[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recent leaks are saying Odin dies at some point during the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 11

File: DBzxC58XoAA1HOE.jpg (161KB, 803x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DBzxC58XoAA1HOE.jpg
161KB, 803x1200px
Recent leaks are saying Odin dies at some point during the movie and relinquishes the throne of Asgard to Thor with his dying breath. The movie however ends with Thor feeling the 9 realms and Earth still need him as an active protector so he hands over his kinghood to Heimdall.

/tv/ is going to have a field day with this.
>>
>>93883819
WE ARE KINGZ NOW! is more accurate, but yes pretty much
Its going to be worse if Heimdall and T'Challa meet in Infinity War
>>
>>93883819
>>93883839

This forced meme isn't funny.
>>
Idris Elba pretty much despises these movies so I'm guessing either this isn't true or we're never seeing Asgard again outside of a small cameo.
>>
>>93883801
>not giving it to loki
You literally have someone that is next in line for the throne
>>
>>93883886
He doesn't mind them. You must be talking about the time he said he missed doing Mandela while he was shooting a scene for Thor 2.
>>
>>93883894
I don't know if you know this Anon but Loki is evil.
>>
>>93883886

Of course we wont since there wont be any new Thor movies and Thor wont be a part of the MCU after Infinity War.
>>
>>93883801
>Heimdall
Isn't supposed to die in this
>>
>>93883974
>Thor wont be a part of the MCU after Infinity War
OK, I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this
>>
>>93883957
And he's still has a right for the throne and disney is going to redeem him eventually just to kill him for drama
>>
>>93883801
Don't forget about the space penguins in Star Wars ep8 confirmed the leaks
>>
>>93884026

You can just fuck off and be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>93884044
Loki is not a true Asgardian and is a war criminal who committed treason. He's not getting the throne no matter what.
>>
>>93884061
This isn't /tv/. Try to be civil.
>>
>>93883801
I just love how all the black people talk about how they're so happy Panther is a largely black cast but (BECAUSE ITS IN AFRICCA MUH NIGGA THERES NO WHITIES THERE) but when you say the same case should have been true for Thor they bug out with "HES A ALIEN MY NIGGA OF COURSE THEY AINT ALL MILKTOAST WHITE BREAD NIGGAS"
>>
>>93884026
Probably from the combination of two things. First, I vaguely recall Hemsworth saying he is done and bowing out of doing Thor after Infinity War and Avengers 5. Second, this particular film is "Ragnarok," the Viking End Times.
Also, Ragnarok would be the third film; usually EVERYONE and their grandmother agrees after a solid trilogy to give the thing a rest.
>>
>>93883819
>>93883839
>>93884031
>>93884090
>>93884193

/tv/ genocide when?
>>
>>93884193
Black people weren't asking for Thor anything or an all black Black Panther. Get your persecution complex out here /tv/

>inb4youpostatwitterscreencap
>>
>>93883852
It's never been funny to anyone except actual racists
>>
I hope they recast Thor before the other actors and keep putting him random films in MCU. He would be a great comic relief.
>>
>>93884207

what you are not taking into acount is that Hemsworths carrier outside of the MCU is a trainwreck with one flop after another and Ragnarok seems like it'll make tons of money with its new guardians-like, even more child friendly, colorfull style, not to mention him and the Hulk being in the same movie.
>>
>>93884269
Number one ignoring twitter because its for normies doesn't really make you right when we're talking about normies. Also look at the comments on any article about thor, literally almost any of them, and it's black chicks and white dudes bitching about Idris Elba.

I also never said they were asking for anything, Bernardin, just that they will defend the horrible casting to the death while bitching at anyone who dare note the same casting was not done with Panther.
>>
>>93884310
>He goes on Twitter

Get out
>>
>>93884310
Klaw, Bucky, and Hobbit play significant roles in Black Panther. That's 3 white guys in BP vs.1 black guy in Thor.

