[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't Eternals more popular? Why won't Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: eternal.jpg (42KB, 442x500px) Image search: [Google]
eternal.jpg
42KB, 442x500px
Why aren't Eternals more popular? Why won't Marvel use them more often? They are basically Dragonball characters that can become significantly stronger with training. They can fuse with each other to form a more powerful being. There are even some among them that can transform to become even more powerful.
>>
Because cape comics aren't actually anything like shonen which are just about fighting and getting stronger.
>>
They're dull. Being perfect just isn't that interesting.
>>
>>93842199
The same reason DC don't use the New Gods often
>>
>>93842265
The New Gods are nothing like that, most of them are pretty flawed, and while being powerful aren't just powerful for powerfulness' sake like the Eternals. Also Mr. Miracle barely counts as a metahuman, and Orion and Big Barda are superman level so (arguably) not so ridiculously powerful they can't have interesting stories.
>>
>>93842265
Even the New Gods have the typical 'ends justify the means' flaw in their perfection. The Eternals are just generically good all round.
>>
>>93841616
>They are basically Dragonball characters that can become significantly stronger with training
There ya go. Thats why. No one wants a season long training montage of one character while the other get beat by the flavpr of the season baddie.
>>
>>93842317
Even their villains aren't that evil. Their main antagonist among the Deviants (who is basically "the devil"), Warlord Kro, isn't even that evil. He leads an army of demons to attack NYC, then after the Eternals defeat them, Kro goes "well that was fun, what are you guys up to next?" and joins them for a lecture with a human professor.

The Eternals are great, but without Kirby, there really isn't much story potential with them. Having them make cameos in other people's books every now and then works, but they just don't fit the mold of traditional superheroics well enough for an ongoing to work unless it's by someone with a deep passion and willingness to get a bit crazy with it.

Morrison or Ellis could probably do a decent Eternals ongoing, but it's telling that even Gaiman's Eternals isn't all that great. Pretty much the only recent Marvel writer that I'd trust with the property is Hickman and I don't see him returning to Marvel anytime soon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.