[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Homages Ditko's run >Has the tone of Spectacular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: Spider-Man-Homecoming-poster-3.jpg (190KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Homecoming-poster-3.jpg
190KB, 1080x1350px
>Homages Ditko's run
>Has the tone of Spectacular Spider-Man, loved here in /co/
>Brings Peter back to a dork, genius hero
>Actual friendly neighborhood Spider-Man for once
>Introduces the Sinister Six
>Reboot that doesn't start with origin story (I wish Batman producers would learn from this)
>Finally a movie that recreates the relationship Peter has with his villians (obnoxious annoyance)
>Sets up perfectly the JJJ-"Spider-Man is a menace!"-thing with casual property damage
>Avoids standard supporting cast while still creating a good one out of OC
>It sets up an infinite potential for story development
>Good genuine twist with Vulture being Liz's father
>Michael Fucking Keaton

>/co/ hates it because jokes and racism

I wish this board was purged
>>
>>93856430
>(I wish Batman producers would learn from this)
There's literally only one full-on Batman origin movie
>>
>>93856430
Take it to /tv/
>>
>>93856457
He means dead parents from Joe Chill with love.
>>
If you liked the movie then that's fine man but people on here do have legit complaints about the movie which is okay too I guess.
>>
>>93856430
pretty much how I feel about it too. best Spidey movie since Spider-Man 2 and nothing nobody can do here but bitch. That's all 4chan is good for these days. No positivity allowed.
>>
>>93856598
>Best spidey movie since the last one
>>
>>93856618
The original trilogy, retard.
>>
>>93856618
uh, can you read? I said Spiderman 2, not The Amazing Spiderman 2. Spiderman 2 came out in 2004, 13 years ago. Its been 13 years since a non shit Spidey movie. Think about that when people here nitpick Homecoming.
>>
>>93856652
So that's all it takes to make something invulnerable to criticism? Fucking dickhead
>>
>>93856430
>>Reboot that doesn't start with origin story
I like how even though Homecoming wasn't an origin story for Spidey in the traditional sense but it was still very much an origin story for him.
>thinks he can use his powers for much more than just simply looking out for people
>not concerned much about others, more with using them for gain (i.e. impressing Tony Stark, joining the Avengers)
>learns that he should keep things traditional and be a 'friendly neighbourhood' hero
They don't outright speak about 'great power and great responsibility, etc' but that's what he learns. He learns about the responsibility he has due to his newfound place as Spider-Man - too look out for people and not be concerned with Tony and the Avengers.
>>
>>93856430

>Reboot that doesn't start with origin story (I wish Batman producers would learn from this)

I'm with you on everything put this. A BvS style montage showing Uncle Ben's death should have been done. The film completely robs Spider-Man of his Origin. Uncle Ben's death is something his aunt is "going through" and doesn't seem to effect him at all. Bens death is Spider-Man entire reason for being. By taking him away you rob Spidey of all urgency and responsibility. Spidey is just shallow now with less believable motivation than all the other MCU heroes.
>>
>>93856678
the criticism is garbage though. its mostly just "not muh Spider-Man" shit. if you actually had legit criticisms you'd be refuting OP's list of positives instead of just telling me why I'm wrong without saying why you're right.
>>
>>93856618
underage pls leave
>>
How is he a genius?

Also, revisionist history is largely to do with people who think Peter was a "dork". He was a nerd, yeah, as in a really intellectual type, but what casuals don't get is that he was also a condescending, cynical, fucking dick

He was never the doofy dorky fuckup guy even if some people saw him as being that way, he was more like the asshole nerd who thinks they're better than everyone else in class
>>
>>93856717
>I'm with you on everything put this. A BvS style montage showing Uncle Ben's death should have been done.

Why though? Why is this necessary? We all know it already, we've seen it twice already and read it 100s of times. Why is it ABSOLUTELY necessary for this movie to meet your standards?
>>
File: jamesons religion.png (31KB, 904x441px) Image search: [Google]
jamesons religion.png
31KB, 904x441px
>>93856430
>Homages Ditko's run
In what way?
>Has the tone of Spectacular Spider-Man
In what way?
>Brings Peter back to a dork, genius hero
Peter's retarded in this film.
>Actual friendly neighborhood Spider-Man for once
And he wasn't in any of the previous ones?
>Introduces the Sinister Six
References the Sinister Six, after literally every Spider-Man series already did too.
>Reboot that doesn't start with origin story
Decent point, but I wish they'd at least reference it.
>Finally a movie that recreates the relationship Peter has with his villians (obnoxious annoyance)
He wasn't annoying or funny in this movie, he was just awkward.
>Sets up perfectly the JJJ-"Spider-Man is a menace!"-thing with casual property damage
Jameson doesn't need a reason to hate Spider-Man, he just does.
>Avoids standard supporting cast while still creating a good one out of OC
And this is a good thing?
>It sets up an infinite potential for story development
It really doesn't when Peter ignores his character development and gets the high-tech suit back at the end.
>Good genuine twist with Vulture being Liz's father
"""good"""
>Michael Fucking Keaton
Second good point.
>>
>>93856430
>easily confusing /co/ with /tv/ posters and crossboard posters