What now?
>>
>>93884372
>He thinks he has any sort of authority simply because he REEs about social media

Key and Peele
>>
>>93884419
You wanna talk about how you go on Reddit too, /tv/?
>>
>>93884405
None of whom are Wakandan. If they'd made Nakia white like making Valkyrie black I might accept it as similar.

Why is xenophobia okay if it's black people doing it? Its the only defense you see for not having white Wakandans, they don't like outsiders. If Wakanda was a nation of white people they'd be known as being as bad as hydra. Monopolizing a precious metal and hating the outside world.
>>
>>93884461
I don't go on Reddit. But please, continue acting like the shit said on Reddit doesn't exist because you don't like it faggot.
>>
>>93884468
>Splitting hairs to help his argument

Again take your persecution complex somewhere else. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
File: IMG_6308.jpg (30KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6308.jpg
30KB, 720x540px
>>93884482
>Admits to being Reddit

Just stop son
>>
>>93883852
>forced

Fuck off there's nothing forced about it and it's a /int/ meme. >>93884091
We wuz Tumblr
>>
>>93884504
>Says "son" while phoneposting simpsons reaction images after intentionally misreading and thinks he's in any way respectable.

Talk about pathetic.
>>
>>93884487
>Splitting hairs
You don't know what that means do you? That's not a proper usage at all.
>>
>>93883801
>Thor feeling the 9 realms
I wonder how they feel
>>
>>93884519
Being civil is Tumblr. Do you think before you type?
>>
>>93884468
You know how I know you don't read comics and are just a /tv/ shitposter?

Wakandans are often portrayed as being assholes for having a negative disposition to the outside world. Hell, T'Challa got shit from people for withholding the cure for Cancer while his friend suffered and died from it(and I bet you can't name said person without Wikipedia).
>>
>>93884519
It's forced.
>>
>>93884540
Don't throw a shit fit because you exposed yourself as a Reddit shitposter.
>>
>>93884694
I hate my city
>>
>>93884579
You know how I know you're a newfag who's only read black panther? You think having a difference in opinion in a character you, i have literally NO SHAME in saying, probably do know more about than me means that I "don't read comics".

Only a newfag uses such an insult as it's about as provable and painful as "neckbeard, virgin, little penis" jokes are. Or a painfully pathetic faggot who'd be better of lurking than sharing their uberautism with the rest of us tards.
>>
>>93884694
>ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
Well if the don't have Balder or Beta Ray, Heimdall makes more sense then Sif or Loki I guess
>>
>>93883801
so, are the literal events of Ragnarok going to be depicted in the movie, like with the wolf and everything?
>>
>>93884571
Like bark, from your roots to your tips
>>
>>93884809
sure is summerfaggy in here
>>
>>93883801
Was it confirmed what the hell happened to Odin at the end of Thor 2 then? Haven't Loki (somehow)got rid of him already and claimed the throne for himself in disguise?
>>
>>93885548
Fenrir and Surtur are confirmed. Not sure about the world serpent.
>>
>Tony's parents die in Civil War
>Ego and Yandu die in Volume 2
>Ancient One dies in Doctor Strange
>MJ loses her dad in Homecoming
>Odin might die in Ragnarok
>Thanos dies in Infinity War
>Black Panther happens because T'Challa loses his dad
>Hank Pym might die in Ant Man and Wasp

Phase 3's theme is loss of parental figures, not unlike Return of The Jedi.
>>
Well, it IS Idris Elba, I'd give him my wife's son's chastity belt's key.
>>
File: 3467.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3467.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
>>93885606

>the MCU has "themes"

The theme for this phase is one quip per minute and a billion dollars in toy sales m8
>>
File: 1496110349568.png (31KB, 542x254px) Image search: [Google]
1496110349568.png
31KB, 542x254px
>>93885606
>MJ loses her dad in Homecoming
what?
>>
>>93883886
>>93883938

He'd just finished shooting as Mandela - a role that he's said many times meant a lot to him - and had go straight into reshoots for Thor:TDW. He wasn't in the right head-space to jump straight between two dramatically different projects.

