[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so confused. We had kids like him where I went to high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: intro.jpg (114KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
intro.jpg
114KB, 780x439px
I'm so confused. We had kids like him where I went to high school. Rich kids of immigrants.
And they were absolute hilarious jokes. No one liked them and they were the butt of every joke. But in the MCU he's supposed to be really cool?
I don't get it. What was the point?
>>
He's in a school of nerds. And it's current year.
>>
>>93834748
I have never in my life met a single "Jock Bully" its like most stereotypes and complete bullshit. Bully types I kew where usually normal kids with attitude problems.
>>
My guess is that the Ghandu version of Flash doesn't really have real friends and jyst want to suck up to him for money because he is rich and desperate for attention so he goes after the more passive kids to make himself feel better and gives his friends money for the illusion of being popular.
>>
>>93834748
it's as if teenage culture changes from generation to generation or something
>>
>>93835205
So flash is now a nerd as well?
Ok I can see if this kid turns rival he could become venom and that's 2 no leg birds with one symbiot.
>>
>>93835408
this dramatically?
>>
>>93835411
Didn't Sony back out and say that he has an older brother that is fighting in Iraq also named Flash who bullied him mercilessly?
>>
>>93835336
If being athletic and/or on a team is the only requirement for 'jock' then I've known plenty of absolute bastards.
>>
Getting tired of the same /pol/ shitposting from people pretending to be Flash Thompson superfans.

No one has ever given a shit about Flash Thompson, he's no one's favorite character. This is just the "b-b-but i was a Mandarin fan..." bullshit all over again.
>>
>>93835387
Fun concept for a bully character.

Still not Flash.
>>
>>93834748
Can we agree that Holland as Peter Parker/ Spider-Man is great but Marvel Studios ruined all his supporting characters?
>>
>>93835408
It's almost as if bullying is based on certain constants that don't change with fads. The bully always has to have something going for them that makes them act from a position of power. Physical superiority, popularity, a big social group they hang out with etc. The bully needs to be somewhat of an outsider and non-threatening looking, because no bully would risk an ass kicking.
>>
>>93834748
The point is the movie still made hundreds of millions despite white people being upset
>>
>>93835475
>muh /pol/
I like Agent Venom. Suck a muffler.
>>
>>93835454
I have no idea
>>
>>93835475
Who's saying they were fans of the original? They're just laughing at the ridiculousness of this iteration of the character. It literally everyone who disagrees with you on anything now from /pol/?
>>
>>93835490
The point is it's fucking Spider-man and that's a universal universal constant at this point.
>>
>>93835490
white people aren't upset. They are the ones who made this movie hundreds of millions, you sperg.
>>
>>93835454
Pretty sure that was a dream you had
>>
>>93835499
Even if we had bully flash, we would never get an agent venom movie.
>>
>>93835521
Tell that to the 30 threads up right now complaining about flash and mj
>>
>>93834748
If they kept him as white and blonde you'd be crying about how the "Jews" in Hollywood are portraying white people as meanies, so either way, there's no way for you to "win" you giant complaining manchild.
>>
I get it, Queens is very diverse like actually diverse but making Flash Thompson Football player turned special forces operator turned Alcoholic turned Superhero Also best Venom is just fucking pathetic and try hard. Best case scenario for this is when it comes time for an Agent Venom movie they just forget him Ala Lando as Harvey Dent and cast someone else.
>>
>>93835569
Those are all made by the same two people. They'll post identical threads tomorrow.
>>
>>93834748
>muh personal anecdotal experiences
>>
>>93834748
He going to join the army and get his legs blown off.
>>
>>93835490
I don't get why /poltv/ is so upset over a nonwhite Flash. He's a bully. You think they would be happy that he's a minority and being portrayed in a negative light.
>>
>>93835551
Why the fuck not?

Are movie prouducers scared of person of color with gun doing good things?

