[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push? >tough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 65

File: QOjNvex.jpg (246KB, 900x721px) Image search: [Google]
QOjNvex.jpg
246KB, 900x721px
What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

>tough chicks dig nerdy guys
>>
>>93872700
That's not a lie, though.
>>
>Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it
>>
File: F U C K.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
F U C K.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>93872700
>you can achieve anything if you just persist
>you'll find your place in the world
>there's someone out there for everyone
Cartoons lied to me.
>>
>>93872700
Why isn't she wearing shoes?
>>
>>93873014
>there's someone out there for everyone
I think thats true anon. It just so happens that statistically that "one" is a 3-15 year old girl in eastern asia. You will most likely never meet that girl.
>>
>>93873084
Because the Kanker sisters are trailer trash.
>>
>>93872700
They just don't like you.
>>
You'll find happiness
>>
>>93873084
Because walking around inside someone else's house with dirty shoes is rude.
>>
>>93873084
>Wearing shoes indoors
Fucking barbarian
>>
>>93872700
>What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

That the world is a magical place.
>>
File: 1387240047689.gif (475KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
1387240047689.gif
475KB, 250x185px
>friend groups in American high schools are divided by strictly-enforced archetypes aka "the jocks", "the nerds", "the goths", "the preps"

I went to three different high schools, none of them were anything like this. Kids had their cliques, of course, human beings are cliquey by nature, but it was nothing like it is in cartoons.

Then again, maybe it was and I just never knew because I was constantly stuck as "the New Kid".
>>
>>93873084
Why is Double D wearing shoes inside?
>>
>>93872732
Self inserter
>>
People wear shoes in their own home
>>
>>93872700
Friendships are hard-forged things that last forever and not just vague arrangements of circumstance for mutual time passing that dissolve when there's no longer a viable reason to keep in contact.
>>
>>93873219
Nah, in my group we had guys would could qualify into several of the trope categories, it's mostly a cartoon thing.
Most the groups were pretty racially segregated though, seeing a black or Indian or white not hanging out with other blacks or Indians or whites was just weird.
>>
File: 3 arn_hel 1.JPG.jpg (699KB, 2475x1802px) Image search: [Google]
3 arn_hel 1.JPG.jpg
699KB, 2475x1802px
>Kids play sports in the street all the time

eh grew up in a sort of culdesac, even as a kid never really did or saw this ever maybe its because our elementary school was literally only one street away from us so we could just go play there.

>Girls would play sports with the boys

not even once.

>Kids have soap car derbys

psh only if you live on a literal mountain you do, if your city is flat as fuck youre screwd
>>
File: how-about-no-bear.jpg (215KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
how-about-no-bear.jpg
215KB, 800x480px
>>93872700
The Rich kids are naturally the bullies and/or douches.

>>93872732
Anon...
If it happened to you, you got lucky.

>>93873670
Most of that is situational. Happens in some places and in some it doesnt.
>>
>Black hair girls: Evil bitches that are also probablly sluts who hate everyone & just love to break the rules and defy authority

>Blond hair girls: Good Pure innocent daddys girls who are super freindly who play by the rules allways
>>
>>93872700
> validate my problems with other people
no, kill yourself
>>
>>93872732
Tomboys and short haired chicks are super hot yes but trust me from experience there is a reason they act and dress like that because they have issues... lots of issues.
>>
>>93872700
>That way he's gripping the control stick
Holy shit, has the artist never held a controller in their life?
>>
>>93872700
>Double D not only being good at video games but gets extremely competitive too

Headcanon accepted. Best headcanon since Marie secretly being an egghead herself.
>>
>>93874174
My cousin grabs joysticks that way.
He's a lefty
>>
>>93874215
Why? It makes it physically impossible to use the shoulder buttons.
>>
>>93872732
Even nerdy girls rarely dig nerdy guys.
>>
Just be yourself and you'll find friends who accept you
>>
>>93874071
Well, most of them are dykes, so yeah, they have issues.
>>
>>93874280
Speaking of lies

>all lesbians dig butch bieber-hair manfaces
>>
File: 1499409603240.png (460KB, 582x535px) Image search: [Google]
1499409603240.png
460KB, 582x535px
>>93874295
Most are though.
>>
>>93873868
> Ginger/red haired girls: Special pieces of power and assertiveness that always are the protagonists.
>>
File: why would you.gif (485KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
why would you.gif
485KB, 245x175px
>>93872700
untrue. had a female pal in our circle of total fucking nerd/weeb pals in hs who's hobbies included wrasslan, ranch-work, and atv muddin', who dated this weird nerdy fuck even WE spergs kept our distance from. taught himself c++ out of a book, cosplayed cloud strife despite never having played a FF game, and "tried" to flip a table when he decided to stop pretending to be sane

we never really figured her out, but she was good people. lost touch when we graduated ahead of her.
>>
File: 1412917828048.jpg (77KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1412917828048.jpg
77KB, 653x490px
>>93873356
>>
>>93874174
I used to play N64 that way. But that was my first experience with an analog stick and I didn't know better.
>>
>>93873868
Teen titans alone doesn't go with this.
>>
File: black grill confused.jpg (18KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
black grill confused.jpg
18KB, 403x389px
>>93874356
>>93873868
What shows you people watch?
>>
>>93874373
>Blackfire is an evil bitch
>Terra was nice but was manipulated into being evil
>And she was sort of a daddy's girl in a weird way
>>
File: that feel we know.png (49KB, 976x548px) Image search: [Google]
that feel we know.png
49KB, 976x548px
>>93873356
Im sorry things went that way for you Anon.
>>
>>93872700
Human cannonball acts use actual cannons
>>
>>93874265
This is perhaps the worst one yet

There can only be so many people that fit into the puzzle of generic common interests. There are indeed such things as people who will never fit in, and who will never be accepted or loved on account of how different they are.
>>
>>93873084
She is a foot slut
>>
>>93872700
>Irish and Scottish girls are always cute freckled redheads
>>
>>93873219
Its because that was more of a thing back when the people making those cartoons/movies went to school, so the 50's - 80's. From the late 80's on-wards however the divide between nerds, jocks, popular kids, and out-casts pretty much stopped being a thing as tech industries boomed, the obesity epidemic, the push to go to college, and school shootings became more common.

Tech industries booming made the nerdy kids more chic since now everything in society needs them to function so now people like nerdy kids and don't make fun of them anymore. Popular kids can no-longer be airheads because now everyone is being pushed to go to college so no one can get away with being dumb but attractive in school anymore. The obesity epidemic made it so that schools now have campaigns to get kids more active. So now you have some nerdy kids that are actually fit and Jocks aren't so unique anymore. The massive amount of pewee sports almost every kid was made to do by their parents also made it not that special to have done sports pre-highschool. As a result kids got exposed to sports and physical activity that haven't in the past. Thus the Jocks now-a-days are very diverse in terms of personalities and interests. As for the outcasts, school shootings. Kids tend to be super nice or at least try to avoid the outcasts without pissing them off or bullying them because Columbine happened.
>>
>>93874255
I disagree.
>>
>>93874715
It's not an opinion, it's an objective fact.

When a girl says she likes "nerdy boys" what she really means is she likes attractive normalfags wearing hipster glasses
>>
File: thingken emoji.png (284KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
thingken emoji.png
284KB, 1200x674px
>>93874265
Show makers used to assume all kids are normies.
When was the last time you saw a just b urself episode in a modern cartoon?
>>
>>93874593
If disfigured burn victims can find soneone everyone can. It's just a matter of looking in the right places and being at least remotely sociable.
>>
>>93874702
>Kids tend to be super nice or at least try to avoid the outcasts without pissing them off or bullying them because Columbine happened.
What? Maybe for like a couple weeks after that shooting happened, then everything went back to business. Bullies continue to bully. They might even make a Columbine joke about it if they're edgy enough.
>Ha, you angry, faggot? Going to shoot up the school?
I agree with mostly everything else you said, though. But bullies are still around and will continue to be around forever, this isn't something that changes with the times.
>>
>>93872700
It actually does happen. There was a trailer trash chick back in high school that could kick my ass that always wanted to have sex.

