[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disney's Spider Man deal with Sony says that Sony receives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
>Disney's Spider Man deal with Sony says that Sony receives all the profits from the film's box office while Disney gets the merchandise sales profits
>Sony is so incompetent that Disney jewed them out of their own property
>>
The Spider-Man film/merch rights split happened almost ten years ago.
>>
You never sell merchandise rights. George Lucas taught us all that when he made Star Wars and took a reduce pay because "I'll work for nothing if I keep the merchandising rights", and then look what happened.
>>
>>93813006
To be fair that way Marvel don't actively try to damage the brand like they did with F4 and X-Men.
>>
>>93813255
Marvel owns the merchandising rights to the X-Men and FF though, they just choose to not use them and go out of their way to prevent anyone they license to from doing so.
>>
>>93813006
so sony makes nothing off the spiderman game except for potential console sale and their basic cut of any game while the rest is handed off to marvel for nothing?
>>
>>93813787
Pretty much. It was also pitched as a Multi-platform with 2K, Square and Bethesda interested in publishing as Marvel approached Insomniac about it first and pitched upwards. Sony used their clout with the film rights and previous relationship with Insomniac to get it as an exclusive after Marvel pitched to them, but they gain nothing out of it outside of a base cut.

But then those rights are the only thing justifying Sony Pictures existence to the company at the minute so they have to claw and scratch anything they can out of it.
>>
>>93813752
>Marvel owns the merchandising rights to the X-Men and FF though
Haven't you ever wondered why you don't see merch for the X-Men and FF movies? Marvel owns the merchandising rights for comic versions, not the film versions.
>>
>>93814023
>Marvel owns the merchandising rights for comic versions, not the film versions.
Yes, but notice how they won't use the merchandising rights for the comics versions either.
>>
>>93813006

That was the old deal between MARVEL and Sony, Pre-Disney Marvel. The new deal they struck had Marvel get a share of Homecoming (and some creative control) while Sony got a slice of Civil War's money.
>>
>>93814097
https://qz.com/1020387/spider-man-is-back-in-the-marvel-universe-but-the-film-studio-wont-get-a-penny-of-the-profits/
>>
>>93814097
Are you planning on posting a source or are you just going to keep making shit up?
>>
>>93813006
piderman being toddlers first capeshit toy of choice has been a thing for like 30 year now, the movies are made to follow that trend and not the opposite
>>
>>93814047
Cough**Perlmutter**cough
>>
>>93813006
I genuinely do not understand how Sony's film division stays in business.

They have NOTHING but Spider-Man. Do they even make any other films? I never see any, so I can only assume that if they do, they under perform horrendously. And ever since the mech/movie rights split Sony no longer gets the actual big bank from Spidey movies - all the toy sales and stuff goes to Marvel.

How can they survive like this?
>>
>>93814097
[citation needed]
>>
>>93814097
This has to be a Sony shill.
>>
>>93815546
>I genuinely do not understand how Sony's film division stays in business
Neither does anyone else, including Sony's accountants, since there are widely circulated rumors it a potential sell off/shuttering of the division
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.