What are they racist? If you accuse them they will make it right?
>>
>>93835503
>>93835539
Fuck, I think I might have fell for a fake /co/ leak.
>>
>>93834748
>hey my opinion alligns with everybody who posted this same thing for every fucking spiderman thread
>>
>>93834748
I was "bullied" sometimes in school by kids that were smaller than me, because I never really fought back and they knew that. I did later on but still...
>>
>>93834748
The whole notion of big muscular football captain bullies is just wrong. In my experience the bullies were always fat or manlets. Football captains were usually too busy getting laid.
>>
>>93835477
Yeah but if the concept of a "realistic" bully character was what they were going for what I just listed would be the likely scenario and not Flash as we know in the comics.
>>
Spider powers aside, Tom Holland is pretty ripped and could break this pajeet goblin like a twig
>>
>>93835881
That's not spiderman's character though
>>
No movie will ever top Spectacular Spider-Man's take on Flash Thompson.
>>
>>93835915
Except this movie
>>
>>93834748
The point is it's been a long ass time since you were in school and you don't understand youth culture anymore.
>>
>>93834748
>But in the MCU he's supposed to be really cool?
Is he?
>>
Flash has always been a lame character. Agent Venom is stupid as well. I mean of all people, the old friend of Peter from high school just happens to become a secret agent?
>>
>>93834748
>I don't get it, why isn't the movie matching up to my world
>Everyone knows the world is only as I see it
>>
File: ANP-252311841.jpg (3MB, 4041x2651px) Image search: [Google]
ANP-252311841.jpg
3MB, 4041x2651px
>>93835419

Technically it only takes one generation to raise another without racism.

Teenagers in 2017 are raised with a different world view from the 30 to 40 year-olds who grew up u=in the 90's when every movie franchise had one excuse-negro in it's cast.
>>
>>93834748
In my high school all the jock types were actually total bros too me despite the fact I'm a semi-autistic nerd, and among the people who treated me worst was a short Indian kid. Granted I wouldn't call him a bully because he was somehow more fucked up in the head then me but still.
>>
>>93835846
Big muscular rich aryan football captains who drive Porsches.

And are apparently very jealous of and angry with the normal protagonist.

I think they were never a real thing, just a kind of revenge fantasy.

All the things the writer pretends not to want but actually envies combined into one guy, who is then made to envy the protagonist, who of course is so above those grapes, which were sour anyway.
>>
>>93834748
what i dont understand is it was the perfect opportunity to show white cis male being a assholes to nerds and minorities. isn't that what the left likes to paint white people as
>>
>>93836720
Why paint a white fence white? We already know cis scum is scum. The right elected one as president
>>
>>93835419
Is that a serious question?
>>
>>93836768
you know the left cant help it
just look at the cast of spiderman even mj is Indian or sum such shit.
>>
>>93836776
>even mj is Indian or sum such shit.
You /pol/tards don't even try, do you
>>
>>93836647
>Big muscular rich aryan football captains who drive Porsches.

It's entirely realistic to have those people as a bully, it's just that those type of bullies are usually entitled sadists or sociopaths.
>>
>>93835499
Being a fan of Agent Venom doesn't make you a Flash fan, it makes you a Venom bandwagoner. No one gave two shits or even liked Flash before Venom.
>>
>>93835656
Myabe you'll realise that it's not about whites looking good or bad, but about whites being phased out.
>>
>>93835454
That sounds like something a executive and damage control imbecile would say IRL
>>
>>93838117
>Phased out
The main character and the A-List villain were whiter than you are.
>>
File: Miyuki-Ayukawa-Basquash.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Miyuki-Ayukawa-Basquash.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
>>93838117
>whites being phased out.
Because an action movie isn't 100% white the white race is being phased out? Golly gee that actives the almond's something fierce Batman!
>>
>>93835609
This.
>>
>>93838184
>>93838189
>White character is replaced by a non-white
>This is not being phased out