I didn't because I'm a cowardly beta.
>>
>>93874780
These days everyone starts shrieking about SJWs if you do that.
>>
>>93874702
>Popular kids can no-longer be airheads because now everyone is being pushed to go to college so no one can get away with being dumb but attractive in school anymore.
This is complete bullshit, this was still happening in school when I was going in 2000's. Hell there's still cliques depending on what you llike and don't like. Most of it depends on who is popular, with a designated unpopular clique, with a bunch of randoms in between. There were jocks and cheerleaders, but they weren't the most popular. Most popular was down to being an asshole and having charisma.
>>
>>93874751
No, that's a meme. There's plenty of women who like actual nerds but you need a decent personality for them to be interested. And they tend not to be very social themselves so your chances of meeting one are lower than your chances of meeting an average person.
>>
File: 1234132431241243.png (157KB, 1070x868px) Image search: [Google]
1234132431241243.png
157KB, 1070x868px
>>93874814
>Be /k/ommando for years, gun lover even longer
>High school was absolutely filled with mocking "watch out, anons gonna shoot up the school!" or shit like that
I mean, I'm glad I got out before the real life "everyone is a potential school shooter" shitposting started getting pushed as hard as it recently has
>>
>>93874814
Never saw that in my high school. Bullying was non-existent. Yeah we'd all make jokes about some kids being edgy or sheltered but it never entered into bullying. Hell if anything people could be a bit patronizing about outcasts but never bullying.

>>93874843
The most popular kids in my high-school were also the best students and usually the most friendly people around. Maybe its because I went to school in New York City and we had several thousand people in the school. There was no such thing as an unpopular clique, hell I have a hard time even remembering if we had cliques like that. Kids tended to split off more on nationality, race, and having had the same classes with each other.
>>
>>93874784
Disfigured burn victims are capable of being charismatic people though. Fires won't burn away your personality. I've met many a fat guy with plenty of friends simply because, despite his girth, he fits right in and gets tons of laughs from tons of friends. I don't wanna sound vain when I say this, but I'm not a half bad looking guy. The Danish genes from dad's side have counteracted most of the negative stuff from my Filipino mom's side and vice versa: I'm 6'2", light brown, and look like that one face Andrew Loomis always draws, but with hints of the 'ol tomato nose Filipinos have, just not as pronounced.

Problem is, simply not looking like an autist does not rid you of autism or weird interests and traits.To this day, I haven't found anyone who can tolerate exuberance, and there's nothing I loathe more than feeling like I'm a nuisance, so I stay quiet. No one wants to talk about the scientific shit some entomologist-in-progress is up to. I cannot judge others for having different interests. If the average person is more into celebrity gossip, sports, and pop music, who am I to judge? If I judge them for what they like, how am I any better than anyone judging me for what I like?

/and blogshit
>and a polite sage to boot

Bottom line is, no. There are pigeon men out there. I might just be one of them
>>
>>93874780
Steven Universe is pretty much that all the fucking time.
I don't think Clarence did it but all the kids on that show are really chill and don't have any filter except Belson and Jeff who's just a dick.
Oh maybe the episode where Clarence accidentall goes to a different school and the actual new kid is too shy to even tell anyone he's the actual new kid they think Clarence is.
Oh and sorta the episode where Jeff hides he has an extra toe and in the end everyone starts blurting out their hidden insecurities and the big kid reveals he's double jointed and thanks Jeff for showing him he can be himself.
>>
>>93875072
>Maybe its because I went to school in New York City
There's your fucking problem then.
I can assure you normal, good old fashion bullying is alive and well in most other places.
>>
>>93874784
>Looking in the right places
>Least bit Sociable

I'm really insecure about my looks, but I'm pretty aware my looks aren't why I'm alone. I'm alone because I'm a social retard and finding the right places and being the least bit sociable are really fucking hard especially if you go decades without really figuring that out.
>>
>>93872700
It's less "tough chicks dig nerdy guys" and more "tough chicks come from shit homes and want to date someone so far below their league that they feel awesome without having to do anything". It's usually just a phase that doesn't last very long, unless she's especially clingy.
>>
>>93874784
>being at least remotely sociable
>tfw you legitimately spend around 13-16 hours a day on 4chan if you're not working that day
>>
>>93875084
>nobody wants to talk science, everyone is interested in gossip
Now that is some bullshit. I don't know you so I won't comment on anything else but you clearly look in the wrong places if this is the only type of people you know.
>>
>>93873356
Me and my buddy have nothing in common and have been bros for over 15 years, I'm sorry your friendship went awry.
>>
File: RhodesiansNeverDie.jpg (188KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
RhodesiansNeverDie.jpg
188KB, 680x750px
>>93873356
I know that feel bro
>tfw haven't had a single friend in 5 years
>>
>>93875218
Doesn't stop you from being sociable. Though having more varied interests would definitely help.
>>
>>93873670
I played with my neighbor kids on the street all the time. Mostly touch football with improv goal lines.

Also, a tomboy girl played with us. She was pretty good too, she ended up becoming a curvy (the good kind, not the fat kind) big tittied lesbian thot.
She'd be amazingly hot if it wasnt for her caveman 5head.
>>
>>93875084
I'm also the sort who can ramble for hours about shit nobody cares about. Find some awkward asian chicks. They get caught up in other people's enthusiasm really, really easily, regardless of what you're talking about. As long as you're energetic about what you're talking about, they'll fucking love being around you.
>>
>>93875340
How am I supposed to be social when I never leave the house?
>>
>>93875327
>Haven't had a friend in 10 years
>Starting to think maybe it was even longer and the one friend you thought you had you were just a burden on
>>
>>93872700
everyone finds their special someone in the end

sometimes you just become old and bitter
>>
>>93875302
It's not a matter of going awry, anon. It's just a matter of life having.

You leave high school, all your friends go to different schools in different places, you meet up a few times but it becomes a hassle nobody has time for, you develop different interests and don't have as much to talk about anymore, and eventually you just drift off.

And it's not always a bad thing. At least, it's not miserable. I have a decently sized extended family that live nearby and my immediate family are all very close to me, and my coworker is a buddy on the job; we just don't do anything in our off time because he has to have a second job to provide for his family.

So I don't have any friends in the real world, but that's okay. I have one or two close internet friends and a close family. It feels off when I think about how much pop culture imposed the importance of friends on me, but it's okay to live without people who drag you off to bars and sports games and get you stuck in prison or whatever. You can just have casual friends and acquaintances. Your life won't end because of it. And it's okay when you drift away from old friends. It feels wrong, but it's just a thing that happens, and it doesn't mean anything's wrong with either of you. It just happens.
>>
>>93875372
Internet, genius. Do you know how many people use it? And you have better chances of finding people with common interests and it's easier to hide your autism this way.
>>
>>93875424
4chan isn't exactly the best place to make friends, the guy you talked to in one thread you may never talk to again, and even if you do you'll never know it because you're both just anons.

4chan is the place we go because there's nothing left of us.
>>
>>93875456
You'd be surprised. But it is harder now with all the newfags.
>>
>>93875456
>4chan is the place we go because there's nothing left of us.
Im just here to pretend to be edgy and call people faggots for not liking what I like, don't lump me in with /r9k/
>>
File: 1486875855287.jpg (71KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486875855287.jpg
71KB, 480x720px
>>93875456
>4chan is the place we go because there's nothing left of us.
We are all of us empty shells of human beings

But at least we're empty shells of human beings together. And that's not nothing.
>>
Government employees are the only ones competent to use guns, and that theyr'e completely useless.

>>93872732
>Implying ANYONE digs nerdy guys.
>>
File: 1458808559107.jpg (80KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458808559107.jpg
80KB, 422x600px
>It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved
>Any variation with experiencing X and then losing it.

I've never eaten pancakes or waffles, and to this day I've never felt any urge to taste them.