The article was published with the headline "Idris Elba: Marvel Movies are Torture" so it's unsurprising that so many people got the wrong impression. In an interview a couple of weeks later he clarified that his comments had been misinterpreted. Here's the first quote:

"Did it take him a while to shake off Mandela?

“Mmm. Yeah. I mean, I didn’t quite shake it off.” It seems he didn’t have the chance. “It was really weird,” he begins. “I’d just done eight months in South Africa. I came to England and the day I came back I had to do reshoots on Thor 2.” He raises an eyebrow. “And in the actual scene my hair was different, my…” He stops and gives an exasperated sigh. “I was like, ‘This is torture, man. I don’t want to do this.’ My agent said: ‘You have to, it’s part of the deal.’”

In the scene in question in the superhero movie, “I’m actually falling down from a spaceship, so they had to put me in harness in this green-screen studio. And in between takes I was stuck there, fake hair stuck on to my head with glue, this f------ helmet, while they reset. And I’m thinking: ‘24 hours ago, I was Mandela’. When I walked into the set the extras called me Madiba. I was literally walking in this man’s boots. [Within] six months, the crew, we were all so in love with this film we had made. I was him. I was Mandela, practically,” he insists.

“Then there I was, in this stupid harness, with this wig and this sword and these contact lenses. It ripped my heart out.”
>>
>>93886031

Here's the second quote, where he explained that he'd been misrepresented.

"I was quite specifically talking about the comparison between playing Heimdall on one day, and playing Mandela on the next. That’s sloppy journalism, or just really bad misquoting. I have a great relationship with the Marvel team, and the character of Heimdall. People are really running with this thing like, 'Oh my God, he doesn’t want to be with Marvel anymore.' People thinking that comparing those roles means I don’t want to be with Marvel, well, that’s crazy.
>>
>>93886031
>>93886070

This will trigger anons but he's not coming off like a primadonna or self important to me. Sounds like a guy that hates his job sometimes like any other.
>>
Didn't Odin die in Dark World?
>>
>>93885707
Buzzwords
>>
>>93884809
>Being this mad that you were exposed
>>
>>93886183
Frigga died, not Odin.
>>
>>93884809
Just go back
>>
>>93883839
the meme your searching for is
>WE PRESIDENT NOW
or, adapted
>WE ALLFATHER NOW
>>
File: Pure Dissapointment .gif (789KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
Pure Dissapointment .gif
789KB, 144x192px
>>93883801
>Ragnarok
>No Ragnarok

I mean its predictable but that had an opportunity to reneg on the whole ''aliens'' thing with asgard and go full MAGIC but Im not surprised.

completly dissapointed but not surprised

>>93883819
neck yourself, your're meme is shit and so are you
>>
>>93884270
Nah, afrocentrists are retarded and deserve ridicule.
>>
>>93886644
Yeah, it might not be funny but only because it's fucking sad how dumb people who use it unironically are.
>>
>>93886649
You're meme is shit and everyone knows it you faggot

Do the world a favour and kill yourself
>>
>>93886263
>>93886245
>>93885570
you're going to need to prove you aren't a samefag faggot.
>>
>>93883801
I was about to ask why not Frigga but oops she's already dead.
>>
>>93886070
This is the most obvious studio mandated backpedalling I've ever seen. Poor guy, he should have signed as a villain, those guys cash the checks and never look back
>>
>>93886644
Why give such attention and effort to a small group of people?
>>
>>93887139
Whatever makes you sleep at night
>>
>>93886070
So it's a whole lotta nothin?
>>
>>93887139

Except that it's pretty obvious from the first quote that he genuinely was talking about the transition between being Mandela one day and a space god the next, and he didn't subsequently backpedal on anything he'd said. If it wasn't for the clickbait headline that the first interview used, I doubt anyone would have misreported his original comments.