Are you this dumb or are you a /tv/ or crossboard poster trying to blame your own posts on /co/?
>>
>>93856756
>How is he a genius?

there's an entire scene dedicated to him reprograming the suit. I feel like not many 15 year olds can reprogram high tech spider suits made by tech savvy billionaires.
>>
>>93856798
That wasn't Peter, that was Not-Ned.
>>
>>93856761

Because Uncle Ben's death is Spider-Man's entire reason for being. Yeah Spider-Man can be fun when he's winding up the bad guys but at his core he's a tragic character. Home coming gave us a generic Super hero
>>
>>93856829
It sucks we'll never get to see any of the good Spider-Man stories since they're all """too dark""".
>>
File: 2027 asking for this.gif (169KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2027 asking for this.gif
169KB, 890x890px
>>93856829

>death of a loved one
>not generic for superheroes
>>
>>93856850
Peter's case is unique. It's not an event he had no control over, Peter was the direct cause of Uncle Ben's death.
>>
>>93856829
yeah but my point is we all know what happened and why he became spiderman. why is it hard for you to get some people, if not most people, would prefer to move onto new and fresh stories? you and others say we needed a flashback in the beginning like BvS, as if you just want them to pander to you to make it feel complete. flashbacks should only be there if its absolutely necessary for the story. this sotry wasn't about peter JUST becoming spiderman, its about him learning how to be spiderman. origin story is done off screen, this is him on training wheels, literally. and i have no problem with that. because i',m not a purist. its all difference of opinion, there's no convincing each other here.
>>
>>93856850

It wasn't for Spider-Man when it was first done. It was pretty much just him and Batman. Everybody else had their loved ones murdered decades after. Fuck you Johns!
>>
>>93856866
>yeah but my point is we all know what happened and why he became spiderman.

Because children exist and they're the primary audience for this. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
>>
>>93856875
>think of the children!!!

lol nice argument shithead.
>>
>>93856897

You're taking this way to personally. It's just a children's film anon. There's no reason to get upset.
>>
>>93856875
what is this even supposed to imply? i was supposed to sit through a shitty 5 minute long flashback for some kids who don't even know Spidey's origin story to see it for the first time? lol wow. like did you even try here?
>>
>>93856903
yeah but dude, movie and our opinions about it aside... that argument is like, beyond bad. the fact you typed that is reason enough to be upset with humanity.
>>
>>93856912

>i was supposed to sit through a shitty 5 minute long flashback for some kids who don't even know Spidey's origin story to see it for the first time?

You write this out and then accuse people who wanted Uncles death as wanting to be pandered to?
>>
>>93856756
You obviously have to adjust for time. The place of intelligent kids in school has changed a lot and the physical violence of bullies has been replaced with public embarrassment online. The shunned genius archetype is just outdated. And you can't rely on current kids finding their reality in that anymore.
>>
I literally walked out of the movie once it showed Peter crushing on the black chick
>>
>>93857060
lmao, triggered
>>
>>93857060
Don't worry, your waifu remains pure and untouched.
>>
>>93856573

>legit complaints

Literally all complaints boil down to "not muh".
>>
>>93856974
Alright, my man.
Logistics of the argument is such:
>kids who never watched a Spidey movie and don't know his origin
Have no need to see his origin in the movie. Spidey just being a thing works for them.
>Older fans of comics
Saw it many times over.
>Baby Boomer average watcher
Have seen at least one iteration of Ben dying, are through osmosis familiar enough to not even question why there should be Spider-Man.

