[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was watching My Hero Academia, a superhero anime, and it seemed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mansteel.jpg (129KB, 468x737px) Image search: [Google]
mansteel.jpg
129KB, 468x737px
Was watching My Hero Academia, a superhero anime, and it seemed weird that basically every hero was introduced as 'the (whatever), (hero name)'.

Not something like Marvel's adjectives, as in Mighty Thor or Incredible Hulk, more along the lines of a description of the character - the only equivalents I can think of are the Caped Crusader, the Man of Steel, the Armored Avenger, or the Masked Menace. I guess the Children of the Atom sort of fits, but that only ever applied to the team as a whole.

Was that just a golden age convention that didn't spread much here, but Japan really liked it?

Does that kind of tagline seem like it should be more common, or is it just kind of odd? Does it only really work for a few characters?
>>
It's a Jap thing. They love their Definitive Article Adjective Noun titles.
>>
>>93774304
The Last Son/Daughter of Krypton
Maid of Might
The Man of Tommorow
The World's Mightiest Mortal
The World's Greatest Detective
The Dark Knight
The Dynamic Duo
World's Finest
The Boy Wonder
Scarlet Speedster
The Fastest Man Alive

Just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.
>>
>>93774995
The Sultan of Speed
The Monarch of Motion
The Crimson Comet

Flash has a lot.
>>
>Mfw yesterday there was a bnha thread that was pure /co/
>Mfw it was great
>>
>>93776015
I wish this anime shit was permabanned from /co/, it's even less on topic than the movie shit.
>>
>>93774304
It's just how Super Sentai heroes introduce themselves. Like, "The blooming flower! Ninja white!". It carried over into the manga from there.

Where does it come from? From wanting the children who watch the show to tell each hero apart. It's not unlike the initial buckles on the TMNT.

Also, Hero Academia has a fatal flaw on it's premise: The fact that people without powers supposedly can't become super heroes when most super heroes have garbage powers (like "I can see far away" or "I Can attract items to myself") and rely heavily on gadgets and cybrnetics which would be just as effective on a normal human.
>>
>>93774304
why would the Mighty Thor or the Incredible Hulk or the Incorrigible Captain America or the Invincible Iron Man or the Splendiferous Spider-Man or whatever not count? Literally every single one of those are titles and there are like six different people who have held each of them
>>
>>93778244
Wrong way around, at least anime can be discussed in the same vein as cartoons.

The movie shit is neither comics nor CGI.
>>
>>93778605
>Wrong way around, at least anime can be discussed in the same vein as cartoons.
Not according to moot.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.