[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWW REYcmjqI "It'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: galactus-hungers_fb_2001893.jpg (162KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
galactus-hungers_fb_2001893.jpg
162KB, 300x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWREYcmjqI

"It's a feeling of irritation that classic characters are being redrawn and recast in order to assuage the feelings of Social Justice Warriors. Captain America is Steve Rogers, not Sam Wilson."

"Nobody wants to see iconic characters recast as different people to increase quotas on race and sex."

He's right, you know.
>>
>>93841095
no, Marvel has been doing this for years, they've always been the SJWs
also Captain America is a title that's passed through many people
>>
Ben Shapiro has never been right about anything in his life.
>>
>>93841095
where is this Galactus from?
>>
File: OP_makes_valid_point.jpg (61KB, 253x600px) Image search: [Google]
OP_makes_valid_point.jpg
61KB, 253x600px
>>93841095

You're an idiot.
>>
>>93841149
>>93841150
>>93841214

Never read comics, I take it.
>>
>>93841190
The "Hunger" limited series. The prelude to the "Cataclysm" story, where 616 Galactus got teleported over to the Ultimate Universe because of "Age of Ultron". OPs pic is immediately after Galactus merges with the Galactus Swarm native to the Ultimate Universe.
>>
>>93841190
That's super Galactus, fused with the gah lak tus swarm. Of course, he becomes regular big G again because the swarm dies by the time he gets to earth.
>>
>>93841287
ok thanks. due to the blue skin I thought this was the Kree version of Galactus. like what Byrne revealed in the Trail of Reed Richards.
>>
>>93841334
>I thought this was the Kree version of Galactus
I mean, in a roundabout way, it is. Ultimate Galactus was created by the Kree, and this is 616 Galactus fused with Ultimate Galactus as he's fighting the Ultimate Kree to eat Ultimate Hala.
>>
>>93841095
> ben shapiro

none of these dipshits know anything about comics in the first place, who cares what they think
>>
>>93841256
Eric as Thor.

John walker, bucky as cap. Few more.

Rick jones as hulk.

Rhodney and more as ironman.
>>
Why should I take Ben Shapiro seriously when he claims you can't be a musical genius if you don't read music notes?
>>
>>93841095

There's no conspiracy, its just business.

Here's whats going on. Most of these characters have been around for DECADES, and are getting buried under the weight of their canon. You cant just reboot every time you run out of stories worth telling, and writers want to leave their mark rather than just be that guy who handed in a grammatically correct script once a week.

These names are too popular to be allowed to die, because money, but there is no novelty in old characters rehashing the same stuff eternally. No retiring the name, no reboots.

Changing who wears the costume is like Blade: the strengths of continuing the name and making a new hero/ launching a reboot, but without the weaknesses. This can boost sales for a time, draws attention, and keeps the writers room from gargling shotgun shells.

If your passing on the mantle, you want the difference to be immediate and obvious. I cant tell you how many people I know who just assume Wally West is Barry Allan.
Giving the new nameholder a big obvious difference cements their identity. That usually means a difference in gender or race.

Simple-as.

Are these new launches kind of shit? Yeah, usually. But thats because most comics are shit. Only a few at any given time are actually good.
>>
I would like to see comics move past the same heroes that have been rehashed for the last 60-70 years.
>>
>>93841587
/thread
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.