[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel is backpedaling big time. http://www.ign.com/article

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 69

File: MJ.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
MJ.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
Marvel is backpedaling big time.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/10/spider-man-homecoming-producers-on-the-reveal-of-that-characters-nickname

>Feige: Well, we never even looked at it as a big reveal necessarily but more of just a fun homage to his past adventures and his past love. She's not Mary Jane Watson. She never was Mary Jane Watson. She was always this new high school character, Michelle, who we know there's an "M" in Michelle and an "M" in Mary. [laughs] So we're so clever and we thought, "Wouldn't it be neat if her initials were MJ?" And then I think it leaked that she would be playing MJ and then it became a whole headache for Zendaya to have to navigate. It was never a big, "Oh my God, it's a big reveal!" There are big reveals in the movie. That's not one of them.

>Pascal: She is not going to end as being Mary Jane Watson.

>Feige: She's not Mary-Jane Watson. Is she going to date Peter? Are they going to fall in love? She seems to be intrigued with him. There's a nice chemistry there. Who knows what will happen in the future films?

Lets devote an entire scene to having Michelle telling everyone to call her "MJ". But its definitely not intended to be taken seriously. Was just a funny nod, guise!
>>
I'm so sick of dozens of threads about this bitch.
>>
>>93768894
I wish she was MJ just to piss off the racist fans.
>>
File: paul the eternal cuck.jpg (108KB, 634x665px) Image search: [Google]
paul the eternal cuck.jpg
108KB, 634x665px
>>93768894
Is everyone with the last name Feig/Feige a colossal piece of dogshit?
>>
>>93768915
People are more upset about the waffling and Sony trying to have it both ways with a OC creation
>>
>>93768915
>Wanting a character even vaguely resemble the character they are named after is now racist
>>
>>93768858
>backpedaling

Define backpedaling. You think they're scared of the couple of idiots crying online about a nickname?
>>
>>93768858
People have been saying that since for fucking ever. Sorry your outrage-driven headcanon wasn't validated anon.
>>
>>93768922
No. Feig and Feige are completely different people, dumbass.
>>
>>93768971
>You think they're scared of the couple of idiots crying online about a nickname?

Yeah, Feige has openly stated that this has been a colossal PR nightmare.
>>
>>93768972
>outrage-driven headcanon wasn't validated
wut?
>>
>>93768969
>named after
Oh yeah, remember Michelle from the comics, she's my fav

>>93768997
Has he? Or are you referring to the OP quote?
>>
>>93768972
We've wasted so much energy on a character we knew since 8 months ago wasn't going to be Mary Jane not being Mary jane that we haven't talked how terrible a John Hughes/Spiderman mashup was going to be.
>like seriously John Hughes?
>>
>>93769025
>"MJ"
>Not named after someone in the comics

>Or are you referring to the OP quote?
He literally says in the OP: "And then I think it leaked that she would be playing MJ and then it became a whole headache for Zendaya to have to navigate."

Feige has been playing damage control since the movie came out.
>>
you are literally so autistic it's giving me secondhand embarrassment, you need to chill the fuck out and do something with your life op, this shit is unhealthy
>>
>>93769056
Is her name Mary Jane watson.
>no
Then she was never supposed to be Mary Jane Watson.
>>
>>93768858
>So we're so clever
i hope they fire this guy,he sounds like an asshole
>>
>>93769080
No she's supposed to be Spider-Man's love interest named MJ, that's completely different
>>
>>93768858
I thought they were calling her MJ cause she looks like a feminine version of Micheal Jackson.
>>
>>93768858

Whats the problem with spiderman wanting to bang mixed/light skinned black girls? Is MJ being red haired and having a super model body the only important aspects to her character? Whats wrong with trying something new?
>>
>>93768983
Wow, how fucking stupid do you have to be to not only read a post wrong, but to reply in such a completely retarded manner.
I feel legitimately sorry for your parents and anyone unfortunate enough to have to spend time around your downs-syndrome ass.
>>
File: AAAUGHH!.jpg (96KB, 382x452px) Image search: [Google]
AAAUGHH!.jpg
96KB, 382x452px
>>93769047
>running-through-backyards routine from Ferris Bueller
>I got that ref-
>they just straight ups how the movie out in the yard with Peter saying "GOOD MOVIE!"

You could really tell that some idiot from Sony was afraid that the kids wouldn't catch the obvious references and made sure they put that in there.
>>
>>93769080
Thing is, it's not that Zendaya is Mary Jane; she's "MJ" and she's replacing Mary Jane altogether.
>>
>>93769056
...because journalist after journalist kept asking her if she was really Mary Jane, because her actual role in the movie fell into irrelevancy as people were more curious about the leak than what she or the director had to say, not because people hated her for stealing Mary Jane's role or whatever you're thinking
>>
>>93769126
>sony
You mean Marvel.
>>
>>93769110
It's pandering, lazy, and it's hard to care about characters that change dramatically every few years to satisfy the current zeitgeist
>>
>>93769131
>she's replacing Mary Jane altogether
No she isn't.
>>
>>93769170
Welcome to comic books, anon.
>>
>>93769176
so who plays Mary Jane?
>>
>>93769126
at least Cap didn't tell us to go home because the movie is already over.

although Deadpool already did that.
>>
>>93769153
No, I don't. Marvel hasn't felt the need to explain their references in such an obvious stupid manner before, whereas the Sony people always act like goddamn retards. So it's a good bet that the retarded idea came from the retarded side of the collaboration, same place the "no big deal!" hip-with-the-kids v-logging shit came from.
>>
File: The Flash.jpg (195KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
195KB, 800x544px
>>93769110
>trying something new
It's not exactly "something new" any more.
It's a Hollywood meme and it's outstayed its welcome.
>>
>>93769126
>that the kids wouldn't catch the obvious references
Why the fuck WOULD kids catch it? How many parents do you think are showing their kids Feris Buller or how many kids do you think even give a shit about that movie?

I doubt you knew every single reference Animaniacs did as a kid.
>>
>>93769080
Right, and John Blake was never supposed to be Robin, right?
>>
>>93769187
That's not even remotely what I said, but yes, race is an aspect of her character

if they had left her white but made her rich instead of poor or a scientist instead of an actor it, particularly to pander to the audience, it would still have been shit
>>
>>93769183
We don't know.
>>
>>93769110
>Is MJ being red haired and having a super model body the only important aspects to her character?

Why don't you try reading a comic sometime and find out for yourself?
>>
>>93769227
So nobody

When you have a long established character called MJ and you delete her and and add new character called MJ, that's a replacement
>>
>>93769126
>>93769209
Knowing this generation, they'd assume that it was spoofing the Dominos commercial, not Feris Buller.
>>
Hey fucko, go back to /tv/
>>
>>93769225
>race is an aspect of Mary jane
No it isn't, race never played a factor in her character.
>>
>>93769110
>Is MJ being red haired and having a super model body the only important aspects to her character?

Well, yes.
>>
>>93768915

I can tell you don't like Mary Jane. The problem isn't even just not looking like her, is that she doesn't even have the same personality or even anything vaguely resembling the same personality.
>>
File: disdainful darkie.jpg (12KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
disdainful darkie.jpg
12KB, 199x200px
>writing the classic character MJ out of the movie
Wow, sexist much Sony/Marvel?
>>
>up and coming disney channel starlet
>given a controversial role in the mcu, because who knows, her manager knew which strings to pull and she didn't want to be in the Descendants 2 or something.

Blame Disney for this one.
>>
>>93769257
race plays a factor in every character, particularly with marvel who love to touch on social issues
>>
>>93768858
I hope she is the MCUs Mary Jane Watson and I hope you screeching retards lose lots of sleep over it
>>
>>93769278
How does race play into Mary jane watson's character then.
Explain how being white is central to Mary Jane watson.
>>
>>93769209
So should Animaniacs have spelt out all of the references so that kids couldn't miss any of them? Of fucking course not.

Showing the exact scene on a tv while you're doing your version of it serves no goddamn purpose. Either the kid doesn't know about that scene and then having the same thing happen on the tv in the scene makes no sense, or they have seen it and shouldn't need it pointed out. It's done for the dumbest of mouthbreathers who would have asked "so that part where he ran through backyards was an homage to Ferris Bueller, right?" if they hadn't gotten definitive proof of it in the scene.
>>
File: hahaha classic.jpg (63KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha classic.jpg
63KB, 445x372px
>pair all white female heroes with black men
>pair all black female heroes with white men
>pair Asian women with robots
>pair Asian men with NO ONE
>>
>>93769259
>this character that isn't Maty jane doesn't act like Mary jane.
>>
>>93769294
Because MJ is a successful model that gets repeat exposure on real magazines made for normal women, not ebony fair and shit.
>>
>>93769298
>It's done for the dumbest of mouthbreathers who would have asked
Who? Children?

Who the fuck are you insulting in this sentence, because you seem to be wildly moving your targets to express rage at a two second joke.
>>
>>93769290
we've already established that she's the MCU's Mary Jane Watson, they just changed her name to Michelle and they cast a black girl to score diversity points

>>93769294
She's white, along with her red hair it's the first thing you'd notice about her
>>
>>93769259
>this character isn't anything like Mary Jane!
Cause she's not.
>>
>>93769330
Great, how much sleep have you lost? Please keep me updated
>>
>>93769176
>called "MJ"
>budding interest in Peter
>a rebellious, free-spirited girl (much like what MJ was in 60s)
>played by a model
She is Disney's Marvel's New and Improved "MJ". Enjoy your cheese, mousekeeter.
>>
>>93769330
>we've already established that she's the MCU's Mary Jane Watson
No you haven't, you made the claim but you never proved it.
>>
>>93769352
>called "MJ"
Is her name Mary jane tho?
>no
Then it's not Mary Jane.
>>
>>93769316
>>93769336

She's the character meant to replace MJ. Until the actual Mary Jane Watson shows up (she won't), this will still be the case.
>>
>>93769336
that's the problem, why delete a long beloved character like MJ just for this pickaninny?

>>93769345
I just woke up, slept great, saw Baby Driver the other day instead of wasting my money on this Retcon nonsense
>>
>>93769372
Of course she's not Mary Jane, but she's still "MJ". It's the same shit Nolan did in TDKR with Robin.
>>
>>93769356
Who said anything about proving anything? do you have to prove that the sky is blue? No, it just is.

There was one MJ, now there's a different MJ, Mary Jane Watson doesn't exist in the MCU, why don;'t you prove any of that incorrect?
>>
>>93769380
>She's the character meant to replace MJ.
Except that's something that inly you've been saying. This shit is like a vroken record right now.
>I can't believe they fucked up Mary Jane like this!
>she's not Mary Jane
>well she's her replacement
>but still I can't believe they fucked up Mary Jane like this!
>>
She's Jonahs kid

> obsessed with Peter
> Dad is obsessed with Spidey
> Michelle Jameson
> last name secret for a reason
> callback to the Vulture dad reveal in the next movie
>>
>>93769417
They fucked up because they cut out a hole where Mary Jane was supposed to be and in her place put a replacement straight out of tumblr.
>>
>>93769383
>why delete a long beloved character like MJ
They didn't, you're assuming that they did and getiing outraged but that is an unfounded claim.
>>
File: 1476775771326.jpg (48KB, 387x420px) Image search: [Google]
1476775771326.jpg
48KB, 387x420px
>>93769326
>>
>>93769383
>why delete a long beloved character like MJ just for this pickaninny?
Because having attractive women in your story is sexist and Problematic, didn't you know?
>>
>>93769448
Mary jane was never involved in High school spider-man tho, She's only appeared when he was in college.
>>
>>93769448

Pretty much this. Mary Jane will never be in these movies because they already have their "MJ".
>>
>>93769466
unless you're an ultimates casual
>>
>>93769082
I think that was being sarcastic, since he's saying it in the context of admitting the "clever" idea blew up in their faces.
>>
>>93769329
Children who knows of Ferris Bueller and the adult capeshit crowd who can't think for themselves.

