[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this monday, read it today. I know the trades lag compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: GospelOfDeathstroke.jpg (60KB, 319x499px) Image search: [Google]
GospelOfDeathstroke.jpg
60KB, 319x499px
Bought this monday, read it today. I know the trades lag compared to the issues, so I'm not exactly "caught" up, but I wanted to talk to ya'll about the series.

I ended up having to skim through the first trade again in order for this one to make sense. Good thing I did, even though they did eventually lay it all out for me.

I didn't think I'd enjoy Deathstroke at all. But a friend recommended it to me and I appreciate it. Wintergreen and Deathstroke is genuinely funny.

And one thing that I really enjoy is that unlike other Rebirth titles that I've read, the guest stars seem to fit as opposed to being out of place or distracting.
>>
>>93852442
I want to fuck Joey and Rose

Also it was Joey who killed his fiancee right?
>>
>>93852882
If he did, it might be in a later issue. He definitely killed someone he cared about in this trade though.

I'm having a hard time evaluating Rose as a character. I don't know how light heartedly to treat this series. It FEELS pretty silly.
>>
Don't forget Rose is not for lewd
she's half-hmong
>>
>>93853069
Rose was plenty lewd (or at least tried to be) Pre-Flashpoint.
>>
So, as someone unfamiliar with Deathstroke besides these two trades, I am having a tremendously hard time of figuring out what is being made up whole cloth, what is being brought back and what is a deliberate retcon.

Like, Jericho was not a character I was familiar with, so when he started using powers and had survived what I thought was a fatal wound in the first trade, I thought they were doing something completely new.

This shows how little I know about this whole affair, but I'm curious what else is established and what is new. Is Rose new?
>>
File: 18da20e237963465877f887669762a92.jpg (322KB, 883x1023px) Image search: [Google]
18da20e237963465877f887669762a92.jpg
322KB, 883x1023px
>>93853211
>Is Rose new?
no she's slutty
>>
>>93853607
She's college from a broken family (kind of), so not surprising.

I'll be honest, I was less skin in these. I've had enough side boob from Adeline Kane and man ass from Slade to last a life time.
>>
>>93853607
I support this ship. She's half-Hmong you know.
>>
>>93853069

A hmong, you say?
>>
It's the only thing from Rebirth that is worth a shit.
>>
This series was okay but like some other stuff from Priest (Black Panther) it felt needlessly overcomplicated to me at times. Double-double crosses would happen, or multiple layers of cover story would be given, and then when the truth is revealed I was always just like "Huh? Okay? I guess? Is this supposed to matter or impress me, because it just felt like too many pointless twists."

Overall yeah I liked it and agree with what others say about guest stars done right. More than anything else you really get a sense that the writer cares about the characters and every issue has effort put into it. He isn't ever racing through things or turning in wheel-spinning exercises just to pad storyline length.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that Rose is half hmong.
>>
Hello Mr Priest
pls include me on the recap page
>>
>>93859205
>>93857447
>>93856888
>>93853069
Is this meme from New 52? They haven't mentioned it that much in Rebirth. As for the twists and double crosses, it is tremendously complicated but I assumed that was the whole point of Deathstroke since otherwise he's just kind of blah.

>>93858216
I like New Super-Man and Green Arrow.
>>
>>93859205
Definitely agree with the over-complicated plot stuff. For all of the keikaku and constant time jumps the book hasn't amounted to much beyond "Slade is a dick" after 20 odd issues.
>>
>>93859205
Pretty much the same for me.
>>
>>93858216
This
>>
>>93858216
New Super-Man and Superman are great.
>>
>>93859334
>constant time jumps the book hasn't amounted to much
Huh? It's a style of writing, it makes it different from anything else right now. Cape comics in general don't """amount""" to much. Also, oversimplifying something to make a point is retarded.
>>
>>93859373
Superman is trash.
>>
>>93859388
It's a superficially complicated style of writing that has proven itself to be unnecessary at best with regards to the story told so far.
>>
>>93859402
Superman is great
>>
>>93859402
I was disappointed by the second Superman trade. It seemed a bit unfocused.

I'm willing to keep at it for a while since I do like the way Superman's personality and family life is depicted.
>>
>>93852882
You think Joey ever took over his Rose or Adeleine for fun?
>>
>>93859321
>They haven't mentioned it that much in Rebirth.
Did you miss the issues and issues she spent with her possibly fake Hmong family? It sucks because I like Rose in this book and I like her as the girl who wanted to believe in her father but had that hope shattered. But the Hmong stuff was the worst part of the book by far. Just really boring and so much terminology is thrown around that it becomes kind of incomprehensible at times.
>>
>>93852442
Christopher Priest is great, I'm not sure why you were so surprised.
>>
>>93852882
I think it was Joey.It wouldn't be the first time he killed someone without knowing.
>>
>>93861164
Sure, that's there but it isn't memetic.

And yeah, that part was a bit silly.
>>
>>93862563
I thought Deathstroke was for edgelords and wasn't funny. I was wrong.
>>
>>93853211
Most of the cast are established characters: Rose, Jericho, Adeleine, Wintergreen and Pat Trayce are all long established.

Wintergreen is best desu
>>
>>93864000
I'm pretty sure that the N52 Deathstroke books were edgy, but I haven't read them
>>
>>93864970
Yup. The first run had some merit, cause Higgins is good, but even he just did stupid stuff like have Slade murder a bunch of tryhard kids just because he didn't want to split the check.
>>
>>93852882
i think it was zombie ikon
>>
>>93853211
Dr. Ikon is the main new character
>>
>>93864910
Wintergreen being a butler shocked me.

As for Pat, I haven't gotten much about her. I kind of want to look her up, but I kind of don't for spoilers.
>>
>>93864000
Please stop buying stuff based on characters.
>>
>>93865312
I bought it because a friend and ya'll recommended it.

I judge things based on the character, but I try to get a more informed opinion from people. There's no way I'll start going by author though. People jump all over the place in this industry.
>>
>>93859497
I don't know if this is the case with Deathstroke, but in an interview Priest said that Marvel asked him to write in that style on Black Panther because they liked how he did it in Quantum & Woody.

Maybe he does it like that because he thinks he's expected to now.
>>
>>93865715
Could be. It's a unique style for hi and I like reading it. IIRC he only did that in Quantum & Woody though because of a hard drive crash.
>>
>>93852882
>>93862660
Yeah I think it was Joey.
Like his fiancee just told him she fucked his dad, and mental problems have been a thing of his since the 90s.
>>
>>93866481
Fuck. Spoilers.

Whatever. I'll get over it, but it isn't in the first two trades.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.