[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell would any mutant hero want to be part of the X-Men,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why the hell would any mutant hero want to be part of the X-Men, when they could separate themselves from that mess and try to just be a normal super hero, maybe even an Avenger or part of some other team? You could be a mutant hero of a team or you could be an X-Men, part of a gang of assholes who basically have an eternal self fulfilling prophecy, the choice seems obvious to me
>>
I agree
>>
>>93810368
They need guidance and companionship and the X-men provide that. Similar to how the only friends we could make in school were the other losers even though we didn't want to be associated with them
>>
>>93810368
>hang out with the elite of supers at Stark Tower/Avengers Mansion
>OR
>hang out at a creepy guy's mansion filled with freaks?

I think it's because of the hawt X-Babes...
>>
Most the students at Xavier's school aren't X-Men and have no desire to become one.
>>
The X-men tend to recruit 'em young.
Usually by saving them from human mobs who want to lynch the mutie

Once they get outed as a mutant they usually can't stay in human schools anymore so they're forced to enroll at Xavier's
At which point the brainwashing starts and they spend years getting attacked by the X-men's enemies and learning that mutants are targets and the only ones who can truly protect them are the X-men

Morrison's run established that most mutants don't have useful combat mutations, the majority of them just have physical mutations that might let them fly or breathe underwater.
And if you have a physical mutation if you don't want to become a supervillain or experimented on by the government you'll either end up at Xaviers or the Morlock Tunnels.

This also means that most mutants won't be powerful enough to be a solo hero capable of joining the Avengers without getting skills or training.
>>
>>93810368
because avengers are lame and mainstream and are government lapdogs

it's like wanting to be Britney Spears, when you can be Slayer

fuck society
>>
>>93810368
Uh-huh. Scarlet Witch is a perfect example
If she was an x-man instead of avenger, Disassembled / House of M would never happened
>>
>>93810716
Morrison's run is not canon
>>
>>93810939
>it's like wanting to be Britney Spears, when you can be Slayer
I would say it's more like wanting to be Metallica when you could be Nirvana.

Considered sellouts by some, but still a powerhouse and favorite of the people.....or a bunch of whiney fucks who would kill themselves if they didn't have something to rebel against
>>
File: 1--1461284796015-it-begins.jpg (70KB, 352x294px) Image search: [Google]
1--1461284796015-it-begins.jpg
70KB, 352x294px
>>93810368

The answer is obvious.

How can you not blindly follow Xavier?

He knows what's best for mutants.
>>
>>93811145
False comparison because both were mainstream
But for the sake of argument, let's see how Cobain and Hetfield ended up.
Hetfield, an alcoholic parody of himself, and Cobain....
>>
>>93810368
Welcome to the big problem if the shared universe.
How can the Xmen be feared and hated yet superheroes praised and loved?

Fact is Xmen works better as a standalone thing.
>>
>>93811183
And let's not forget that avengers are a plastic and phoney celebrities. Liking avengers is like liking Justin Bieber.
>>
>>93811201
There used to be a time, not that long ago, where marvel citizens generally distrusted marvel heroes. While Avengers were more "okay", they still faced some protests. FF were regularly in court for collateral damage, and Spider-Man was a menace for some, hero for others
>>
this is why Firestar is the best mutant
>>
>>93811220
Go away, nobody likes her, nor wants her
>>
>>93810368
One of Xavier's mistakes is that he has created a school of only mutants, when instead he should have created a school of mutants and humans working together for the future.

Like, the genius of Mccoy used to develop inventions that allow ordinary people to do mutant things. The utopia dreamed by Xevier will only become possible when a mutant can go to school flying beside a human who can do the same with a jetpack or antigravitational shoes.