The scene simply did not need a tv playing the original scene in the background. It's like doing the Deadpool post-credits scene, except instead of just having Deadpool do the bit from the movie you also have the scene playing on the tv behind Deadpool, because you won't trust your audience.

>a two second joke.
Practically the first rule of comedy is that you don't explain the joke.
>>
>Spiderfags have their 999th autistic fit of the day that Spidey doesn't have his boring token waifu
>>
File: a lesbian.jpg (19KB, 464x261px) Image search: [Google]
a lesbian.jpg
19KB, 464x261px
>>93769450
Who's outraged? I'm simply telling the truth, there is one MJ in the MCU and she's not Mary Jane Watson, if you honestly believe they're going to introduce a second MJ named Mary Jane and she'll be the red head from the comics, good for you, but obviously that's a retarded premise, I shouldn't have to spell out to you why they aren't going to do that.

>>93769450
That does sound like current Marvel, they sure do love their ugly women
>>
>>93768858
I hope she doesn't turn out to be the real MJ. I don't really have a problem with her being Mexican but she is ugly as fuck.....and looks like a man and is not ladylike at all
>>
>>93769391
>It's the same shit Nolan did in TDKR with Robin.

You mean the character who had nothing in common with any of the Robins and who never became a Robin?
>>
>>93769410
>Who said anything about proving anything?
You did when you said we've established she's mcu mary jane.
>>
>>93769383
>delete

That's one funny way to look at things, they didn't use her = so they brutally murdered her character and everything she represents

Was Raimi cruel for "deleting" Gwen (at least initially) and using MJ as the first love that gets threatened by Goblin? Did you hate when the TASM movies "deleted" Gwen Stacy to replace her with a quirky nerd that stole her name? What about all the other spider-babes that these movies barely mention? So much deletion!
>>
>>93769512
Is the character named MJ, is she in the MCU?
>>
MARVEL IS DRINKING YOUR TEARS
>>
>>93769380
>Until the actual Mary Jane Watson shows up (she won't), this will still be the case.

I don't think she won't show up. Especially if assuming your theory of her being a replacement is true. Making a new character, but the only similarity being the initials? Sounds like they intended it as a dip in the water.

I'm sure that they (assuming they haven't already) will change their minds about the character because of the negative blacklash they're getting and they'll either deliver a proper Mary Jane or write Michelle out and not use Mary Jane either.
>>
>>93769479
To be fair, it's not exactly the first time the MCU has taken cues from the Ultimate universe.
>>
>>93769527
>Is the character named MJ
No she's not, MJ is a nickname.
>>
File: 1497299006122.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497299006122.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
Why do you guys talk about the same thing every day

this board is such shit lol
>>
They know damn well that she was intended to be Mary Jane, but when the leak happened they realized that their retarded pandering will get them nowhere they had to redo everything.
>>
>>93769490
>Children who knows of Ferris Bueller
They don't. Children aren't watching old 80's movies unless their parents introduce it to them first.

>the adult capeshit crowd who can't think for themselves.
Oh, you're just a mad autist yourself who wants to sling around buzzwords. You should've said so, I wouldn't have bothered responding to you in the first place.

Next time be more obvious in your first post and say children who like capeshit or something so people know to ignore you right off the bat.
>>
>>93769525
Why are you getting so worked up?

not using her is the same as deleting her from continuity, and yeah I think if I made a Spider-man movie I would start with Gwen and then move on to MJ, that's the proper way to do it.

I wouldn't make a brand new MJ and if I did I wouldn't cast her as some ugly wog and i would have written her a personality that men desire, because she's meant to be desirable.
>>
>>93769502
>who's outraged
You are.
>I simply stating a fact
No you're not. You're making an erroneous assumption and refusing to back down from it.
>>
>>93769557

Not exactly helping your case, anon. If I didn't already know that was a girl I'd be commending them on their tuckjob.
>>
>>93769550
Way to move those goal posts
>>
>>93769574
>Children aren't watching old 80's movies unless their parents introduce it to them first.
And most parents do.
>>
Spider-man fans are cementing themselves as one of the worst cape fanbases on /co/
>>
>>93769589
lol Ok so when they make the sequel and they have two characters running around named MJ we'll know you're right then, good luck with that
>>
>>93769604
HAHAHA

most parents make their kids watch youtube
>>
>>93769619
Michelle will be called MJ until Mary Jane shows up, Spidey jokes about two MJs in his life and Michelle becomes Michelle again

most obvious love triangle in the world
>>
>>93769609
Wow what a surprise people bristle at forced diversity in movies, especially when they have to lose characters they love, what a shock, it's not like we have this conversation every time a black is cast in a white role.
>>
>>93769604
Children don't care about their parents' interests. Or their parents' lives, for that matter. That's how the term "dad rock" came to exist in the first place.

Hell, young people unironically prefer the Star Wars prequels over the originals. So don't pretend the 80s aren't dead to kids.
>>
>>93769574
>Children aren't watching old 80's movies unless their parents introduce it to them first.

Are you under the belief that parents showing their kids their favourite 80's movies are a minority? No shit children aren't all just watching random 80's movies on their own. Same way I didn't go out to watch random 70's movies but got shown them by my dad.
>>
>>93769657
>implying anyone with a brain "loves" the character Mary Jane Watson
>>
File: 1491020648240.jpg (41KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1491020648240.jpg
41KB, 641x530px
>>93768858
>Marvel is backpedaling big time

They never said she was Mary Jane Watson. Never. Clickbait rumor faggots said that.

There's no backpedaling. Just you being a fool for believing every movie rumor on the internet
>>
>>93769107
>a feminine version of Micheal Jackson.

You mean, just Michael Jackson?
>>
>>93769656
The MCU is nowhere near as clever to do that.
>>
>>93769690
people here have bigger persecution complexes than jews mate
>>
Meh. I don't think they actually have that great of a chemistry. Her and the fat dude would be better.
>>
>>93769656
You honest to god believe that's going to happen? Why do you think they bothered to develop Zendaya's character at all, call her MJ, just to throw her away on a joke that isn't even funny?

It would have been better writing to just never call Zendaya MJ in the first place, do you really think so little of the movie's writers?
>>
>>93769609
>implying these autists are actual Spider-Man fans

Real Spider-Man fans would know better than to think MJ should show up in High School and since they're used to Spider-Man being fucked over they would know how to handle it better. Like some black kid having the nickname MJ is anywhere near as bad as Peter selling his marriage with MJ to fucking satan, to save an ancient old woman who's told him she's ready to die.
>>
>>93769709
You mean the same MCU that made the Vulture an actually good villain as well as the prom dates scary father in a teenage high school movie? That MCU?
>>
File: kermot.jpg (12KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
kermot.jpg
12KB, 195x195px
>The character just happens to be called "MJ" but it's not MJ.
What kind of complete idiot came up with that?
>>
>>93769619
That's assuming Zendaya is sticking around.
>>
>>93769372
>I can only see surface value and superfluous details.
>>
comic book """"fans"""" literally seething over a pair of fucking initials

get some help
>>
>>93769753
The only way I could see it changing is if they thought about utilizing Zendaya as a love interest but change their mind between now and the sequel and just throw a new MJ in there for the relationship plot, but that seems kind of unlikely.
>>
>>93769581
How am i getting worked up? I'm calling out your idiocy, and i want to judge the movie for what it wants to do instead of eternally focusing on what it could've been if it was a 1 to 1 copy of the comics

You don't like her character? Fine, nobody cares about all the rest about how her existence deleted another's and what you consider "the proper way to do it". If i had to reason that way for every CBM then I'd only be complaining all day. I already made the examples of the older Spiderman movies

And I'm a huge defender of MJ and Peter's marriage, mind you, i just realize that at the 3rd iteration of the big screen of the character in less than 20 years it's more than normal for the creators to wish to differ from what was done before. The fact that the movie still feels fresh despite being the 6th is one of the biggest praises it's getting after all
>>
>>93769676
>Are you under the belief that parents showing their kids their favourite 80's movies are a minority?
They are. A lot of kids don't care for the "old stuff" and most of the time, parents just give them an iPad so they can watch unboxing videos or Lets Plays. You were part of the minority, there's still a lot of people your age who don't know shit about 70's movies. Probably far greater than those who do.
>>
File: [Worried Chewing].gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
[Worried Chewing].gif
140KB, 379x440px
Is there some kind of conspiracy in Hollywood to rid all of fiction from gingers?
>Annie
>Jimmy Olsen
>Wally West
What the fuck is going on?
>>
File: 1499400889535.jpg (180KB, 554x831px) Image search: [Google]
1499400889535.jpg
180KB, 554x831px
>>93768915
>racist fans.
Faggot please, me and a ton of other non whites at work made this and Flash Guatemalan Thompson the thing that bothered them the most about the movie. MJ not being a redhead was also an outrage to the Mexican guys.
>>
>>93769718

goddamnit Hitler I thought you were dead
>>
>>93769729
>Why do you think they bothered to develop Zendaya's character at all
What character m8? She's an archetype,
The rebellious punk chick.
>>
>>93769503
>Mexican
She is half black and half white.
>>
>>93769745
>good villain
>MCU
Nope. Try again.
>>
>>93769800
which isn't MJ.a character, because she doesn't even have a character

I'll take a mean black bitch over the most vanilla and boring spidey love interest on the planet. What about betty? what about chat? what about the midget? all of them are better than MJ.

raimifags need to go
>>
>>93768858
>But its definitely not intended to be taken seriously.
yeah it probably wasn't. this is the same movie where vulture killing his own man is a joke and may discovering peter as spidey is a joke. not sure if you noticed but this movie isn't supposed to be taken seriously.
>>
>>93769790
>>93769662
>Kids these days don't care about ild movie
How the fuck would you know? Do you have kids? Do you hang out with kids a lot anon. Once again your entire argument rests on assumption.
>>
File: MJ ASM 25.jpg (630KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MJ ASM 25.jpg
630KB, 1041x1600px
>>93769466
>She's only appeared when he was in college.

Unless you count the time she showed up and chatted with Aunt May in ASM #25 (since Peter graduated high school in #28 and all) and how Aunt May had been trying to get Peter to meet her since.
>>
>>93769787
You're the one who got all hyperbolic out of nowhere, I'm just stating simple facts, the writers decided that Mary Jane was not worth including and they wrote Zendaya as an OC love interest for Peter Parker, I hope I'm wrong because that's pretty lame, but it's obviously their intention.

as fas as what that says about the movie, I'm not going to give them my money, you can go see it ten times and love it each time for all I care, go have fun, but I'll pay to see the Spider-Man movie where MJ is a white red-headed girl from queens, not this one.
>>
>>93769201
You know, the fact that she's black didn't bother me, it was the fact that they were raised together, and she acts like *he's* the weird one for being a little uncomfortable with that.
>>
>>93769503
>I don't really have a problem with her being Mexican

She's a white/black halfbreed.
>>
>>93769842
oh and Peter turns down the thing he wanted the WHOLE movie AS A JOKE
>>
>>93769107
Meh heh
>>
>>93769294
She is probably one of the most famous fictional red heads in all of modern fiction.
>>
>>93768858

we shouldn't gas niggers, we should gas nigger lovers.
>>
>>93769557
He's a pretty convincing trap
>>
Hey Americans, please explain: I thought Peter Parker was a top student.
If that's so, why did he have to go to a school that's 90% minorities?
>>
File: 4b3.jpg (67KB, 600x833px) Image search: [Google]
4b3.jpg
67KB, 600x833px
>Mary Jane Watson will never appear on the big screen ever again
>>
>>93769862
that explains her looks
>>
>>93769510
Who was explicitly named Robin? I'm not op and I didn't even mind that little twist but you're being intentionally obtuse if you can't understand what they're talking about.
>>
>>93769903
>If that's so, why did he have to go to a school that's 90% minorities?

