around them would be good.
>>
>>93900976
Guess they really care that's all (Don't forget CN)
>>
>>93901009
Let's bee real, they are culturally iconic but a lot of them were just straight up cheap and bad
>>
>tfw I can't into Space Ghost or Sea Lab 2021
why are they so boring. I loved the other 3 that you listed.. I gave them the 'ol 5 episode try each too.
>>
Mike Tyson Mysteries being good is the most baffling to me, but when it hits it's fucking golden. The latest episode with the phantasm was so good.
>>
>>93900976
Cause nostalgia
>>
>>93900976
It's half the cartoons that Americans watched, especially if the examples are over 35 (which is average crew member for the listed cartoons). And that generation of comedy was mostly dub tracks and textbook Abridged Series when they started. It went hand-in-hand, honestly.
>>
>>93900976
For harvey birdman just having license to the charachters made it dope and the concept of each show is pretty dope to sans sealab which was good because of good writing over arguable one of the shitier hannah barberra shows
>>
>>93901747
Not really, most people watching these don't have nostalgia for them because they're too young. The only one I even watched as a child were the 80s Jetsons episodes that played on Teletoon
I guess the Scooby-Doo aspect of Mike Tyson works since every generation has several iterations to draw memories from though
>>
>>93902050
Wasn't one sealab ep just a redub of one of the original episodes to show how shit the series was?
>>
>>93901654
Some might say Space Ghosts hasn't aged well since a lot of shows have aped it's type of humour

Idk about Sealab though, i thought it was pretty good
>>
>>93902369
I wouldnt know but i think the whole show was using the original animation from 2020 similar too dbz abridged
>>
>>93902802
>A nuclear submarine crashes outside the station, and the crew of Sealab (in a rare occurrence) must work quickly to stop an environmental disaster from happening. The only "serious" episode in the show, this was an original episode of "Collision of the Aquarius" (from Sealab 2020) which was redubbed by the 2021 voice actors, with approximately half of the original episode's footage excised to fit the shorter running time. The end is also modified. The episode's title derives from the sequence number of the original episode its footage comes from.
>>
BIZARRO! BIZARRO! BIZARRO!

I love you bizarro!
>>
>>93903475
I see him in my nightmares desu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.