Maybe you'll get it eventually.
>>
File: Why-is-whitewashing-bad-3.jpg (62KB, 540x424px) Image search: [Google]
Why-is-whitewashing-bad-3.jpg
62KB, 540x424px
>>93838222
So the last Air bender tried to phase out Asians?
>>
>>93838242
All five of Hollywood's Asians?
Diabolic!
>>
>>93838242
Racebending of any kind is wrong, attention to be paid to the source material
>>
>>93838257
>It's only ok when we do it!
Kys
>>93838276
I agree, I was just calling anons reasoning stupid since whitewashing was/is a thing.
>>
Nobody liked Flash.
>teacher gives away his spot without a second thought
>no one laughs at his jokes
>people probably only went with Penis Parker thing because they thought they caught him in a stupid lie. That or alcohol/DJ said to
>vaguely recall his fucking homecoming date wasn't into him
>>
>>93835336
I've had this hot Chad black guy bully me all the time on the locker rooms constantly panting me, and pulling my shirt upas I try to bend over hella humiliating me with my asshole exposed.
>>
>>93838242
Yes.
>>
I honest to god never knew The Flash is from Spider-Man.
>>
>>93835336
In my school, the football players, basketball players, and every other team sport player was cool. The wrestling team were notorious assholes, though.
>>
>>93835336
They are assholes, but you can be friendly with them if you can handle bantz and not dish out bantz that are too harsh back. To this day one of my best friends was a jock, he's what you might call an extrovert with bad social skills. Becomes extremely flustered or defensive when he's not leading the conversation or can't relate something back to him. If he was three inches taller he would have been just as vapid and dickish as the rest instead of humbled for being a 5'5'' manlet obsessed with fitness.
>>
File: 1499398669570.jpg (29KB, 429x341px) Image search: [Google]
1499398669570.jpg
29KB, 429x341px
>>93836647
J.K.Rowling writes comics?
>>
>weaker than Parker
>dumber than him too
In reality their classmates would just see his attempts at "bullying" as pathetic and he'd be gradually ostracized
>>
>>93838242
Yes. It was wrong then, and it was wrong now.
>>
Maybe it's because I'm A FUCKEN LEAF and this is an American thing but we didn't really have bullies. All the normal kids just mutually conspired to exclude and fuck over any kids who stuck out too much because they were losers.
>>
>>93839191
Bullies exist everywhere, they're typically just not one dimensional beings who exist solely to bully someone.
>>
>>93838222
Well except they didn't replace him, Flash Thompson is still a white character in every other media.
>>
>>93838242
Yup, only difference is Asians aren't importing useless immigrants who'll outbreed them and destroy their culture.
>>
>>93834748
>And they were absolute hilarious jokes.
That's the problem. Flash is supposed to be popular. Pajeet Thompson is liked by no one, not even his immediate peers.
>>
>>93834748
Realism for its own sake is dumb and at most should be handled with extreme care. Fiction, like it or not, has its own rules; and unlike fiction, you cannot yell at the author of Real Life on his twitter.
>>
>>93835656
What kind of spineless micromanlet you gotta be to look at NuFlash and think immediately "Bully!"?
>>
File: 1478838881445.jpg (41KB, 763x757px) Image search: [Google]
1478838881445.jpg
41KB, 763x757px
>>93838242
so why did they not swap zuko and sokka?

what the fuck

this was retarded
>>
This flash would've gotten knocked the fuck out in my high school.

>short
>ugly
>"smart" but not smart by smart kid standards, constantly getting shit wrong and failing during the academic decathlon
>spoiled child of rich immigrants to be taken advantage of routinely
>obnoxious
>4'10" lookin Manlet motherfucker
>spends his time insulting someone more liked and better than him
He'd get fucking slammed in seconds.
>>
>>93839644
This.
This version of flash would not survive a year in many schools
>>
If the black girl loved Peter so much, why did she let him sing the Penis Parker song at HER party?
>>
>>93835477
It's an artistic laxation which works in the film better than the jock flash.
Jock flash wouldn't have worked as the dj, in the elevator, or in the car. It's simply too old of a stereotype to fit into the modern year for modern teenagers.
This flash could've been more physical in his bullying, but the flash in amazing was shit and him in this film would've been even more shit.
>>
>>93839644
>>93839780
He went to one of those advanced magnet schools, not your high school, you idiots. What part of that do you not understand?
>>
>>93840350
It wouldn't have prevented him from being socially ostracized. High end gifted high school only explains why jock bully flash wouldn't have worked, but it doesn't justify why pajeet Thompson does work (which he doesn't)
>>
>>93840391
But he was socially ostracized. No one at the decathlon liked him. He was placed on DJ duty so no one would actually have to hang out with him on a face-to-face basis at the party. And he probably only got that homecoming date because he was rich.
>>
>>93840425
>>93840425
>He was placed on DJ duty so no one would actually have to hang out with him on a face-to-face basis at the party.
If he was ostracized he WOULDNT BE AT THE PARTY
>>
>>93835509
>I'd everyone that disagrees with you on anything now from /pol/?
Yes? Where have you been the last six years?
>>
>>93835336
When I went to school the jocks were generally really nice and well adjusted people, it was the smart rich autists that were bullies, mostly.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.