Similarly, I've never had a real friendship or romance, and I'm disconneted from my family, wasting my days away in near complete solitude and I feel pretty alright, because I simply don't know what I'm missing out. I'm sure that if I had experience those things earlier in my life my current state would be soul crushing.
>>
>>93875526
Look man if you ain't hurting anyone (yourself included), don't sweat it. There's a sorta zen peace you find with that kind of thing after a while. Either it'd be too much trouble to keep railing against it or you start noticing all the glaring flaws that having those things would bring along, but you can still be happy as you are.
>>
>>93875525
Nerdy guys are cute as fuck. Nerdy autists not so much. If you don't act like a retard and have at least somewhat likeable personality you're good.
>>
>>93874702
Coming from someone who graduated a few years back I can tell you a majority of what you said is utter bullshit. Maybe it's not how it once was, but to say things like the tech boom and Columbine and even peewee sports suddenly did a 180 on everything is absurd. Quite a few people I saw and even knew were clearly at the very least overweight, both male and female. Things went from "I'll just get a job at the factory if I get bad grades" to "well I'll just get the bare minimum and then go to a community college or just stick with McJobs", and cliques are still very much a thing, albeit not as hostile and aggressive with each other like the past but still very real nonetheless. And now that social media and things like kik exploded in popularity (regardless of it being good or bad, personally I never liked it) you'll find that people lean to talking shit online instead of each others faces and either have things blow over or the slightly less common brawl at lunch or in the hallways before class starts, usually it was the girls who did the latter. But the saddest of all was the fitness. Holy jesus were there a bunch of people out of shape. I'm no Arnold Schwarzenegger or Michael Phelps, but at least I can manage to do at least 20 pushups, everytime in gym the only ones who could remotely do shit like that were the guys who played a sport and people like me who just liked staying in shape. Maybe it's because I went to a more ghetto school, but I can say for certain those things listed are still a thing, and will most likely always be a thing.
>>
>>93872700
The strictly divided highschool hierarcy.
It exists, but, it's not that strict and it's more about background and being able to do the same stuff, not about some nebulous thing that people think it was.

Oh and guys all want the bitchy, tough, tomboy, know it all, take no nonsense, swole chick.
We don't.
We call those bitches and or dykes and ignore them unless they're hot/the pussy is on the table thus we can hatefuck them till the dislike for them can be focused elswhere.
If not then they're completely ignored.

Sorry lesbian feminist agenda...

"Be yourself and you'll get that person, that thing you always wanted".
If being yourself worked they'd have those people and things that they wanted.
It's mostly just empty platitudes to shut people up/ways to talk people into not improving themselves.
>>
>>93875678
Think of it this way, if you have to pretend to be completely different to get someone to like you, is it worth it? That doesn't mean you shouldn't improve of course but being someone else for the sake of getting people to like you will just make you miserable with friends you don't even like.
>>
>>93875526
Nah I'm living with constant regret of everything I think I've missed out on
>>
>>93872700
>Vegetables are gross and You don't want to eat them.
Ban This Sick Filth.
>>
>>93875599
You're on /co/, when you say "nerdy guys" /co/ thinks you're talking either about some normalfag with non-prescription glasses or a full on neckbeard, there is no in between.
>>
File: 1470803951076.png (393KB, 735x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470803951076.png
393KB, 735x800px
>Living in a desert state/city means its hot all the time
>Living in a northern city means it allways cold
>Living in a big city/Downtown area its allways hectic/busy and grimy and dirty as fuck.
>Living in the midwest or texas, there is literally nothing around you for miles
>>
>>93876607
Except all of those are true.
>>
>>93872700
>Girls don't like me cause I'm nerdy. Cartoons have lied to me.
No girls don't like you because your a butt hurt little piss baby who blames other people for your own short comings.
Find a constructive hobby, or kill yourself, but don't come crying to /Us/
>>
>>93876738

t. cityfuccboi
>>
>>93872700
Pan proved this right twice
>>
>>93877158
Didn't Pan admit on a video that he jerked off while crying immediately after a goth girl rejected him?
>>
>>93877235
Unless Sheepy dumps him none of that matters
>>
>>93876607
>Living in Chicago is like living in Iraq

That's only partially true for certain neighborhood. My neighborhood isn't perfect but it's not bullet ridden. We just have shitty neighbors.

Otherwise Chicago's a great place! So long as you stick to the main streets. :v
>>
>>93875456
I was gonna say 4chan isnt the only site out there but just remembered I found myself friends with a good number of people from this site. You go to /r9k/ when you have nothing left. It's not farfetched you can find friends on a site centered at hobbyists of various flavors.
>>
File: 1436949726041.png (488KB, 751x679px) Image search: [Google]
1436949726041.png
488KB, 751x679px
>>93877419
mfw New york is allways depicted as a crime ridden shithole when there are places like Shootcago And LA Exist, not even to mention that memphis is one of the biggest murder cities in the US.

also too be fair most depictions of new york in cartoons from our time come from the pre-gentrified Era
>>
File: CN_chicagosunset.jpg (298KB, 750x350px) Image search: [Google]
CN_chicagosunset.jpg
298KB, 750x350px
>>93877653
>Shootcago
Man why ya gotta be like this. This city isn't perfect but I love it.
>>
>>93876579
desu fuck anyone wearing non prescription glasses for accessories
>>
>>93875288
You ,must not know many normalfags.

Sure, there's tons of folks on /an/ who'd love to talk about arthropods with me. I OP the /invert/ general, for crying out loud. Problem is, I'm not gonna find anyone, not even in a university setting, who's gonna want to talk about that kind of stuff. Most people are quite freaked out by creepy crawlies. The kind of people on /an/ and /v/ who like to learn about these things are normally non-existent in Normieville
>>
>>93874825
>chick at work covered in tattoos and probably weighs more than me
>keeps telling me about her nipple rings and how she's dying to be with someone
Sh-should I go for it? All of my beta senses are telling me to stay away, but its not like I ever have any fun listening to them
>>
File: Mega Charizard Y Pikachu.jpg (103KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Charizard Y Pikachu.jpg
103KB, 1500x1500px
>>93872700
No lies were pushed.
You just believe in things you see in fiction easily.
Just because something is put in a cartoon often, doesn't mean there is some underlying statement trying to be made.
>>
>>93877521
/k/ has meetups all the time, the problem is I'm to scared to meet anyone here face to face and shatter the illusion that is anon
>>
>>93877943
>Settling for tattoo'd fatty who has nipple rings
I'd say if your standards are that low you might as well just say fuck it to sex all together and just go straight for the wizard powers.
>>
>>93878107
I hear /k/ommandos are the most community oriented and enjoyable people to be around over any other board. Let your love for gun guide you to good pals.
>>
>>93873670
Playing futbol while dodging cars is one of the best memories I had as a kid, girls also played futbol too, they sucked at it though, heck we often played that until 11PM since most of our parents got out of work at 10.

I guess it is very different to what most would have had these days.
>>
>>93878209
B-but, people scare me, it's easier to interact with them when you or they have no face and no fear of saying something stupid that earns you permanent scorn
>>
File: 1434949012874.gif (2MB, 244x249px) Image search: [Google]
1434949012874.gif
2MB, 244x249px
>>93875385
>Haven't made any new friends since the end of high school 10 yrs ago
>Any attempts made in college/uni ended in my being ignore
>Even had two fuckhead feminist hipsters in my group once during an exercise who only ever talked to each other
If it weren't for this fucking website I'd lack any sort of social 'interaction' outside work
>>
>>93878209
You'd be surprised how a love of guns and weaponry in general can surpass just about any other bias one might have.
>>
>>93874958
You should have showed them anon
Showed them all
>>
>>93878590
But then they would have just stared smugly at me as they died, their dying words being a heavily mocking "gee anon, you actually shot up the school? What a loser"
>>
>I kept reading blueetie
What is this autism
>>
File: fake cartoons.png (136KB, 524x359px) Image search: [Google]
fake cartoons.png
136KB, 524x359px
>>93872700
>>
>>93878319
But they will still have no face over the internet unless you talk with them separately outside of 4chan. And nobody is going to magically know which posts are yours. Plus you can always talk with people online instead of going to a meetup, that way it's just like you're talking with a bunch of namefags.
>>
>>93872700
>common lies that cartoons try to push

girls playing video games is an obvious lie
>>
>>93873670
>Kids play sports in the street all the time

It was very common when creators of cartoons were kids but not for next gen
>>
>>93874196
>Marie secretly being an egghead herself.

what?
>>
>>93873356
Yeah if you fucking suck at making friends
>>
>>93879911
I knew a couple that played smash, Pokémon and Halo...

They sucked at all of them but still played. Then there was one who was a sonic fan the shared hate for 06 actually made us good friends.
>>
File: My Brain.png (292KB, 379x400px) Image search: [Google]
My Brain.png
292KB, 379x400px
>>93875201
Shit, THAT'S how I got laid in University.
>>
>>93879911
Most of the ones I know play games, maybe you're just shit at meeting them. And it's not like you know you're playing with women online most of the time anyway.
>>
>>93880002
>I got laid

sorry but you can't post here
>>
>>93879941
Dude it was common in the 90s,some parents gave 0 fucks about stranger danger and we could stay up to 11 pm to play flashlight tag or get inside and play golden eye or smash on someone's n64.

Heck I think I might be one of the few that got to have Pokémon sleep overs with my neighbors in wich we basically spent all of our money on AAA batteries to stage tournaments between ourselves.