Doesn't matter if your grades are good if you're poor.

He can probably escape the ghetto when he goes to college and scores those Tony Stark scholarship megabux.
>>
>>93769903
You're placed in a school based on where you live.
>>
>>93769790
>parents just give them an iPad
Maybe your white-trash acquaintances do. That doesn't make it the norm for families who have movie-nights etc.

In case you hadn't noticed we're currently going through a massive 80's-nostalgia moment that in turn makes teens and tweens check out 80's classics. We're not talking about knowing about some obscure 80's b-movie, we're talking about John Fucking Hughes movies. The cornerstone of 80's teen movies.

> You were part of the minority, there's still a lot of people your age who don't know shit about 70's movies.
Oh yeah, sure, I'm in the minority for being able to catch a Jaws or Godfather reference. I'm definitely a special snowflake for knowing about movies made before I was born.
>>
>>93768858
I'm just confused why they named her mj. If you wanted to make a brand new character, make a new character. Don't try to please fans with the name which is going to confuse fans.
>>
>>93769926
Imagine how out of touch and desperate you have to be to think that most children know the movie Ferris Bueller. Good lord. You have NO FUCKING ARGUMENT. I could go outside and ask ten kids and my small sample would be a stronger fucking argument than your retarded delusion.
>>
>>93768922
black man shoot hollywood homosexual and has his three concubines stand on him as he dies
>>
>>93769915
You mean the name that none of the Robins have had as their legal name? Yup, that definitely means it's Robin and we should bitch and moan about how he's different from muh favourite cawmiks version.
>>
>>93769954
MJ isn't Mary Jane's name
>>
>>93769849
>How the fuck would you know? Do you have kids? Do you hang out with kids a lot anon. Once again your entire argument rests on assumption.
Yes, I do, that's why I'm able to make such specific fucking examples like using an iPad and unboxing videos. Because that's exactly what my nephew and all his friends do. They've even started making their own when they buy Pokemon cards.

The only time he watches old movies is when a reboot is coming out and his mother wants to show him the original movie before they see it (Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters). And he ends up always preferring the new one. He fell asleep for the original Star Wars but loved the new one. And he thinks the Alvin & the Chipmunks movies are hilarious but is bored by any of the old cartoons.

He's also obsessed with Minecraft even though he's never even played Minecraft. He's just obsessed with it because all his friends are, too.

A lot of kids are like-minded. You just need to know a handful of them and chances are, they all have the same interests because kids like to conform to what their friends are doing. Just because you grew up watching Ferris Buller doesn't mean they did.

>>93769926
>Maybe your white-trash acquaintances do.
>white-trash
>iPad
>>
>>93769956
Go do it. Ask them. And come back and admit you're a twat.
>>
>>93769903
Now you know why white and asian parents work their asses off to move into certain neighborhoods and get their kids into certain schools.

If you're the kid of a single parent, your parents don't give a fuck or if your parents are dead and your family doesn't have a lot of resources you're stuck in the 'diverse' school getting the shit beat out of you weekly while all of your classes are filled with violent, loud, rude, stupid cretins who ignore the teacher and spend the entire class fucking around.

I'd say it's a testament to Peter's intelligence that he managed to get into high school with his drive to succeed intact.
>>
>>93769903
The type of school he's in has a system that is based on real ones in NYC where they are top-tier schools that do not discriminate based on race, economic background, etc. The only real requirement is top grades, but other than the, the selection process is nearly blind. They survive almost entirely on donations and reputation.
>>
>ITT: /pol/ invades /co/ again
>>
>>93769954
>I'm just confused why they named her mj.

No, you know exactly why they named her MJ, and their frantic lies after the fact to try to confuse the issue are not convincing.

They were planning to replace Mary Jane with a token diversity insert but were forced to backpedal when faced with fan backlash and now they're just trying to play dumb for as long as possible so you'll still buy tickets.
>>
File: 1499701737424.jpg (192KB, 683x747px) Image search: [Google]
1499701737424.jpg
192KB, 683x747px
>>93768858
>>
>>93769903
If you didn't notice, he goes to a private school. The kids that go there are the best of the best.
>>
>>93770013
>Hollywood racebaits again
>/co/ bites
>LOL /POL/ LOL
>>
>>93769126
Yeah that was pretty annoying. Wish they would've just had the music from the scene playing instead.
>>
Has there been a single piece of Spidey media since SM2 that his cunt ass fans have actually enjoyed
>>
>>93769956
Do I think Ferris Buller's day off is a 1st graders favorite movie?
No.
Do I think that most people, including kids cause this shit is in cable, have seen the movie at least once?
Yeah
Do I think the movie is extremely well-known in pop culture and therfore showing the exact same scene you're refrencing is redundant.
Obviously.
>>
>>93768858
I didn't know Marvel made a real Damage Control.
>>
>>93769956
>You have NO FUCKING ARGUMENT.

Your entire argument has been "no they don't", and getting really angry at the idea that kids would have learnt some 80's pop-culture references thanks to the internet and their parents.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off isn't some obscure shit, anon. It's been spoofed and referenced since it came out. Just the other year it was a huge superbowl thing. I'm not even American and even here people get when you're referencing it. You'd have to be literally 5 to not know anything about it.
>>
If they didnt want you to think of her as the new MJ they would have given her a different name.

It really is that simple. Anyone arguing that this is a new character rather than an MCU MJ is like trying to argue that Spider Ham Peter Porker is an entirely original hero unrelated to Spider-Man Peter Parker.
>>
>>93770048
>Do I think that most people, including kids cause this shit is in cable, have seen the movie at least once?
TV is dead. Kids NETWORKS are struggling, the fuck you think kids are wasting their time watching Ferris Buller re-runs on some movie channel?

>Do I think the movie is extremely well-known in pop culture and therfore showing the exact same scene you're referencing is redundant.
Except your entire argument is that it's kids who will get the reference. They won't. Especially considering that entire scene was silent and had no music which was a key part of the reference. Without it, it's just a guy running through a backyard frantically.

I doubt you even get all the 80's references in an average Family Guy episode, let alone kids.
>>
>>93769981
Your nephew is clearly autistic, anon. He's not the average.
>>
>>93770087
>I have no argument but I must post!
>>
>>93769981
>Yes, I do
Do what nigga? You have kids then or you spending a lot times with kids? In what situation are you hanging with these kids?
You a teacher or something?
What specifically are you talking about when you speaking as the authority on kids these days.
>>
>>93769743
See: >>93769850
>>
File: questioning.jpg (10KB, 327x249px) Image search: [Google]
questioning.jpg
10KB, 327x249px
Why didn't they just call her JM, to avoid confusion?
It's almost as if they WANTED people to think that she's MJ.
>>
>>93770036
>Trust me I'm not from /pol/ but don't you just hate when those hollywood jews racebait my fellow /co/mblrites
sure thing anon. now go back.
>>
>>93769966
>>93769510
you're autistic
>>
>>93770100
Holy shit, did you even read past that sentence, or are you actually serious with this post?
>>
>>93770039
Isn't there some rule about being able to show 2 seconds of footage or music without having to pay royalties? If I'm remembering it right it was probably cheaper to have that short snippet on the tv than it would have been to play the music while he ran.
>>
>>93770112
Yeah, that's why they just flat outsaid Zendaya isn't playing Mary jane.
>>
>>93770129
That's actually a myth, I think.
>>
>>93770042
>spider-man 1 and 2 are slavish adaptations of Lee/Ditko
>every other spider-man film grabs elements across every canon and interpretation of spidey

Woah it's almost like the movies that pull from larger pools of story elements have issues pleasing nerds that wants different elements expanded upon

At least with Spideys 1 and 2 it just comes down to: Do you enjoy cheesey Lee/Ditko Spidey? Y/N the newer ones are more complicated than that because they arent really based on specific stories
>>
>>93770123
So his argument rest on one kid in a specific setting.
>>
>>93769800
>The rebellious punk chick.

You've never actually seen a punk chick before, have you?
>>
>>93769500
>Mouseketeer have their 1000000th damage control posts for their corporate overlords.
>>
>>93770036
>black people having a role in anything is racebating
>muh es jay double u's

Lol.
>>
>>93770134
No, she's playing MCU's version of MJ. Why would they call her MJ if not to call to mind the character of MJ from the comics?
>>
>>93770098
That's been you the entire time. Your autistic nephew isn't proof that nobody who wasn't born in the 80's could catch a pop-culture reference.
>>
>>93768915
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>93770170
You literally stopped at the word "nephew". Not even "and his friends". You stopped mid-sentence just to post.

Fuck, I can't even get you to sit down and read a couple of sentences for half a minute, you think any fucking kid is going to sit down for 90 to watch Ferris Buller?
>>
>>93769842
>yeah it probably wasn't.

Which is why the had an entire scene, specifically and only to reveal that Michelle is MJ, right?

If it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, why was that scene even in the movie? Why couldn't the "nod" be inserted into any of her other scenes?
>>
>>93770172
We're talking about movie teen archetypes.
>>
>>93770190
It's more proof than, "Y-YES THEY DO!".

If you want to keep thinking kids are falling for 80's movies, then go at it. At least I know no kid is getting lured to your van when you have no idea what the fuck they even like.
>>
>>93770193
Your argument is still trash.
>>
>>93770134
But the character is called "MJ", the nickname of Mary Jane.
Why would you pay to see a film made by someone so uncreative that they couldn't even come up with another name?
>>
That bitch and fat chink are the only big problems with the movie.
>>
>>93770225
Fighting fire with fire, I suppose.
>>
>>93770183
>Why would they call her MJ if not to call to mind the character of MJ from the comics?

They'll probably not continue with it considering all the negative sentiments they're getting. They'll probably have the characters continue to call her Michelle. Assuming she even comes back in the next one.
>>
>>93770213
It's not proof, we don't even know if you even have a nephew.
>>
>>93770213
Our argument isn't based on "yes they do", though. It's based on the fact that the scene is part of pop culture around the goddamn world, which means that even a kid just browsing youtube will run into it.
>>
>>93769170
>pandering

And keeping """"""MJ"""""" as a red head soon to be super model isn't somehow?
>>
File: Batman_DickGrayson.jpg (68KB, 483x600px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_DickGrayson.jpg
68KB, 483x600px
>>93769966
Yeah, its not like the movie ended with "Robin" discovering Bruce's batcave and taking up the mantle.

'Cause there has never been a Robin that has ever taken over the title of Batman, right?
>>
>>93769979
She is literally the only character in Marvel comics that uses those initials as her nickname.
>>
>>93769792
its called pandering. people who work at big corporations tend to live in a bubble, so they go online and see what the big trends are, and progressiveness is hip now so in an attempt to get the new generation to buy a ticket they pander.

why is this hard for 4chan to process? there's no big Jew conspiracy, its just shitty marketing.
>>
>>93769966
The movie ends with JGL getting called Robin and then becoming the second batman. If you think that Batman taking on a disciple named Robin isnt referencing the comics youre retarded
>>
File: Dr._Lorre_cartoon.jpg (17KB, 296x316px) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Lorre_cartoon.jpg
17KB, 296x316px
>>93770251
Pic related was based on someone and used all the goddamn time, I doubt you even knew who the real life counterpart was.

