[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>think about a line in family guy >that episode comes on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: received_10210002768328002.jpg (10KB, 310x283px) Image search: [Google]
received_10210002768328002.jpg
10KB, 310x283px
>think about a line in family guy
>that episode comes on that day
>everytime

Please tell me this isn't just me
>>
>>93834714
Can confirm, this would happen all the time to me and my friends back when watching TV was a thing.

Most likely a glitch in the matrix granting minor precognition.
>>
>>93834785
Thank God. Today I was thinking about the Big Fat Paulie episode and here it is now.
>Who're you? Who're you? Who're you
>>
>>93834714
Legitimately creeped me out as a kid/teen.

>Thought about things that ended up happening constantly.
"Weird"

>Thought about things hoping they would happen
>Always didn't happen.

"They know"
>>
This happens to me too, with other shows like the Simpsons and KotH.
Here's my theory: I've seen the episodes so many times that I've subconsciously memorized the syndication schedule. Each time I see an episode it cues up memories of what happens in the next episode, which comes on the next day.
>>
>>93834897
This was always my thought too, that I just watched it so much my brain could see the patterns.
>>
I might have some small degree of stupidness but I couldn't figure out wtf is OP talking about.
>>
What's happening is your brain is filled with references and memes that you notice things like this only when it works in your favor. Literally every other time you made a reference would be a counter example.
>>
File: 1498424685026.png (58KB, 172x198px) Image search: [Google]
1498424685026.png
58KB, 172x198px
>thinking of autist
>autist appears
>>
>>93834714
Perhaps...
>>
it happens because every episode of family guy runs in the same order and it repeats after a while you subconsciously know which episode is going to air
>>
Glad this isn't just me. It's really weird when I suddenly think of some minor detail from a show I haven't watched in years and then a few days later I just happen to see that show on and it's the episode I was thinking of. Dunno how it happens but it's pretty cool, I guess.
>>
>>93834714
This used to happen to me every day as a kid. It still happens sometimes now.

I got used to it to the point where i could reliably predict the schedule just by lines that made me laugh.
Creepy as fuck. Made me a little paranoid.
>out of the super power lottery, you got human tv guide.
>>
>>93834714
Family guy lines pop into my head all the time, but they're all from the early seasons. Admittedly I haven't been keeping track, but with so many seasons now I don't think they're playing early season episodes every other day.
>>
>>93834819
Big Fat Paulie is like the one episode I conveniently catch on tv all the time. That and the one where Peter works for a cigarette company. Both great episodes that still hold up, it's a shame all they ever show now are the shitty new episodes.
>>
>>93836913
>Willy Loman never made a lot of money, his name was never in the paper. But, uh, y'know, like, attention could be paid
>people are worse off than Willy Loman

I don't know why this makes me laugh every time
>>
>hundreds of random pop culture lines, songs, and tidbits circling around, popping up randomly in your mind
>as per the birthday "paradox", chances are you'll encounter one of those pop culture things in the near future
>think how amazing that you encountered one of a thousand things that you were recently thinking about
>and even if you don't encounter anything, you don't think "wow, how amazing is it that I thought of a hundred things and NONE of them came up", you just think nothing of it
Apophenia.
>>
>>93834714
It's just you.
>>
>>93836325
fuck off
https://derpibooru.org/1073719
>>
File: police.jpg (18KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
police.jpg
18KB, 500x385px
>>93837195
So you'e just memorized every picture on derpibooru to fuel your hatred?
>>
>>93837318
It's an imitator who posted the image himself.
Lee would have replied in minutes. He has an alarm set to wake him up if anyone posts something from Derpi.
>>
>>93837331
no it's not. You don't even know what to believe.
>>
>>93834714
Most people have thousands of thoughts per day that never come true.
>>
>>93837318
there's a bunch that keep getting reposted so not really
>>
I find this thread to be shallow and pedantic.
>>
>>93839736
I agree. Shallow AND pedantic.
>>
This has happened to me with Spongebob since about 8 years old. I'll be thinking of an episode, and it'd be on like an hour later. Still happens today, which freaks me out because there are like 100 more episodes they could be playing.
>>
>>93837331
>Lee would have replied in minutes. He has an alarm set to wake him up if anyone posts something from Derpi.

But Barney can tell even if you crop it, so he MUST have memorized the entirety of the booru.
>>
>>93839796
Or he's just posting the cropped images from his computer and the Barneyfag posts from her phone.
>>
>>93839755
It's called confirmation bias, nothing to be afraid of.
>>
File: 1499305942203.jpg (147KB, 1984x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1499305942203.jpg
147KB, 1984x1116px
>>93834714
Oh fuck this happened all the time back in middle school. What other than >>93834897 do you think causes this, its not a bad idea but it seemed more crazy than that.
>>
File: piratesarecool4.gif (23KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
piratesarecool4.gif
23KB, 500x358px
>>93834714
If you know anything about probability, then you know that coincidences like this are very likely to happen over a long period of time. At one point people complained that the ipod shuffle feature wasn't random enough because sometimes music from the same artist or album will play 2-5 times in a row, even though this is perfectly plausible in a random selection of music to happen at least once. So apple made "smart shuffle", which is less random but gives people the illusion of randomness.
Humans just have really good pattern recognition skills beyond any animal or machine and can create patterns where none exists, which is why we can look at a stick figure or other simplified/abstract art and immediately recognize it as a human. We are really good at filling the blanks even when no pattern exists, Ramsey theory states that given a data set large enough, you can find any pattern you like.

-former conspiracy theorist, pls move this thread to >>>/x/.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.