[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homecoming made me want to start reading Marvel after exclusively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage (11).jpg (757KB, 1169x800px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (11).jpg
757KB, 1169x800px
Homecoming made me want to start reading Marvel after exclusively reading DC.

Is it /co/ approved to use ultimate as a starting point?

Planning on starting X men with Claremont though.
>>
>>93857047
>Is it /co/ approved to use ultimate as a starting point?
It's up to you but you'd probably be better off reading one of landmark runs for whichever character you're most interested in then go from there.
>>
>>93857047
Just start reading Amazing Spider-Man. The current stuff is kind bunk but it was all good until pretty recently.
>>
>>93857047
Don't read Marvel, there is nothing of substance there. You are making a huge mistake.
>>
>>93857123
(You)
>>
Yes and you should absolutely read fast so you can get to Ultimatium.

Literally one of the best events Marvel made.
>>
>>93857137

He's right though. If he liked Homecoming current Spider-Man is going to feel like eating a big bowl of dog shit.

>>93857146

Oh you!
>>
>>93857146
one of the best issues of USM was a Ultimatum crossover
>>
File: 1425786552279.jpg (290KB, 936x721px) Image search: [Google]
1425786552279.jpg
290KB, 936x721px
>reads DC
>wants to read Marvel
lmao
>>
fantastic four
>>
>>93857047
Go read Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate X-Men
>>
>>93857047
http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations
>>
>>93857192
>Marvel reader
>posts tumblr
>>
>>93857103
This. Just keep reading Amazing Spider-Man till you reach issue 500 and consider that the end of the series.
>>
>>93857204
Newfag. It's literally full of /co/s recs. For Marvel, DC, 2000ad, and anything else.
>>
I, like everyone else, loved Ultimate Spider-Man when it came out, but re-reading it now it's astonishing how much it misses the point of early Ditko and Lee Spider-Man.

It's all style and no substance. Just the surface level aspects of Spider-Man with none of the nuance.
>>
>>93857209
May I ask why issue 500 specifically?
>>
>>93859889
I imagine he means because it's a good jumping off point before Spider Totem and Sins Past, and it's a good anniversary celebration.
>>
>>93860066
Also before One More Day and the Slottening
>>
>>93857047
There's really no point reading Ultimate when the MCU exists. Not that there weren't some good comics worth reading, but the whole thing was designed as a cinematic template.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.