[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's with all these new movies being made from old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0637.jpg (28KB, 432x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0637.jpg
28KB, 432x318px
So what's with all these new movies being made from old Nickelodeon shows?

They're saying they're doing it to celebrate "25 years of Nickelodeon" but we all know that's bullshit. There's always a monetary goal when it comes to a corporation.

So what's the goal? To bring people back with nostalgia? It's a very big risk they're taking with developing all these movies at once instead of testing the waters first.

I'm not complaining, I'm just a little surprised.
>>
im sure its just a result of them falling behind in ideas and ratings vs their competition, so theyre falling back on shows that were either cancelled before their time or received a cult following after their cancellation, since the people whod be interested in watching the new productions are all fully grown now and would probably be compelled to watch the premiers for either some kind of closure or for nostalgias sake.
>>
>>93870635
Original idea machine broke
>>
>>93870635
One of the people working on the Jungle Movie spoke at my school and talked a little about this. It's essentially Nickelodeon trying to reinvigorate their animation department. Aside from these reboot movies, they are also developing an animated movie based on St. Patrick's Day.
>>
>>93870635
>So what's with all these new movies being made from old Nickelodeon shows?

>There's always a monetary goal when it comes to a corporation.

Why would you make a thread to ask a question that you answer yourself?
>>
>>93870947
I'm saying it's a big risk to draw in a viewerbase that probably isn't going to stay to watch something like Loud House.

What happens when the hype around the movies dies down? There's no shows to keep the new viewers viewing.
>>
>>93870815
Understandable, have a good day
>>
>>93870635

Nick is doing this to raise as much money as possible to fund they're underground "Black Projects" (Metal Gear) so that they can bomb Manhattan with the help of retired cape Ozmandais to prevent World War Three, which will only work for about five to ten years anyway. After that, they'll install long disgraced Cartoon Network figurehead Stuart Snyder, but the person who will really be in charge will be Tony Hawk along with his secret organization, S.K.A. (S.ecret K.ouncil of A.ll) which is comprised of members of Goldfinger and Reel Big Fish (The Aquabats! were left out of this secret society due to they're ties to The Mormon Church.). Tomy Hawk will then use this power to become military dictator of The United States of Mexicanada (The result of The Mexican Conquest of North America) before he reinstates everything to how it was before. Open up your eyes sheeple.
>>
>>93870838
What else did they say? Anything about the movie?
>>
>>93870635
The 90's nostalgia cash machine is booming. So they're capitalising on the new 20-25 year olds who have access to their own spending money now.
>>
Maybe all the original series are getting one and each one leads up to the rumored Nicktoons movie. Maybe it wasn't fake, but Joe Murray said it wasn't happening. Maybe one of those unnamed 2019 or 2020 movies is the Nicktoon movie. They are both produced by Paramount Pictures.
>>
>>93870815
It's not, they just don't know how to use it properly.

Plenty of original ideas have dropped at their feet but they squandered it due to their own incompetence.

They passed on Adventure Time, The Modifyers, and many more.
They dropped shows only two seasons in because they weren't making the SpongeBob ratings, Harvey Beaks, The Mighty B, Invader ZIM, Catscratch, etc.

The Loud House simply got lucky and was able to continue on.
>>
>>93872063
He did talk about the Jungle Movie a little bit. They started all over from scratch, pretty much scrapping any progress that was made during the first attempt. We will find out about what happened to Arnold's parents and why his head is shaped like a football. The ending will be super emotional and satisfying.

He didn't really say anything that one couldn't already guess.
>>
>>93871075
wat
>>
Appealing to Generation Z nostalgiafags.
>>
>>93870838
Plus there's their deal with Paramount to make movies based on Nickelodeon shows, one of them being a Nicktoons crossover film
>>
They're definitely using it to capitalize on the whole 90's nostalgia shit. I'd be willing to bet money they're only doing Invader Zim because Samurai Jack was such a huge hit with people in our age group
>>
>>93873035

This right here. Kids from the 90's now have spending money and also little rugrats of their own. Parent's nostalgic of their youth now show their kids Hey Arnold.
>>
>>93874106
I'm still pissed off about the modifiers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.