You're giving fucking 10 year olds way too much credit to know every reference just because it's easy for you since you already grew up with them and are an old man.

>>93770246
Even if I didn't, the fact that Pokemon, Minecraft, and unboxing videos are all insanely popular with kids means that kids generally have the same interests.
>>
>>93769979
I bet you everyone in the Marvel universe has called her MJ
>>
>>93770213
Dude

You're retarded.
>>
>>93769979
Spider-Man isn't peter parker's name.

If another character named Parker Peterson started running around calling himself spider-man, he would be a Spidey derivative, not an original character.
>>
>>93770332
lmao good comeback xD
>>
>>93769110
That was her entire point. That despite all the awful shit in Peter's life, that at the end of the day he was coming home to a beautiful woman who understood and loved him.

Which is why One More Day happened because angry writers didn't think that was relatable
>>
>>93770270
But that's Dick, not some cop named Robin who's obviously a new character since he shares none of the background with any of the old characters, except for being named the same as their nickname.

Almost like this chick who shares none of the characteristics, background or even name with the character she apparently is, all there is is her using the same nickname.
>>
>>93770345
What's wrong with telling the truth?
>>
Clearly they were thinking about the switch, but didn't, becuse of nerd rage.

>>93769110
>Whats the problem with spiderman wanting to bang mixed/light skinned black girls?
Nothing. Pic related. If they wanted a light skinned black girl as a romantic partner, they should have used Chat instead of their shitty off brand.

>>93769257
Your argument would be better here if you were able to give lots of shit important to her character aside from her iconic look.

> Whats wrong with trying something new?
You have a strange sense of new. Are you new to /co/? /cotv/? this universe?

>>93769311
It's "replace asian men with pretty much anything, black men (mordo), White men (mandarin), white women (the ancient one).

>>93769555
For the same reason why you went to this board, went to this particular thread, and decided to not only post, but to take the extra effort to include an image.

>>93769685
Even if you're right
>>
>>93770251
>It's based on the fact that the scene is part of pop culture around the goddamn world, which means that even a kid just browsing youtube will run into it.
Watching a couple videos of kids react to shit will immediately tell you anything you THINK is well known and popular is not in the slightest. Half of them didn't even know who Michael Jackson was.
>>
>>93770366
But if he's unrelated, why did they put in a scene that called him Robin? The audience likely would not make that connection if that scene wasnt there.
>>
>>93770242
Only /co/ is complaining. Everybody else loves that the new Mary Jane is a woman of color and woke.
>>
>>93768858
Wait, I don't get why everyone is freaking out. We've known she was Mary Jane since the moment she was cast.
>>
>>93770395
Asians aren't -real- minorities because they have a low crime rate and place high importance on education and money management.

That's why it's okay to replace their roles with literally any other race, just like white people.
>>
>>93768858
The character herself doesn't bother me, it's the fact that they tried to replace classic Mary Jane for this dirty looking cunt. And people who are defending this saying that it's fine to try something new for the cinematic universe would lose their shit if they turned a character who has consistently been black in the comics from the time of their conception to a white person. People who think Marvel doesn't have an agenda by now are fucking retarded.

>>93770411
This delusion is amazing.
>>
>>93770451
And no one is buying it.
>>
>>93770313
Guess what? Some kids DID get that reference. I know, it's mindblowing to think that some kids catch references that other kids don't, or that kids your age might have understood things you didn't. But the crucial part is that the kids who DIDN'T get that reference wouldn't have been better off if the cartoon had suddenly started playing Peter Lorre movies in the middle of everything, just to make sure they got who and what the character was referencing. Because that's a terrible idea.

Explaining a reference while you're doing it is goddamn retarded and I can only assume that you work for Marvel or Sony since you're so hellbent on defending it.
>>
>>93770464
>itvss the fact that they tried to replace classic Mary Jane for this dirty looking cunt.
They didn't even do that, they used a different character and that's it. Nothing is stopping them for using from Mary jane and the idea that they can't because they're so fully committed to Zendaya is baseless.
>>
>>93770488
> Some kids DID get that reference.
Really? You know this for a fact hm? Interesting the amount of bullshit you're capable of spouting when it comes to being outraged at a five second joke in a 2 and a half hour long movie.
>>
>>93770396
Kids react is fake anon, they're actors being couched.
>>
>>93770396
You mean the series that makes money off of hilariously showing kids not knowing about things are showing kids that don't know about things?! By god, what a surprise!

I bet you think "reality" tv isn't scripted and staged as well.
>>
>>93769490
>adult capeshit who can't think for themselves
Is getting a reference really 'thinking for yourself', buddy? You're talking about this like it's the death of liberty but it's really just an extra moment for the people who made it to the end of that scene without realizing it was a joke. Oh gosh I can feel my brain melting already, I can no longer make decisions because of this scene.
>>
>>93768915
I'm more upset about THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT WAS BUILT BY SLAVES
>>
>>93770548
>you know this for a fact.
Yeah I do cause I'm one of those kids who knew what Peter Lorre sounds like. Technically everyone does, they might not be able to put a name to the voice but they get it.
>this is an old hollywood reference.
>>
>>93770573
My 70-year old dad groaned in the theater. I can only imagine what sort of hellish reality a 20-something year old must be living in if they act like a 70-year old man.

It wasn't even a statement by the movie or writers, that's just how that particular character acts. And even THEN, it was a joke-y way for the writers to have one member of the group down on the ground so she could say MY FRIENDS ARE UP THERE! to Peter, who knows who those friends would be.
>>
File: 14267365782346.png (41KB, 540x462px) Image search: [Google]
14267365782346.png
41KB, 540x462px
>>93770452
>>93770395
The Progressive Minority Tier Ranking:

>shitlords
Whites, Asians, Indians

>possible shitlord status depending on whether they've committed a crime or not
Hispanics

>'actual' minorities
Black people of any ethnicity, Arabs

>'mysteriously not a minority despite being the victim of the majority of hate crimes'
Jews

Tier 1 can be replaced by anything in Tier 2 or 3 in any mainstream media, but god help you if you try to replace anything from 2 or 3 with 1 and 4. Tier 4 is completely despised despite progressives claiming to hate Nazis.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>93768858
>bilt by sleves you whiteboy
You are not MJ anymore
>>
Wait, why would you have this otherwise unused character's final line be 'uh... call me MJ' followed by a gag about her maybe knowing Peter is Spiderman, if it was not meant to be a stinger? They just rename characters in the last scene of movies, now?

It's the same as TDKR's Robin.
>>
>>93770042
Spectacular Spiderman
>>
>>93770548
I'm not outrage over the joke, I just think they ruined by showing the exact same scene they're referencing.
>get it! Like Ferris Buller's day off!
>>
File: drax after bendis rape.png (81KB, 273x158px) Image search: [Google]
drax after bendis rape.png
81KB, 273x158px
>>93768915
Lets make Storm white in the next X-men movie in order to piss off racist fans.
>>
>>93770313
>I doubt you even knew who the real life counterpart was.
Only a complete faggot (like you) wouldn't know about Peter Lorre.
>>
>>93770620
>It wasn't even a statement by the movie or writers

given how everywhere that isn't some crazy neo-nazi kkk outlet has an SJW slant nowadays how am I supposed to know this?
>>
>>93770660
>>93770345
>>
>>93770673
Because in the second half of my post, I state the actual intent of script's purposes for why one person of the group had to be on the ground.

Spiderman didn't know his friends were in the elevator at the time, someone needed to tell him. So they figured out a silly way to have one person stay on the ground who would still fit her personality of being "that person".
>>
>>93770620
She was fucking useless Peter was talking with Liz and Ned on the phone. She needs to be edited out on the home release.
>>
>>93770657

I wouldn't be mad at that, she already a mutant = minority.
>>
>>93770651
It was barely a reference without the music, though. If anything, they should've had the music, but then that would've been dumb and more out of place than someone watching the movie.
>>
>>93770702
they could just have easily given her a fear of heights.

Now everybody who sees this movie will actually believe her and think the Washington Monument was built by slaves.
>>
>>93770711
Did Ned say he was in the monument at the time? I honestly don't remember the exact conversation, just that at a certain point, Ned would not pick up the phone and couldn't get a hold of him.
>>
>>93770702
>>93770711
>>
>>93770213
So when you were a kid you never watched any 30 year old movies? Not once?
>>
>>93770735
But that's not "funny", anon. I know you didn't find the joke funny, as well as the response of the black security guard making the hand motion, but the type of people who watch these movies do. And that is who the writers are writing these jokes for.
>>
>>93770747
yes
>>
>>93770765
I did, but that doesn't mean I watched every single one. I didn't know what Soylent Green was until my 20's, even though that's "super mega popular".
>>
>>93770735
It was a joke, don't be so easily offended
>>
>>93770620
Sure buddy, it wasn't a statement. They just thought America would enjoy a gag where an educator is explained he's wrong about slavery by a pair of disgruntled minorities. I really enjoyed when he got served for trying to talk down someone's disgust to stand on American soil. It was simply written to an audience but it 'didn't mean anything'.
>>
>>93770747
I forgot to add yes that's why he ran straight to the monument and not the place where the meet was.
>>
File: 1499707674610.jpg (34KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
1499707674610.jpg
34KB, 1000x565px
>Stark tech suit
>hacked by 15 year old fat asian kid

Plothole?
>>
>>93770815
Woah pal, calm down with the /pol/jection there, you'll make yourself dizzy. The teacher and black guard both made dumb SNL expressions. If you think it was any serious statement in any way, then it really must be sad being you.
>>
>>93770787
>I didn't know what Soylent Green was until my 20's

How the fuck do you not know that Soylent Green is people when that's the whole thing people always shouted? It's literally the entire reference. Do you live in some third-world shithole where nobody ever brought up soylent green? Or do you mean that you didn't know where the reference came from? Because that means fucking nothing.
>>
>>93770881
you can literally search about it on media outlets and they refer to the MJ character as "woke"
>>
>>93770877
It's like kids jailbreaking their phones. They were just lucky that not-Ganke didn't brick the suit.
>>
>>93770787
So why are you so butthurt over the suggestion that kids today have watched movies from the 80s?
>>
File: Sad hen.jpg (40KB, 478x338px) Image search: [Google]
Sad hen.jpg
40KB, 478x338px
>>93770735
>Now everybody who sees this movie will actually believe her and think the Washington Monument was built by slaves.
Black people will believe everything and anything that helps the kangz narrative, even if it's outright lies.

And now they'll tell each other to go see Spiderman because it's "woke", as one review site put it.
It has never been easier to part a sucker from their money than it is in the year 2017. All you need is racebaiting and a little manufactured controversy.
>>
>>93770881
Careless statements are best left for fake news CiaNN
>>
>>93769110
It's called being loyal to the comics, and the character.

I bet my left nut that if Spider-Man had blonde hair, or Superman were Chinese, people would bitch just as much.