Kids play man, a bunch of cars make for good goal posts and the street is a nice playground.
>>
>>93879799
But anon
namefags are cancer, therefore facefags must surely be even more cancerous
>>
>>93872700
That you'll ever get (or even deserve) a chance or a "shot" at something
Work hard? Yeah, there's no guarantee that you'll do well in school or college, that you won't get butt fucked by debt, nor that you'll get something even remotely close to your dream job. You won't even be able to try and see if you can do that job well or not.
That girl you like? You can do everything right and it's very possible she won't even look in your direction, let alone even getting a pity date.
How about making friends with someone you admire or really like? They could just straight up think you're a loser and only hang out with you cause they feel bad for you, did you actually think they liked you?
You'll rarely have a chance to do a lot of things, you're never owed these chances and they don't come again. You're not the fucking hero of any story, and things won't always just work out.
>>
>>93880144
All true, you can fail at any point even if you do nothing wrong but if you give up you'll definitely never accomplish anyhing. What is better, disappointment with a chance in the future or never having any chance in the first place?
>>
>>93873117
>Implying Asian Lolis would be interested in any of the Denizens of this sight
If only
>>
>>93880238
I'm by no means saying give up, just that shows have the character's succeed where, realistically they should fail. Of course a show about a character failing all the time could be depressing as fuck, I'd be nice to show that that some things work, other don't.
You probably won't get the girl of your dreams but doesn't mean you won't mean somebody that you like.
You won't get the job of your dreams but you could work to get a job your satisfied with.
So on and so forth, I think the sheer amount of work it takes to succeed in most endeavors is lacking in a lot of shows, life ain't gonna go your way and it's gonna take a lot of time, energy, and work to really get to somewhere remotely close to where you wanna be. But even still, you're never owed these opportunities nor someone's affection or even attention, sometimes things just don't work out and you have to accept that, tv characters don't have that happen, things frequently just sort of work out for them
>>
>>93874265
Not entirely untrue. You're here arencha?
>>
>>93877943
Sure, why not? At the very least it should be interesting.
>>
>>93880449
4chan doesn't accept eachother.
I wouldn't even say they tolerate eachother
>>
>>93872700
It depends on what you mean by nerdy. If it means shy or awkward, I think those kind of guys can be endearing and rather sweet, and it is fun trying to draw them out of their shell, although I wouldn't want to date one. If it means "has a hobby I don't give a shit about" that basically describes almost every relationship between women and men and since the beginning of time, it's not a chad thing or a nerd thing. How many chicks you know into fixing bikes and cars?

Also people are people, nobody really fits into one category. I dated a dude who spent hundreds a month on Magic the Gathering but he was big into football too and looked like a linebacker. And a guy who was into classic cars and also collected toys (mostly Transformers). The real world isn't black and white like that at least not in my experience. More guys than you think have nerdy interests, if girls wrote them all off we would never get laid ever.
>>
>>93873356
I just lost my best friend a few weeks ago too, anon. We're going to be okay.
>>
>>93881907
Friends can be tricky. I'm fighting not to let that happen but the person in question is doing everything to make me give up on them. Worst part is I know it's not on purpose but at some point I can't ignore lack of any effort to fix the situation. I hope things work out for you. And me.
>>
>>93877676
It's a mismanaged shithole that drags the entire state down and the only reason why you are able to live comfortably is massive segregation.

My only prayers for that place is the violence spills over to your perfect little oasis.
>>
>>93872700
That isn't a lie. Intelligence is a trait a lot of women love in a man. And it's not so much tough chicks, as it is the dumber ones that come from bad homes or poor backgrounds that especially love it.

If you're out here trying to snag tough punk chicks first of all, you entirely misinterpreted Maries character (like all of 4chan does somehow) because she's just trailer trash with blue hair and only that, and second, punk chicks are unreliable mental cases. Nobody gets anything out of them besides people willing to abuse them and suckers who are willing to settle down with them once they hit their wall.
>>
>>93874780
Yeah sorry channers if the majority of people are not contrarian angry nerds like you
>>
Pooing without having a lot of blood come out isn't normal.
>>
>>93872700
Let's be fair, Double D wouldn't be considered a nerdy guy on appearance to most girls. Physically he fits more into a skater boy category. He probably would be able to get a girl like Marie liking him in real life.
>>
>>93874237

You have three whole other fingers to use the triggers.
>>
>>93872700
The good guy always wins.
>>
>>93873187
>what are socks
>>
>>93872700
should we turn this into a tough girl x nerd boy thread
>>
>>93874407
what about raven and moth's daughter
>>
>>93875327
>>93875385
>>93878330
why don't you three become friends with each over
>>
>>93877943
how fat is she, how many tattoos does she got, what are her tattoos and what do you look like
>>
>violence never solves anything
A lie propagated to keep the masses passive and compliant.
>>
>>93880144
>You're not the fucking hero of any story, and things won't always just work out.
I've heard it called "Protagonist Syndrome", wherein a person fails to really accept when things go to shit because their mindset is that they are the hero of their own story and that the rest of the world is just a bunch of set pieces designed to give flavor to their own tale. In their mind, it's unfathomable that they will lose the job they love because their working there is part of the reward for going through the trials of the story, so when they end up getting fired or laid off it comes as a genuine shock leading to severe depression (only for mental gymnastics to kick in a few days later, integrating the loss into the story).
>>
>>93883340
More like nobody wants to spend time explaining little dumb kids when it's ok to be violent so they teach them not to be and hope they will figure out the exceptions on their own when they grow up.
>>
File: yep.jpg (26KB, 291x303px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
26KB, 291x303px
>>93874071
>they have issues... lots of issues.
>>
>>93872700
>Bought your first gun
>It doesn't make a ton of clicking and rattling every time you pick it up
Felt so bizarre at first
>>
File: zergbab.jpg (17KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
zergbab.jpg
17KB, 300x400px
>>93884823
What'd you get?
>>
>>93885202
SKS, I'm Canadian so they still go for like $225 up here.
>>
File: 1500018698606.jpg (16KB, 403x448px) Image search: [Google]
1500018698606.jpg
16KB, 403x448px
>>93872700
>mfw had crazy ginger chick in hs
>constantly berated me
>threatened bodily harm
>made me feel things (chest things)
>she invited people to party
>barely anyone showed up, save for me and a few of her "friends" (everyone else kept their distance)
>everyone sat on the top portion of waterslide
>caused it to sag, so everyone pretty much slid onto each other
>her wet flesh against mine
>ithasexpanded.gif
>luckily, everyone slid down at once, so they couldn't see it in the chaos
>nearly ended up with a busted leg
It was a good day.
>>
File: INNA WOODS.jpg (997KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
INNA WOODS.jpg
997KB, 1920x1200px
>>93885262
good choice m8

you now know what to do
>>
File: it rant.png (86KB, 1343x469px) Image search: [Google]
it rant.png
86KB, 1343x469px
>>93872700
Oh, there's a lot...
>>
>>93884823
I'd be too terrified of a gun to shoot it if it clicked and rattled. That means something is very wrong.
For rifles, to get the clicking noise in competitions, you loosen the butt-plate a little.
>>
>>93885598
Had the SKS for years now actually, my collection has grown a bit into a nice, happy family of a bunch of non-clicking guns that don't make a pumping noise whenever you aim them.

>>93885622
>I'd be too terrified of a gun to shoot it if it clicked and rattled
Believe it or not a lot of people trust their lives to Taurus
>>
File: taurus.jpg (1MB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
taurus.jpg
1MB, 1275x1650px
>>93885706
pfffhahahh
>>
>>93885614
... fuck that's depressing
>>
>>93876607
>Living in a desert state/city means its hot all the time
Well, in winter it gets colder, but not nearly as cold as elsewhere. It snowed maybe half a dozen times in the 12 years I lived in Southern New Mexico.
>Living in a northern city means it always cold
Seattle's been kinda nippy compared to home. It's never even broken triple digits.
>Living in a big city/Downtown area its allways hectic/busy and grimy and dirty as fuck.
You've never been to Downtown Seattle. Its filthy and smells bad. Cool bars though.
>Living in the midwest or texas, there is literally nothing around you for miles
Well... this is totally true for the VAST majority of the area.
>>
>>93876607
God I'm sick of always hearing that shit from city-lovers, like they all live such full fucking lives in places like New York, LA, and Chicago.

Bullshit.