I think it subsequently emerged that Marvel was only pissed off at him for letting slip in the same interview that Heimdall would appear in Age of Ultron, which he wasn't supposed to be talking about.
>>
>>93887559
>Except that it's pretty obvious from the first quote that he genuinely was talking about the transition between being Mandela one day and a space god the next

''it ripped my heart out''
>>
>>93887660

...hanging in from of a green screen in uncomfortable costume and makeup for hours when the day before - and every day of the proceeding eight months - he'd been totally consumed with inhabiting another character, which he hadn't left behind yet.
>>
I though he died last movie
>>
>>93887559
>“I was like, ‘This is torture, man. I don’t want to do this.’"
>i-it actually meant: "Gee I enjoy so much making these children power fantasy movies I don't even know what I'm saying anymore!"

You're in our prayers, Idris. The nightmare will be over soon
>>
>>93886828
>"I can't handle the ridicule so I'll just plug my ears and scream samefag!"
>>
>>93887986
The dude had a bad day at work. You can love your job and still have bad days.
>>
Only thing I care about from Rahnarok

ARE WE GOING TO GET A FULL, DETAILED HULK TRANSFORMATION? please marvel I need some new Hulk TF stuff for the spank bank, AoU was such a let down.
>>
File: Iron-Sheik.jpg (15KB, 396x272px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Sheik.jpg
15KB, 396x272px
no proofs? fuck off ya jabroni
>>
This actually makes sense. Who better to reign over Asgard than Heimdall? It makes sense from a plot perspective and i don't think it's some SJW thing.
>>
>>93883852

It's hilarious when you actually read all the African historical revisionism that goes into it. They basically take anything material people like and try to claim it was black people who invented it first. (Notice how they never take credit for immaterial ideas and concepts since they don't even notice those things exist and influence the material shiny things they like).

It gets really silly and dumb and proves how they're saying this stuff to make up for the low-self esteem they get when they realize how little their race has actually accomplished.
>>
>>93886031

No he's a dumb, shallow fuck that bites the hand that feeds him.
>>
>>93887986
>i-it actually meant: "Gee I enjoy so much making these children power fantasy movies I don't even know what I'm saying anymore!"

Complains about one day's experience of heavy CGI/practical stunt work = obviously hates entirity of his work in lucrative blockbuster film series.

Just because a ridiculous well paid actor talks about having a shitty day at work once in a while, it doesn't mean he hates his job.
>>
I'd want to see a reluctant King Thor.
That'd be the best thing to go for.
>>
File: 1467581647704.jpg (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467581647704.jpg
55KB, 300x300px
God I wish every moronic cunt who makes millions for playing pretend and bitches about it was rounded up and thrown into the fucking sun. Hearing actors bitch is maybe the only time I want another French revolution.
>>
>>93884487
>>93884579
But he has a point. Marvel Asgard is based off Norse legend, why is it okay to have black asgardians but no white Wakandians?

They're both fiction places.
>>
>>93887222
Because they're very loud.
>>
>>93888327
>tfw they didn't even really invent peanut butter
>>
>>93888810
Their families worked harder to earn that healthcare than the proles at some point in time
>>
>>93888703
Asgardians aren't Norsemen.
Wakandans are Africans.
>>
>>93888703
Because it's capeshit. They're comic books, not Norse legends. Go read actual Norse mythology if you want that. I don't see you complaining about Thor having blonde hair instead of red and Loki not getting fucked by a horse.
>>
>>93888810
Now watch /pol/acks fight tooth and nail to justify handing over their healthcare to rich fucks who don't need it.
>>
File: Kennedy.jpg (1MB, 1419x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Kennedy.jpg
1MB, 1419x1840px
>>93888833
Oh horseshit.
A lot of their ancestors were running illegal booze or playing other such scams, they come from a long line of scheming, rule-breaking scum.

Quit licking boots for a second.
>>
>>93888857
>Asgardians aren't Norsemen.
They inspired the norse legends, and Heimdall isn't depicted as black in those.
>Wakandans are Africans.
"African" isn't one race, either. Sub saharan africans are not the only africans.