People were already bitching about the fact that the Raimi movies had organic webbing.
>>
File: 1496796859781.png (420KB, 780x718px) Image search: [Google]
1496796859781.png
420KB, 780x718px
>>93770180
>>
>>93770996
organic webbing is better
>>
File: two guns.jpg (121KB, 628x451px) Image search: [Google]
two guns.jpg
121KB, 628x451px
>>93770261
>keeping a character true to their classic representation is pandering now
>>
This does not suits the SJW narrative that Blacks are supreme being yet white women are the best breeding material?
>>
For everyone saying that they're not being screeching retards, sure seems to be a lot of screeching retards in here
>>
>>93770929
Because it's the implication that they ALL do. Like this shithead right here:
>>93770890
One person hasn't seen the movie or didn't get the reference, "What are you?? Some kind of third-world faggot?".
>>
>>93770341
So... Miles Morales?
As a sidenote, you don't get to be mad that people call you "black spider-man" when there is 1) already an established spider-man 2) you're black and 3) you're fucking suit is also black.
If the whiny crybaby doesn't like it so much just change his super-hero name to something else.
>>
>>93770907
>>93770956
>"woke"
If Trump being elected wasn't enough to tell you that SJW doesn't sell, is a very small minority with a loud megaphone, most people are sick of that shit, and the only ones who talk like that are ones trying to get clicks, views, or likes, then I don't know what else could possibly happen in your world to tell you stuff like that is failed marketing stunts, not actual opinions.
>>
>>93771058
black men+white women and black women+white men is the true combo
>>
>>93768858
How does Marvel, being owned by the Money Generating Goliath that is Disney, keep making so many stupid decisions?
>>
>>93771108
a small minority who seem to have a huge grip on the media and the entertainment industry and cosmopolitan areas.
>>
>>93771111
Why do you think so many black men don't want to date black women anymore?
>>
>>93771069
I can guarantee that all kids today have watched movies from the 80s. Most should at least know what Ferris Bueller is even if they haven't seen it. If some kids don't get it, so what? It's moronic to explain the joke.

You think you're an expert on all children because you know one, it's unbelievably retarded.
>>
>>93771069
>or didn't get the reference
Get what? The entire reference is "Soylent Green is people!", how in the hell do you not know what Soylent Green is just based off of that? How did you even realise that you didn't know it, did you have some weird friend asking you "do you know what Soylent Green is?" and then you couldn't answer him?

If what you were really saying is that you didn't know what movie that's from then that's beside the point, because you could still recognise a pop-culture reference just from how often it's repeated. Just as a kid could recognise that a cartoon was referencing Peter Lorre without having seen all of his movies.
>>
>>93771141
Yes, media that people have been trusting less and less now. Even their own followers.
>>
>>93771183
Cuz dey wuz kangz, and kangz deserve better than some ghetto ho?
>>
>>93771225
the problem here is it's still making its way into the media en masse. As you can see with the whole "woke" character.
>>
>>93771209
>You think you're an expert on all children because you know one, it's unbelievably retarded.
You're right, I should have better arguments like assumptions that people should know this because of reasons like, "Of course they should know it, God!".

This post is so stupid I'm not even going to give it a You.
>>
File: 5457-280947514.jpg (30KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
5457-280947514.jpg
30KB, 634x476px
>Ghost In The Shell protagonist, who is Japanese, is made white for no reason
>"Lol why are SJWs so sensitive? It's no big deal, it's just a movie"
>Eye candy side character in Spiderman, who is white, is made biracial for no reason
>"This is an outrage! Pandering! White genocide!"
Hmm.
>>
>>93771301
> because of reasons like, "Of course they should know it, God!".
That's never been the argument, you retard. The argument is that it's a part of pop-culture that 90% of people know because that's what makes it pop-culture. We're not arguing that all kids know the name of the bus-driver in Ferris Bueller or some other esoteric knowledge like that, just the bits that are famous and has been referenced countless times. Beyond that the argument was also that doing the reference and then making sure everyone got it by explaining the reference is bad film-making, just as when you explain your joke to make sure everyone understood it.

>This post is so stupid I'm not even going to give it a You.
How fucking sad can one person be.
>>
>>93771397
If you saw the movie you'd know that she still is Japanese.

Besides, she didn't go around spewing "woke" leftist garbage out of her mouth at all times.
>>
>>93771397
Everyone complained about that and the movie bombed you dumb fucking shitgobbler.
Find a rope, google how to tie a noose and then hang yourself from the ceiling until you stop breathing.
>>
>>93771141
Just come out and say jews anon.
>>
>>93771183
>Why do you think so many black men don't want to date black women anymore?

Black women are abusive and kind of sexist
>>
>>93769432
>secret

it is jones you dumb FU K
>>
>>93771397
When did they put Mary Jane's brain in a disgusting brown body in the movie.
>>
>>93771435
They literally changed the plot as a way to get around the backlash. If no one had complained, they would've left it as-is.

>>93771455
Not everyone. There were still people who insisted it was okay because "Scarlett Johanssen is just the best actress!" and only SJWs should care. Look at the threads/opinion pieces/YouTube videos made about it before it came out, retard.
>>
>>93771301
>You're right, I should have better arguments like assumptions that people should know this because of reasons like, "Of course they should know it, God!".

But assuming that no kids have willingly watched 80s movies because "muh nephew" is somehow a good argument?
>>
>>93771435
>Besides, she didn't go around spewing "woke" leftist garbage out of her mouth at all times.
>at all times

I only recall the Washington Monument thing. Most of her character seemed to be her being comically rebellious and hints that she likes Peter.

>>93771455
>getting this mad over a 4chan post
>>
>>93769246
Mary Jane didn't meet high school Peter though.
>>
Liz Allen is black AND the vultures daughter! Fucking marlel, amirite fellow 'pedes? Praise kek and deus vult brothers!
>>
>>93771108

Trump lost by three million votes, the Republicans won because they're smart as fuck at gaming the system, not because 95 percent of Americans are sick of SJW shit.

Yes, I realize that 50 percent of Americans are sick of SJW shit. But there are still a lot of Americans who aren't, and if the middle and working classes hadn't taken a beating over the last 10 years, there'd be a lot more Americans who wouldn't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>93770106
They never actually meet until Peter is in college though, which is from where the whole "You just hit the jackpot!" scene comes from - her big reveal.
>>
>>93770526
Please, show me some examples of MCU characters that share identical nicknames or have identical initials.

Oh wait. It has never happened before. It won't start here.
>>
>>93771659
So thank god for the electoral college system, so NYC and San Francisco doesn't get to decide what 90% of the rest of the country has to do.
>>
>>93771397
>made white for no reason
The reason was "ScarJo will bring more people to the theater than a literal who Japanese-American" Zendaya isn't even ScarJo level (which turned out to be not as high as they thought it was)
>>
>>93771769
It's actually NYC and LA. LA is the second largest city in the US with 3 million, SanFran has less than a mil.
>>
>>93771769
>thank god for the EC for ignorong 3 million votes
How is that a good thing tho? If you're ignoring 3 million votes than something os obviously broken here.
I
>>
>>93771818
Point still stands.
>>
The Washington Monument was absolutely not built by slaves so if you think about it it's probably a fairly meta-joke about how unfounded and devoid of merit modern black grievance is

Nu-MJ being a characteristically clueless #BLM slacktivist is actually quite funny, I hope they continue it as a running joke in the sequels (maybe something about the wage gap? lmao)

>>93770996
>organic webbing is better
This^
>>
>>93771777
Another example of the SJW's not putting their money where their mouth is.
>>
>>93771875
Muh daddy trump
>>
>>93769869
It seemed more to me like he didn't really consider what it would mean to be an Avenger until Tony talked about him moving into the facility.
>>
>>93771875
You mean like how the DNC ignored all those votes in the primary to force an unlikable she-devil as their candidate?
>>
>>93771875
It's about the State rights we have 50 of them and they all have their own boarders
>>
>>93771555
It's way less retarded when you actually use a kid as an example than just assume all kids do. Especially when one of the responses is, "Do you know kids?" and you go yes, then immediately say, "Well he doesn't count!".

Quit moving your fucking goalposts around.

>>93771416
You realize how many fucking pop-culture references are out there? You think kids are aware of every single one of them? Ferris Buller isn't at the same level as the Matrix slow-mo or "Who you gonna call?". As far as pop culture references go, it's probably in the middle ground as being recognizable to kids. You think most kids would also get a Gremlins or Breakfast Club reference?

And there's already been a dozen posts telling you the joke would have been better if blank instead or that it was probably done for licensing whatever purposes, yet you're so fucking hellbent on insisting that this one moment somehow dragged down the entire comedy of the film, you're being literally autistic about it.

You didn't like the execution of the joke. But in a thread about MJ, why the fuck did you feel the need to spaz out about it?
>>
>>93771919
The DNC didn't ignore any votes, Clinton just had the most votes.
>>
Can the autists slapfighting about the Ferris Bueller reference please sit the fuck down?

They're making it harder to convey to the idiots denying that Zendaya = MJ that they're laughable and contemptible, our mockery's getting diluted w/ your vacuous noise (thanks in advance)
>>
>>93771769

So you're okay with a liberal Vermont hippie's vote counting three times more than a Bible reading, gun owning Texan's?
>>
>>93771949
It's a federal election tho.
>>
>>93770996
> side character
> important to the story
nah senpai. Next you're gonna tell me Valkyrie shouldnt be black because reasons!
>>
>>93772013
I've lived in Texas, so yeah actually.
>>
>>93768922
Did someone cast the gorilla from Filmation's Ghostbusters in the all-girl reboot?
>>
>>93772014
and each state has reps that make the government.
>>
File: 3ce.png (307KB, 416x512px) Image search: [Google]
3ce.png
307KB, 416x512px
>>93768915
>watched the movie yesterday.
>all she did was be a quip machine.
>Personality of an smug edgy teen.
>lol so random.
I had no problem with any other of the classmates peter had except her and then when the movie is ending.
>"They call me MJ"
>MFW

This is a fucking self insert isint it ?
>>
>>93771957
>hellbent on insisting that this one moment somehow dragged down the entire comedy of the film

No-one's doing this. They're all saying that it dragged down the scene where it happened. Which it did.
>>
>>93772082
Wrong.
>>
Losing elections tends to make the winners super arrogant and make the losers super pissed. What happened in 2008 after Democrats got Obama and a Senate supermajority along with control of Congress? All the SJWs came out of the woodwork because they thought Democratic governance would never end. And then in 2010 Republicans bitch slapped them.

These things are cyclical. They are ALWAYS cyclical. Even if Republicans keep winning for the next 20 years, eventually libs will wise up, run the next FDR, and smash conservatism to ribbons.
>>
Lmao @ the poor pleb forced to pretend JGL wasn't Robin just because it shits mightily down the throat of his argument

Gotta love shills
>>
>>93772117
The credits has special thanks to BM Bendis so its probably his fucking mutt children. like Riri
>>
File: 1498868547151.png (40KB, 280x281px) Image search: [Google]
1498868547151.png
40KB, 280x281px
>>93771111
Quads of truth

Anyways, I'm legit mad about the monument. It's one thing to paint a character as a radical she. That can be fun. Look at boondocks. It's another to have the fucker that works at the monument say what she said was true. Only maybe did slaves work in some of the quarries that supplied a small portion of the monument, and only for a time since it finished construction after the civil war. Fuck you writers
>>
>>93772189
Radical sjw. Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>93772141
liberals won't exist in 20 years. they won't get a trump that saves their party by calling them on their shit, their oppression olympics won't allow it.
>>
>>93772170
He was A Robin. Bitching about him not showing up at a circus or whichever origin you prefer makes as much sense as bitching about this MJ totally being the same as OG MJ despite nothing aligning and the writers even saying it was just a joke, just so you can further bitch about how they ruined the OG character.
>>
>>93772189
Nah, see the post above about how it's a clever in-joke about how sad and empty modern black grievance is

That's actually a pretty great concept for a character
>>
>>93772241
I was around in 2002 and 2004 when Republicans were acting as though they'd have the legislative and executive branches forever. 2006 put a stop to that.
>>
>>93771777
>The reason was "ScarJo will bring more people to the theater than a literal who Japanese-American"
They could've made ScarJo a supporting character. Regardless, they still failed, which means they changed a character's race for no reason and rejected actors who would actually fit that character's role. Why are/were you not similarly angry about that?
Also, in Zendaya's case, capeshit sells no matter what, and teenagers in the current year like Zendaya a hell of a lot more than Scarlett Johanssen. Which, of course, means you have more reason to be okay with Spiderman now.
>>
>>93769792
>>93768915

gingerism is the only acceptable form of racism in our hypocrite "tolerant" society
but since its not "mainstream" nobody gives a shit
>>
>>93769850
Look at that sly old bag, she's literally FEEDING off the schadenfreude on this page.
>>
File: 1348478094643.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1348478094643.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>93768858
>There's nice chemistry there
fucking where? the most they talked is at the end
>>
>>93772248
Lmao who's this retard that can't even follow his own argument for a single sentence?