Nobody who actually lives in New York or wherever spends all their free time 'soaking in the culture' and going to museums and galleries and festivals and shit like that. Most people living in the city can't afford to do that shit regularly for a start, and even the ones who can get bored of it pretty quick. My sister sold me that 'big city culture' crap for three years when she moved to Chicago to get away from our "boring little town". Every week we talked to her we had to hear about how much better things are in the big city - the food, the entertainment, the people, yadda yadda yadda.

You know what it turned out she spent 99% of her free time doing? Hanging out at people's shitty apartments, eating shitty take-out, going out to drink at shitty bars, and surfing the internet - same shit EVERYBODY does.
>>
>>93876738
Fun fact about deserts, they can get really cold at night, even below freezing. It's one of the dangers of getting lost in one.
>>
>>93876607
How the fuck is this a bad thing? I love the fact that once you're out in the countryside, you don't have to deal with goddamn anyone at all.

I mean fuck, I set off fireworks in the comfort of my own yard (albeit a 40 acre yard, but still) and it was fucking fantastic.
>>
>>93876402
this. i've never had a problem eating vegetables as a kid. maybe something like asparagus which i still don't like very much. but broccoli and spinach? fucking delicious, especially when you cook it beyond just steaming it plain.
>>
>>93886331
Same story, I've got two siblings living in big cities (Seattle and San Fran) and I constantly have to hear the brag about how much better everything supposedly is, when I know they're both probably just spending all their time at home on the computer.

Worst part of living in the rural part anywhere *near* a big city is that all the drugs, crime, poverty, and filth infects EVERYTHING around them.

I live like four hour's from Chiraq, but our town's constantly having to deal with gang shootings, drug dealers, welfare migrants, etc pouring out of that shit hole.
>>
>>93882918
You were never the good guy
>>
>>93886331
>Nobody who actually lives in New York or wherever spends all their free time 'soaking in the culture' and going to museums and galleries and festivals and shit like that.

I think most people who says they like living in the city is because it's a 2 minute walk to a pizza place.
not because of any pretentious bullshit, just being able to get food quick
>>
>>93873356
I met my first best friend in middle school, we ran into each other playing Gauntlet Legends at an arcade, each blew like $20 trying to reach the end boss, and were friends for years after, even went to college together.

Then he moved away and we lost touch. Nobody's fault, it's just how these things go.
>>
>>93886889
I've never understood the issue people have with green vegetables. I mean, if you're just eating fucking boiled green beans straight out of a can then of course it's going to be fucking disgusting, but fresh green beans sauteed with a little bit of garlic and salt is god damn heaven on a plate.

>>93886927
>I live like four hour's from Chiraq, but our town's constantly having to deal with gang shootings, drug dealers, welfare migrants, etc pouring out of that shit hole.
I live in the eastern part of Iowa, and I feel your pain. The fact that the disease crosses state borders genuinely disturbs me.
>>
File: NCR Computer Ranger.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
NCR Computer Ranger.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>93885706
>>93885766
Taurus terrifies me. Their Medusa pistol was a cool was fuck idea though. Sorry for my lack of /k/ material; not sure how you lose a harddrive and backup drive at the same time but whatever god we have sure did want that shit gone.

>I'd be too terrified of a gun to shoot it if it clicked and rattled
To quote Venture Brothers, "Is that a Tic-Tac in there?"
>>
>>93877676
The only things it has going for it are pizza and CM Punk
>>
>>93886331
only thing better about cities is the opportunity to do that stuff. i live in one and hardly do it, but it's nice to have the ability to visit these places at any amount. though, if you aren't interested at all, then it's not really a relevant plus for cities.

also, lots of museums have days where entry is free/have a pay what you want system.

>>93887097
i honestly think people who don't like greens just don't know that garlic exists.
>>
>>93886927
>>93887097
Holy shit, me too - it's a nightmare! My town was a safe place ten years ago, now we've literally got problems with heroin gangs and human trafficking rings and shit - all spilling out from Chicago.

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit.
>>
>>93881296
Those guys you dated don't really count as nerdy. OP means people like him whose entire identity revolves around being a nerd and nerd interests.
>>
File: 350px-Mercy-portrait.png (94KB, 350x321px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Mercy-portrait.png
94KB, 350x321px
>>93879911
Fucktons of girls play overwatch and main this slut
>>
>>93874265
or you won't
pleanty of people are alone almost all their life
>>
>>93887142
>i honestly think people who don't like greens just don't know that garlic exists.
Or salt. Or hot pepper. Or onions, shallots, or any member of that branch of plants. Or how to brown shit properly or not to turn it into mush.
>>
>>93887204
>thinking only girls main mercy
>>
>>93876607
Depends on if you think towns with less than 100 people, farmland and state parks qualify as nothing. That's all I encounter after I spend about 30 minutes driving in any direction except due west and southeast. It's not terrible, but I still wouldn't call the cliche total bullshit either.
>>
>>93887142
>i honestly think people who don't like greens just don't know that garlic exists.
Speaking of garlic, one of the oddest things I remember looking back is the whole "garlic smells like death" thing that cartoons and kiddie vidya peddled (most notably Wario). I mean, it has a distinct odor, but the smell of garlic is fucking intoxicating and I can't understand how this translated to the idea that garlic is stinky and gross.
>>
>>93881296
>if girls wrote them all off we would never get laid ever
The standards are different for men and women - being average or adequate isn't a hindrance to girls the way it is to guys. An average girl can find a dozen guys interested in her with only a little effort, but for guys it's never good enough to just be adequate or average, you've always got to excel at something whether it's looks, personality, hobbies, money, something or you don't get so much as a second glance from 99% of women.
>>
>>93872700
Post more Marie kanker
>>
>>93887306
Garlic breath smells bad. But yes garlic before its been chewed smells awesome
>>
File: 1494474705787.png (158KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1494474705787.png
158KB, 500x380px
>You can find a foreign friend who will baffle you with the incomprehensible ways of his people but will be as close as brothers to you because in his culture this is what friendship means and this funny-speaking motherfucker will fight for you
I only ever knew a few foreign exchange students but they never stayed very long, and they weren't even in my class. And I always felt too polite to ask about their cultures because you know everyone's going to bother them with that crap.
>>
>>93887228
Girls main mercy, widowmaker, the fat one with the ice powers and roadhog
>>
>>93887401
I had some coworkers like that. We were literally more brother than my brothers sometimes. I'd ask them about their shit though.

Never got a chance to ask about the one sharpened fingernail on the Nepalese guy though.
>>
>>93873084
Girls only take off their shoes(and socks) in front of the man they love
>>
>>93887401
It's actually not hard. Had a Korean exchange student but his life back home was pretty much exactly the same as here. He had tons of questions about stuff like guns and hunting but left before deer hunting season.
>>
>>93887472
Funny, because I don't know any who main those. Except maybe one Mercy main but she plays others as much as Mercy.
>>
>>93872700
but I do like nerdy guys
>>
File: eye_rolling_rock.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
eye_rolling_rock.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>Middle/High school is a hell hole
>>
>>93888359
really depends on the school. my middleschool was much worse than my highschool, which was decent.
>>
>>93888317
Nerdy guys who aren't annoying sperglords are a treasure.
>>
File: 1475375631282.png (194KB, 461x543px) Image search: [Google]
1475375631282.png
194KB, 461x543px
>>93873356
>all my friends are married now
>>
File: 1496271158877.png (2MB, 1211x801px) Image search: [Google]
1496271158877.png
2MB, 1211x801px
>>93873356
>Your life partner goes to the same school as you
I realize this is just for the sake of simplicity, but still
>>
>>93873014
>you'll find your place in the world
One of the biggest fucking lies if I ever known one.
>>
>>93882928
Socks are for spineless pussies who can't handle the cold wooden floor nor smoothes of a rug/carpet brushing against their skin.
>>
>>93887472
>Widow
>Roadhog
Haha no. Why talk about a game you don't even play
>>
>>93873253
I'd wearing shoes too if I were staying inside the Kranker Sister cockroach dirt infested trailer.
>>
>>93887332
>>
>>93873145
Thanks for that anon.

You'll find happiness too, someday.
>>
>>93873219
Those archetypal cliques does exist within middle/high school.

I lounged with the kids who like anime and other nerd hobbies. I knew musicians, jocks, popular gals, and such yet they were acquiantances I never associated as part of my circle of friends. So, in that regard it was diverse.

