[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so fucking wrong with this comic book movie? Why the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Iron_Man_3_theatrical_poster.jpg (158KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Man_3_theatrical_poster.jpg
158KB, 259x384px
What went so fucking wrong with this comic book movie? Why the fuck is the Mandarin a dumbass brit
>>
>>93900228
It wasnt the manderin...
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 778x512px
>>93900228
They wanted the ironman movies to have no magic based villains (save them for Thor or whatever) and keep the villains mechanical/tech themed. Also they wanted to avoid any racial controversy. Why they picked a magic themed villain called the Mondrian I'll never know
>>
>>93900228
It was a sequel to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Don Cheadle as Gay Perry.
>>
He's not, he's a dumbass white american guy using a brit as a front.

The whole "Slattery is an actor" thing would've been completely fine if the actual Mandarin was a magical terrorist.

Hell they even set that up in the short they did
>>
Can someone explain why the secret service has shitty pistols in a universe where someone can make near infinite energy and high powered lasers and alien weapons?
>>
>Ten Rings terrorist organization
>All Hail the King short

If Iron Man 4 ever happens it'll be Tony and Strange vs. the Mandarin. They just weren't ready to introduce magic at that point.
>>
I'll repost my response from the MCU villain thread:

Also, can I just say how weird Iron Man 3 was? It's a movie about Tony overcoming his PTSD by relearning how capable he is without his suit but all he can do without his suit is hold a guy up with a gun and get captured? Meanwhile his obsession with his suits as a product of his PTSD paranoia is treated as a bad thing but that paranoia is what helps him accomplish anything
>save pepper by using his newly developed suit attachment tech (inspired by PTSD)
>remotely operating his suit to save the plane passengers (PTSD inspired
>uses his myriad of suits to beat Killian's army (all PTSD inspired)
>escapes Killian's clutches after being useless without his suit, by using his suit

Like if anything, the whole movie should have proved that he's right to be ruled over by his PTSD paranoia and he's completely incapable of doing anything of merit without his wealth of technology
>>
>>93901552
Isn't the entire point of the Mandarin as a villain to have Magic vs Tech as a theme?
>>
Im assuming they didnt want to piss off their Chinese market, the largest source of movie income in the world, with a comic accurate Mandarin
>>
>>93901983
African Warlord bin Laden was okay enough to stand on its own.
>>
File: Manletdestroysworldtradecenter.jpg (438KB, 964x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Manletdestroysworldtradecenter.jpg
438KB, 964x1065px
>Disney din't want to upset China with a real Chinese terrorist villain named The Mandarin. >Magic, at this point, was not fully established in the MCU.
>Shane Black wanted to troll the audience
>>
File: Mandarin.jpg (269KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin.jpg
269KB, 1280x720px
>>93902041
Except he didnt really make a whole lot of sense either. He was an amalgamation of several cultures to be the perfect poster child for terrorism. He should have been a combination of both Mandarin and Fing Fang Foom
>>
>>93901983
Then why don't choose another villain?They fucked Mandarin and replaced him for a Syndrome rip off.

Iron Man 3 is worse than any other third movie in any capeshit trilogy
>>
>>93902127
Not really. You got Boko Haram guys that tout islam and act like 90s African warlords in real life.
>>
>>93901931
Yeah but I remember reading that they wanted to stick to a tech theme
>>
>>93902154
You're also forgetting that they simultaneously fucked up Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo with one character in Iron Man 2, arguably the worst movie in the entire MCU lineup. So I doubt any other villain would have mattered, they would have fucked it up. Furthermore they had to do the Mandarin because hes Tony's most well known foe and he had not previously appeared
>>
File: IMG_1143.jpg (63KB, 264x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1143.jpg
63KB, 264x324px
>>93901552
But the Mandarin's "magic" rings are technology from alien dragons that's just so advanced it looks like magic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.