[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what episode did Futurama start its decline? Sometime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1486075623937.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486075623937.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
At what episode did Futurama start its decline? Sometime after the movies?
>>
>>93765941
First episode of the Comedy Central seasons.
>>
>>93766113
Probably this, but it had certain resurgences in quality during the comedy central seasons so it wasn't a total and continuous decline but more like ups and downs with an overall trend downwards

At least they never had a poochie
>>
>>93765941
Season 7 episode 1

You can also notice a change in the humor going from S3->S4. Still good, but not AS good
>>
>>93765941
The movies and when Fry became really annoying and mopey
>>
Not really a decline (in the gradual sense), they just couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Both the movies and the two CC seasons have their moments, but right from the beginning they were never anywhere as good as the original run.
>>
>>93765941
The peak was season 3. Season 4 was ok. The movies are okayish. The newer episodes are awful - okayish.
>>
>>93765941
before the movies: amazing
movies: okay
after movies: meh
last episode: great again
>>
Hated how in the movies and CC series, Bender became even more obnoxious and referring to himself in the third person.
>>
>>93765941
beast with a billion backs
>>
>>93765941

As others have said, it was never really a decline, more than quality stopped being as consistent during Comedy Central reboots. Even in its original run, Futurama occasionally had pretty large dips in quality ("That's Lobstertainment!", "Route of All Evil", "Put Your Head on my Shoulder", etc). There are still some great episodes few and far between in the Comedy Central seasons, and I think the show itself ended on a pretty high note, although I still prefer "The Devils Hands as Idle Playthings" as the jumping off point.
>>
8 to 9 episodes post movies I feel are okay to good.
>>
Do people actually like the last episode? It seemed like such a shit way of finalising the series. Easily my least favourite episode.
>>
>>93767403
Fry and Lela got to live it out together alone and now they'll do it all again with the rest of the world.

Honestly went better than it could have gone leaving it vague.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.