[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all agree that nothing from Heroes Reborn onward is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: marvellogo.jpg (72KB, 737x547px) Image search: [Google]
marvellogo.jpg
72KB, 737x547px
So we all agree that nothing from Heroes Reborn onward is canon, right?
>>
>>93761220
But muh X-Statix
>>
Uhh, read Busiek and Perez's Avengers, dude. It's ULTRA-CANON.
>>
File: go home carol you are drunk.jpg (385KB, 984x1477px) Image search: [Google]
go home carol you are drunk.jpg
385KB, 984x1477px
>>93761220
*blocks your path*
>>
>>93761220

I liked Academy X
>>
That was the best logo
>>
>>93761220

This would be for the best for everyone.

>>93761275

Having just come from the Scarlet Witch/Vision thread below, am completely OK with those comics being non-canon.
>>
>>93761220
nah anything pre clone saga and onslut. The 90s began the many events and deconstruction themes we have until now.

Before only Cap had that stuff.
>>
>>93761538

>implying Onslaught and the end of the Clone Saga wouldn't work as The End for the Marvel Universe.
>>
the first three issues of Heroes Reborn was the last time the Fantastic Four have been good
>>
I don't think you understand what the word "canon" means.
>>
File: lexicon.jpg (22KB, 600x643px) Image search: [Google]
lexicon.jpg
22KB, 600x643px
>>93761609
Wrong.
>>
>>93761649
prove me wrong faggot
>>
>>93761675
Waid and Robinson. There, done.
>buh-buh-but muh Doom!!
If you're a Doomfag I recommend drinking bleach.
>>
>>93761394
>Having just come from the Scarlet Witch/Vision thread below, am completely OK with those comics being non-canon.
>implying shipfags' opinions matter
>>
>>93761707
>two of the most boring writers in the industry
>>
>>93761579
Two of the shittest comics that bankrupted marvel.

Onslut can capture frankin but weak thor kills him. Greattttt writingggggg.
>>
>>93761538
>I don't like comics that call out real-world bullshit

go read DC then
>>
>>93761745
And they somehow managed to create good Fantastic Four runs, funny how that works, huh?
>>
>>93761791
>Two of the shittest comics that bankrupted marvel.

>actually believing Marvel were bankrupted by comics-sales.
>>
>>93761791
if anything the X-Men were the problem, because they were more than half the line and their cockrot infected everything from 1991 to 2004, when they were finally dealt with by editorial fiat

under Harras, Marvel gave too much credence to vocal fans of awful comics with falling sales when it came to trying to work out what was wrong with the line as a whole; there was nothing wrong with the Avengers group that required a drastic solution like a reboot, it was just that their traditional themes were no longer being stuck to as they got drawn into more and more mutant bullshit chasing sales

if they'd just been telling their own stories - and if those stories had been good - they'd have sold more; eventually, they were telling their own stories again, and House of M really helped finalize that process

it's fine to say that Cap, Iron Man etc all had lower sales as individual titles and as a collection prior to Heroes Reborn - but that also means that falling sales (which the industry as a whole saw as 15% fewer sales year on year from 1993 until 2001) were primarily the fault of the major titles, in this case the X-books, whether because they failed to increase sales to cover losses elsewhere in the line, or experienced real falls themselves; there were (and remain) so many of them that a loss of interest in the X-Men as a group would seriously harm the company
>>
>>93761707
Robinson fucking sucks and killed ff. Only good book he wrotevwas the golden age. His other books like earth 2 and Squardon supreme are weird fucking messes.

The Starman tpb got axed because only losers care about that non hero faggot and his shit underdog drunky junkie writer.

Waids only good run is kingdom come and Daredevil. His flash run is alright but rushed and mary sue the democrat adventures.

By the way kurt buesik is dogshit. The most boring avengers run with the first sjw awful negro character.
>>
>>93762035
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>93761744

And it matters more to champion a boring dadcomic that spent half it's time REEEEEEEEing about what those Extreme 1990s comics did wrong?
>>
>>93762108
>defending the fucking Crossing
>>
>>93762119

>still complaining about a story that Heroes Reborn had already fixed, and there was no need to keep REEEEEEEEEEing about it.
>>
>>93762244
Heroes Reborn/Return didn't fix shit. It didn't explain how Tony was an adult again or how, if he was an aged teen Tony, had the older Tony's memories, other than "lol Onslaught shenanigans". Also, every character who died there remained dead (admittedly, I don't care about Luna's babysitter, but that's besides the point).
>>
>>93762035
>and Daredevil

No, it's only Kingdom Come, and that's because Ross did half the plotting anyway.
>>
>>93761675

Scott Lobdell's five...ish issues right after Heroes Reborn relaunch were fun. Waid's run had good stories in it. Grant Morrison's 1234...
>>
>>93762035
>Waid Daredevil
>good
i want this meme to end
>>
>>93764574

Same>>93763331
>>
>>93761220
nothing from when claremont left his original x-men run and all the artists left for image is canon.
>>
>>93761220
My favorite series from after that (Exiles, Longshot saves the MU, Superior Does) might aswell not be canon, so sure.
>>
>>93766376
*Foes
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.