Everyone needs and want equal opportunities, which means powers for everyone. It's the only way.
Teaching mutants to respect humans is not enough when mutants can fly or shoot leaser beam by their ass.
>>
>>93811183
Slayer is every bit as mainstream as Metallica, they're just not as rich because they don't sell any merch that doesn't have nazi imagery and never had a hit song, but that doesn't stop them from playing the same huge rock festivals as mainstream rock bands and Kerry King showing up in Jagermeister commercials on tv

>Hetfield, an alcoholic parody of himself, and Cobain....
Hetfield is clean and sober, I'd rather have his current life than Cobain's non life....which is kind of the point. Being an X-Men seems to be dooming yourself to a life of nothing but misery, why the fuck would you want to be part of that group? Why not be someone else who can have glory
>>
>>93811234
You mean upside down cross is mainstream?
Fanboys vandalizing graveyards is mainstream too?
You do know that Slayer's 80s/early 90s CD were prohibited to sell for like... almost 20 years, due to court considering them obscene and yadda yadda?
>>
oh... and Slayer were called nazi-worshippers a lot of times. That's very mainstream
>>
>>93811234
Nirvana > Metallica
>>
>>93811201
I think they would still hate mutants once they learn that Iceman's gay, Magneto's a militant Zionist, Wolverine's a serial killer in love with something worse, Storm's a lesbian nudist, and Mystique isn't nightcrawler's ... mother.
>>
File: chicago-open-air.jpg (120KB, 750x752px) Image search: [Google]
chicago-open-air.jpg
120KB, 750x752px
>>93811284
We could argue about this all day but I won't go there, because Metallica is a heavy metal band and Nirvana was some post punk crap, it's a common argument but a useless one. May as well compare Sepultura to fucking Velvet Underground, if you like one chances are you don't like the other

>>93811249
>>93811270
That's heavy metal dude...Metallica have songs that criticize religion, are about war, the occult, etc

I saw Slayer on a tour with Marilyn Manson on a tour sponsored by Hot freaking Topic, Manson also used Nazi imagery and Anti Christian imagery and he was every bit of a pop star in his day as Eminem or Christina Aguilera, They're mainstream. They might not be Metallica rich, but they're mainstream.

If you bill above Stone Sour and Seether on Midwestern rock fests, you're mainstream.

Also, if you wanna talk about fans being crazy, how about when Metallica fans literally caused a huge riot during the GnR tour? Hell of a lot more destruction than some punks fucking around at a graveyard
>>
>>93811367
>That's heavy metal dude...Metallica have songs that criticize religion, are about war, the occult, etc
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also, there is difference in using nazi imagery, and being called a nazi. And causing a damage during gig is not the same as fans carving the band's name on their arms, consistently vandalizing graves, and doing other shit.

I mean, I don't remember metallica having dismembered jesus on the cover. Just because people know who Slayer is, does not mean that they heard Slayer, or that they care about that band. It's like with a monkey in a cage in circus.

You try hard to sound smart, but you have a lot to learn.

And nobody respects Metallica these days, as they are seen as a caricature of themselves, while Nirvana has an iconic status, for better and for worse.

I don't care for the other bands you mentioned, because they fucking suck, so I don't know if they're mainstream or not.

Eminem and Aguilera are definitely more Avengers material than Metallica, though.
>>
>>93811404
>I mean, I don't remember metallica having dismembered jesus on the cover.
Yeah I mean Metallica was never about shock value like Slayer was/is, if you're implying shock bands can't be mainstream you are sorely mistaken. Marilyn Manson used more shocking/just as shocking imagery, he was as mainstream as mainstream rock artists got in the 90s. It's irrelevant.

>And nobody respects Metallica these days, as they are seen as a caricature of themselves,
So are Slayer, Metallica sell way more albums to way more fans and people actually care when they put out an album even if just to spectate, Slayer has been notorious for putting out the same exact album over and over again with zero innovation or creativity for years so it's ironic you use the "caricature of themselves" argument when Slayer is the band that gets accused of this more than any, they can only write about four topics and pretend to be angry even though every fan knows it's a gimmick by now

Not only that, but the last time they tried to make any innovation or change to their sound was Diabolus, where they tried to go nu-metal because fans in the audience were responding more to their opening acts then them lol.

>while Nirvana has an iconic status, for better and for worse.
Eh...among certain crowds, sure. Nirvana is not a metal band, they come from a punk background. It really doesn't matter because Nirvana fans are not metal fans, the people who made Nirvana famous HATED metal with a passion because it was seen as anti intellectual, macho, and passe

>Eminem and Aguilera are definitely more Avengers material than Metallica, though.
Eminem has more shocking/vulgar material than Slayer, tons of his deep cuts are about graphically beating, torturing, and raping women from a first person perspective, on top of Satan worship.
>>
>>93811537
Damn, you are obtuse. I explained it to you, but you still don't get it. I mean, yeah, you can be a shock band, but what's the use, when you can't sell your cds in a store.