>>93888871
>I don't see you complaining about Thor having blonde hair instead of red
I have complained about that, yes. But it's comparatively minor.
>Loki not getting fucked by a horse.
Did they ever say that didn't happen in universe?
>>
File: IMG_6733.jpg (16KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6733.jpg
16KB, 284x177px
>>93888833
>Their families worked harder to earn that healthcare
>>
>>93888911
Even in the real world, the sparse fragments we have left of the Norse Myths are pretty short on descriptions of anyone who isn't Loki, Thor or Odin.
Balder is described as incredibly good-looking, that's about it.
>>
>>93888960
He must be a Southerner, there's something in their genetics that cause them to reflexively lick the soles of someone in a clean suit.
>>
File: 1398472814010.jpg (159KB, 825x793px) Image search: [Google]
1398472814010.jpg
159KB, 825x793px
>>93888967
No one told you that Lolbertarianism is a Meme political movement?
>>
>>93888911
>I have complained about that, yes. But it's comparatively minor.

Wait so that's minor compared to one black guy being in Asgard? Do you also complain about Thor hanging out with talking horses and green monsters?

You're full of shit.
>>
>>93889039
>partisan faggot thinks he has any power
>>
>>93888911
>They inspired the norse legends, and Heimdall isn't depicted as black in those.

I dont remember Thor being depicted as hanging out with dudes dressed like the American flag either.
>>
>>93889059
Heimdal's excessive melanin is far more important to than Asgardian hoverchariots and teleportation cannons, clearly.
>>
>>93888967
>Says this while being a midwestern hick who works in a dying steel mill

Why are Republicans so willfully retarded?
>>
>>93889059
No, because the asgardians inspired the legends long ago in-universe.

You'd think the vikings would take notice of the one black guy.
>>
>morons that care more about the race of a character than quality of the product
>sjws
>/co/ idiots

Pick all
>>
>>93889131
>You'd think the vikings would take notice of the one black guy.

I dont think they've seen Heimdall. You know....because he stays on Asgard and guards the bridge?

Also

>Says the black guy is wrong because the Thor franchise is based off Norse mythology
>Changes his argument to in-universe

I saw that goalpost move. You can't get past me.
>>
LupEnd loves black penis
>>
>>93889187
Dont forget /pol/acks
>>
>>93889279
Ok son it's time to go back to your containment board.
>>
>>93889131
You'd think the vikings would take notice of Thor not being a redhead, like they made him in all their stories. They even thought the colour read was tied to temperament like it was with Thor.
>>
>>93889350
Sure thing kid. Time to go back.
>>
>>93884270
>>93883852
Why is 4chan so cucky now?
>>
>>93883894
>>93884044
>>93884084
If they go for redemption, I could almost see it going like:
>"Wh-? Him?! Why not me!"
>Thor smiles and grabs Loki's shoulder. "Because, we have work to do, brother."
>Drags a thrashing, panicking Loki into a portal back to earth.
>>
>>93889938
>it's a /tv/ poster missing his blacked threads episode
>>
>>93889131
No, cause blacks lived with Vikings. Vikings were the most travels culture of any people until modern times. They went to Canada, Russia, Middle East, Africa, oh, and places no one had inhabited before. Viking took slaves, AND soldiers from all these people (slaves could be soldiers at the same time) and they were didn't care about their culture or others. If they could take, they would kill and take, if they couldn't they would trade. They were ultimately a commerce people who just didn't care about playing by any local rules. The many cultures they interacted with actually informed their religious habit and changed their tales a bit. The Greenland and Iclandic Saga talk about frost giants they met in what we now know as Baffin Island. These were the Dorset people, and were usually a foot or so taller than the vikings, they were ancient north american indians who were killed by the eskimo's who came MUCH later.
>>
>>93889489
/co/ has a small but loud portion of visitors from reddit and cbr. comraderecs gets recommended to other sites fairly often, so it doesn't surprise me that we'd get some incoming traffic. I would dare say that we get the most off-siters of the hobby boards excluding /v/. /co/'s more flexible and open than /a/, which has a largely self-moderated community. It's no surprise then that you see comments like these. Well, we can't forget that there's a demographic that likes to start and falseflag political threads, both sides doing this.
>>
>>93885792
The dumbass meant Liz.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.