I had friends and acquaintances to put it simply. Although, cartoons do greatly exaggerate the sterotypes/cliques.
>>
>>93888725
Walking on socks just wears holes in them faster. The most sophisticated way of walking indoors is slippers.
>>
>>93886331
This here. NY. If I'm not going outside to hang with pals I'm just wallowing at home on the net. Perks of the city is mostly the diversity and proximity to a lot of food places.
>>
>>93887316
I wasn't trying to complain about how hard it is to get guys. My point was that if a guy having nerdy hobbies made him undateable there would be almost no guys left for us to choose from.
>>
>>93872700
Actually it's
>Trainwrecks dig nerdy guys
Which from my experience is true, but never amounts to anything. They like leading you on and playing with your heart more than they actually like you.
Fucking Kat.
>>
I bet this turned into /r9k/, didn't it?
>>
>>93889533
Fuck off Boco
>>
>>93889533
Now that you're here
>>
>>93889562
>>93889596

Yes sir...
>>
>>93875456
I see it as "single-serving friends" like Fight Club.
>>
>>93872700
>Be yourself, and people will like you!
Yeah... they aren't fat alcoholics that shit-post on 4chan.
>>
the very worst is
>assholes all act in response to a trauma and if you poke in the right places you can change them into the sweet caring people they truly are

but
>you just need to be yourself!
is high up there too
>>
>>93872700
>telling adults about your bullies works
>>
>>93873219
the only noticeable divisions in my HS were between races.
>>
>>93873868
I think this one hasn't been relevant in some time
>>
>>93889848
Being yourself is more about not trying to get people you have nothing in common with to like you by pretending you're completely different than you really are because you will either fail or be miserable with friends like that.
>>
File: 1424411842631.jpg (40KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1424411842631.jpg
40KB, 500x738px
>>93889848
>JUST BE YOURSELF
>>
File: spongebob-fish.jpg (20KB, 320x302px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-fish.jpg
20KB, 320x302px
>>93872700
>you can achieve anything you want regardless of your race or nationality
>people will accept you the way you are
>things are going to get better some day
>everyone gets his moment in the spotlight of life
>friendship is real and good and there will always be friends for you
>>
>>93889713

So we beat each other up for friend?
>>
>>93890059
It's really "act natural while hiding anything that falls outside a very narrow spectrum of subjects, opinions or seriousness until someone's mask slips and allows you to reveal some of your power level".
And that's about as far as it ever gets unless you're entirely within conformity.
>>
>>93890199
No, the Narrator got talking to people on planes calling them single serving friends. Similar to threads, that's how I compare them, silly Boco.
>>
>>93890277

Ah.
>>
>>93890236
It really depends who you're talking with. A co worker or a casual acquaintance? Act like a well balanced human being. Someone you met on the internet or a nerdy student? You can start with some weirdness as long as you don't overdo it. It's all about figuring out the limits slowly.
>>
File: 251703.jpg (46KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
251703.jpg
46KB, 225x350px
>violence isn't the best way to deal with bullies and other problems
>people will always judge you by your personality and not by your ethnicity, birthplace, looks etc
>>
>>93890336
After a certain age, everyone you know is a co-worker
>>
File: futurama.jpg (27KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
futurama.jpg
27KB, 448x336px
>Sardines/Anchovies are nasty especially on pizza

seriously fuck this, first time i tried sardines was on a pizza and i fucking loved it.
>>
>>93890477
>Broccoli taste bad
>>
>>93890394
Then maybe it's time to meet some new people.
>>
>>93888359
>College is tons of fun, best years of your life
>>
>>93890493

I love broccoli. 'Specially dipped in ketchup.
>>
File: futurama-coffee-rage.jpg (28KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
futurama-coffee-rage.jpg
28KB, 500x377px
>>93890477
also >Caffine makes you hyper/Jittery, especially in kids

very case by case basis, genetics and tolerance level play alot into it as well. my entire life i can drink like 5 energy drinks or coffes in a row and feel little to nothing
>>
File: IMG_0731.png (202KB, 553x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0731.png
202KB, 553x553px
>>93878319
>B-But people scare me
The fact that you felt the need to type that in, and even for irony's sake, means you probably are better off alone.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>93872700
One of the biggest lies is that true love exists.
>>
>>93890568
I don't know, comparatively it's been the best for me. That said everything sucks too.
>>
>>93890704
Just more lonliness for me.
>>
>>93889848
The first one is the worst. Which is why it pleasantly surprised me when Steven Universe flipped it around on it's head with Kevin. Of all the shows to do it, I had expected that to be the last
>>
>>93890688
true love doesn't mean being in a relashionship anon, true love exists, sometimes is love for a familiar, sometimes is love for a friend or a pet or an activity but i can you that it exist, i'm sure that one day you will find it anon.
>>
>>93874265

Not entirely untrue though. I have a load of friends just by being myself. I haven't got a good enough memory to live a lie.
>>
>>93890860

Well heck, everyone has felt love for their family. Thats an easy one.
>>
>>93890919
Boco, I knew you were retarded but I never thought you were that retarded.
>>
>>93890957
Well, now we know how he was born
>>
>>93890957

Isn't that true, though?
>>
>>93886331

This shit is true. I live in an area that is quite rural and people always leave for tje cities and say how great it is because its so busy and thriving.

They are then the ones who complain that its expensive, everyone is rude, there is traffic, their shit gets stolen etc.

I'm no country bumpkin, there are towns here, but us who stay have decent jobs, we go for hikes, go fishing, relaxing drives, outdoor festivals, chill on our land by the fire. I think it's a great life.
>>
>>93890645
for me, the older I got, the more sensitive I was to caffeine.
>>
>>93891021
Boco, you'd be surprised how many people completely despise their family.
>>
>>93891137

Oh, yeah, I guess some would, huh? Hm. Must be tough.
>>
>>93880002
NORMIE GET OUT.
>>
>>93880939
That's what friendship and comardery is all about.
>>
>>93890860
>sometimes is love for a familiar
fucking summer wizards
>>
>>93875526
>better to shoot and be shot back than to never shoot at all.

Yeah, it checks out.
>>
File: Barney sad.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Barney sad.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>Cartoon has a married couple that met as children and were never apart since.
>>
>>93891819
Just because you don't have a good relationship with your family means that everybody is the same mate
>>
>>93892064
it was a joke on familiars
>>
File: 94966332.png (173KB, 327x452px) Image search: [Google]
94966332.png
173KB, 327x452px
>>93892214
>>
File: IMG_4813.gif (2MB, 418x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4813.gif
2MB, 418x313px
>been trying to ask a coworker out for like a month now
>chicken out at nearly every opportunity because I'm afraid of the answer
>>
>"Mentally deranged people are immensely creative/driven to accomplish great things"
This one doesn't actually come up too often since the stock crazy in most shows is just a ranting idiot, but god damn is it still annoying. That schizo at the bus stop isn't moonlighting as the next David Bowie.
>>
>>93892304

Write her a no that says "Do you like me? [] Yes [] No [] Maybe"
>>
>>93892304
Assuming she's mentally mature just don't make a big deal out of it and it'll be fine. If you're friends it won't be too weird, if not hanging out with other people as a group first can help a lot, both with building confidence and with figuring out possible reaction.
>>
>>93875422
How'd you meet these internet friends?
>>
>>93874071
In my experience, they're also usually gay.
>>
>>93877935
Those kinds of people are like creepy crawlies, though. You just gotta look under the right rock.
>>
>surprised that fiction doesn't align with reality
>"AUUGH! THEY LIED! :("
>>
>>93873084
Double D has a foot fetish
>>
>>93889835
When they say that they mean the idealized version of your best traits, not you in psychological skid row.
>>
>>93891050
Frankly the only thing that was redeeming about cities was the food and even that is largely turning into fusion globalised garbage. Taking the occasional cooking class, working with simple high quality ingredients with the occasional internet order of harder to find spices is pretty great.
>>
bimp
>>
File: IMG_4900.png (961KB, 1475x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4900.png
961KB, 1475x1800px
>>93892435
>>93892555
I chickened out again
>>
>>93895944
Anon this is one you should chicken out of. The fallout from dating or even getting turned down by a coworker can be horrible for everyone. Go ask someone else out, anyone else.
>>
>>93895944
That happens. Better luck next time.
>>
>>93888317
Anon you are a girl (Male) at best.
>>
>>93896195
It's not like you can afford to be picky anyway.
>>
>>93878209
Don't forget to enjoy the brownies!
>>
>>93872700
Tough chicks do dig nerdy guys sometimes.