>So are Slayer
Metallica had napster controversy, st. anger, and lulu, which is why they are considered a parody. Slayer has none of that, albeit the last few years weren't kind to them.

>Metallica sell way more albums
yeah, albeit you don't see them in the radio, tv, nor being promoted anywhere.

Being repetitive does not make one a parody of himself. It's just makes someone boring for one, and consistent for other. That's a very weird argument, because you know, Slayer at least didn't have Angel of Death II, and Angel of Death III, unlike Metallica with Unforgiven.

>Nirvana is not a metal band, they come from a punk background
That much it's true, and frankly, it's hard to discuss Nirvana, because on one hand they were super-mainstream, but on the other hand... they don't really fit in the mainstream.

Eminem has Satan worshipping? Color me curious...
>>
>>93810368
Because fuck being some flatscan's house mutie.
>>
Because
>Pussy and dicks of all the colourd/flavors
>>
>>93811673
>I mean, yeah, you can be a shock band, but what's the use, when you can't sell your cds in a store.
Are you from the United States? Slayer albums have always been sold here lol.

>Metallica had napster controversy, st. anger, and lulu,
Napster controversy was stupid, anybody who hated or still hates them for that is a retard I'm sorry. Lulu fucking sucked and was a monumental failure, yes. St. Anger....Slayer had their St. Anger moment with Diabolus honestly, both were an attempt by each band to cater to modern metal audiences. Slayer became a groove band and Metallica refused to play solos, they both tried to go nu-metal in their own way , but let's face it Metallica is way bigger than Slayer and they will always make more waves....but people are just as critical about Diabolus

>yeah, albeit you don't see them in the radio, tv, nor being promoted anywhere.
I live in Michigan and here we still have rock stations, there is a thing called "manditory Metallica" that a lot of stations do where they play nothing but Metallica

Furthermore, their last album Hardwired had all kinds of promotion on American TV, they performed at the Grammys, did TV spots all over the place, etc

>Being repetitive does not make one a parody of himself. It's just makes someone boring for one, and consistent for other. That's a very weird argument, because you know, Slayer at least didn't have Angel of Death II, and Angel of Death III, unlike Metallica with Unforgiven.
Yeah but every Unforgiven song is very different from one another, it's not like it's actually the same song....Metallica used a title a bunch of times through different styles of music, Slayer make tons of the same songs but give them different titles, which is better?

>That much it's true, and frankly, it's hard to discuss Nirvana, because on one hand they were super-mainstream, but on the other hand... they don't really fit in the mainstream.
I don't like Nirvana at all, so whatever. AIC is more my thing
>>
>>93810368
Next time Scarlet Witch does some juju or an M-Pox rolls through or the Legacy Virus gets released or a Purifier group goes ham or the Sentinel program gets reinstated, you can be the random mutant that dies because he wasn't with the X-Men when it happened.

I'll stay safe, tyvm.
>>
>>93810368
xaviers school for the gifted was basically like a party college. dorms booze and sluts all day plus they get all that shit for free

shits so cash i wish i were an xmen
>>
>>93811234
>Slayer is every bit as mainstream as Metallica
I would love it if it were so but no, they are not. Metallica is played constantly on the radio, you never hear Slayer on mainstream radio
>>
>>93811817
>Slayer had their St. Anger moment with Diabolus honestly
eh, that's more of their Load. Meaning, it was still good music but very different style. (yes, I still like Load but St Anger was garbage and Lars should never drum again).
>>
>>93811201
>How can the Xmen be feared and hated yet superheroes praised and loved?
Since when has racism ever made sense? That's essentially what mutie hating is, and showing that kind of hypocrisy of the people might be intentional.
>>
Because they're not backstabbing Uncle Logans like you, Beast.
>>
>>93812829
Lame response man. No racists says "I hate all niggers but Obama is super cool, I have him on a t shirt"

Its qorse when theres zero way to identify the difference between a superhero and a mutant. People would not like / hate Spiderman based on whether he was born with spider powers or bitten by a radioactive spider as a teen. Its retarded.
>>
Because why would you write a character that is to be on a different team and make him a mutant?
>>
>>93813575
that's why mutants work more as a gay allegory than race.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.