Nobody wants or needs the third obligatory death of Uncle Ben.
>>
File: 1474335500336.jpg (368KB, 1280x1991px) Image search: [Google]
1474335500336.jpg
368KB, 1280x1991px
>>93856430
I like you OP.
I wonder if Tom Holland could pull out a Scary Spider-man.
>>
>>93857112
And even now the supporters of this film act like whining children whenever someone has complaints towards it.
>>
>>93856776
>didn't recognize this part
Go fuck yourself, casual.
>Peter's retarded in this film.
No, he's naive. There's a difference. For a kid, he's a fucking prodigy.
>>
>>93856430
has someone photoshopped out the chunky black lines on spidey's costume?
i'm just wondering how it would look like. there must be a reason they added them.
>>
>>93857265
>Go fuck yourself, casual.
Oh yeah, because completely bastardizing the scene where Peter overcomes crippling odds by thinking of his loved ones with a fucking Tony Stark quote is totally a good thing. I bet the only reason you know that scene is a thing is because you saw some dumb Tumblr post and that it was the coolest shit ever.
>No, he's naive. There's a difference. For a kid, he's a fucking prodigy.
He cant understand how his suit works, can't even use a computer, has to get Not-Ned to do everything for him...But he answered a math problem and invented glorified glue, so I guess he's smarter then the other portrayals according to you.
>>
>>93856866
Except for all we know Ben could have died in a completely separate incident unrelated to Spider-Man. Which is why Peter is seemingly unaffected. But we don't know because he was ignored completely.

It didn't need to be shown, but something that integral to the character shouldn't have just been straight up ignored.
>>
>>93857340
>Oh yeah, because completely bastardizing the scene where Peter overcomes crippling odds by thinking of his loved ones with a fucking Tony Stark quote is totally a good thing
Same scene, different lesson. It's a different story, after all. It was a homage, not an adaptation.

>He cant understand how his suit works
>He couldn't understand it when the computer was throwing eighty bajillion new things in his face at once
Really makes you think.

>glorified glue
You clearly haven't read any Spider-Man. I don't know why I'm replying.
>>
>>93857377
>Same scene, different lesson. It's a different story, after all. It was a homage, not an adaptation.
It's one of the most emotional scenes in the series and they fucking blew it because they clearly don't respect the franchise.
>Really makes you think.
If my computer was intelligent and voice responsive it wouldn't take that long to realistically get the point across on which type of program I would like to run.
>You clearly haven't read any Spider-Man. I don't know why I'm replying.
I did, I'm willing to bet far more than you have. I know for a fact it was far more than the person who wrote this movie.
>>
>>93856430
This was prominent in my mind after I saw the movie. He made a lot of genuine fuckups that Spider-Man is partly responsible for, which the Bugle could easily lay into him for.
>>
>>93857392
This is your last (you), now go away.
>>
>>93857405
>Can't come up with any good responses.
Glad to know. Now I can go to bed.
>>
>>93856430
>>Michael Fucking Keaton
would have made a great Norman Osborn
>>
No, I hate it because it's the least fucking faithful adaptation.
>>
>>93857419
This. And the fans refusing to accept this make me want to hate it even more.
>>
>>93856850
>Cap
>Tony
>Thor
>Clint
>Banner
>Nat

>Rhodey
>Sam
>Vision

>Lang

Not in the MCU it isn't.
>>
>>93857392
I feel like you got your answers several posts ago. You asked how it homages Ditko's run, and you were told but you chose to respond to that with "nuh uh because I didn't like it!"
>>
File: 1453642104228.png (97KB, 505x382px) Image search: [Google]
1453642104228.png
97KB, 505x382px
>>93857429
Yeah, I did. But I didn't like the answer. OP should have left that out if he was marking good points.
>>
>>93856573
I saw someone in a thread get extremely assblasted about the Ferris Bueller reference insisting that cutting to it on a TV and explaining the homage ruined the entire chase sequence.

If there are genuine complaints, they sure as hell have not been expressed on this board. The only complaints I've seen are "too much diversity" in fucking New York.
>>
>>93856457
Every time there's been a Batman reboot there's been heavy emphasis on showing Bruce as a kid watching his parents get murdered.

Everybody knows that's why he became Batman. We don't need a rehash of that scene every single time. Just like we all know Peter became Spider-Man because he got bit by a spider that gave him the powers, and was motivated to become a hero by Uncle Ben's murder. We don't need to see a new take on that origin every single time.
>>
>>93857392
>If my computer was intelligent and voice responsive it wouldn't take that long to realistically get the point across on which type of program I would like to run
That's what he did later in the film.
>>
>>93857842
every time there's a batman game they do it too.
Reminding you batman's a rich kid with issues seems to be a thing.
>>
File: 1500025123313-tv.png (809KB, 748x561px) Image search: [Google]
1500025123313-tv.png
809KB, 748x561px
>>93857866
>>93857842
It's sticking to tradition, which is why DC is rule and Marvel sucks.

Can you believe we have Wonder Woman movie (let alone actually successful female lead movie) in 2017 without sjw shit like "did you just assumed my gender" and even with anti-sjw when Diana accused Trevor in brings a "man" (i.e. coward piece of shit) only to be proven wrong in the end of the movie?
Yet we have Spider-Man movie with totally unneeded "Washington monument was built by slaves, you know dat?" line.