Not fat smelly ones that post on 4chan, though.
>>
Love at first sight seems like a load of bull.
>>
>>93874196
Do you mean May?
>>
>>93887506
They do?
>>
>>93891981
It happens, especially in christian communities.
>>
>>93872700
Image sauce?
>>
>>93887120
I will never understand why people buy Taurus when a glock, or even a hi-point, is significantly better and in the same price range.
>>
>>93896087
So...how do you ask someone out?
>>
>>93888359
To be fair middle school is pretty fucking shitty until you're a senior, high school though does really mellow out a lot.
>>
>>93899713
Just do it and do it before you pine because once you pine he/she will never respect you.
>>
>>93872732
Don't you tell me it's a FUCKING lie. I know it's true. Tomboys usually only fuck Chads and Brads and never go for the nerdy guy. If they went for the nerdy guy then I wouldn't still be a fucking virgin. I would be drowning in mad tomboy pussy right now. This shit is a lie created by self inserters and it NEEDS to stop so it doesn't create a false hope for young nerdy kids who don't know any better.
>>
>>93900157
>Before you pine
What does that mean?
>>
>>93900735
>to yearn deeply; suffer with longing; long painfully
If someone's interesting, you have to nip it in the bud before it consumes you, otherwise they'll sense your desperation.
>>
>>93900809
>>93900809
>>93900157
Let's back it up even further....how do you talk to people? Not even romantically, just how do you make friends?
>>
>>93872700
Eh honestly the truth of that really depends on how attractive the nerdy guy is.

I know a gymrat who's boyfrboyfriend is nerdy as shit. But the guy is also fucking cute.
>>
>>93901024
This depends entirely on the context of where you are, though if you keep running into the same person and are able to discuss a topic you're mutually interested in, you'll more or less have a friend.
>>
>>93872700
if you run over a cliff you can just keep going as long as you don't realize there's no ground underneath you
fucking bullshit
>>
>>93901275
I see it's one of "those questions"
>>
>>93872732
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
yeah, no.
every single one of them is lesbian. fucking all of them.
i need a drink
>>
File: Wojack 12.png (148KB, 645x772px) Image search: [Google]
Wojack 12.png
148KB, 645x772px
>>93882673
>tfw no angry contrarian nerd gf
>ywn argue with each other for the sake of arguing, until it escalates into sex
>ywn have someone to discuss obscure nerd things besides internet anons
>ywn hold her tight at night so she knows you care

I'm still holding out hope
>>
>>93896087
>>93896128
I've got another chance tonight
>>
>>93888359
It is
It's a depressing hellhole
>>
File: 1499116171360.png (86KB, 267x260px) Image search: [Google]
1499116171360.png
86KB, 267x260px
>>93880365
>sight
>>
>>93872732
Nerdy guy means a bookish smart guy, not some goofy socially awkward dude that spends to much time online.
>>
File: lip-licking.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lip-licking.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>93883530
>>
>>93902342
Yes it does, as long as that guy isn't a whiny neckbeard.
>>
>>93901936
I think I should drop this one. Looks like I'll be lonely for another year still haven't kissed a girl
>>
>>93906086
I'm 23 and still a dateless virgin, you're among friend here
>>
>>93872732
it really isn't. y'all just gotta keep looking, you'll find someone like i have
>>
File: 1487802918459.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
1487802918459.png
371KB, 832x868px
>>93890645
>have caffeine pills
>people mention having jitters after 2-3 cups of coffee(like, 150-200mg of caffeine)
>mfw I'm popping 2-3 tabs of 200mg and it barely keeps me awake.
It takes nearly a full gram to make me jittery.
>>
>>93906400
>Going on 30
>Kissed my first girl like a year ago
>Grabbed some ass an titty too
Well...thank mohammad for drug influenced college girls, I guess
>>93908094
Are you drinking water?
>>
>>93908221
>Are you drinking water?
Yes, I'm not dehydrated. I just have a huge tolerance for caffeine.
>>
>>93889869
It kinda worked for me, my parents talked with the principal, they told me to tale a week off from school and apparently during that week they had long talks with my class about bullying and how it's wrong etc, the bullying for me went down like 60% I was still being bullied but with much less physical violence and they stopped spitting on me, I'm still a broken human being as an adult but I would still recomend to talk to parents, of course that beating the shit out of your abusers is 100%more effective, you don't even have to win, if you keep chimping out every time they made fun of you the will eventually stops because humans time bombs are not a comfy bully
>>
>>93874380
Shows you're not smart enough to understand ;)
>>
>>93873356
this is why my best friend is my cousin.
at least we're blood related
>>
>>93875371
>I'm also the sort who can ramble for hours about shit nobody cares about
This.
I can talk for hours about shit I'm interested in, but most people I know are not into what I enjoy. And if they are they don't talk as much as I do. I also have this problem with listening; I always need to lead the conversation or else I get nervous. It's such a fucking burden.
>>
>>93875526
I'm afraid of losing my virginity for this same reason. I've gone by my entire life with nothing but faps and that's always been enough. They'll probably lose their appeal once I fuck someone.
I had a friend whose only sexual partner was the shower until she finally got to fuck another chick and after they stopped banging she's been feeling pretty hollow.
>>
>>93877943
If she turns you on just go for it. Although fucking co-workers can go pretty badly. Be sure you're more indispensable than her so when drama erupts she'll be the one to get fired.
>>
>>93892304
Are you afraid of the "yes" or the "no"?
>>
>>93872700
>tough chicks dig nerdy guys

is that really common in cartoons, can you provide more examples
>>
File: nerd1.jpg (122KB, 528x308px) Image search: [Google]
nerd1.jpg
122KB, 528x308px
I'm sure it's been said a million times but nerd's really lost it's meaning over the past 10 years.

When you have outgoing, popular, charismatic, good looking people calling themselves nerds anyway. What's the term for pic related now? Just fucking ugly, autistic loser?

You know what I mean the sort of guy who women visibly convulse at as soon as they say hello.
>>
>>93872811
Thats a true lesson its basically think of the reprocussions of what you are trying to do
>>
>>93875201
Obviously this post is projecting so I have to wonder, how many red flags did you miss, nigga?
>>
>>93914144
>faps
>lose their appeal once I fuck someone
They won't, casual sex is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>93914089
Same problem here, I'm very self concious about it which leads me to constantly asking people if it's bothering them, which in turn is probably more annoying than talking a lot. I'm reasonably certain that most people don't mind though.
>>
File: 1498956413767.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
1498956413767.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>93889922
really made me think
>>
>>93874784
What a fucking stupid shallow asshole thing to say.
>>
>>93914542
>What's the term for pic related now? Just fucking ugly, autistic loser?
It's always meant just that.
>>
>>93915128
I'm constantly apologizing and asking for things way too politely, and it gets really annoying for some people. My brother keeps calling me out on it and of course, I apologize. He thinks I'm fucking with him but it's just a natural reflex.
>>
>>93875371
>>93915128
>>93914089
Sane here. It's especially annoying the one topic you are good at doesn't even exist in most people's minds.

They need to discover a cure for autism stat.
>>
>>93915333
I get the apologizing thing, I know some people like that and it can be a bit annoying. Still, people usually forgive a lot of minor annoyances.
>>
>>93914261
The "no"
>>
>>93914542
Neckbeard is the new term for nerd, nerd now just means anyone wearing glasses if porn has taught me anything.
>>
File: 1500031482544.jpg (11KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1500031482544.jpg
11KB, 204x204px
>>93872700
I was a nerdy kid in HS and I seemed to attract a few women & men. Though these days I just keep to myself, I never cared for dating too much anyway.
>>
>Bullies are always malicious and mean
A guy who pantsed me in the locker room during gym apparently spread the rumor that I had a big dick among the female population.

Not that it helped me, and not that anyone told me until senior year shortly before we all graduated. But still. What could have been if I'd made more of an effort to talk to folks. He was kind of a douchy frat bro type but he seemed to level out over the years and was a decent guy by the end of things.

Unlike the dude who straight up fucking attacked me with a fucking fork once. That was fucked up. Cartoons didn't really offer me a response for what to do when a bully just fucking snaps and comes at you with cutlery.
>>
>>93881296
>How many chicks you know into fixing bikes and cars?
I know a tomboy chick with schizophrenia who fixes radios for a living, and disassembles/reassembles the guns she inherited from her grandparents to chill out.
>>
File: Bingo Bongo.gif (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Bingo Bongo.gif
39KB, 500x375px
>>93882688
This, also the "Chicks likes nerds" fags neglect to mention that the nerd is still assertive, thus confident, and thus still attractive.

