[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hope left for this show? It insane how much thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sp.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
Is there any hope left for this show? It insane how much this show fell off in season 20.
At least Matt and Trey realized how much season 20 sucked.
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/07/south-park-to-ditch-the-politics-in-season-21/
>>
No cartoon should go beyond ten seasons

Even if you get the old magic for a few episodes it just means you're better off doing the occasional special
>>
>>93822659

I enjoyed the season as someone who was frustrated by the election (I think all of the choices were garbage and it was more than a turd sandwich vs. a giant douche. More like a black hole vs. space aids. Let's not make this a political discussion)
I thought a lot of the humor that wasn't centered around Garrison was still really good and funny to me and I enjoyed them experimenting with continuity like this even if they, and others, did not enjoy it as much. It was a new style they tried, and it didn't work.

A show as basically untouchable as South Park is by their network (unless they bring in Muhammed) SHOULD experiment more and try more shit out once in awhile. If it doesn't work, whatever. Watch next season.

South Park's been in kind of a pattern of "Shit season, okay season" for awhile and I think now that they've had time to do other projects and see what doesn't work for south park, they might be able to get back to basics and do funny shit again.

I think the fact that they don't make the series the same way anymore (Used to do seasons normally now they leave it for 1-2 months a year because they have the ability to do that) means they still have the opportunity to make good episodes.

Right now we just have to wait and see. Matt and Trey are self aware unlike most creators are (Most don't figure out something sucked for a few years for instance) so I think there's hope.

Plus I just really like the show so I'll be happy with reruns forever or with new episodes. Also sorry for the longass love letter to South Park,.
>>
I've been watching the show since it aired and I can't drop it.
>>
Politics weren't the problem. It was basing it on current events and doing a serialized arc.
>>
>>93822659
I don't think politics was the problem, though Matt and Trey are the creators so I guess they would have a better feel for it.

I think the writing was atrocious this season. I think the exploration with continuity was interesting but ultimately pointless. I think the Barbrady episode was the closest thing we've had to classic South Park in a long time. I think PC Principal and Leslie were actual AIDS.

I think Matt and Trey should finish the show with a season-long musical and become Broadway producers full-time.
>>
>>93823432
>>93824424
>>93824529
Personally, nothing in the past two seasons clicked for me. Focusing on politics was retarded. It made South Park look more liberal then it actually is. Matt and Trey fell into the trap of making fun of same thing over and over because it was funny the first time. Serialization killed it for me as well. Non-serialization is pretty much and un written rule of cartoons. That is how South Park was able to survive this long.
>>
>>93826030
Season 19 was pretty good and it had *some* serialization to it. Now of course the whole ad thing really wasn't that funny but having characters like PC Principal in their own arc was pretty great, bro.

I'd like them to continue that model if not tuned down just a little bit, but it seems that they are truly shying away from overarcing plot completely for some reason.
>>
>>93822659

Stopped being funny when they stopped being kids.
I think around the Scott Tenorman episode
>>
>>93826455
PC principal was literal cancer. The only good episode in season 19 was Tweek x Craig. Every other episode was meh. Season 20 was garbage all around.
>>
>>93824529
>I think Matt and Trey should finish the show with a season-long musical and become Broadway producers full-time.
agreed
>>
The entire arc about ads and shit was masterful so I'll keep watching just because I know they can do good even if the last season was garbage
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.