This is OBVIOUSLY the MJ of the MCU, you'd have to be clownishly, mesmerizingly impaired to pretend otherwise... they stopped the movie to literally spell it out for you and you're plugging your ears? Hahahaha hahaha I love it
>>
>>93768858
Fucking they're just distracting you from the fact that all of phase 1 happens in 2010 apparently.
>>
>>93772294
"Cameo from big name actor" isn't the draw that "starring" is.
>>
>>93770881
Dude, it's not wrong or crazy, I'm not even saying they shouldn't have put it in the movie. But it's a damn fact that they decided to put a minority protester in the movie and all of her lines are burns. It's not evil or fucked up or propaganda, but it's there and it you shouldn't be so blind not to recognize when someone writes a protestor into their movie, and makes a gag out of her disgust for D.C. monuments.
>>
>>93768915

I'm latin and even I thought that was a bullshit asspull.
>>
>>93770261
You're right, that is pandering,It's pandering to Spider-man fans which is exactly what a good adaption should do
>>
>>93772383
>Hahahaha hahaha I love it

reddit pls go.
>>
have you guys realized yet that MCU is not fucking close to being fully accurate to the conivs and there are of course going to be deviations in characters and plotlines because its a loose adaptation in a seperate universe
>>
>>93771484
Yeah, and black men like the easy to get, malleable white women. Can't wait for everyone to be brown at one point.
>>
>>93771018
I don't disagree tho, it's just that people bitch
>>93772016
You mean an ancient norse character shouldn't be white? Man, now that's just stupid.

Also
>senpai
Lol, go back to the YouTube comment section
>>
>>93772418
fuck dude, Hulk ironman 2 thor and The first avenger happen in the same weekend.
>>
>>93772426
Zendaya's character (MJ, contrary to some astoundingly stupid dorks who can't admit it) is the butt of the jokes though, not the ~ factually not built by slaves ~ Washington Monument

She openly professes that she has no friends, she's alone and depressed with no date to the dance, she's a huge loser and they aren't even a little shy about showing it lol
>>
>>93772523
Well I know that, but then Vision says "8 years" in Civil War.

Marvel needs to fucking make a statement, who fucking cares about sarcastic bitch.

I hate being such a continuity faggot that the "8 years later" thing fucked with me so hard I had to watch the movie two more times so it could stop distracting me.
>>
>>93772493
>an ancient norse character
shes not real so why not
>>
>>93772493
Senpai's from the word filter, that anon likely typed senpai(ily)
>>
>>93772424
That's why you mislead the audience by featuring as much of the big name actor in the trailer as possible. This has been done tons of times.
>>
File: Benis Barker.png (1MB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Benis Barker.png
1MB, 1400x700px
>Lug ids Benis Barker :DDDD
>>
>>93772558
It's true. They played her both ways, which was a good choice. Again, I'm not saying it was wrong to have this character or that she was bad, but yeah they decided to write in a minority protestor as the girlfriend bait.
>>
>>93772631
Even then what role could she possibly have? GiTS is the Major and Batou, none of the other characters are as important.
>>
>>93772693
>none of the other characters are as important
Tachikomas are more important than Major and Batou.
>>
>>93772634
Ignoring the fact that two red dot Indians named their kid Flash, who the fuck names their kid Flash?

And was that joke about him being the fastest a dig at DC?
>>
Zendaya being MJ and it being received badly enough that they have to damage control it is acting nicely as a smokescreen for how bad a character Liz was

Super smart overachiever who is also mega-popular and cartoonishly nice but doesn't have a date to the dance the night before even though she planned the whole thing? Really killed the whole 'real high school' vibe they were trying for with Flash and Ned and MJ. Lazy af
>>
>>93772582
well so far CW and SPH both have 8 years yada yada in them so something with one of the past movies. because this one is two months after.
>>
>>93772788
He named his son after his car, were you even paying attention?

BAKA
>>
File: thisisfine.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
thisisfine.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>340 replies
>90 IP's
>This is a big deal to people
>>
>>93768858

You made this bed, Feige. Now lay in it. I've usually stuck by your decisions before, but everyone was screaming from the start not to give Sony and/or Pascal a single inch or they'd walk all over you and make it look like your fault.

Fix this.
>>
>>93772582
Stop being autistic.
>>
File: Gzeoxks.gif (1MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
Gzeoxks.gif
1MB, 389x292px
>>93772936
>>
>>93772901
Don't worry. After Jumanji 2 and Dark Tower, Sony will have no more money left in their film department.
>>
>>93768858
Everyone who cares about this one way or another is a virgin
>>
>>93772797
>but doesn't have a date to the dance the night before even though she planned the whole thing
>implying that wasn't just something she said to Peter

Nigga it was obvious she was into Peter from the start. She was waiting for him to catch on and fucking ask her, but she couldn't just come out and say that she'd turned people down waiting for him to nut up because that's too needy.

Also in a school filled with kids who get great grades the popular kid is going to be one of the smart ones.
>>
>>93771659
>the Republicans won because they're smart as fuck at gaming the system
the Republicans were bailing on Trump and starting to make deals with Clinton until he won.
>>
>>93771397
Fuck off, SJW scum.
>>
>>93771225
>Even their own followers.
Are you crazy? After the "fake news" meme that Trump started, liberals love and believe in corporate media now more than ever. Not a day goes by without them talking about how attacking the "free media" is what dictators do, even though the CEOs of said media are richer and more powerful than any POTUS could ever be.
>>
>>93772998

I was amazed they had any left after that fucking Ghostbusters fiasco (especially more was put into marketing the thing than making it).

Guess that's why they had to come crawling to Marvel.
>>
>>93773150
Is there a place where I can check how a movie is doing on ticket sales? Because if I think if Homecoming doesn't do a billion, they're seriously fucked.
>>
>>93773075
>everyone who calls me out on my hypocrisy is an SJW!
Must be nice living in that echo chamber/safe space.
>>
>>93772693
They could be creative. It's not unheard of for Hollywood to make up their own character for the sake of a movie and show some artistic liberty.
>>
>>93773019
LMAO she didn't even invite him to her party until Flash mentioned it, leave the Damage Control to SHIELD, buddy
>>
>>93773191
Box Office Mojo and The Numbers are the go-to sites.
>>
>>93772901
They just won't call her MJ ever again in the sequel, is an easy fix, since she's not really "MJ" aftera all
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 228x239px
>>93771435
>>93771455
>>93771507
>>93771777
>>93773075
>>
>>93773415
Major in almost literally all her depictions but like two are white in appearance. Even the japs said the same thing and that they were more preferring her movie appearance. KYS, shit flinging faggot .
>>
>>93773573
Except she's Japanese, living in Japan, and is using an android body that was mass produced to look like any average person to avoid being conspicuous.
The average person in Japan is not white. Anime characters, unless otherwise stated, are to be read as Japanese, not white.
>>
>>93773631
Nigger, I don't give a fuck. This depiction of the character is drawn white and she was depicted as white. The japs were fine with it. You don't get to fling shit when the people at fault by a vast fucking majority are okay with it. Promptly KYS.
>>
>>93773631
>Except she's Japanese
She literally isn't, for the record. She even talks about how she feels no connection to Japan what so ever in the manga, you filthy fucking SJW casual.

Also, for the record, she regularly switches body. She isn't even consistently female.
>>
>>93773685
>This depiction of the character is drawn white
Except, you know, it's not. You're seriously retarded if you think anime characters are drawn white.
>The japs were fine with it.
And? It's not like they watched it or cared. The movie wasn't made by Japanese people.
>You don't get to fling shit
Who's flinging shit? All anyone has done is point out the truth that triggers you so badly.
>>
>>93773332
You think she invited everyone who went to that party personally? It was a huge "guys we're having a party tell everyone" party, she just invited Peter at that point because it was clear he wouldn't show up if she didn't. If she didn't care about Peter her first instinct on him hearing about the party wouldn't be to invite him with coy eyes and shit, and then immediately greet and complement them when they showed up at her party. She would have just done a "oh you came".
>>
>>93769858
>it was the fact that they were raised together, and she acts like *he's* the weird one for being a little uncomfortable with that.
This
>>
>>93773806
>You're seriously retarded if you think anime characters are drawn white.
And I guess you're fucking blind.
>And? It's not like they watched it or cared.
NOBODY FUCKING WATCHED OR CARED.
>>
Michelle Jones lol
>>
>>93773747
>She literally isn't
"This black-haired character named "Motoko Katsuragi" who lives in Japan and is masquerading as the average person there to avoid excessive attention literally isn't Japanese". This is what you are saying.
>She even talks about how she feels no connection to Japan what so ever in the manga
[citation needed]
Regardless, that doesn't change her origin. Feelings of isolation from one's culture don't negate what that person actually is. Otherwise, all white American weebs are to be considered Japanese and depicted as such whenever possible.
>she regularly switches body. She isn't even consistently female.
That clearly wasn't the case with the movie until they shoehorned it in after the backlash.
>>
>>93769311
asian men are the biggest cuck ever
>>
>>93773806
>You're seriously retarded if you think anime characters are drawn white.
When it comes to cartoony characters, people fill in the blanks themselves. White people see white, Japanese people see Japanese. You'd have similar disputes among brown folks with a brown cartoon character.
>>
File: 1490237216370.png (2MB, 2180x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1490237216370.png
2MB, 2180x1110px
>>93773856
>Anime characters are white!
Okay.
>>
>>93769294
Well what's your reason to have her be black? Why couldn't she be played by a ginger white woman?
Preferably someone who is old enough to be legal but look young enough to be considered jailbait
>>
>>93773989
If the character has a Japanese name, was made by Japanese people, and the story is set in Japan and/or made with a Japanese audience primarily in mind, it's pretty safe to say they're Japanese.
In much the same way, if a character has a white name, was made by white people, and the story is set in a white country and/or made with a white audience primarily in mind, it's pretty safe to say they're white.
It's really not as ambiguous as you think. The average anime character is not white because they usually fit the first description. I think it's just that gaijin self-insert too much, to the point of mistaking that self-insertion for reality. It's near-delusional.
>>
>>93773992
Is right gay? :3. He looks cute
>>
>>93774020
Maybe it's because Zendaya is a well-known, young, popular actress in 2017, as opposed to some ginger literally-who or train wreck like Bella Thorne.
>>
File: 7959465.jpg (92KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
7959465.jpg
92KB, 600x586px
>>93773992
This is fucking hysterical. As opposed to, oh I don't know, niggers or spics for an example? This place is really fucking tumblr, isn't it? So which are you, eh? A spic? A nigger? Just a general white guilt Cuckold SJW? Just want to be PC, you know? I'm sure you understand.
>>
>>93773128

>After the "fake news" meme that Trump started

Didn't he appropriate it from the media, who are the actual ones that started it?
>>
>>93774214
>As opposed to, oh I don't know, niggers or spics for an example?
...What the fuck? Anime characters are obviously Asian, specifically Japanese.
Did you just not know Asian people exist? Do you think there are only three races in the world? White, black and Hispanic?
>anon self-destructs into a puddle of buzzwords and racism and screeches about PC cuckoldry tumblr SJWs after getting BTFO too many times
Pitiful.
>>
File: Mary_Jane_Watson.png (291KB, 572x658px) Image search: [Google]
Mary_Jane_Watson.png
291KB, 572x658px
>>93768858
backlash against the mulatto

good i am happy
>>
File: 1499545361161.jpg (306KB, 980x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499545361161.jpg
306KB, 980x1200px
>>93774214
>tfw you turn racist after being told you're not an anime character
>>
>>93769850
>betty_and_veronica_meet_cheryl_blossom.jpeg
>>
File: I are the niggerest.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I are the niggerest.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>93774280
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. She's drawn white, depicted as white, said to be white by the japs and you're the one going on about how she isn't white. Anime characters are almost universally drawn white because almost all slants look that same and because it's a sin over there to stick out. That's not a new thing that's been apart of them for literally hundreds of years. Actually I think there are two races. Asians and whites. The rest are subhumans.
>>93774355
We can do this literally all day. I have all day. I love it.
>>
>>93771397

Ghost in the Shell was a fun movie with a good cyberpunk vibe. The only problem is that it wasn't Ghost in the Shell at all and the ending and plot sucked.