You may be a Cardgame/chess/coding/whatever fag, but being confident and assertive, without being a jerk, is what hooks a partner.
>>
>>93900203
>Happy things should only be shown in fiction if it's absolutely certain it will happen to real people who resemble the characters.
>>
>>93919265
is she a friend of your, if so then she might kill you, but it might depend on what kind of person you are
>>
>>93919184
what if he actually thought you had a big dick, he might want it
>>
File: 1499297729152.jpg (20KB, 399x489px) Image search: [Google]
1499297729152.jpg
20KB, 399x489px
>>93873356
delet...didn't come here to feel
>>
File: 1497489640063.png (334KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1497489640063.png
334KB, 411x411px
Man... all these broken-hearted anons it hurts to see.

Ok as a 23 y/o bullied loner who recently turned my depression around I offer advice!

>Socialize, go out every weekend!
even if you have no friends!
Go get high and drunk HAVE FUN!
My gf noticed me just having a blast and it's been fireworks since

>Exercise at least an hour daily

>Find a job you love, I work in restaurant and I fucking love it between spotify raves in the washroom or general banter in the kitchen!

>There are beautiful amazing kind women out there, as mentioned b4 I met my gf by pure luck
I used to believe EVERY woman was a bitch that wanted to use/abuse me.
BE A GENTLEMAN

>Doesn't matter how shit you are. Join a sports team, having bros to exercise and laugh with destroys depression

Keep safe and happy my anons
>>
>>93920198
>Keep safe and happy my anons
Thank you, anon. I've recently gone through a bit of spell myself, it's silly but I'm a little saddened and sickened by it.
You keep safe and happy too, anon.
>>
>>93920198
That's a good advice. I won't follow it but I'll try to solve things my way at least. It's good that it worked out for you, gives me a bit of hope that maybe things will work out somehow. And boy, I need hope right now.
>>
File: 1476637215575.jpg (65KB, 804x444px) Image search: [Google]
1476637215575.jpg
65KB, 804x444px
>>93919679
We hang out from time to time if schedules permit, and the one time I was at her place she spent most of it energetically rambling about the machines she takes apart. She has a tendency to just sperg about engineering in general. She also kinda leans or rubs against me a lot, but I think it has more to do with her not knowing anything about personal space. The "worst" she ever gets around me is getting twitchy, distracted by something she can see, or getting really sardonic. I'm just a really calm person in general, so she's alright with me bringing her down from one of those. She's never gotten violent around me, but she has alluded to an "incident" in middle school, and what she calls "flights", that I have no desire to explore further.

She's also legally not allowed to buy ammo for her guns or take them to ranges, if that counts for anything.
>>
>>93900203
It's absolutely true but you have to be attractive (I know because I used to be attractive and I was a tomboy magnet until my life went to shit). On the other hand, relationships with tomboys are terrible and they die out fast.

I have no idea how I got with people with more active lifetyles than me in the first place
>>
>>93920198
These are all good but you know what really helped me?

Embracing apathy. There's some things you just can't do anything about. Some things that just aren't worth worrying about. Don't feel like you're a failure of a person because you don't have a significant other or even friends. If you can find a way to be happy with your life without those things, and you're not hurting anyone, then by god go for it.

Learn to appreciate what you DO have. I've learned to appreciate my family and work more toward doing right by them, in the face of the fact that moving away and striking out on my own is becoming a less likely prospect for the near future. I narrowed my focus to getting a job and getting a car and managed both of those things. My job doesn't pay a whole lot but it gets me out of the house and gives me a sense of purpose, and my car's not a hot rod but it's got a good sound system and frankly I think that's all I ever really wanted out of a car.

So look for those little goals. Even accomplishing something small can help you build confidence to work toward other goals. Let those small victories buoy you, and don't let the losses drag you down; try to let those go and focus on the next goal.

It's not perfect advice, there's no such thing. But maybe it can help someone.
>>
>>93920608
oh shit i wanna know about the middle school incident, you don't have to ask her about that though

i know nothing about that ammo and ranges law stuff since i'mfrom canada, the place where guns are banned

all i can say is don't piss her off, especially if you're a beta
>>
File: wakemeup.jpg (98KB, 457x262px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.jpg
98KB, 457x262px
>>93920712
>Do this and become completely career driven
>Career is shit
>>
>>93920198
I don't know where to find any of that.
>>
>>93920759
>You have to look into your heart
>>
>>93920781
That place is pretty empty at this point.
>>
File: 6dmB3tp.png (2MB, 2600x1462px) Image search: [Google]
6dmB3tp.png
2MB, 2600x1462px
It's cool anon, I'm countryside boy so I had to seek things myself.

Honestly you gotta dig deep from within yourself.
Find a good routine and stick to it.
It also helps not to give a fuck, I personally use nootropics like picamilon, phenibut, and I micro-dose lsd if I'm wrecked.

I don't know you, but I want you to be happy
You gotta want yourself to be happy too!
>>
>>93900203
then how do you explain this
>>
>>93920885
Those are two lesbians
>>
>>93920885
Cute lesbians anon
>>
File: IMG_1059.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1059.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
It's not that tough chicks are particularly into wimps. It's that tough guys generally don't like tough chicks, so tough chicks have to settle for wimpy guys who will at least obey them like neutered dogs. Tough chicks like even tougher guys to help them feel feminine. Wimpy guys are drawn to tough chicks because they're already lacking in masculinity to begin with, they may as well be girls.

See: Every ballbusting lawyer/politician chick and their soft, submissive, spineless husbands who they resent.
>>
>>93920898
>>93920901
oh shit i thought the one with the glasses was a boy
>>
File: gb.jpg (39KB, 480x447px) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
39KB, 480x447px
Also to any anons here.

If you want to watch something really uplifting
get high or drunk and WATCH THESE 2 THINGS
REDLINE
GURREN LAGAAN
or play
UNDERTALE
these will provide a serious boost to your outlook on life

>I will see you in a brighter tomorrow, now I gotta go see my girlfriend
>>
>>93877235
Typical goth fetishist desu
>>
>>93920960
>undertale
For complicated reasons that would be the absolutely worst thing for me to do right now.
>>
Have you guys ever considered your problem with women is that you overgeneralize women and assume that since they cut their hair short they'll fuck you? I mean you don't think that would be a problem at all?
>>
>>93921028

Why would I want a girl with short hair?
>>
>>93921057
Boco aren't you the one who loves short haired girls?

Fuck, I must be mixing you tripfags up already.
>>
>>93921028
What? I don't see anyone here assume that, though I do see some generalizations. Also personally I see short hair as something old people have because the vast majority of women with short hair I see is old and either doesn't want to take care of long hair or thinks it's modern.
>>
>>93921089

Noooo. Short hair is for men and lesbians.

Unless the rest of her is really, really sexy.
>>
>>93921028
Nobody said that. But you gotta admit there's obvious signs that a woman is easy. And very short hair is one common trait of a bustdown.
>>
>>93872700
>What are the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

You can survive having an anvil dropped on your head
Dynamite will leave your skin blackened but intact
If you run in place it makes the sound of Korean temple blocks being struck

ohhh
you wanted to shitpost about gender roles and being a wizard

fuck off back to /r9pol/
>>
>>93921356
Alright guys, time to go home
>>
>>93921356
>If you run in place it makes the sound of Korean temple blocks being struck
TIL
>>
File: IMG_2864.png (61KB, 475x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2864.png
61KB, 475x382px
>>93920198
This reads like a pasta
>>
>>93882673
>implying
America didn't reach the state it is in by being full of sensible, mature people.
>>
>>93891810
Underrated post
>>
>>93874958
Fuck I could just imagine how many counselors/parent teachers conferences you'd get for enthusing about guns in school. Not just because of the school shooter scare but also because many teachers are hardcore dems who think the only purpose of a gun is to murder-rape innocent civilians.
>>
>>93888359
It really is.

Its just not entirely bad. Best of times, worst of times.
>>
>>93919265
>Schizophrenic with gun
Normally I'm all for firearms freedom but schizophrenia is no small thing, this could end very fucking badly
>>
>>93924895
Honestly the teachers were the people I got the least flak from funny enough, it was pre-Sandy Hook and Hickberta so most the teachers already knew folk who owned guns be it a friend or family member.
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.