[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Kingdom Come Superman supposed to seem like an asshole? >How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Superman_(Kingdom_Come)_2.jpg (32KB, 323x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_(Kingdom_Come)_2.jpg
32KB, 323x480px
Is Kingdom Come Superman supposed to seem like an asshole?
>How dare you decide that killing the Joker is okay, I'm going to room and not talking to you for years!
>Hehe I bet you feel like hot shit now huh, Magog?
>WTF you used to be cool Bruce/Arthur/Orion but now you suck!
>Uh I don't want to take anyone off-planet, I just want to make a secret super-gulag in the middle of the US without telling anyone
>Back in MY day superheroes were good and awesome unlike all you sucky modern heroes!
>Shut up about the bible, old guy, I didn't put Armageddon on MY calendar!
>If they won't shape up then I'll fight them!
>WTF why do they want to fight?
>muh rules
>>
>>93762829
Mark Waid and Alex Ross are cranky out-of-touch old men.
>>
>>93762849
Waid was in his 30's when he wrote this.
>>
>>93762829
Yes, he's supposed to be wrong. Did you not finish the comic?
>>
>>93762829
Yes. He literally causes the catastrophe he was trying to prevent, it is the tragic irony of Kingdom Come.
>>
>>93762986
Yes, three times. But instead of coming off as a tragic figure like >>93762990 says he seems more of a mouthpiece for Waid and Ross like >>93762849 says.
>>
File: kingdomcome.jpg (198KB, 661x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kingdomcome.jpg
198KB, 661x1024px
Still one of the best OH SHIT moments in comics.
>>
>>93763754
why did he pull him down for the last nuke? Or magic lightning it for that matter
Maybe I missed something but if its just one nuke that Bats and WW could take out solo why not just push it farther up or something?
>>
>>93763754
The fucking boner though
>>
>>93763850
I was confused by it too, from a narrative perspective.
The choices he's given are stop the bomb (save metas, doom humans) or let it drop (doom metas, save humans) so he flies up and makes it explode and it kills some metas but there are some survivors so somehow that means he chose to save both types of people and life is the most important thing of all?
I don't understand Waid's train of thought there.
>>
>>93762829
>missing the point this hard

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK.
>>
>>93763850
>>93763981
When the U.N. is discussing dropping the bomb, they mention that the bomb projects a forcefield that makes it immune to a bunch of superhuman abilities... WW and Bats make an effort to target the bombers BEFORE they're able to drop the bombs... Supes sees that one of the bombs goes active and leaves Billy with the choice to let the bomb detonate or stop it, but Supes doesn't count on Marvel taking the choice out of his hands by sacrificing himself--essentially he's saying to Superman that the division that Superman draws between super/normal human is bullshit, since mortal Billy made the choice, and super Marvel carried it out.
>>
>>93763754
>>93763850
>>93763981
>>93764323
honestly while I love the earlier parts of it, the ending for Kingdom Come is 15 different shades of awful, not exactly hard to reconcile the differences between Human & Metahuman when there's only about a dozen of the latter left, it's like as if Waid & Ross couldn't think of an actual ending for the comic so they just killed off almost everyone to make things easy for them

also I like to imagine that the Kingdom Come Earth just gets completely stomped in a Crisis type event within a couple years of the end of the comic since it has almost no Metahumans left to protect it, and only a couple of them are actually particularly useful ones, bonus points if it's a KC version of Blackest Night cause they'd be extra screwed in that scenario
>>
>>93762829
>Back in MY day superheroes were good and awesome unlike all you sucky modern heroes
To be fair, those new heroes did suck.
>>
>>93762976
You'll be surprised how cranky and out of touch you can get in your 30s.
>>
File: Kingdom Come GOAT.jpg (349KB, 696x354px)
Kingdom Come GOAT.jpg
349KB, 696x354px
>>93766589
>DUDE WEED MAN LMAO
>>
>>93764323
If he shazam stopped the bomb then didn't he essentially chose to save the metas?
>>
>>93762829
sounds like the problem is you being an edgefag
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.