They better tried the next time a GITS in USA, at least it couldn't be worse than this movie.
>>
File: 1470173825184.png (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470173825184.png
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>93772853
>>
>>93774407
>She's drawn white,
But she's not.
>depicted as white,
She's not, and she can't be for the sake of canon (ie: her body is not meant to draw attention)
>said to be white by the japs
This literally never happened.
>Anime characters are almost universally drawn white because almost all slants look that same
[citation needed]
Anime characters are Japanese. When they're white, they're drawn with lines under their eyes and big noses. Deal with it.
>>
>>93774473
>>
>>93774407
>anime characters
>white
Kek
>>
>>93774473
>But she's not.
She literally is.
>She's not
She literally is.
> (ie: her body is not meant to draw attention)
Then perhaps they should draw her as a fucking jap along with literally everyone else in that show who is very clearly white.
>This literally never happened.
https://youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc
>[citation needed]
Literally almost any anime.

Let's post faster I have an erection.
>>93774617
>Another faggot
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>93774499
This is literally how nips think whites look, in the sphere of anime.
>>
>>93774653
>Then perhaps they should draw her as a fucking jap
They do, you're just too stupid to see it.
When Japanese people make live-action versions of anime, they always pick Japanese actors. There are a shitload of white weebs who would jump at the chance to portray anime characters, but they still choose Japanese people because those characters are primarily Japanese. Sorry I triggered you.
Oh, and one bullshit YouTube video doesn't reflect much.
>>
>>93770620
She didn't trust their work.
She is racist.
>>
>>93774727
And most of the time they're inaccurate depictions. Like the FMA anime they're doing in which they're very explicitly germanic but depicted as being japs.
>Oh, and one bullshit YouTube video doesn't reflect much.
Oh come on, baby, give me more than that. You're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>93774819
They still see those characters as Japanese (because that's how they're drawn), so they pick Japanese actors.
>Y-Y-You're not even trying
I'm not the one who thinks videos of selected people saying specific things are evidence of how everyone in real life feels.
>>
>>93774917
Aw you're beautiful.
>(because that's how they're drawn)
No, in almost literally every case they're not. Oh come on. You know you're being retarded, right? Just taking the piss? I won't blame you. People get bored sometimes. I just cannot imagine living in the fucked up world you're in. There is no way in hell that if I showed you a picture of anime without you know what it was from that you'd say that. You're just being a faggot and you know it. I mean, really.
>>
>>93774142
>In much the same way, if a character has a white name, was made by white people, and the story is set in a white country and/or made with a white audience primarily in mind, it's pretty safe to say they're white.
Funny thing is that a lot of people over the years have mistaken Jubilee for white when she's not drawn with incredibly Asian eyes. Jim Lee, despite being Asian himself, drew her in a way that could be mistaken for white.
>>
>>93773924
>"This black-haired character named "Motoko Katsuragi" who lives in Japan and is masquerading as the average person there to avoid excessive attention literally isn't Japanese". This is what you are saying.

Ok, lets break this down you fucking moron...

>This black-haired character
Yeah, she has black hair -sometimes-. She also has red and blue hair. Depending on what body she is.

Hell, sometimes she's bald. Sometimes she even has a dick. As she switches bodies on the regular. At one point she was a black dude. Why aren't you ranting and raving that the Major isn't played by black guy?

>named "Motoko Katsuragi"
Which was name assigned to her by Section9 and roughly translates to "Electric Sword", symbolizing that she's their mechanical weapon.

>who lives in Japan
Yeah, in the fictional place called New City. You won't find that anywhere on a map.

>and is masquerading as the average person
She literally is not. Pretty much her whole existence is Section9 work. That's the entire point of the story you dense piece of shit. She's trying to understand what it means to be HUMAN, when her body is 98% artificial.

The entire story is about how race, gender, sexuality and other superficial stuff like that is utterly irrelevant and is an exploration of what it means to be HUMAN in a cyberpunk world where you can have nearly all of your body be mechanical.

Anyone who pulls the "Wah! She needs to be Japanese!" bullshit is just some idiotic SJW and has literally missed the entire message of Ghost In The Shell.
>>
>>93775016
>no argument
>H-H-Heh, you can't be serious! You're just a faggot! I mean really! I-I-I'm not mad at all!
You will never be anime. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>93775150
You've ignored every argument I've made. It's fine, Anonymous. You're a butthurt cuckold. We get it. Move on.
>>
File: GITS.jpg (142KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GITS.jpg
142KB, 780x1200px
>>93773924
>That clearly wasn't the case with the movie until they shoehorned it in after the backlash.
Confirmed for having never actually watched any piece of GITS or read any of the manga.
>>
>>93775085
>Yeah, in the fictional place called New City. You won't find that anywhere on a map.
Which is still set in Japan. You won't find Beach City from Steven Universe anywhere on a map, but that doesn't mean it's not in America.
>Why aren't you ranting and raving that the Major isn't played by black guy?
Because she's usually depicted as a Japanese woman by default.
>Which was name assigned to her by Section9 and roughly translates to "Electric Sword", symbolizing that she's their mechanical weapon.
Translates from...what language? Yes. Japanese. Because she is in Japan. This anime is Japanese. This character is Japanese.
>She literally is not.
>Motoko Kusanagi's body was designed by Masamune Shirow to be a mass production model so she would not be conspicuous. Her electrical and mechanical system within is special and features parts unavailable on the civilian market. Shirow intentionally chose this appearance so Motoko would not be harvested for those parts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoko_Kusanagi#Conception_and_creation
You literally exposed that you know nothing about the character with that one line, in spite of your inane rant. Good job.
>>
>>93775219
I acknowledged every point, and you devolved into a puddle of racial epithets because you had nothing left to say.
You can keep trying, but it won't heal your bruised anus.
>>
>>93775224
Who's confirmed for that? The director of the movie? If so, yes.
>>
Stop fucking biting holy shit. Do you guys remember 'Don't feed the trolls'? What the fuck happened to that?
>>
>>93775276
>Steven Universe
Oh, you're one of those faggots.

>Because she's usually depicted as a Japanese woman by default.
By default? Read the fucking manga, dipshit. She has no consistent appearance. This is true in the animes as well. She looks completely different in literally every chapter of the story.

>Translates from...what language? Yes. Japanese. Because she is in Japan.
Yeah, its written by a Japanese dude. This means literally nothing.

>You literally exposed that you know nothing about the character with that one line, in spite of your inane rant. Good job.
Ironic that you have to wiki articles, troglodyte. See here: >>93775224 She isn't isolated to a single body.
>>
>>93775359
>Who's confirmed for that?
You. Go back to reading those wikipedia articles, casual scum.
>>
>>93775306
I called you a nigger because it's either that or you're blind. You can stick your head in the sand as long as you like but it's not gonna change it. My ass is happy and content with a big 'ol dick in. This shit gets me off because it is baffling just how fucking retarded you are and how far you will go to deny something that is fucking crystal clear. If they were any other race but white people be fucking fine with it. Throw something at me. I am giddy with excitement.
>>
>>93775379
>Yeah, its written by a Japanese dude. This means literally nothing.
And the story is set in Japan. The character is meant to be Japanese. Live with this reality.
>She has no consistent appearance. This is true in the animes as well. She looks completely different in literally every chapter of the story.
"No consistent appearance"? Really? Absolutely none? Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>Ironic that you have to wiki articles
I already pointed out that fact long ago, but you ignored it to type paragraphs of bullshit to hide from the fact that casting ScarJo was a mistake. I was simply providing a source.
>She isn't isolated to a single body.
And yet, the most prominent ones used to portray her look like pic related, not some black guy.
>>
>>93768858

They never said Michelle was Mary Jane.
Michelle is just their own different character meant to be the "weird" kid for their Highschool kid group.

They just thought it would be funny if they had the same initials and pretty much did the MJ scene to tease the audience.
>>
>>93775409
>My ass is happy and content with a big 'ol dick in.
That's all you needed to say.
>>
>>93774189
I'd take Bella Thorne over zendaya any day. Sure, she's a trainwreck, but she cleans up nicely and would look a lot closer.
>>
>>93775526
And the story is set in Japan. The character is meant to be Japanese. Live with this reality.
Yeah, its not like there have ever been anyone but Japanese people in Japan, before, right? Why would anyone think that?
>>
>>93775560
Zendaya is just a better actress for the job.
>>
>>93775555
Here I thought you lettuce, bacon, and tomato faggots were accepting. Oh, I forgot. Not for whites or gays who don't put up with bullshit and especially not if they're both those things.
>>
>>93773400

Someone in another thread last night suggested having "Face It Tiger" as a credits stinger in a future movie with Mary Jane prime and Michelle never being called MJ again, whole thing is swept under the rug and never spoken of agan.
>>
>>93775621
>I didn't read the manga or watch any seasons of the anime
>>
>>93775526
>hide from the fact that casting ScarJo was a mistake

I never said I supported ScarJo. But I also don't think it needs to be a Japanese actress. And apparently Japan agrees with me, too. You are aware that the movie was almost entirely funded by asian companies, right?

>b-b-but Japan hates it too!
Yeah, what ever you need to keep White Knighting for a culture you likely aren't even apart of.
>>
>>93775664
You didn't. Its pretty painfully obvious.
>>
>>93775631
Hey, you're the one who admitted to having a dick in his ass, not me.
>>
>>93775653
This would get me in the theater.
>>
>>93768858
GOOD.

MAKE THEM KILL HER OFF AND BRING THE REAL MARY JEAN TO MCU !!

btw FELICIA x PETER true OTP
>>
>>93768915
fuck off bitch
>>
>>93775673
>And apparently Japan agrees with me, too. You are aware that the movie was almost entirely funded by asian companies, right?
For the sake of money, not because they necessarily agree or care who the lead actors/actresses are. Otherwise, they would've hand-picked them themselves.
By that logic, America agrees with MJ being a biracial girl because the movie is almost entirely funded by murrikan companies.
>>b-b-but Japan hates it too!
Nice strawman.
>>
>>93775406
>providing a source to back up your own already-established claims makes you casual scum
The grasping is strong.
>>
>>93769183
The important thing is that MCU Gwen and Mary Jean will be BTFO by Felicia.
>>
>>93775798
>America agrees with MJ being a biracial girl because the movie is almost entirely funded by murrikan companies.
Sony and Disney certainly does.
>>
>>93775707
Except I did, and that's why I'm still here. The fact that your only response to the fact that the character is described as Japanese and depicted in Japan and given a Japanese name is "W-Well there's foreigners in Japan too sometimes!" is pretty telling.
>>
>>93770573
it was
>>
>>93775850
They'll make Felicia or Silver Sable black too. Maybe even both. I can see Sony making an Eastern European black.
>>
>>93769557
fuck off with that negress
>>
>>93775850
>Mary Jean
Kill yourself, casual.
>>
>>93775867
So, no one in this thread is actually American?
>>
>>93775888
So was her face! we should tear that down too!
>>
>>93775896
suck my asshole
>>
File: this fucker.jpg (19KB, 386x300px) Image search: [Google]
this fucker.jpg
19KB, 386x300px
>>93775882
Oh right, and Chibodee Crocket is Japanese, too, right? Japanese people only ever depict Japanese people, right?