You ever wondered why 90% of DC writers team are lean and even muscular when in Marvel there's only a bunch of stick cucks or fat fucks?
>>
I liked the general shape of this film but still didn't like it very much. I will admit that I did enjoy it while watching it though.
My problem with the film is that the high school shit feels like it doesn't matter. It's framed as a teen/high school coming of age movie but it never shows the sort of growth and consequenced that comes with those. It just sorta homages moments in other media that do those things. I mean stuff like Peter deciding not to stay at Homecoming felt like a cop out. He makes that decision immediately. It's not an agonizing thing for him. And it doesn't even seem to truly affect him emotionally. Maybe it's because the movie seems to spend no time building actual chemistry between him and Liz so the decision accidentally reads a bit more painless than they wanted.

Peter sacrifices his school and personal life for Spider-Man stuff, which is fine and even what I prefer. But then he has to be reminded that what he gave up was even worth something in the first place. And it almost never costs him anything. His team still wins the decathalon. All his friends, peers and elders seem to be mostly okay with it outside a bit of light scolding. It doesn't feel like anyone thinks they're taking a risk of any kind with giving Peter multiple chances. Despite the fact that if you didn't know he was Spidey he comes across as an insensitive and completely unreliable flake who's overly secretive and puts his own immediate desires above everyone and anything else.

And then Tony thinks he's grown and changed? Why? He did the same shit he did before. He was just lucky this time. And it still had him dropping a jet engine in a hignly populated area and not even giving a shit about it.

I think the editing butchered the inventiveness of his evasive combat style. And it also provided us with what felt like a very disjointed opening flashback of a character that actually seems to go through a coherent and legible arc.
>>
>>93858016
TL;DR: I would've preferred this movie to have either fully committed to being a high school coming of age tale with less focus on superheroics or if it had been a movie about the Vulture with Spidey as the heroic antagonist.
>>
Dude gets blackmailed or screwed up. Standing on a criminal path because of no other ways.

Here's Spider-Asshole appears to finish him and make his life ten times worse.

I think there's no real really good guys among superheroes aside Superman (the one incarnation where just stops violence or goes really deep if he wants to serve justice, or goes on full rampage and even killings if it's space invaders aimed to destroy Earth), X-Men (they just want to survive), Punisher (final measures) and Constantine (he really just like low-level Superman).
>>
>>93857340
>>Go fuck yourself, casual.
>Oh yeah, because completely bastardizing the scene where Peter overcomes crippling odds by thinking of his loved ones with a fucking Tony Stark quote is totally a good thing.
What? Please more detail here
I bet the only reason you know that scene is a thing is because you saw some dumb Tumblr post and that it was the coolest shit ever.
>>No, he's naive. There's a difference. For a kid, he's a fucking prodigy.
>He cant understand how his suit works, can't even use a computer, has to get Not-Ned to do everything for him...But he answered a math problem and invented glorified glue, so I guess he's smarter then the other portrayals according to you.
>>
File: IMG_20170714_004239.jpg (181KB, 1200x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_004239.jpg
181KB, 1200x1152px
>>93858419
Bump
>>
File: IMG_20170713_150011.jpg (42KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_150011.jpg
42KB, 575x1024px
>>93858419
>>>Go fuck yourself, casual.
>>Oh yeah, because completely bastardizing the scene where Peter overcomes crippling odds by thinking of his loved ones with a fucking Tony Stark quote is totally a good thing.
What? Please more detail here

Fixed

Bump
>>
File: IMG_20170713_150012.jpg (47KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_150012.jpg
47KB, 575x1024px
>>93858639
Bump
>>
File: IMG_20170713_150014.jpg (45KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_150014.jpg
45KB, 575x1024px
>>93858655
Again bump, I want to know
>>
File: IMG_20170713_150016.jpg (52KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_150016.jpg
52KB, 575x1024px
>>93858679
Bump to this bump and also end to this short story (by Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan).

Please don't ban me mods.
>>
>>93857427
Tony was solely motivated by the death of his parents in Civil War.
T'challa is solely motivated by his father's death.
Zemo is motivated by his family getting crushed.
Sir, you are right only for most movies in the MCU.
>>
But this was an origin story.
>>
>>93856776
>Peter's retarded in this film.

Uhh...
>Established to be really good dealing with mathematics
>high understanding of chemistry, develops webbing on his own
>shown breaking the time lock system on Dame Control's vault
>Finds tracker and helps reprogram suit

Yeah, he's clearly a retard.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.