[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/'s thoughts on Blue Monday? Just started reading it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 3243343-01a.jpg (30KB, 422x640px) Image search: [Google]
3243343-01a.jpg
30KB, 422x640px
/co/'s thoughts on Blue Monday? Just started reading it out of pure curiosity under the summarization that it's "like Archie meets early 90's culture and /a/"
>>
It's pretty good, shame that she quit making comics.
>>
Gone but not forgotten.

Please, no comparisons with dusty Archie.
>>
File: Actiongirlcomics18.jpg (47KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
Actiongirlcomics18.jpg
47KB, 300x462px
I was reading BM before it had it's own title.
>>
>>93864853
Does it have anything to do with the song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGWsmR4ipM
>>
a favorite, great slice of life story
>>
>>93865032
Blue Monday is what Archie Comics want to be when they grow up. Great stuff.
>>
>>93867154
No, but the song does do a somewhat decent job of describing the comic, better than the actual tpb summary does.

To be honest, True Faith would probably suit the book more. Kind of feel like Blue Monday is one of the more overused songs of the band, not that it's bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8
>>
Not trying to be an undermining prick but if it's about 90s culture why is it named after one of the most iconic pieces of 80s music?
>>
>>93864921
Isn't she making a new Blue Monday mini at Image at some point? She also wrote the Gotham Academy/Lumberjanes crossover recently-ish.
>>
>>93871226
It's a series about kids in the early 90's pretending like they live in the early-to-mid 80's, while being written in the late 90's-early 2000's.

It's basically a cultural mishmash but it's entertaining.
>>
File: 1499470156173.png (458KB, 451x473px) Image search: [Google]
1499470156173.png
458KB, 451x473px
>>93871186
>not age of consent...
Come on man
>>
>>93871283
As much as I adore New Order, they're not a band that I've obsessively listened to the discography of like with Gary Numan, Billy Idol, Psychedelic Furs, Men At Work, Wall Of Voodoo and Talking Heads. Maybe that needs to change
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.