Also, thanks for dismissing all of my other points, rather than actually address them. Must be hard having never actually watched or read any of the material.
>>
>>93770313
>I doubt you even knew who the real life counterpart was.

You gotta be pullin my dick.That's Sydney Greenstreet.
>>
>>93775920
I'm German and I don't give a shit about the whole thing.
I was gonna ask why anyone would ever be upset the least interesting character in the Spider-Man mythology is not there.
>>
>people hating on /pol/ when they should be hating on /a/ actively trying to kill their media.

Bunch of waifufags at /co/
>>
>>93775528
Some people had multiple years to meme, shitpost, and generally pretend that she was gonna be Mary Jane, so they're not giving up without a fight.
>>
>>93775992
"Chibodee Crocket" isn't a Japanese name, and he's literally Neo American, so no. Great false equivalence, though.
>all my other points
Where are all your other points? Direct me to your posts.
>Must be hard having never actually watched or read any of the material.
You would know, it's glaringly obvious you're just describing yourself but still want to jump into things.
>>
>>93776127
>Where are all your other points? Direct me to your posts.

Here: >>93775085
>>
>>93770996
>It's called being loyal to the comics, and the character.
yeah, just like comics are...
>>
>>93776170
I literally addressed everything you said here >>93775276, then you replied to >>93775526 only to focus on one thing with your own incredibly weak attempt at a point after you were proven wrong on literally every other front. I didn't dismiss shit.
>>
>my friends call me mj
>has no friends
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>93769126
I remember watching that scene and thinking "hey this reminds me if Ferris Bueller" then they shove it down my throat that it was a reference.
>>
>>93768915
They shoulda called her mary sue. She was an edgy stereotype of a know-it-all teen played straight like we were actually supposed to see her as smart, and then at the end of the movie everyone loves her, FOR NO REASON.

She's done nothing to endear anyone, and has only been an asshole, but at the end of the film everybody is hugging her.

Peter has dated all kinds, and the girl in this movie was fine as a love interest, this woman is such a shitty everything that I retch at the thought of her "character" getting any more screen time in any other movie. She was very clearly Pascal's idea, and it's fitting no one likes her. Her and the guatemallan shrimp faggot who thinks he's flash were the worst parts of this movie.
>>
>>93772853
Hello, yes, welcome, first things first you should know that Waifus are a pretty big deal around these parts. Have you seen the price of Mary Jane variant covers? She's kind of a major player in the Marvel Waifu market.
>>
File: tumblr_nlalfvUyXe1t5mfhlo1_400.jpg (19KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlalfvUyXe1t5mfhlo1_400.jpg
19KB, 300x100px
>>93775369
Times have changed
>>
>>93768915
this desu
people being mad about capshit is fun
>>
>>93769080
Except her being "MJ" means that we won't be getting an actual Mary Jane Watson.

>>93769110
No, but they are two defining characteristics. If they wanted to have him get a case of jungle fever they could have made her an entirely new character.
>>
>>93770048
Dude I'm 24 and half the faggots I saw deadpool with didn't recognize the reference. If you think kids are going to be better you're lying to yourself.
>>
>>93770152
Spider-Man 1-2 are nothing like Lee and Ditko. Did you hear someone call them campy and think: 'that means it's like the old comics!'?
>>
>>93769294
Because her parents are white trash, not hood niggers.

Now what does changing her race actually change? Why do it? You don't need a reason not to change something.
>>
>>93769330
>they just changed her name to Michelle and they cast a black girl to score diversity points
Fuck, they named her after Obama's wife, didn't they?
>>
>>93769209
I saw Ferris Bueller as a kid even though It was before my time
>>
>>93769502
What gets me is they didn't even cast a black girl with a rack.

That's the second thing about MJ's appearance behind the red hair. She always had a killer set of tits.

I know there are black actresses with nice tits. Why cast a chestlet?
>>
>>93769110
It's pandering and lazy, and while it's true to character that Peter dated around before he met Gwen or Mary, this woman is a very clear mary-sue.

His initial love interest was great for the story, and very true to the Parker character.
>>
>>93769550
MJ is also Mary Jane's nickname.
>>
The biggest troll here is people calling Zendaya ugly.
>>
>>93772303
>>
>>93769792
Gotta appease that 16% of that population.
>>
>>93769831
>which isn't MJ.a character, because she doesn't even have a character
>I'll take a mean black bitch over the most vanilla and boring spidey love interest on the planet. What about betty? what about chat? what about the midget? all of them are better than MJ.

>most vanilla love interest ever
>not gwen stacy
>>
>>93769850
>Unless you count the time she showed up and chatted with Aunt May in ASM #25 (since Peter graduated high school in #28 and all)
Why do people act like Peter being in highschool is "the" way? He wasn't even in highschool for very long, yet every story tries to spin it as a highschool drama.

I'd much prefer a college aged Peter.
>>
>>93770042
Spectacular was good. As were the games.

It's just that the movies are bad. ASM tried to appeal to the Twilight crowd and the lead actor had the charisma of a brick.
>>
>>93774407
>She's drawn white, depicted as white, said to be white by the japs

Oh fuck no. The wrongness of this is on a whole other level.
>>
>>93777061
She has the body of a 13 year old boy.
>>
>>93771875
True democracy is a fucking blight that will kill millions. If you honestly believe that majority vote should matter I want you to do me a favor: google lynchings. Because that I said what popular vote in a democratic society leads to. It's called mob rule.

Read some fucking Socrates you uneducated swine.
>>
>>93775895
No fuck you
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>93774661
>>
>>93777336

That doesn't stop you fags from pretending Taylor Swift is hot.
>>
>>93769080
the only flaw in this is that they threw ganke in under the name ned leeds

so making michelle mary jane isnt as much of a stretch as it may seem in this movie
>>
>>93777364
Popular vote also heavily weighs the scales in favour for urban areas, which vote overwhelmingly leftist.

Republic > True Democracy

>>93777387
Taylor Swift is as stacked as a single waffle and yet she's still got a better body than Zendaya.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>93777368
>>
File: 70891.jpg (31KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
70891.jpg
31KB, 225x350px
>>93777423
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>93777443
>>
File: fvDYjjc.gif (2MB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
fvDYjjc.gif
2MB, 400x560px
>>93777416
>yet she's still got a better body than Zendaya.

Nah. Taylor Swift is embarrassing to look at.
>>
File: Johan_und_schuwald.png (289KB, 651x489px) Image search: [Google]
Johan_und_schuwald.png
289KB, 651x489px
>>93777475
>>
File: TSwizzle.jpg (479KB, 669x858px) Image search: [Google]
TSwizzle.jpg
479KB, 669x858px
>>93777489
That's why it's embarrassing. This beanpole has a better figure than Zendaya.
>>
File: 75917239_36aeb02fc0_o.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
75917239_36aeb02fc0_o.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>93777368
>>93777423
>>93777443
>>93777475

>This thread
>>
>>93777541

Nah son. If for some retarded unknown reason Taylor and Zendaya offered themselves to me I'd choose Zendaya instantly.
>>
I hate that they namedropped MJ. Its one of those retarded "reveals" that's shoehorned in so that normies can feel good about themselves for catching some piece of "nerdy XD" trivia. It is completely pointless. The character isn't Mary Jane and acts nothing like Mary Jane so why does she have to have the same nickname? Why can't she just be Michelle? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Just like JGL being revealed as Robin.
>>
>>93777489
>t. Radfem Salon Pundit
>>
>>93777489
Twerking is gross. Whatever sexual interest you MIGHT get from that should be more than countered with the lowering of opinion you have for the skank.
>>
>>93777674

That's some long reach you got there.

>>93777690
>Twerking is gross

That's like your opinion, man. It doesn't change the fact that Zendaya > Taylor Swift.
>>
File: 1485108330757.jpg (103KB, 800x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485108330757.jpg
103KB, 800x360px
>>93777423
>>93777443
>>93777475
>>93777498
Not reading through the thread, but did some dumb weeb trying to project onto anime characters say they're drawn white and totally ignore that gaijin are either drawn exactly the same as everyone else, if they are cute guys/girls, or drawn like big nosed, round-eyed and square jawed tards playing on Japanese stereotypes of gaijin like Amercan stereotypes on blacks?
>>
File: 1469817086176.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469817086176.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
>>93777969
Because, JUST
>>
>>93777969
>>93777995
now you realize trump is the american stereotype
>>
>>93777969
The way I see it, it depends on the show. If it takes place in Japan whether it be actual Japan or Fantasy Japan then no matter they eye/hair/skin color they are Japanese until stated otherwise. On the other hand shit like FMA which obviously takes place in fantasy Germany and Baccano which takes place in prohibition era America the characters are anything but Japanese unless stated otherwise.
>>
>>93778053
Trump is the personification of America. I can't think of any more American man than Trump.
>>
Man I wish we could ban /pol/ threads
>>
>>93778087
Yeah, I totally agree with that. That's the way I tend to see it too. I don't get why people are so desperate to project onto anime characters or cartoons in general. It's pretty easy to gauge the context of the cartoon and figure out who/what the characters are.
>>
>>93778226
>Marvel intern angry that nobody accepts their raceswap bullshit
>>
File: 1494167092869.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494167092869.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>93775888
It was built by army engineers after slavery was outlawed.
>>
>>93777969
Yah, bretty much.

I love how some manga and anime play up the ungainliness of Euro/American characters -- "Blood and The Last Vampire" makes Saiya's American handlers look 8'-10' tall, with loading-cranes for arms, and folding telephone-poles for legs.
>>
>>93778250

If some character's name is Toshiro, he's prolly Japanese, while, say, Jimmy Hotdog, Manuel Chorizo, or Klaus Von Schnitzel, he prolly ain't even Asian.
>>
>>93772788
Flash's real name is Eugene in the comics. Imagine being this casual.
>>
>>93774661
>Tumblr has even infiltrated anime
Is nothing safe?
>>
so what is the point of her in the movie then? she even got her name on the promotional poster. just a nigger to add to the diversity count?
>>
>>93777629
>those non-titties
Pathetic.
>>
>>93778087
It's weird seeing the live action Edward as a japanese guy. They could have at least hired a pale jap.
>>
>>93779608
>Not liking tiny titties
>Not putting the whole thing in your mouth

Scrub
>>
File: Awesome.gif (3MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Awesome.gif
3MB, 256x192px
>>93779946
Just admit you want to fuck men, faggot.
>>
>>93779990
>Liking tiny titties means you can't like milkbags.

Get a load of this guy.
>>
File: BoobBounce.gif (4MB, 225x382px) Image search: [Google]
BoobBounce.gif
4MB, 225x382px
>>93780034
Either with us or against us motherfucker.
>>
>>93780084

I will continue to enjoy the best of both worlds.
>>
File: 1461869252161.jpg (33KB, 477x593px) Image search: [Google]
1461869252161.jpg
33KB, 477x593px
>>93780097
Your lack of focus will hinder you.

The man who strides between plains and mountains experiences neither.
>>
>>93780128

Only sith deal in absolutes.
Thread posts: 515
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.